The Official CAG March 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lolwut?']
dscn0806ob.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL I got Maelstrom from GoGamer as well. Not sure if I should use it as a coaster or a doorstop...

[quote name='punkmaggit']LOL I got Maelstrom from GoGamer as well. Not sure if I should use it as a coaster or a doorstop...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty cool for them to throw that in for free, though I doubt I'll play it any time soon (if ever).

dscn0814tc.jpg

GOW 3
Lunar Silver Star PSP LE 2X
Bad Company PS3
FTB 3
Metallica GH PS3
Smash Hits GH PS3
Lego Rock Band PS3
GH World Tour PS2

Here are the pick ups from the last few days :D (click on pics to zoom) :)

[IMG-L=6061]12964[/IMG-L]
Resonance of Fate Guide (Still waiting on BB to ship the game though :bomb:) & GTA:LCS

[IMG-L=6061]12965[/IMG-L]
God Of War III Ultimate Edition

[IMG-L=6061]12967[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=6061]12968[/IMG-L]

Final Fantasy XIII CE

[IMG-L=6061]12966[/IMG-L]
Final Fantasy XIII Faceplate x3 (one is going to my friend though, other one into the collection, the FFXIII HD is not on my system cuz my DLC is on my MW2 HD. :razz:)

[quote name='lolwut?']

gothic, lol. I take it you're not an avid metal fan?

[/QUOTE] that shitty mall metal you listen to isn't real metal

Here are my pick ups. DA:A is being shipped too.

DSCN0420.jpg

I am loving SMB, God of War, and Tricky. Infamous is alright I mean I haven't truly given it a chance just because I picked it up form goozex right before GOW.

EDIT: ZxT Vendetta, what is the Pandora's Box made out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ATK']Here are my pick ups. DA:A is being shipped too.

I am loving SMB, God of War, and Tricky. Infamous is alright I mean I haven't truly given it a chance just because I picked it up form goozex right before GOW.

EDIT: ZxT Vendetta, what is the Pandora's Box made out of?[/QUOTE]

fucking plastic :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I'm so pissed!!

These are just my Final Fantasy XIII related pick-ups, I'll post the rest of my purchases by the end of the week since I should have almost everything in by Friday. Only FF13 item Im missing that still has to arrive is the LE soundtack.

FF093.jpg

FF094.jpg

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']fucking plastic :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I'm so pissed!![/QUOTE]seriously?!? I thought that was going to be high quality metal or some shit

Motorola Droid - $50 at Amazon.. I pay my parents $30 a month for the data plan, they cover the talking and texting.

Clear case and screen protectors for Droid.. $5 in total from eBay.

iPod touch 32GB 3rd Gen!!! $217 shipped. I have 260 apps downloaded and ready to unload on this baby... Also bought a $5 blue clear hard case from eBay.. Very nice.

The Dollman/Demonic Toys Box Set on DVD, New, for $23 shipped from eBay.

Fallout 3 GOTY plus the GOTY Hardbound Collector's Guide... $62 shipped for the bundle. That guide is OOP and is going for a lot, so I spent a good bit on this bundle but I gotta say it's worth it... That's a lot of content. It's gonna be a good game. I plan to buy a PS3 Slim no later than June. I just need to stack up some more paychecks since I've been spending a lot lately, namely on that awesome iPod touch.

Pokemon HeartGold and Guide new - $46 shipped. PokeWalker and Ho-Oh figure included. Playing through this game now... Liking it a lot.

Oblivion GOTY, 360 - $16 shipped. I already own this but I bought this one because I can flip it at $25 or more.

Infinite Space, DS new - $26 shipped. This one looks like it will be rare. Fun game...

Final Fantasy XIII Hardbound Collector's Guide new - $18 shipped. I'm gonna be keeping this one sealed. It's already going for over $100 on eBay. I should have bought 3.

SMT Strange Journey, DS new - $33. Just an awesome, awesome game. Comes with the soundtrack.

