The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='jaysapathy']Let me be the first to offer you 0.75 a piece for your 20 SegaCD games, totalling $15 plus $5 to ship. $20 altogether, for those who can't do math. :lol:[/quote]

Haha, seriously, people. ;)

Although if you do want some SegaCD stuff, I'm pretty sure I've got some extras now...I know I have spares of Jurassic Park and Cliffhanger, at least.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Aren't you the one who was bragging about doing a whole lot of legwork over six months just to get a GameCube and a bunch of crappy games? :lol:

I paid about $0.75 for game, and that doesn't even take the 12+ consoles into account. A sealed Final Fantasy Mystic Quest averages at about $175-200, and Neo Geo carts (there were six of them) range in price from $25-60 apiece.

If I flip these seven pieces alone, on the lower end, thats $300, putting my net expenditure down to $200...and being conservative, the three NESes, three Genesises, Super NES, and two Dreamcasts could easily cover it.

Leaving me with 300 NES games, 50 Sega Games, 30 SNES games, 20 Sega CD games, a huge box of Atari stuff with about 200 games, Super Scope, 3DO, TurboGrafx16, Atari Lynx, Magnavox Oddysee, and all the other odds and ends I picked up well in the clear.[/quote]

Again how is it any different what we did? If I'm lame, then the same is true for you as well. It's suddenly no longer lame just because you did it.

I fail because you can't read? Let me rephrase:

Again, how is what we did any different?
Again, what is the difference between what we did?

You went and bought a massive collection of old stuff for $500. I went and traded something I got free for a Gamecube collection and almost $200. You actually paid to obtain that stuff to then flip it. I didn't. Somehow it's not registering how I did more "leg work" than you did.

All I can say is that you shouldn't get offended when someone doesn't think you got that great of a deal especially since you're eager to spread your dismay and turned-up-nose attitude to others' deals. It really shouldn't even have come back to my deal but I guess you felt the need to defend yourself because somebody decided to not worship the garage sale king LOL?

[quote name='davo1224']I fail because you can't read? Let me rephrase:

Again, how is what we did any different?
Again, what is the difference between what we did?

You went and bought a massive collection of old stuff for $500. I went and traded something I got free for a Gamecube collection and almost $200. You actually paid to obtain that stuff to then flip it. I didn't. Somehow it's not registering how I did more "leg work" than you did.

All I can say is that you shouldn't get offended when someone doesn't think you got that great of a deal especially since you're eager to spread your dismay and turned-up-nose attitude to others' deals. It really shouldn't even have come back to my deal but I guess you felt the need to defend yourself because somebody decided to not worship the garage sale king LOL?[/quote]

No, you just act like an asshole and you're 14. Get over it.

[quote name='whitedeath']this is better then any video game find this guy is a one in a million treasure :roll:

http://scranton.craigslist.org/m4w/480145445.html

i peed my pants laughing so hard @ this tool[/quote]

LOL Again, quit laughing at my ads. I'm not lonely, I'm just misunderstood. LMAO

Seriously though, that ad is all sorts of hilarious, though ummmm I hope the person who posted it wasn't actually serious when they wrote it.

Not sure whether to put this in the Offical Craigslist Finds thread or the Yet More Craigslist Stupidity, or even a separate thread. Probably the second. Sorry I can't post a link, my work blocks Craigslist. If you go to the Nashville Craigslist and do a search under the keyword "Nintendo" it will come up with the title listed above. Maybe someone can post it. If not, I will post it tonight after work. It does look like this person has an assload of stuff (very old to relatively new), but $8000 is pretty steep.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/490648501.html

BEST XBOX 360 DEAL EVER... ok a little exaggerated but close to.

NEW Falcon 360 holiday bundle with Wireless adapter and Skate For 300$ cash!!!

Can't beat that

Just finally picked up my first ever 360 from craigslist 2 days ago.
It sounded like such a good deal that i couldn't pass it up, and as it turned out it got Even better after i bought it.

____________________________________________________________--
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/494461284.html

"I've got a month old, mint condition XBox 360 for sale. It comes with one wireless controller, a 20 GB hard drive + a wireless adapter to play on Xbox live + the game Skate. Perfect condition. All of this values at over $500. Shoot me an email if you're interested"

All that for 300$
So i meet up with the guy at a public spot, seem like a cool older fellow.
had everything in box and perfect.
I quickly check the system's warranty sticker, which was indeed still intact.
He even gave me the receipt for it from best buys dated 10/29/07. I asked him why didn't he just return it to the store.
He said that he just wanted to "help" someone out.
The little "somethings fishy" voice ran through my head but i decided it was worth the gamble.

Got home the system works flawlessly and everything looked 100% new, doesn't look used in the slightest.

