The Official CAG September 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

lRQXENR.jpg
MIhjOWm.jpg
2mlHpnt.jpg
Working at a print shop does have it's benefits. Prints look much better in person. Also got a couple of games I've been waiting to get cheap.

20130918_192858-1.jpg

20130918_192815-1.jpg

20130918_192657-1.jpg

20130918_192628-1.jpg

20130918_192522-1.jpg

Is SecondSpin/FYE Ganestopping some of their sets? Both DBZ sets are factory sealed and that has been happening a lot with FUNi sets.

Also, FUNimation really sucked with their 3-disc Blu-ray sets back in the day.

Thanks man. I think it's just the one that came in San Andreas. It is awesome though. I also love the one from GTAV where the female cop is arresting the female prostitute. So Awesome.
I had that one up for a while. Got the cover of 5 framed and on the wall now.
Also great videos.

My hot date For a Friday night. Boy would I like to do her. I'd like to jump her bones. Homina Homina :joystick:  :baby:

These were gifts for my dad and a friend when I ordered some comic books ( not shown)

Latest Pick Ups for September. 

Enslaved, Call of Juarez, Medal of Honor, and Wolfenstein were from Gamestop's 50% Off Sale. Also renewed my Pro Subscription.

Deathsmiles w/ Soundtrack was from Ebay. Arcana Heart 3 was from Ebay as well, got it for a great price, about 19ish. 

Greatest American Hero S2 was from Dollar Tree. Also got Ernest goes to Camp from there as well. 

Picked up Deathsmiles again on Ebay. But it was the Limited Edition and complete. 

Last edited by a moderator:
20130921_191033-1.jpg

20130921_190636-1.jpg

20130921_190359-1.jpg

20130921_190320-1.jpg

20130921_190214-1.jpg

Avatar, DKR, and DBZ Budokai was $50 all together. I didn't actually order the SEED Movie 3 LE, but that got shipped instead of SEED Destiny Part 1.

Gamestop:

Warioware ($13.49)

De Blob ($2.24)

Enslaved ($4.49)

Lost in Blue ($3.49) used $3 coupon

Wonderful 101 & Rayman Legends were retail

Zia Records:

Phoenix Wright ($14.39)

Almost got a Blue and a Red Pokemon X/Y 3DSXL. Saw 8 sitting on the shelf at Target and knowing that they arent suppose to be on sell for 3 more days I figured might as well try for a quick flip. The computer popped up with a message saying not to sale them, so I shrugged my shoulders and paid for my Halloween flavored Jones sodas since its that time of year. 

Hey, remember when I said that I had enough Blu-rays and DVDs?

Yea...

20130924_200341-1.jpg

20130924_200321-1.jpg

20130924_200229-1.jpg

20130924_200152-1.jpg

20130924_200004-1.jpg

20130924_200104-1.jpg

20130924_195907-1.jpg

All of those are from Suncoast. With their 40% off sale + Backstage Pass + 5% coupon, I ended up paying $235 for all of that. Kamichu was the most expensive at $26.

And because I haven't spent enough money, I stopped into MovieStop and got these:

20130924_195727-1.jpg

20130924_195824-1.jpg

20130924_195757-1.jpg

Digimon and Total Recall were free. Torchwood was $6.

Quoted for hypocrisy.

I'm not keeping it sealed to collect though. A sealed game to me is something useless.

The only reason why its been sealed the whole time is when I bought it from a member of the community it already inflated in price yet I paid retail MSRP.

Wasn't going to depreciate the value just to play the game.. I got the vanilla version so I can now sell the limited edition.

Like I said I can't do squat with a sealed game but look at the box art and appreciate its value. Sounds dumb to me.

Its like the Ni- no Kuni collectors edition. Thing was selling for $350 in the first week of release when it retailed for like $120.

Whether or not you want to play the game the smart move IMO is to get the profit and laugh to the bank. A nickel and dime profit.

Even my friend who got a copy did the wise thing and he pieced out a few pieces from it and made almost all his money back on it and kept the plush and the book which is all he really cared about. I think he said the DLC sold for like $70 bucks alone.

IMO you take that money and run with it if you're smart. Not redeem it. Unless you want it that bad.

