The Official CAG November 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Friday Blackness" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tsel']I was going to post a picture, but I'll just quote this instead, because that's exactly what I got the other day. Same consoles even.[/QUOTE]

No picture here, but same for me as well - Skyrim on 360, MW3 on PS3.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Nashville is an incredible city[/quote]

:rofl:

Couple anime sets arrived today.

photo1cy.jpg

photo2vu.jpg

But the highlight lies with Record of Lodoss War,

photo3gy.jpg

Signed by Lisa Ortiz, ^___^

photo4kjn.jpg

photo5rf.jpg

[quote name='AugustAPC']No offense to the dude that digs that album, but this got a snicker out of me, lol.

Man, I've got so much shit from garage sales and whatnot this month... I'll have to get it all lookin' pretty so you guys can fap.[/QUOTE]

No offense taken, I thought it was funny too. Really appropriate if you're familiar with Luke Bryan though.

[quote name='Scorch']
:rofl:[/QUOTE]

i understand that some people consider it a "thing" to dislike country music. But I thank you not to belittle my opinion. Man, CAG is not nearly as friendly as it used to be.

So I went downstairs to get a cup of water, and I noticed a pink slip wedged in my front door crevice.

I went outside to check in my utility box and found 2 more packages that the mailman forgot to drop off earlier (he does this pretty often since I get like 5 package a day, so sometimes he loses track
icon_razz.gif
).

Moar anime!!!

photo1gqg.jpg

photo2pb.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Kinect Sports, TF: DoTM, Crysis 2 from gamefly, returned my Cursed Crusade and Kinect Sports Season 2 to Hastings and picked up Uncharted 3 and GoW Origins instead. Definitely snagging Kinect Sports S2 at Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving. Have had Halo & AC pre-ordered since they were announced. Had some trade-ins that I got more for trading into Gamestop so I got Saints Row 3 there instead of paying cash for it at K-Mart.

IMG_0558.jpg

Starcraft II CE (via trade), Bought Harry Potter after I picked up Skyrim the other night at midnight. Bought the Steve Jobs book yesterday.

IMG_0561.jpg

Skyrim CE guide from Amazon. Stopped by a vintage game store on Sunday and snagged the other 3 guides for $10 total. Will probably give the Fable & FFXII guides to my buddy if he doesn't already have em. This is my 2nd AC Artbook so I might put that up on the trade list.

IMG_0562.jpg

Skyrim CE. Too lazy to dig up the box out of the closet :razz:

IMG_0560.jpg

Triple Pack via Trade Forum. College Hoops and Beowulf were pickups so I could get the 50% extra trade in credit at GS. I don't own either so I will just keep them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's pickups:
IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

These will most likely be my last pickups this month. I've got a HUGE backlog and I need to get playing! I just started Rage last night and that's pretty damn entertaining, although I will admit that I've been dying to play Combat Evolved since I've heard of this release. Maybe my brother and I will do an allnighter and play the campaign.

All in all....one busy month.

I purchased some things last week and this week
Nov8buys2011.jpg

Darker Than Black Season 2 w/ OVAs, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, and Gundam 00 lanyard.

Nov9buys2011.jpg

Roku 2 XS and Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3)

Nov15buys2011.jpg

Medieval Moves, Ratchet & Clank shirt, along with PSN card.

Today's pickups:
1769062711_photobucket_40154_.jpg

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - $40 at Wal-Mart
Green Lantern and Call of Juarzez - $10 each at Family Video. These are damn near mint. Complete and in good shape. I'm surprised.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photo1yhg.jpg

photo2jr.jpg

photo3jf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Have you watched RahXephon yet? It is one of my all time favorites. The story was fantastic, and I actually found all the "emotional" type parts to be genuinely moving. Fantastic!!!

[quote name='Zaku77']Have you watched RahXephon yet? It is one of my all time favorites. The story was fantastic, and I actually found all the "emotional" type parts to be genuinely moving. Fantastic!!![/QUOTE]

I've watched part of the series awhile back, but never finished it, but from what I've watched, it was pretty good, so now to get back into it again. :3

[quote name='Squarehard']

photo3gy.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Lodoss War didn't age too well for me, fortunately I was awesome enough to pay $17.48 in credit and then trade it back in for $18.50 :cool: Hurray for free rentals! :whee:

A Squarehard post that has zero anime whatsoever?! What has this world come to?!

Anyway, on to the goods! This is just yesterday and today.
1769062711_photobucket_41337_.jpg

Everybody Dance was from the PlayStation Rewards program. The rest of the PS3/360 games were from BBV. The best part about it is that they were all COMPLETE and in good shape. The blu with the title covered up is Batman: Under the Red Hood. That and the remaining blus and Pokemon Diamond were also from BBV. Pokemon White was from a trade with a CAG.

