The official CAG video game ringtone topic

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
So with all the ringtone topics popping up, I figure that we can use this one thread for posting and requesting ringtones.

Verizon users: To get ringtones on your phone for free, send an email to [email protected] and it will come across your phone as a picture message. From there, you can save it as a ringtone.

Metal Gear Solid "Codec" ringtone courtesy of Pancake Rabbit
Metal Gear Solid "!" sound
[url=http://www.wikiupload.com/file_store/upload_1/122500247445aac6ae0d479.wav]Snatcher Ringtone[/URL]

Any requests? Post 'em here! I'll update this main post periodically with new ringtones.

I have a T-Mobile Side-Kick and you can't program ringtones :(

They do have a small selection of gaming ringtones that you can DL off their 'shop' though...

I'm using the Tekken 2 one. :)

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Is it wrong to hate anyone who pays money for a fucking ringtone?[/quote]

No, and whoever says yes is guilty.

I've been trying to get ringtones onto my phone (Motorola L6 w/Cingular) since I got it a few weeks ago, but haven't had much luck. I didn't get the CD with the software and I'm not paying $30 for that. I know someone posted in one of the other threads about googling Mobile Phone Tools 3.23, I think it was, and all I found were dead torrents. Does anybody know if there are any other programs that'll do the same thing that I can actually get?

Only ringtone I ever wanted was the MGS one, but my phone sucks ass and it will never happen...
[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Is it wrong to hate anyone who pays money for a fucking ringtone?[/quote] Whats more badass than having the some Amber by 311 play when Amber is actually calling you?

I just got a RAZR3 and I have a free month of internet, but I wanna get some video game ringtones, or message notifications, like when someone texts me, I want that LOZ (omg I found something cool) tone.

How the hell can I do that?

Scorch you RULE!!!

I have Verizon w/ the Chocolate phone and I just made the 'Codec' my ringtone. It took all of 2 minutes to do.

So um yeah... some requests.

- The Final Fantasy 'We just won the battle' jingle

- The Zelda 'I just found something cool' jingle

and whatever else you would like to post here would be much appreciated. These MGS ones are awesome! :D

I'm on Alltel with a Samsung u520, and I still haven't figured out a way to set sounds I download onto my phone as ring tones, short of holding the phone up to a speaker and recording.

This is so great!!!

I went to vgmusic.com, they have eeeeeverything. Now I have ringtones of:

- Zelda secret found.
- Zelda whistle
- FF Prelude
- FF Battle Victory
- Pro Wrestling theme
- Metroid main theme
- Dig Dug
- Bubble Bobble
- Contra stage over

The funny part is these arent totally free for me. I dont have a text/pic plan, and since my phone receives the email as a pic message, they cost me .25c each. But that is sooo worth it.

Sweet. I got a mobile phone tools version to work, v. 4 works for my L6. I got the codec wav, but I can't download the ! ringtone. It just opens up the song in a new window and I can't download it from there. Any help on that?

Thanks OP and the others that have helped.

[quote name='Scorch']So with all the ringtone topics popping up, I figure that we can use this one thread for posting and requesting ringtones.

Verizon users: To get ringtones on your phone for free, send an email to [email protected] and it will come across your phone as a picture message. From there, you can save it as a ringtone.
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I'm gonna have to try that out. I've always wanted to geek out and have the communicator sound from Star Trek TOS as my ring tone. I'm sure that will last about a week...

[quote name='Scorch']I'll upload more ringtones soon, probably in a huge pack of files.. but FYI, the "[email protected]" also works for pictures in case there's something you've wanted as a background[/QUOTE]

Would this site work for a Cingular use? I could always Bluetooth it to me phone, but I'd need to borrow a USB Bluetooth dongle from a friend, so it's kind of a hassle.

I have the Samsung slider (D807) and I bought the data cable on ebay for cheap, you can download the software from their site and you're good to go. You can use any mp3 file (as long as it's short enough and at a low enough compression rate) I'm using Saria's Song as my ringtone from my girl and the Super Mario invincibility song as my regular. You can edit any songs that are too long using Audacity since it's free software.

[quote name='Redeema']I have the Samsung slider (D807) and I bought the data cable on ebay for cheap, you can download the software from their site and you're good to go. You can use any mp3 file (as long as it's short enough and at a low enough compression rate) I'm using Saria's Song as my ringtone from my girl and the Super Mario invincibility song as my regular. You can edit any songs that are too long using Audacity since it's free software.[/QUOTE]

haha I had Saria's Song on my Nokia for any family calls. I use to have Chun-Li's theme, Mortal Kombat theme, and several other Zelda themes.. Now I have a RAZR (even though I dislike those them) playing A Great Success (yeah ... copy cat from FF7).

[quote name='SinnerChrno']Ugh, I have a V3m and from what I've read it's needlessly complicated. -__-

Thread

Any thoughts/advice? o_o[/QUOTE]

... that sounds like too much work...

I don't think a V3 and V3m is too off.. so what I use is the person's STEP 3 and 4.

If you want to get your own real music ringtone use this program: Ringtone Factory

Easy to use and it doesn't ever expire.. at least not to my knowledge.

Using STEP 3, you download the Motorola Phone Tools:
http://motorola.handango.com for that handsome fee of $30.

USING STEP4, For the USB connection.. if you have a ZEN the USB connecter has the same shape for the RAZR.. so there's your connection.

Or just go to 3gforfree.com and download some REALLY gay tones. Kind of like the one I have now, which is Ken's theme song from Street Fighter II..

bah , I found the answer to my issue, and it wasn't pleasant. Verizon apparantly disabled the function to used downloaded songs on the LG VX5200 model, which unfortnately is the one I have :(

Thanks Scorch, it worked on my VZ Krzr

Now I gotta find some game sound bits like Mario grabbing a mushroom to use for whenever I get text and/or voicemessages.

Anyone know how to get ringtones for Sprint customers? I'm tired of the gay ones on my phone and don't wanna pay to get from the Sprint store.

For Cingular Users:

Check out myxertones.com

It's free and you can upload your own files and it will send the download to you in a text message. I don't have bluetooth, so that's how I'm getting mine. I tested it with the 'codec' ring and it worked fine.

EDIT - I think it works for all carriers.

Too bad my phone doesn't work with the aforementioned e-mailing methods. It's a Motorola something or other and I'm on Verizon. It just plain doesn't work, realtones or midis.

[quote name='PapiChullo']For Cingular Users:

Check out myxertones.com

It's free and you can upload your own files and it will send the download to you in a text message. I don't have bluetooth, so that's how I'm getting mine. I tested it with the 'codec' ring and it worked fine.

EDIT - I think it works for all carriers.[/quote]

Awesome. They don't spam your phone with text messages, right?

[quote name='yukine']Awesome. They don't spam your phone with text messages, right?[/QUOTE]
Nope. At least, I haven't gotten any. They may spam email, but I don't know, I just gave a junk account.

I guess I didn't reply back, myxertones.com works great. I've been using the ghost ship theme from Monkey Island as a ringtone.

I might have to do this. My old N-Gage QD used mp3 ringtones but My new samsung (The black slider one with the silver trim.. some weird code name) hasn't had that. The speaker is so quiet when ringing that I bought Pantera-Cemetery Gates just so it would be loud enough. It still regularly scares the shit out of me.

bread's done
Back