Nickel and dime profit though.

I bought it for $60 bucks. I can probably sell it for around $150 ish I estimate give or take. IMO that does me more then staring at a useless sealed game that you can't do anything with.

Personally I don't mind people who collect sealed games. I think its dumb in theory but I couldn't do what I do without the demand for them.

Ive only flipped one game before lol I never even had a ebay account ever. I don't know many flippers without one.

Nice find on Rule of Rose. Been trying to score one of those forever.
Yeah, same here. There are 0 near me via in-store lookup and I'm in Chicago. I put my old zip from Tempe in, from when I was going to school in Arizona and found a copy. I set it for in-store pick up and had somebody I know out there pick it up for me and mail it. Say what you will about GS, but I wish they stocked games for all consoles because of how much easier it would be to find shit if everything was searchable via in-store lookup.

I'm not keeping it sealed to collect though. A sealed game to me is something useless.

The only reason why its been sealed the whole time is when I bought it from a member of the community it already inflated in price yet I paid retail MSRP.

Wasn't going to depreciate the value just to play the game.. I got the vanilla version so I can now sell the limited edition.

Like I said I can't do squat with a sealed game but look at the box art and appreciate its value. Sounds dumb to me.

Its like the Ni- no Kuni collectors edition. Thing was selling for $350 in the first week of release when it retailed for like $120.

Whether or not you want to play the game the smart move IMO is to get the profit and laugh to the bank. A nickel and dime profit.

Even my friend who got a copy did the wise thing and he pieced out a few pieces from it and made almost all his money back on it and kept the plush and the book which is all he really cared about. I think he said the DLC sold for like $70 bucks alone.

IMO you take that money and run with it if you're smart. Not redeem it. Unless you want it that bad.

Nickel and dime profit though.

I bought it for $60 bucks. I can probably sell it for around $150 ish I estimate give or take. IMO that does me more then staring at a useless sealed game that you can't do anything with.

Personally I don't mind people who collect sealed games. I think its dumb in theory but I couldn't do what I do without the demand for them.
While I don't agree with many of the things you went on to say, I am 100% in agreement with the sealed games segment. I've always thought that collecting sealed things is idiotic. If you collect with the final goal of selling someday, then collecting sealed items is obviously a great idea. I will never sell my things, though. With that in mind, the only person who doesn't get to enjoy them when they're sealed is me, and buying things to keep myself from enjoying them (or even seeing 50%+ of them) just seems like a form of insanity. For those of us that won't be selling, mint is where it's at.

This month I picked up:

GTA 5 SE (360)

LBP Vita

Dragon Crown (ps3)

Muramasa Rebirth

Ducktales Remastered (PS3 retail copy)

2pz0mbm.jpg

Just ordered that Muramasa from amazon lighting deal the other day, I love prime :)

I have been buying very little lately (huge change from last year), but I finally got some stuff this month. The first picture needs a bit of an explanation...

201309pickups.jpg

The DVDs were all won at my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. My cousin (their daughter) had a bunch of trivia games with various romance/wedding/parenting-themed movies as prizes. I first won a game about whether or not they would have the same answers for various questions, so I picked out The Princess Bride. I personally can't stand the movie, but I know my wife likes it. She then won a game and picked out the Steve Martin movies. And apparently I know a lot more about 1963 (the year they got married) than I thought because I was the only person to correctly answer all of the questions for the last game. Sadly, the only movie left was Love's Everlasting Courage. I guess it's some cheesy Christian romance movie from Hallmark Channel, so that's going to my mother-in-law. Shortly after returning home, Bioshock Infinite came in the mail. Thanks to a gift card I got for taking surveys, it was free.

Thrift store finds:
201309pickups2.jpg

201309pickups3.jpg

The Krups food slicer was $6.99, the VHS was 79 cents, and the Leapster 2 was $14.99. Ever since killing his mother's Lumia 920, my son has been wanting a way to play games, so he's having a grand time with the Leapster. Now I just need to get some cheap cartridges for it because I think he's getting tired of playing the same tangram game over and over.

My wife went into town and ended up buying all of these for $4 or $5 each:
201309pickups4.jpg

I'm seriously stoked about Fern Gully and The Last Unicorn.

