The Official CAG September 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally remember playing with that RC car as a kid, I would drive it up and down the street, it honestly was the best I had ever drove, you could drive it right into the sidewalk curb and it would do a complete flip and drive the other way, I don't know what happened to it but I remember it driving on nearly any terrain and as agile as it was, it was like a tank some how and would never break.

They made a Biker Mice from Mars DS game?! I freaking loved that show as a kid. And yeah, I always remember seeing those epic Rebound commercials, but I never actually owned one. I had a sad childhood.

From Gohastings. Escaflowne looks new.
2012-09-24_19-09-27_290_zps510811d9.jpg

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I totally remember playing with that RC car as a kid, I would drive it up and down the street, it honestly was the best I had ever drove, you could drive it right into the sidewalk curb and it would do a complete flip and drive the other way, I don't know what happened to it but I remember it driving on nearly any terrain and as agile as it was, it was like a tank some how and would never break.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see another CAG who had the Rebound. Not many things from childhood really live up to our memories, but this thing is still pretty freakin' awesome. Even by today's standards, I'd say this is probably one of the best RC cars ever made.

[quote name='Tsel']They made a Biker Mice from Mars DS game?! I freaking loved that show as a kid. And yeah, I always remember seeing those epic Rebound commercials, but I never actually owned one. I had a sad childhood.[/QUOTE]
I have to admit I had a pretty good childhood. I mean, emotionally, it was quite lacking and there were still many things I missed out on, but I still feel like life was pretty good to me back then. And yes, BMFM is available on DS and PS2. I don't know if they're any good, but I had to get this because I'm such a big fan. I've even got most of the action figures in near-perfect shape.

Not a lot of pick-ups this month, but I think I got some good stuff.

picture.php

Sega 32X & Metal Head:
I used to have one of these beasts back in the 90's. Can't say it was or is mind-blowing. I mainly bought it because I still have my otherwise-useless Tempo and Knuckles Chaotix cartridges around here somewhere.

picture.php

Sailor Moon Volume 3 Manga:
If my avatar isn't enough of a hint, I'm a big Sailor Moon fanboy. Not sure when it will get read, though.

picture.php

Jet Set Radio Original Soundtrack With Bonus Tracks From JSRF CD:
This album features a selection of 17 songs from two of the greatest soundtracks Sega has ever put together. It has such tracks as "Let Mom Sleep", "Humming The Bassline", and "The Concept Of Love". Yes, it's amazing.

---Not Pictured---
Rock Band Blitz (Xbox 360):
A surprisingly fun game that doubles as a track pack for Rock Band 3. I reviewed it on Tech-Gaming.

LEGO Rock Band Song Export (Xbox 360):
Rock Band Blitz has this "MUST BUY MORE SONGS TO PLAY IN IT!" effect on you. 40+ songs for $10 is well worth it.

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Volume 8 Manga:
I bought volumes 9 & 10 several months ago at a second-hand store for $3 each, but was never able to find volume 8 at the same place. Finally broke down and ordered the one I was missing.

[quote name='KtMack23']
Anyone know a good place to import a copy of the European Record of Agarest War PS3 LE?[/QUOTE]

You could ask Zaku77. I know he picked one up at some point.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yeah, I've got one. I grabbed mine off of ebay.de. That was the only place I could find one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll check there

Edit: Nothing up now, this could be harder than I'd thought.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Rock Band Blitz (Xbox 360): A surprisingly fun game that doubles as a track pack for Rock Band 3. I reviewed it on Tech-Gaming.[/QUOTE]
I've got some buddies who just love this game and I don't get it. At all. Almost everyone talks about it like it's so incredibly fun, but every time I try it, I'm bored to tears. It's just missing a certain flair and it feels like no more than a button mash-fest to me. To be honest, I'm a little bitter that other people are able to enjoy it. Heh.

[quote name='KtMack23']Thanks I'll check there

Edit: Nothing up now, this could be harder than I'd thought.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the LEs for Zero and 2? Are they on sale anywhere?

[quote name='jling84']If you don't mind me asking where did you get the LEs for Zero and 2? Are they on sale anywhere?[/QUOTE]

$40 new at GameStop for zero and $28 for like new on Amazon Warehouse Deals.

[quote name='KtMack23']$40 new at GameStop for zero and $28 for like new on Amazon Warehouse Deals.[/QUOTE]

I think he said those were birthday pick ups, which at least for me means they were gifts.

But you can definitely find them through WHD, especially roaw 2.

[quote name='Squarehard']I think he said those were birthday pick ups, which at least for me means they were gifts.

But you can definitely find them through WHD, especially roaw 2.[/QUOTE]

Nope, that means I bought them for myself to celebrate since my parents decided all I would get for my birthday was money in my college fund. #FirstWordProblems

EDIT: Why the fuck are you buying Bakugan? Have you just run out of animated shows to buy!?

[quote name='KtMack23']Nope, that means I bought them for myself since my parents decided all I would get for my birthday was money in my college fund. #FirstWordProblems[/QUOTE]

Makes sense then.

Btw, Happy Bday!

[quote name='KtMack23']EDIT: Why the fuck are you buying Bakugan? Have you just run out of animated shows to buy!?[/QUOTE]

They were 50 cents each at a local thrift store, so I was like why not.