Sakura Wars Premium Edition, PS2 - $38 new. The PS2 is going out with a bang, this one is gonna be great.

Insane Clown Posse Bang Pow Boom Nuclear Edition, 3 disc set New - $13 shipped. Idk, the album is actually decent.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, DS New - $20. With slipcover.

A Boy and His Blob, Wii - $18. New

That's it so far. I've preordered 3D Dot Game Heroes and Agarest of War Premium Edition, but those don't come out for a few more weeks. Excited about everything. I am very fortunate in my life...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Motorola Droid - $50 at Amazon.. I pay my parents $30 a month for the data plan, they cover the talking and texting.

Clear case and screen protectors for Droid.. $5 in total from eBay.

iPod touch 32GB 3rd Gen!!! $217 shipped. I have 260 apps downloaded and ready to unload on this baby... Also bought a $5 blue clear hard case from eBay.. Very nice.

The Dollman/Demonic Toys Box Set on DVD, New, for $23 shipped from eBay.

Fallout 3 GOTY plus the GOTY Hardbound Collector's Guide... $62 shipped for the bundle. That guide is OOP and is going for a lot, so I spent a good bit on this bundle but I gotta say it's worth it... That's a lot of content. It's gonna be a good game. I plan to buy a PS3 Slim no later than June. I just need to stack up some more paychecks since I've been spending a lot lately, namely on that awesome iPod touch.

Pokemon HeartGold and Guide new - $46 shipped. PokeWalker and Ho-Oh figure included. Playing through this game now... Liking it a lot.

Oblivion GOTY, 360 - $16 shipped. I already own this but I bought this one because I can flip it at $25 or more.

Infinite Space, DS new - $26 shipped. This one looks like it will be rare. Fun game...

Final Fantasy XIII Hardbound Collector's Guide new - $18 shipped. I'm gonna be keeping this one sealed. It's already going for over $100 on eBay. I should have bought 3.

SMT Strange Journey, DS new - $33. Just an awesome, awesome game. Comes with the soundtrack.

Sakura Wars Premium Edition, PS2 - $38 new. The PS2 is going out with a bang, this one is gonna be great.

Insane Clown Posse Bang Pow Boom Nuclear Edition, 3 disc set New - $13 shipped. Idk, the album is actually decent.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, DS New - $20. With slipcover.

A Boy and His Blob, Wii - $18. New

That's it so far. I've preordered 3D Dot Game Heroes and Agarest of War Premium Edition, but those don't come out for a few more weeks. Excited about everything. I am very fortunate in my life...[/QUOTE]
so do your rich ass parents pay all your bills or do you live in their basement?

[quote name='darkslime']so do your rich ass parents pay all your bills or do you live in their basement?[/QUOTE]

Wonder if he rocks the Gucci like you darkslime. :cool:

[quote name='darkslime']that shitty mall metal you listen to isn't real metal[/QUOTE]

oword? I'm glad that the authority on all things metal has come to set the record straight.

Seriously though, do you even understand the point of this thread? You haven't posted a single pick-up, you've just been trolling hard for the past 4 pages.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']
[/QUOTE]

You must be looking at a different Ebay than I am. I see them all going for MSRP or even less...

[quote name='Denzalo']You must be looking at a different Ebay than I am. I see them all going for MSRP or even less...[/QUOTE]
seriously, I was thinking the same thing when I saw that.
Also, the Fallout 3 GOTY CE guide he said was going for a ton is selling on Amazon for

[quote name='Denzalo']You must be looking at a different Ebay than I am. I see them all going for MSRP or even less...[/QUOTE]

I think he's going off of the inflated Buy It Now Prices, which nobody will purchase.

In his TL he thinks Vesperia sealed = $65 game. :roll:

at least you got a price/response
I've posted in his thread and PM'd him for a price/cml for his All Fronts code and have thus far been ignored

ps-I saw your response in his thread, nice "Tales" collection. Actually, I pretty much envy everything you post in here as well.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I think he's going off of the inflated Buy It Now Prices, which nobody will purchase.