Now the best Absolutely Best part about this all was that i just read up on the xbox forums and site to catch up on what's been going on with the 360.
then i just found out about falcons and zephyrs.
i was like "Damn!" i seriously doubt that i had manage to get a falcon used.
So i checked lot#,date, and team, it looked all good.
But then i saw that i had a 203W power brick.
"DAMN!"
But it wasn't over yet i, i did the flashlight check and behold 2 flat inductors an a big ass shiny heatsink with no copper pipe.
I've been playing halo nonstop for 7 hours horizontally, the top was ice cold, the back vent was barely warm, and the bottom laying on my desk was warm ... barely close to hot.
Drive is a BenQ and it's super silent.

TEAM: FDOU
LOT: 738
Mfr.Date: 9-19-07
203W On Box and Brick

So i manage to get the best possible 360 version, 1 month old mint for wayyy less than retail without even trying lol.

Im so glad that i held out this long without the 360 because of this find.

now i just gotta sell the 3 games and wireless adapter on ebay to make back 100-130$.

The halo 3 is from when i bought it back at launch, everything else is from the listing.

great find no?

well i got an amazing deal on my xbox 360..

I ended up getting a xbox 360 pro with 2 wireless controlers, 2 racing wheels with pedels, nascar 08, call of duty 4, dead rising, saint's row, mortal kombat and halo 3

all for the low low low price of $350.

I guess the guy was leaving (hawaii) and had to just sell it quick before he left.

I'm happy...

I also got a wii from the hawaii craigslist for $220 in November.
It came with 2 controllers with the nunchucks, 1 classic controller, about 6 great games downloaded on vc, zelda.

I thought it was pretty good because at the time everyone was going crazy with wii madness and buying systems for $300+ on ebay and other craigslist postings..

The best deal I got on craigslist was a Sega CD with some disc only games for $30 shipped. I liked it because it had the metal connectors and stuff. On craigslist I got a Saturn with a 3D Controller and VF2 disc only for $25 (I was just happy to find one) and I got Legend of Mana complete $15 - it had two small letters written in sharpie on the disc though. I would think my SCD deal was pretty and the other two decent (its nice being able to see what you buy vs buying online).

Two Dreamcasts with two controllers, 1 VMU, and 1 powercord (missing AV hookups or anything like that) for $20.00. Not bad for my first CAG-inspired deal!

Oh yeah, and it came with the Web browser (big whoop), and 3 sports games (another big whoop... :( but that's what ebay's for, right?

Picked up a 60gb PS3 last month complete with retail box and receipt. System was unplayed and in MINT condition. Guy said he got it as a gift, but only played PS2 games so didn't need the PS3. Got it for $300 cash. I even got to demo it ahead of time!

the only item i've purchased on there was a pretty good deal, a $280 cell phone for 75, it was in near new condition, so it worked out, also found some sport mirrors for my truck for only $20 which is incredibly good, probably gonna get those.

I've been scaling back my craigslist scores, but just this morning I met up with a guy selling 'original transformers and other robots, voltron etc.' He didn't know the names of most of them, and he didn't have set prices so I figured I'd meet up and just see what he has and hopefully get a good score.

So we meet up and he pulls out this huge plastic tub full of robots. None of them had boxes, tech specs etc. but he did have instructions for a few of the Insecticons and Autobot cars. So when I say complete, I mean they have all their accessories. Notables:

Voltron 1 (cars) - looks like the Matchbox version.

Transformers
Omega Supreme, complete and pretty much mint (no tech spec, box, instructions though)
Optimus Prime, complete
Megatron, complete
Inferno, probably complete
Knockoff Grimlock, probably complete
Thundercracker, probably complete
Ironhide, probably complete
Red Alert, probably complete,
Trailblazer (or was it Trailbreaker), probably complete
Wheeljack, probably complete
A few more of the mid sized cars (but no Hound, damn it! I think he's the only one I'm missing), and some of the small Bumblebee size ones
Combaticons, looked to be complete
2 regular Insecticons and 2 Deluxe Insecticons
Astrotrain
A couple of knockoff Dinobots

Gobots - a bunch of them, at least 10.

And a few very nice surprises...

A diecast Mazinger that I already have, don't know the specs, looks complete
Another 70's/80's diecast Japanese robot that I can't recall the name, have it already but I know it's worth a decent coin. Looks complete
The Train robot from Japan, large size
Mid Size Train robot from Japan

Probably a few others I can't recall at the moment.