Finally, I got the following haul for $40:
201309pickups5.jpg

Clear smoke gray N64 complete with box, packaging materials, manuals, matching controller, and cords
MadCatz controller
Yobo controller
Official expansion pack
Performance TremorPack and memory pack
Scooby Doo: Classic Creep Capers (with manual), Donkey Kong 64, NBA Courtside, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, and Xena: Warrior Princess (with box and manual)
Polaroid AGM-0150 15-In-1 Gaming Device (with manual)

If you're interested, you can get more details about my purchase here. All in all, I think I've done pretty well this month and this isn't even counting the 20 or so XBLA and Steam games I got for free.

Yeah, same here. There are 0 near me via in-store lookup and I'm in Chicago. I put my old zip from Tempe in, from when I was going to school in Arizona and found a copy. I set it for in-store pick up and had somebody I know out there pick it up for me and mail it. Say what you will about GS, but I wish they stocked games for all consoles because of how much easier it would be to find shit if everything was searchable via in-store lookup.
Do you mind saying which Gamestop that was in AZ / Tempe? I thought all the GS around here tossed their PS2 cases long ago (well before they stopped taking PS2 games in for trade). Maybe this was just an isolated case of the GS employee knowing the value of Rule of Rose and keeping the case, but either way I'm curious.

Do you mind saying which Gamestop that was in AZ / Tempe? I thought all the GS around here tossed their PS2 cases long ago (well before they stopped taking PS2 games in for trade). Maybe this was just an isolated case of the GS employee knowing the value of Rule of Rose and keeping the case, but either way I'm curious.
TBH I can't remember...I got it back in mid July and hadnt gotten around to posting it as a pick up until now. I do know it was in Phoenix though, not Tempe. (I lived in Tempe, but the loop makes everything seem close. My friend had no problem picking it up for me). She did say though that when she was picking it up, the clerk at first tried not to sell it even though I had it for in store pick up. She said he told her that it was being sent to another location (I assumed this was either the website or a specific store in the district that was gettin the remaining ps2 lot), and she said that the clerk actually brought a cardboard box of ps2 games from the back out, cut it open, and had to dig it out in order to sell it.

TBH I can't remember...I got it back in mid July and hadnt gotten around to posting it as a pick up until now. I do know it was in Phoenix though, not Tempe. (I lived in Tempe, but the loop makes everything seem close. My friend had no problem picking it up for me). She did say though that when she was picking it up, the clerk at first tried not to sell it even though I had it for in store pick up. She said he told her that it was being sent to another location (I assumed this was either the website or a specific store in the district that was gettin the remaining ps2 lot), and she said that the clerk actually brought a cardboard box of ps2 games from the back out, cut it open, and had to dig it out in order to sell it.
Thanks for the response, I figured it had to be somewhere in Central / West Phoenix, since I stop by most of the ones in the East Valley. More than likely a moot point now since that was back in July, but I appreciate the reply.

Got my copy of Bioshock Infinite in the mail tonight. Couldn't resist looking at it when I noticed the reversible box art. Pretty sure I'll leave it this way on the shelf:

BA9DAB66-7572-463D-93AB-13700A9490B9-183-00000006A09C3846_zps64e72923.jpg

Got my copy of Bioshock Infinite in the mail tonight. Couldn't resist looking at it when I noticed the reversible box art. Pretty sure I'll leave it this way on the shelf:
The only thing that bothers me about the alt art is that it looks bad on the green 360 cases. If I ever decide to display mine like that, I'll probably swap the 360 case for a clear one. Otherwise it looks awesome.

Realm Reborn CE unboxing. I also show off the French steelbook. I ended up getting this through a rather interesting series of events--involving this website, no less. So this unboxing comes with a story time! haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TigZiycTRTk

I got an Atari Telle games (heavy six er) I may be wrong with that. With 12 games. Pac man, Ms Pac Man, fishing, freeway, bowling, target fun, breakout, astroids, space invaders, missile command, Defender and tennis. All for some old CB car mics.

Just waiting to hopefully trade it for something else, Not a huge atari fan.

bread's done
Back