In his TL he thinks Vesperia sealed = $65 game. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah Buy it Now can be annoying...I hate searching for games, seeing them at a decent price, then seeing 4 days left and $8 dollar shipping, and then a bunch of Buy It Now for $65.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I think he's going off of the inflated Buy It Now Prices, which nobody will purchase.

In his TL he thinks Vesperia sealed = $65 game. :roll:[/QUOTE]

But I have a sealed Tales of Vesperia....so your telling me...ToV is not worth $65?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Yeah Buy it Now can be annoying...I hate searching for games, seeing them at a decent price, then seeing 4 days left and $8 dollar shipping, and then a bunch of Buy It Now for $65.[/QUOTE]

I hate BIN prices with a passion too. I honestly can't blame people for posting them like that though. I mean there are still people dumb enough to pay some of those inflated prices and as long as they exist I guess we just have to deal with it... :bomb:

[quote name='ZerotypeX']But I have a sealed Tales of Vesperia....so your telling me...ToV is not worth $65?[/QUOTE]

He is technically half correct. It was going around the $70 mark until it got a reprint. And of course since it is still available at amazon for $30 new the secondary market for it went back to what it was before it was temporarily OOP. Long run though since it was a well liked Tales game, I personally think it will only go up in value.

Now the Strategy Guide is another story. Damn expensive one at that on the secondary market

[quote name='darkslime']on sunday i bought pokemon heartgold at tru.

are you happy now?[/QUOTE]

No, but I think it's cute that you're concerned with my happiness.

dscn0832.jpg

picture087eg.jpg

Tax return time and some good deals made this a busy month

Gundam Unicorn Bluray
Evangelion You are Not alone 1. whatever bluray
Qanba wireless Ps3/PC arcade stick
320 gb external hard drive
Sony alpha A100
Nokia N900 cellphone

[quote name='coolsteel']
Nokia N900 cellphone[/QUOTE]

Awesome pick up.

How much did you pay for it? The lowest I've seen were from Dell for $480 without tax or shipping a couple weeks back. I wish I'd pulled the trigger :cry:.

picked up infamous for 15 from pawn shop
picked up dj hero ps3 pawn shop 30 with turntable
most of money saving for trip to disney in two weeks

lo-i like your metallica shrt, i still have an orginal from master of puppets tour they did with ozzy. not so much a fan of them since and justice
if you like slayer there new album is great

just to respond to darkslime before he chimes in, shut up, nobody cares what you say,

[quote name='coolsteel']

Tax return time and some good deals made this a busy month

Gundam Unicorn Bluray
Evangelion You are Not alone 1. whatever bluray
Qanba wireless Ps3/PC arcade stick
320 gb external hard drive
Sony alpha A100
Nokia N900 cellphone[/QUOTE]

How's the Qanba stick?

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']^coolsteel, very nice arcade stick![/QUOTE]

Thanks pretty amazing from a Chinese company

[quote name='knightsdwn']Awesome pick up.

How much did you pay for it? The lowest I've seen were from Dell for $480 without tax or shipping a couple weeks back. I wish I'd pulled the trigger :cry:.[/QUOTE]

Ouch I paid 524 after shipping and taxes but will be getting 24 back via bing cash back. I was going to get the n97 which was much cheaper but spending a few hours reading about the various ram problems scared me off .

[quote name='ZerotypeX']How's the Qanba stick?[/QUOTE]

I spent 20 minutes with it so far due to lack of time, backwards compatible with ps2 games on the ps3 , velvet on the bottom so I can freely put it on my lap on a cold morning in my boxers and feel no chill and from what I noticed nothing out of the ordinary as far as button response. Honestly it has the potential to become my favorite, Qanba could make a ton by selling the case alone as it is really a cut above and feels extremely sturdy (no surprise for a wooden case) .