So I ask him how much he wants for the whole thing, since they're loose and played with and some may be broken etc. and he doesn't know and understands that they're not worth as much since they're played with and don't have boxes etc. and asks me to throw out a price. But he tells me he also has the Lion Voltron, and goes to get it. This is the real score. Turns out to be the Bandai GoLion Japanese release, COMPLETE (I MEAN EVERY SINGLE ACCESSORY, MISSILES STILL IN CONTAINER AND ON THEIR PLASTIC TAB) IN STYROFOAM, WITH INNER LID AND OUTER BOX.

I offered him $100 for everything and he said how about $150, I said I only have $100, take it or leave it.

So I scored them all. I'm going to try to take pics tonight, and one of these days I will have to sit down and sort all my robots and sell my extras, but this was a huge score for me. I know that Voltron alone could sell for hundreds, not to mention the value of the Omega Supreme, Megatron, Optimus and some of the others especially the obscure/rare Japanese robots.

[quote name='karkyco']I've been scaling back my craigslist scores, but just this morning I met up with a guy selling 'original transformers and other robots, voltron etc.' He didn't know the names of most of them, and he didn't have set prices so I figured I'd meet up and just see what he has and hopefully get a good score.

So we meet up and he pulls out this huge plastic tub full of robots. None of them had boxes, tech specs etc. but he did have instructions for a few of the Insecticons and Autobot cars. So when I say complete, I mean they have all their accessories. Notables:

Transformers
Omega Supreme, complete and pretty much mint (no tech spec, box, instructions though)
Optimus Prime, complete
Megatron, complete
A few more of the mid sized cars (but no Hound, damn it! I think he's the only one I'm missing), and some of the small Bumblebee size ones
Astrotrain

Another 70's/80's diecast Japanese robot that I can't recall the name, have it already but I know it's worth a decent coin. Looks complete

So I ask him how much he wants for the whole thing, since they're loose and played with and some may be broken etc. and he doesn't know and understands that they're not worth as much since they're played with and don't have boxes etc. and asks me to throw out a price. But he tells me he also has the Lion Voltron, and goes to get it. This is the real score. Turns out to be the Bandai GoLion Japanese release, COMPLETE (I MEAN EVERY SINGLE ACCESSORY, MISSILES STILL IN CONTAINER AND ON THEIR PLASTIC TAB) IN STYROFOAM, WITH INNER LID AND OUTER BOX.

I offered him $100 for everything and he said how about $150, I said I only have $100, take it or leave it.

So I scored them all. I'm going to try to take pics tonight, and one of these days I will have to sit down and sort all my robots and sell my extras, but this was a huge score for me. I know that Voltron alone could sell for hundreds, not to mention the value of the Omega Supreme, Megatron, Optimus and some of the others especially the obscure/rare Japanese robots.[/quote]

NICE SCORE!!!!

So far the best deal I've gotten has been an Iron Cobra double bass pedal for about $150, mint, complete with hard carrying case and drum key and such. Haven't really tried to buy much else off Craigslist lately, though.

[quote name='karkyco']I've been scaling back my craigslist scores, but just this morning I met up with a guy selling 'original transformers and other robots, voltron etc.' He didn't know the names of most of them, and he didn't have set prices so I figured I'd meet up and just see what he has and hopefully get a good score.

Transformers
Optimus Prime, complete
Megatron, complete
Astrotrain

So I scored them all. I'm going to try to take pics tonight, and one of these days I will have to sit down and sort all my robots and sell my extras, but this was a huge score for me. I know that Voltron alone could sell for hundreds, not to mention the value of the Omega Supreme, Megatron, Optimus and some of the others especially the obscure/rare Japanese robots.[/quote]

good haul i am definetly jealous :)

Transformers
Optimus Prime, complete
Megatron, complete
Astrotrain

Please take pics! I am super jealous. THat's freaking awesome dude.

Thanks guys. I used to just keep checking CL every couple hours or so during work, at least the games and toys section, so I could swoop on stuff because there's a LOT of competition in LA.

I've missed out on some crazy freebie listings like old NES and video games, free!!! Also missed out on cheap game and toy listings, but I've gotten some good scores too.

I went down to the car at lunch to take another look at them, and found Sideswipe which I didn't see before. Tragically, no Jazz/Meister. One of the Insecticons is Bombshell, the Deluxe ones are Ransack and the grasshopper.

I wish I knew what the trains were...one is large and brown and grey, and transforms, the other is the green topped one (I already have one) that doesn't transform.

Also some more strange Japanese robots, perhaps part of the Microman line. There were a couple of Micromen in there as well, so maybe they went with it. I will have to investigate.

The GoLion (Voltron 3) is just beautiful. The outer box is a bit beat up, maybe a 7.5 to 8/10, but still. The joints on all the lions is stiff, with only a little bit of chrome wear on Black Lion. This crown jewel is going to go with the rest of my boxed Godaikin/Bandai collection (currently have a boxed Voltes V, Daltanius, and I think the guy's name is Sun Vulcan). I have a bunch more without the boxes, tragically. And another GoLion (the original knockoff, called LionBot) pretty much complete, with a bit beat up styrofoam and inner cover but no outer cover. Will probably add that to my for sale list.