[quote name='KtMack23']Nope, that means I bought them for myself to celebrate since my parents decided all I would get for my birthday was money in my college fund. #FirstWordProblems

EDIT: Why the fuck are you buying Bakugan? Have you just run out of animated shows to buy!?[/QUOTE]

Actually. I sorta liked Bakugan. The first series anyway. Everything else went downhill for me. Like how Beyblade went blah after Metal Fusion. And BEYWHEELZ. >

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've got some buddies who just love this game and I don't get it. At all. Almost everyone talks about it like it's so incredibly fun, but every time I try it, I'm bored to tears. It's just missing a certain flair and it feels like no more than a button mash-fest to me. To be honest, I'm a little bitter that other people are able to enjoy it. Heh.[/QUOTE]

Those games bore the snot out of me. Absolutely do NOT get the appeal.

[quote name='wiggyx']Those games bore the snot out of me. Absolutely do NOT get the appeal.[/QUOTE]
I like the regular Rock Band games, but it's largely because of the instruments. The games are fairly boring, but there's just something enjoyable about rocking out on the couch. Heh. And I don't care what anyone says, I love all of the big ugly plastic peripherals. It's one of the reasons why I like Nintendo: they're not afraid to come out with ridiculous gaming peripherals that clutter up the house. Unlike everyone else, I was actually really looking forward to the Vitality Sensor...and you have no idea how badly I want to get a Wii Bike. It's a sickness.

A couple of games i'd been meaning to get for a while now. I figured GoHastings 30% off and free shipping was as good a time as any. The discs are in good shape, the cases could use some goo gone for sticker smudges though.

10FAB249-102C-4A74-9D64-7CC9B5F825BE-2303-0000010E7543B9A8.jpg

[quote name='skiizim']OMG TMNT Tournament Fighter, I remember thinking this game so cool only to play it and be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I always liked it a lot, despite it being a blatant SF2 ripoff.

[quote name='wiggyx']15 bucks at one of the local shops. Was sorta surprised to find these for so little :D

4AC88906-5447-42F4-8B8E-CCE3CCB0548E-6439-0000038FD2D22BB8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wiggy, what Genesis game is that in the upper left hand corner (by Taito)?

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wiggy, what Genesis game is that in the upper left hand corner (by Taito)?[/QUOTE]

Looks like Thunder Fox to me.

[quote name='Zaku77']I finally got another collection update to upload! This is the first half of June. I had to split it because June had 73 items totaling a little over $2,000. It was madness! I'll get the second half uploaded this coming week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqek8LUlIhM[/QUOTE]

Place emphasis on Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. I know most people will pick another game in the series, but it is my absolute favorite in the handheld versions of the series.

You randomly gain souls of enemies you kill, so sometimes you must farm for them. The souls grant you abilities of the enemies. I won't spoil anything but in the end you are an unstoppable machine of death and I can play that dang game over again every year.

[quote name='wiggyx']I always liked it a lot, despite it being a blatant SF2 ripoff.[/QUOTE]

The Genesis version is ass, but the SNES version is a fucking awesome game!

I have never done this before but I kind of like this idea.
I enjoy seeing what everyone picks up and have watched many videos in the past too.
I guess I might as well join in.

I am gonna throw in what I have picked up in August along with this month.

August:

Got this for 349.99. Then got Target to adjust the price to 315 when it went on sale. ;)
COD.jpg

Got these on the cheap from a friend of mine. I paid 10 bucks.
Movies.jpg

I have a weakness for New controllers. The one on the right has never been used. The one on the left has but the guy at the yard sale told me to take it after I paid a dollar for the the new one.
NintendoControllers.jpg

Not my favorite by them but the album that made me a fan. Got it for 5 bucks.
BlackKeys.jpg

Retail
D2.jpg

Scored these at a yard sale. 25 dollars a piece and and still can't believe it, I had been searching for a new one for a while. I opened one and am leaving one new.
PS1.jpg

September:

Retail and worth it to me.
Threegames.jpg

Started picking these last month but mostly couldn't tell you which were this month and which were last. (Not pictured is the 360 version of the game that I got as well.)
Skylanders.jpg

Picked up a screen for my new PS1 on ebay. Paid almost the same price as I paid for the two consoles. ROFL
PS1Screen.jpg

Ebay. Mint
FinalFantasy7.jpg

Walmart obviously.
walmart.jpg

[quote name='AugustAPC']The Genesis version is ass, but the SNES version is a fucking awesome game![/QUOTE]

IMO, this is just true of fighting games in the 16-bit era, period ;)

[quote name='Carbonite']Place emphasis on Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. I know most people will pick another game in the series, but it is my absolute favorite in the handheld versions of the series.

You randomly gain souls of enemies you kill, so sometimes you must farm for them. The souls grant you abilities of the enemies. I won't spoil anything but in the end you are an unstoppable machine of death and I can play that dang game over again every year.[/QUOTE]

There's so many handheld ones that my eyes glaze over when I look through them. That is good advice, thanks!

30% off w/fs from GoHastings
65E6D892-60D2-4CAE-B7EE-BC0E0758E397-3098-000001804FBD8376.jpg

Bought admittedly 100% due to nostalgia. I still have my original one I got for Christmas from my parents all those years ago.
1A290D6A-2A3C-4394-BAC6-F41810D17C3E-3098-0000018053FC4DC3.jpg

LOL, for reals. Zip lock baggies and blue twist ties are defintely NOT original packaging, which pretty much means that there's no way on Earth that they're actually new.

[quote name='lmz00']NES controller cords don't come wrapped like that from the factory, so I'm pretty sure it's been used.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't relying on him. The used one you can tell its used.
The one that is new is going off what I know about controllers. Its absolutely flawless, and the buttons are tight. You can just tell. Its definitely new. (If you get what I am saying.)
But technically you can call it used I guess since its loose. When I say I like new controllers I mean playing with them. I go through controllers pretty fast and when I feel its not right anymore I replace them. ;)

I put them in the zip locks btw. The one that is in "New condition" still has the baggy on the controller itself as it would have come out of the box a system was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back