[quote name='camelking6969']picked up infamous for 15 from pawn shop
picked up dj hero ps3 pawn shop 30 with turntable
most of money saving for trip to disney in two weeks

lo-i like your metallica shrt, i still have an orginal from master of puppets tour they did with ozzy. not so much a fan of them since and justice
if you like slayer there new album is great

just to respond to darkslime before he chimes in, shut up, nobody cares what you say,[/QUOTE]metallica is great but the new albums are shit. i saw them play 2 years ago with a bunch of other bands and the show was kind of boring. might've been the crowd, a bunch of fat drunk hicks.

also i hope you fall off the rollercoaster, retard

[quote name='darkslime']metallica is great but the new albums are shit. i saw them play 2 years ago with a bunch of other bands and the show was kind of boring. might've been the crowd, a bunch of fat drunk hicks.

also i hope you fall off the rollercoaster, retard[/QUOTE]

i thank you for wishing me well, i hope that thumb gets shoved up your a**

Really guys?

Anyways-

:ps3: Prince of Persia - $10
:ps3: God of War Collection - Free (Bought with MW2 for $40, sold MW2 by it's self for $40.. thus Free!)
:ps3: God of War 3 - $60 (RZ Points ahoy!)

[quote name='KillerRamen']I picked up the Princess and the Frog combo too! I hope you used the $10 manufacturer's coupon. :)[/QUOTE]

There was a $10 manufacturer's coupon? :roll: I bought it through Amazon, so I still saved a few on tax, but would have been nice to get it $10 cheaper.

[quote name='camelking6969']lo-i like your metallica shrt, i still have an orginal from master of puppets tour they did with ozzy. not so much a fan of them since and justice
if you like slayer there new album is great[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude; I got it for like 10 bucks, haha. Not a fan of Slayer though

Nice pick ups everyone. It always surprises me that with so many people on this website buying cheap stuff, more people don't post in this thread.

Some more pick ups.

[IMG-L=6061]13196[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]13198[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]13197[/IMG-L]

The Heroes comic is signed and authenticated. Jeph Loeb & Tim Kring signed it. #95/300.

Resonance of Fate Finally!! Got the Prince of Persia Steelbook from a CAG Lowball auction. :D

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']^Why does Europe always get the nice steelbooks? Lol[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing when I opened up my mail the other night when I got that game.

Not too many steelbooks in the US for :ps3: games. :cry:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']fucking plastic :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I'm so pissed!![/QUOTE]

Not to laugh at you, but that's why I didn't want to pick up the GOW3 UE, since I figured it'd be some cheap ass plastic replica of Pandora's Box.

At least if you were in the UK, you could've picked up the GOW3 UE Trilogy Edition from there and been given physical CD's for the soundtracks and all and received the GOW Collection in the box as well.:D
[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Nice pick ups everyone. It always surprises me that with so many people on this website buying cheap stuff, more people don't post in this thread.[/QUOTE]
That's because some of us cheapasses are busy waiting for Target/Kmart/Sears to drop prices to where we finally want to buy the games and it'll be till mid summer before we can post. Plus, many of us cheapasses don't have digital cameras to be able to snap photos of our hauls either.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not to laugh at you, but that's why I didn't want to pick up the GOW3 UE, since I figured it'd be some cheap ass plastic replica of Pandora's Box.

At least if you were in the UK, you could've picked up the GOW3 UE Trilogy Edition from there and been given physical CD's for the soundtracks and all and received the GOW Collection in the box as well.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah well I did lock it in for $90 rather than $100 and I had some promo credit and some gift cards and I am a sucker for LE's... :roll:

So it isn't too bad and yeah I wish I had hopped on the UE from the UK myself. Oh well. I already have GoW Collection anyways.

FFXIII with CE guide
main.php

More games for my PS2 RPG Collection, along with GoW 3 and Resonance of Fate.
main.php

Also picked up Age of Booty from PSN for $4.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back