Total spent for everything here was a measly $65.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0573.jpg

My Gamestop saved me the Skyrim window poster :D

Snagged the Saints Row 3 Guide from GS, El Shaddai for $15 from GS after PUR coupon, Child of Eden from GF, and Dodonpachi courtesy of my UK friend (who is also getting me the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition (and steelbook) :D)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
IMG_0573.jpg

Snagged the Saints Row 3 Guide from GS, El Shaddai for $15 from GS after PUR coupon, Child of Eden from GF, and Dodonpachi courtesy of my UK friend (who is also getting me the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition (and steelbook) :D)[/QUOTE]

I'm in love with that poster. So awesome! :O

I picked up a bunch over this past month, and we still have BF deals coming up!

I finally re-bought a used 3DS after selling my launch unit this summer.
b9apw.jpg

I sold off a bunch of my personal PS1 collection at the beginning of this past summer to finance a three week trek I took to NYC, so I'm slowly in the process of picking a bunch of stuff back up, along with some titles I didn't have before.
2edcg9j.jpg

ct7cp.jpg

20frfrk.jpg

The Ar Tonelico was a re-buy, but the rest were all new.
29na5ue.jpg

Then we've got a lot of PS3/PS2 pick-ups from some local stores and GameFly sales.
141i34x.jpg

Finally, some more classic stuff.
b3ph68.jpg

Last, but not least, I came across a $5 copy of this beauty.
ftd5ok.jpg

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

[/QUOTE]

do you have any enemies you'd like to have "dealt with"? i'd kill for that poster :drool:

Another round of pickups right before we get into the Black Friday madness!

ps3_kmart.jpg

Picked both of these gems up at a local Kmart, couldn't pass them up at that price!

mgshdle.jpg

I wasn't expecting this box to be so big, that's a good sized art book in there!

kinects.jpg

Snagged Gunstringer for 20 from Best Buy, my wife bought the Disneyland Kinect at launch.

assrev.jpg

First game I preordered from Gamestop in ages. Actually went out to the midnight launch, wished I was getting Saints Row as well, but oh well.

skywardsword.jpg

I wasn't going to pick this up, but I woke up this morning and just couldn't help myself. This is actually my first Wii Remote Plus.

My biggest pickup of the month so far is below:
201111pickups5.jpg

I simply could not resist getting the AC: Revelations bundle. And I know the game will be way cheaper on Friday, but this way, I got to use a gift card and didn't really have to spend anything out of pocket.

Got these from the 3 for $30 deal at Walmart:
201111pickups6.jpg

And I'm actually pretty excited about these:
201111pickups7.jpg

These suckers are hard to find nowadays (unless you want to pay outrageous prices on eBay). I used to get them at the dollar store, so I was very happy to find them for a dollar each at BigLots and they are all ones that I didn't have (they also go for way more than a dollar online). The store unfortunately only had four; otherwise, I would've bought more. Still, I'm very pleased with my purchase, although I doubt the game is still available for them. For anyone who doesn't know, these are basically like Skylanders. You pick the figure you want, put it on a base that plugs into the PC, and you play as that character. Characters from different regions are able to unlock different areas and special games. There's not a whole lot of action aside from minigames, but it's still neat. I mostly just care about the toys, though.

I also picked up a copy of Skyward Sword but didn't bother with taking a picture because it would just be the game by itself, which isn't terribly exciting.

IMG_0392.jpg

Assassins Creed: Revaltions- $60 Gamstop for the Sig Edition
Skyrim- $55 on Amazon
Saints Row 3- $6 on amazon with various credits, opening is awesome
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3- $30 Newegg, mainly to play with friends
Skyrim Guide- $20 with credit GS
Skyrim CE Guide- $23 on Amazon

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']do you have any enemies you'd like to have "dealt with"? i'd kill for that poster :drool:[/QUOTE]

Might have to debate that... ;)

In all seriousness though I can pretty much get anything poster or standee wise from my gamestop. They gave me the Gears 3 countdown clock and numerous other posters before. I think I am going to have to snag some Assassins Creed and Halo stuff next :D

Before "official" Black Friday shopping begins, from last week.

IMG_0128.jpg

Goldeneye - $6
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $6
Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - $6
Fable 3 - $6
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $6
Crank - $6
Piranha - $6
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - $6
The Collector - $6

IMG_0126.jpg

Saints Row the Third (got as a present)
Samurai Jack: Season 2 - $10
Eneloop AA batteries - $11

[quote name='bardockkun']Before "official" Black Friday shopping begins, from last week.

IMG_0128.jpg

Goldeneye - $6
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $6
Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - $6
Fable 3 - $6
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $6
Crank - $6
Piranha - $6
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - $6
The Collector - $6[/QUOTE]

Did they not have Crank on Blu?

[quote name='Scorch']Did they not have Crank on Blu?[/QUOTE]
Crank on Blu has that 1 GB install if I remember reading about it right. So rather save the hassle and just watch it on DVD.

Nov21buys2011.jpg

I got The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, K-ON! Vol. 4, and Star Driver Vol. 1.

