The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='ivanwijaya']What do you guys think aout these for $50. Thanks before.

Parasite eve (greatest hit) Complete, great shape.
Parasite eve 2 (Original Label) Complete, 9/10 grade few finger prints.
Silent Hill (Greatest Hit) Complete, 8/10, Few light scratches that need an angle to see.
Final Fantasy VII (Greatest Hit) Disc 1 has scratching, Disc 2 and 3 and are good. Overall I'd say 5/10.[/quote]

I'd run to get that NOW

Small score just now.

$30 plus Bioshock (which I plan on just buying again at GS during the B2G1 sale) for RE5 360, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney DS, Final Fantasy IV DS, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Justice for All DS, Killzone PS2 and Metal Saga PS2.

I picked up Conker's Bad Fur day sealed with an unused N64 controller, still has the blue wrapper on it. $10.

Although it was a bid odd that the lady (who seemed like a mother) handed me an instruction manual with the game (for conkers bad fur day).. any theorys? I've noticed that it seems factory sealed judging from every other pic on eBay for it, and when I shake it a bit there seems to be an instruction manual in it.. but I don't know why she'd have an extra..

Silent Hill - Black Label Complete $20

Mario Party 3 - Complete in Box $15

Do I take these? I couldn't get either of the guys to budge on the prices but I think they're still decent...

Ok i just bought what i think is an AMAZInG deal off craigslist. 19 Games total all are complete with case and manual and all disc are freakin mint! w/ Halo 3 esentials, he thought he had halo 3 but was mistaken.. o well!

Civilzation revolution
Crackdown
Eternal sonata
Fable
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Grid
Left 4 Dead
Mass Effect
Mirrors Edge
Ninja Gaiden 2
Prince of Persia
Pure
Skate
Splinter Cell DA Two Worlds
Streetfighter IV !!!!!!
Universe at war
Halo1, 2 w/ collectable steel case, and Halo 3 essentials disk. He forgot he sold the Halo 3 game seperate..

Comes out to $6.31 each game!

Bought it all for $120.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I bite on this? Thank you guys
Super Nintendo, A/V cable, power supply, instructions, 2 controllers $30
(This works well, but the main plastic pieces have yellowed.)

Super Multitap (4 player adapter) $15
Super Bomberman $5
Super Mario World w/ instructions $5
Killer Instinct w/ instructions (but in poor shape) $5
NBA Jam w/ instructions $5
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts w/ instructions $5
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse $5

Really jealous of Westbank's haul. What a steal, there are some amazing games on that list.

Picked this up yesterday...$100. Works like a f'n CHARM, and is just beautiful. Feels really great, too.

stick.jpg

I figured, $50 wireless controller + $35 Happ parts + $15 misc = TOTAL WIN

That's a sweet fight stick. The CL seller was asking $250 for that whole lot of games, (basically $20 a game) so i called him and tried to just get Left 4 dead, fable,2 fallout 3, and SF IV for $70.. he didn't bite.... Then he said if someone basically walked up here with $150 he'd let them all go! WIthin 30 mins i was at his house.. then i find out that he really didnt have the Halo 3 game, just the Halo 3 essentials.. and he then says i'll let it go for $120. It was a very good birthday present to myself.

[quote name='craigbezzle']How mint is that FFVII neiname?[/quote]

The discs look like they were used very little. I'd say 8.5/10. Honestly, I can't remember doing a craigslist buy and the person having such a solid collection with no dogs. I didn't cherry pick, this wa all the guy had. He was aware of Suikoden II's value and initially asked $100 just for that but in talking to him he just wanted a fair price for that and everything else gone. when going through he pointed to the 2 Suikoden's, SOTN and Valk. as the rare ones. I probably could have bought FFVII from him for $5 separately the way he was valuing it.