Picked up a nice haul after class...

I ended up with:

Super Nintendo
4 sports games
Mario Paint
Clue
Super Scope Six with Receiver(!)

Sega 32x CiB (practically new; everything still had its plastic - !!!)

And the crown jewel...

Nintendo 64 (GOLD EDITION) !!!!
Donkey Kong 64
Chameleon Twist 2
Extreme G
Fighter's Destiny
Goldeneye 007
Wayne Gretzky 3d Hockey

That N64 is uber-rare; averages $110+ online. Snapped everything up for $50!

Only caveat is that there is some marker on the system and one of the controllers, and Magic Erasers aren't exactly friendly to the gold finish. =/

SB002.jpg

$25 from Craigslist.

[quote name='Porksta']
SB002.jpg

$25 from Craigslist.[/quote]

And with that, I officially hate you. I would kill someone for a complete Steel Battalion.

Awesome find.

Zelda 2 - $15
Wizards and Warriors - $8
Shadowgate - $5
Pac Man - $10
Super Mario Bros. - $8
Dr. Mario - $10
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt - $5
Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2 - $8
Rad Racer - $5
Dragon Warrior - $5
Are any of these games owrth picking up at those prices? They are NES games BTW
It also says that it's the Namco version of pac man

[quote name='Fatso2027']Zelda 2 - $15
Wizards and Warriors - $8
Shadowgate - $5
Pac Man - $10
Super Mario Bros. - $8
Dr. Mario - $10
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt - $5
Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2 - $8
Rad Racer - $5
Dragon Warrior - $5
Are any of these games worth picking up at those prices? They are NES games BTW
It also says that it's the Namco version of pac man[/QUOTE]

Every single one of those is overpriced, you could find any of those games cheaper shipped individually on eBay easily.

01010701151101020120080426ef319e3466ef7b585c008540.jpg

for $50

and about 3 weeks ago picked up a $247.53 Gamestop giftcard for $180 which I bought a Wii with for only $2.47 more. The Wii is still in my closet unopened. I'm debating whether to sell it or not for profit =D.

Also should I pick up an Xbox + 15 games + 2 controllers for $50? Is that a good deal? (The games are non-sports but mostly cheap ones like Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Halo 2, Mortal Kombat, etc..)

Recent CL finds -

Call of Duty 4 360 - $30 (Complete, totally mint)

N64 with two controllers, Mario Kart 64, and Nascar 99 - $30 (Might have been a bit more than I wanted to pay, but MK 64 is like $15 for the cart only on Ebay anyways).

And I just grabbed all of these for $20 a few minutes ago -

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Jet Force Gemini
Donkey Kong 64
Killer Instinct Gold
Turok 1
Turok 2

I think I did fairly good on the N64 bundle... KI gold was colored in with a pen all over the cart and label... I got most of it off the label, however where the ink sank in it took a tiny bit of the label off so it looks faded. However, it looks MUCH better than everything colored in with dark ink spots... at least you can see the Nintendo logo, the seal of approval, the ESRB box, etc.

I got the ink off the rest of the cart except in the crevasses... it looks totally different now. The other carts just need a good cleaning and they will look good as new. Oddly, Majora's Mask is in excellent condition, and doesn't need cleaning at all!

But I'm happy with the deal, it comes out to $3.33 a cart, which is so much cheaper than the VC, and I can resell what I don't like.

Indigo Gamecube with controller, AV cable, and power cable.
Resident Evil 0
REMake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4

$50

[quote name='edavis0780']Indigo Gamecube with controller, AV cable, and power cable.
Resident Evil 0
REMake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4

$50[/quote]
So good.

[quote name='edavis0780']Indigo Gamecube with controller, AV cable, and power cable.
Resident Evil 0
REMake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4

$50[/QUOTE]

I remember buying the same exact bundle for $180 years ago and turning around selling the games only for $220.....this was when RE was "hot" on the GameCube.

Picked up a Jungle Green N64, + matching controller + Super Mario 64, Super Smash Brothers, and Donkey Kong + hookups (the good ones, like red, white, and yellow cords) for $15.

Not bad. The controller stick is loose and basically I need a new one, but considering Smash alone goes for like $20...the math is on my side.

CL035.jpg

Bunch of Genny/32X games with one Sega Saturn game with a Genny/32X combo. Got off Craigslist for the low price of free. I now have a game to play on my Saturn, and have a set of cords for my 32X!

bread's done
Back