Nov22buys2011.jpg

I got Fairy Tale Part 1, KoFXIII w/ soundtrack, and Tekken Hybrid.

Since I went to Anime USA on Friday/Saturday, oh course I ended up going crazy buying junk again.

AU2011_buys5.jpg

Black Star (Soul Eater) plushie, Soul Eater binder (I actually needed some new binders for stuff on my shelf), Vocaloid Kaito shirt, Madoka cloth, Kingdom Hearts cell phone charms, Vocaloid coasters, and Air Gear Vol. 1 manga.

AU2011_buys4.jpg

LittleBigPlanet and Durarara!! Celty shirts, along with .Hack//Roots complete (all DVDs).

AU2011_buys3.jpg

SKET Dance and Letter Bee mugs. My Fanboy glassware of Kingdom Hearts symbols (chose the pint size over shot glass or beer mug versions).

AU2011_buys1.jpg

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherood JP poster, Madoka mousepad, Gundam00 Setsuna pencil board, Durarara!! and OreImo desk mats.

AU2011_buys2.jpg

I got SKET Dance posters (one came free inside my Bossun poster box, lol), Ah My Goddess!! Belldandy artwork, Blazblue artwork, and The World Ends With You artwork (I regretted not buying it at Otakon).

[quote name='SlaughterX']^Never heard of such a thing and I own it.[/QUOTE]
Then maybe I was drunk on rage at the time? Eitherway that BBV also had nothing else so I'll make due.

100_2069.jpg

DS games came as part of a CAG trade, Devil Survivor Overclocked came from the $30 Amazon sale. I don't even own a 3DS and won't for the foreseeable future but I want to hedge my bets against it becoming impossible to find again. Other games came from assorted sources, mostly CAG and Gamefly. I was super happy to track down a complete copy of G1 Jockey 3 for PS2 as it's one of the toughest Koei games to find on the system.

100_2068.jpg

Squarehard remains a very, very bad influence. I got all the FMA volumes during gohastings' 96 cent shipping promotion so they ended up being about $2 each. For some reason they didn't have Vol 7 in stock so I've had to try and track it down elsewhere.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']^^ Eureka Seven is freaking awesome.[/QUOTE]

For being a budget set, the Anime Legends compilation of E7 is pretty sleek-looking inside, too. I normally prefer individual volumes over thinpak/value sets, but this one is excellent. Definitely worth picking up if you can find a good deal on it.

More pickups, and I am sure there will be even more come Friday!

reddeadmonster.jpg

Got Red Dead for $30 from Amazon, Once Upon a Monster for $25 from Amazon as well

darksouls.jpg

Was surprised to see the CE Dark Souls show back up as "In Stock" at Amazon, so I finally caved and bought it along with the hardcover guide.

3a.jpg

These two FINALLY showed up (preordered them back in July). WWRp Heavy Bromwich Bramble, and Death Shop Boys set.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Where are people getting the Suikoden PS1?[/QUOTE]
Amazon Warehouse usually has complete copies for somewhere around $25 or so.

IMG_0393.jpg

-dragon Age Origins CE Wooden box- $60, from a friend in Singapore. Was happy to find this beauty but now i have buyers remorse.

-Crackdown 2 steelbook with game. $30 shipped from a friend that helped me import from EbayUk.
-MGS Risk- $50 somehow ordered 2, cause the first one for a friend got messed up, lucky i pre ordered them before they sold out cause they are getting rare now. Time to flip.

IMG_0129.jpg

Somethings my friend who works at Gamestop gave me...

-Max Payne shirt
-JASF shirt
-Harvest Moon llama plush

Otherwise...
-Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - $10
-Catherine
-Record of Agarest War
-Record of Agarest War Zero (all from buy 2 get 1 free and I had a gift card so grand total of $40)
-The Crow - $5
-Pulp Fiction - $4

[quote name='adriley313']

-MGS Risk- $50 somehow ordered 2, cause the first one for a friend got messed up, lucky i pre ordered them before they sold out cause they are getting rare now. Time to flip.[/QUOTE]

Really?...Went to a mall and saw a few of them at a Game shop (board games, puzzles, etc..). It was $40 when I took a gander at it. Is Risk a fun game? Never played it before.

IMG_0574.jpg

Got in on the WWE' 12 deal with some leftover credits. Knights Contract from GF. Pulp Fiction from the Lightning Deal. AC: Revelations CE guide since I have the ones to all the others (via Amazon). I have actually had Super 8 since last week before it came out.

IMG_0575.jpg

Speaking of before they come out... Got these over a week early. Friends With Benefits does come with a slipcover but I didn't have it on there when I snapped the picture. :razz:

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Really?...Went to a mall and saw a few of them at a Game shop (board games, puzzles, etc..). It was $40 when I took a gander at it. Is Risk a fun game? Never played it before.[/QUOTE]

There's a regular version and a limited edition, which is selling for around $150 on eBay. Only difference is the box art. Risk is fun with the right people. Haven't played the MGS version yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back