Haha, the funny thing is in the new Game Informer, it has a bunch of really high-value old-school games, and they said a black-label, unopened mint copy of FFVII goes for around $417. I'd say $5 is a steal! :lol:

[quote name='BackIntoVideoGames']Silent Hill - Black Label Complete $20

Mario Party 3 - Complete in Box $15

Do I take these? I couldn't get either of the guys to budge on the prices but I think they're still decent...[/quote]

Only if they're for your personal collection IMHO.

got this for $150. not the cheapest, i know, but i sold my Wii last holiday season, and kinda missed it. the Wii is missing the GC port cover, but i glanced at nintendo's website, and it's only $1, so no worries there. the disc-only GC games are Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Sonic something-or-other 2.

2ndwii.jpg

[quote name='allyourblood']got this for $150. not the cheapest, i know, but i sold my Wii last holiday season, and kinda missed it. the Wii is missing the GC port cover, but i glanced at nintendo's website, and it's only $1, so no worries there. the disc-only GC games are Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Sonic something-or-other 2.

[/quote]

Not a bad find at all. :)

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']Not a bad find at all. :)[/quote]

thanks! the coolest part was that when i first agreed to buy it, the bundle didn't include Super Mario Sunshine or the two GC memory cards (a 251, and a 1019). he just found them before i showed up and threw them in. nice guy.

Got another potential score. 4 Zelda GC games from a bundle with SSBM, 3 controllers, 2 memory cards, and the system for $95. The games are legend of zelda wind waker, ocarina of time, collectors edition, and twilight princess. How much should I offer for each game? I already emailed him and they are all complete and in good condition.

PSP 1001 in box with everything and GTA vice stories for $90. GS wants 120 for one without the box and accesories. Might get it if the guy emails back.

Wow, found the greatest haul today. I see very few games on my local CL so I was so shocked when I saw these for sale: Xenogears, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar 2, Legend of Legaia, and Breath of Fire 4. I'm getting them all for 100! Pretty good deal IMO especially considering their all complete. They also have some other ps1 games for sale, but they did not have them listed. I wont be able to pick them up til Sunday, but man I am excited!

Here's something Im going after..

game cube w/30+ games - $65 (tricities)

Reply to:
Date: 2009-05-04, 2:59PM PDT

nintendo game cube console, a/v input, 2 wired controllers, 1 wireless controler, 30+ games including,
pokemon xd, lego star wars 1 and 2, super mario sunshine,zelda wind waker, tiger woods 03,incredibles, sonic battle 2, super monkey ball, bionlicle,super smash bros. melee,madden 07, sonic mega collection,sponge bob-battle for bikini bottom, lights camera pants and the movie game,tak, dbz budoki, ghost recon,wario world,nba street vol.2,zelda ocarina of time origanal and master games, mario kart double dash, nicktoon unite,mario golf toadstool tour,marvel nemesis, star wars rouge leader 2, rocket power beach bandits, paper mario 1000 yr door, bomberman generations,spiderman movie game,star wars bounty hunter,sonic rider,f-zero gx, luigis mansion,xgra. whole bundle $65 or $1.50 a game.

I figure I should grab the Zeldas, paper mario, mario golf, and super smash bros if anythng

And the "wireless controller" if it's a Wavebird.

I'd buy the whole bundle though, keep some games for my collection and resell the rest.

"Phat" PSP with everything that came in the box + Logitech Playgear Pocket Case, Loco Roco, and a Spongebob Squarepants UMD. Seller says it's in mint condition, hasn't been used much, and has had a screen protector on it since he got it. $99

Do I bite? I've been wanting a PSP for awhile now. I might try to offer $85 and see if he bites.

He doesn't seem to be going for it, and he did already bring it down from $120.

I'm meeting up with him Friday, so depending on the condition, I'm sure I'll bite. I should find out what firmware it has :whistle2:k

it just seems like a better deal is bound to come along soon. i paid $55 for my last PSP, and i thought that was sort of expensive. i mean heck, it's not even the slim model.

This guy on CL in Austin, Texas is selling an NES along with Tetris, TMNT the Arcade Game, Super Mario 3, Punchout, and Excitebike. What sould I offer him?

[quote name='a-martin3z']This guy on CL in Austin, Texas is selling an NES along with Tetris, TMNT the Arcade Game, Super Mario 3, Punchout, and Excitebike. What sould I offer him?[/quote]

$20. Maybe $25.

[quote name='allyourblood']yeah, 20 tops, if you don't own one already.[/quote]

LOL the guy wants $80. I doubt I can get him down to $20. You guys have any tips when dealing round on Craigslist? I've never dealt on Craigslist and don't wanna get screwed.

Generally, meet in public places. There may be times where you have to meet at someone's house (or yours), so take any common sense precautions. I have met with people at coffee houses, malls, etc.

[quote name='a-martin3z']LOL the guy wants $80. I doubt I can get him down to $20. You guys have any tips when dealing round on Craigslist? I've never dealt on Craigslist and don't wanna get screwed.[/quote]

when you say "screwed", do you mean you don't want to end up paying "too much"?

personally, when it comes to CL or any other local buying, i just wait and wait and wait... until the right deal comes along, and then i make a small effort to chip it down a little bit more. patience and persistence is the key -- there are times when you can whittle someone down from 80 to 20 (i've done it), but they're few and far between. with CL, it most often helps to start out trying to buy from someone who has at least a dozen brain cells banging around upstairs. sometimes you get a deal from someone because they're impossibly stupid, but the opposite is much more often the norm.

[quote name='allyourblood']it just seems like a better deal is bound to come along soon. i paid $55 for my last PSP, and i thought that was sort of expensive. i mean heck, it's not even the slim model.[/quote]

What condition was yours in? Most of the used ones I've seen have been beat to shit.

You may be right though. I have a few days to think it over and decide whether or not I really want one.

[quote name='lolwut?']What condition was yours in? Most of the used ones I've seen have been beat... I have a few days to think it over and decide whether or not I really want one.[/quote]

the only thing wrong with the one i bought was that it lacked a power supply (though it had a charge when i bought it, so i knew it worked). a quick trip to dealextreme got me a fakey-phony adapter for around $5, so technically, you could say i paid $60 -- this is also why i was hesitant to pay $55, as i knew i was gonna have to spend a little more to "complete it". looks great, works great. i've had it almost a year now (bought last summer i believe), and it still runs like new. (i have since bought a Sony brand adapter for $3, and an extra Sony brand battery for $3 as well, both bought used, locally.)

i think waiting is a good idea. i guarantee you more PSPs will pop up at this price, so there's no big loss in holding off. i think just playing the odds, you're bound to come across a cheaper deal before too long.

as for beaters, a lot of parts can be found online (like at dealextreme) for incredibly low prices, so you can revive a thrashed/scratched $30-$40 PSP for about 20 bucks, if you're handy. either way, i recommend you wait. they can only get cheaper as time passes.

Picked up a mint Sega CD in box (with all packaging) for $25, was a nice find for me considering what's usually sold on CL.

Also found this on a CL clone..he hasn't responded yet, hopefully he does as I figure that would be a nice pickup.

$50 CAD - NES console, controllers, 15 games (looks like 11 boxed, incld Zelda, SMB2), and a rapidfire joystick.
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8936332

[quote name='lolwut?']What condition was yours in? Most of the used ones I've seen have been beat to shit.

You may be right though. I have a few days to think it over and decide whether or not I really want one.[/quote]

I'm paying $75 for a 2000 model with everything including a couple 1GB memory cards, as well as custom firmware and the Datel thingy. I personally don't think the one you found is that great of a deal.

Alright alright, I get it, not a good deal :lol:

I already told the seller my highest offer and to contact me if no one else takes it.

Got a decent deal I think. I saw the ad had FF7, FF8, and FF Anthology along with the PS2 slim system and a bunch of other decent games. However, he described the Final Fantasies as looking like they "haven't been played", they're in mediocre-decent condition, so I was a bit disappointed. At least it didn't have the sticky/smelly feel of the PS2 games...I'm gonna have to clean them all quite a bit before I resell. The FFs should get me somewhat near what I paid for.

$80 plus a couple DS games (worth $20 altogether).

PS2stuff.jpg

PS2 Slim System w/ hookups
Multitap
2 Controllers (one was a PS1 controller, beat to hell)
FF7
FF8
FF Anthology
Silent Hill 3
Madden 2009
Smackdown 2009
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Red Faction
Warriors
The Sims
Spawn
TNA
MLB The Show 08
Soul Calibur III
Devil May Cry 2
Guitar Hero II (disc only)
God of War (disc only)
Jaws (disc only)
Worms (Ps1)
Cool Boarders (Ps1)
Rise of the Hu Tang (or something)
Madden 2001, 2007, 2008
Smackdown 07, 08

I just got an NES with Contra, Punch Out, 3 sports game (1 doesn't seem to work) $20, probably nothing special but I really wanted one.

I got a 60 GB Creative Zen Vision: M with a wall charger, two USB cords, the install CD, the booklets and a cheap plastic cover for $90.

The only thing bad about it is that there are a lot of small scratches all over the cover and there was this HORRIBLE smell coming from everything. It took a day and a half to get some of the smell away.

Do you think it was a good deal? I don't know...

[quote name='thepik241']I got a 60 GB Creative Zen Vision: M with a wall charger, two USB cords, the install CD, the booklets and a cheap plastic cover for $90.

The only thing bad about it is that there are a lot of small scratches all over the cover and there was this HORRIBLE smell coming from everything. It took a day and a half to get some of the smell away.

Do you think it was a good deal? I don't know...[/quote]

well if it was from the innards of a dead body.... id say no LOL

some fucking jerk was gonna sell me a super nintendo with 12 games for $30 and the fucking asshole just sent me an email. Bastard sold it from under me. After wasting my fucking time with email.

Craigslist can lick my balls.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']some fucking jerk was gonna sell me a super nintendo with 12 games for $30 and the fucking asshole just sent me an email. Bastard sold it from under me. After wasting my fucking time with email.

Craigslist can lick my balls.[/quote]
And life goes on.

Some lady was going to sell me like 15 GBA games (many pokemon) for $15-20. We actually speak on the phone and setup a time 3 hours later where I would go to her house (luckily in my town). I show up and she told me she sold it to someone else. I was pissed and would have yelled at her but he 7 year old was there. I politely told her that a heads up would have been nice and to have a great day.

Later that day I scored a mint DS lite with 4 good games for $45 and a ps1 rpg lot including FF7, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden 1 and 2, Saga Frontier 2 and others for $140, karma...

it's the first time it happened to me in a while, glad the guy responded back and i didn't have to waste a trip either.

there's alot of good honest people and jerks on CL, just gotta find the right person.

Scored Starcraft, WC3, Diablo 2, and some other games.

There were two disks of of SC and WC3 but with no cases :(, well two Starcrafts is better than none

It seems to me somebody just dumped out all the " evil " games..That person is smart ;)

not video game related buy i got a virtually almost new logitech 5500 speaker system for 140. Everything looks brand new still in box and had plastic around cords, etc.

Person said they used it for an hr or so but had no room for the huge subwoofer, etc in his small office

really good score here. i'm going to pick it up tomorrow. for $25, i'm getting

Sony Playstation 1 with 9 games. Playstation includes 2 controllers, 1 extender cord, and cables. Games include: Bust A Groove, Puzzle Fighter II, Chrono Cross, Gauntlet Legends, Wipeout XL, Need for Speed High Stakes, Metal Gear Solid, Dance Dance Revolution, and Cool Boarders 4.

When I emailed her saying I would take it, I asked if there was anything missing or if the games had cases. She said DDR did not have the pad, and one of the games had a generic case. Here's to hoping it's NOT one of those first 3. Either way, I'm happy. I've been looking for Bust a Groove for AGES. I'll post pics after I pick it up tomorrow.

bread's done
Back