The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Picking all of this up on Friday for $25:
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Killer 7
Tales of Symphonia
Pokemon Fire Red Complete
Pokemon Leaf Green (Sealed)

[quote name='karkyco']Picked this bundle up for $100. Much more than I wanted to spend, but considering the condition/completeness and value of the collection, I jumped on it.

Person was advertising a bunch of lamps and household crap for sale, and in the ad noted they were selling a Virtual Boy and games (I search for VirtuaBoy, Virtua Boy, VirtualBoy, and Virtual Boy...that's how I found it).

So I contacted them about it, and they emailed me back saying it was a complete collection, with ALL US release Virtual Boy games:

"I have pics of the box at home, but everything is in like new condition and it comes with every game that was ever made for it.

"Here are pics of 9 of the games, the other 5 are included and complete but I didn't take pics of them. If you want pics of those, I can get them though. (and the ac adapter so you can plug into the wall and avoid buying batteries). I have all of the games, there were 14 games made for North America. Panic bomber is still in the plastic. Everything is in fantastic condition. My friend and I loved Mario Clash. That one got terrible reviews for a Mario, but was just amazingly addictive, if you liked the original Mario Bros."

I offered $60, they wanted $100 at least and were firm about it, so I said fine. Here, I uploaded the pics they emailed me, and will take more of the other games shortly.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a nice insta-collection. :applause:

I had an interesting one today.

Guy listed N64 + some games for $20. My wife asked him would he go lower. Guy said $10 and some moving boxes. My wife told him, you can get moving boxes for free on the free section of CL. Guy says, then the price will be $20.

The guy was too far away to bother to get it even at $10, but I would guess someone will get some free boxes off of CL and then given them to him.

[quote name='karkyco']Picked this bundle up for $100. Much more than I wanted to spend, but considering the condition/completeness and value of the collection, I jumped on it.

Person was advertising a bunch of lamps and household crap for sale, and in the ad noted they were selling a Virtual Boy and games (I search for VirtuaBoy, Virtua Boy, VirtualBoy, and Virtual Boy...that's how I found it).

So I contacted them about it, and they emailed me back saying it was a complete collection, with ALL US release Virtual Boy games:

"I have pics of the box at home, but everything is in like new condition and it comes with every game that was ever made for it.

"Here are pics of 9 of the games, the other 5 are included and complete but I didn't take pics of them. If you want pics of those, I can get them though. (and the ac adapter so you can plug into the wall and avoid buying batteries). I have all of the games, there were 14 games made for North America. Panic bomber is still in the plastic. Everything is in fantastic condition. My friend and I loved Mario Clash. That one got terrible reviews for a Mario, but was just amazingly addictive, if you liked the original Mario Bros."

I offered $60, they wanted $100 at least and were firm about it, so I said fine. Here, I uploaded the pics they emailed me, and will take more of the other games shortly.
[/QUOTE]

WOW! NICE! That is pretty epic there! Man I wish I would find a nice haul of Saturn Games

picked up an original xbox internet wireless adapter for 25 bucks. not a major haul, but been wanting to get rid my ethernet wires across my living room. now i'll have to try it out and make sure it works :)

Thanks...yeah, this is my first VirtualBoy score. I've seen a couple in the wild on craigslist, but always asking too much or gone before I could get them. I can't wait for the brain trauma and migraines to ensue...

I had a pretty decent score last night. I got a Playstation with 4 controllers, a multitap, and 12 games for $20. Got it all for 1 game, a complete Ehrgeiz. Also of note were a complete and mint Worms Armageddon, complete Bushido Blade, and a complete Crash Team Racing.

[/QUOTE]

Sweet Maria.

Did it come with Water World and/or Jack Brothers?

[quote name='smahyt']Was Jack Bros. included?[/QUOTE]

Yep, and Waterworld. I checked the prices on everything before I started negotiating...I figured they probably don't have any idea of the value of their bundle, but that they probably figured the condition and completeness made it worth something, and took a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that Virtual Boy is such a good deal...I've been trying to pick one up, hopefully I can find one like that! I'm picking up this today though for $20...

"007-banjo kazooie-mortal kombat 4-yoshi story-zelda ocarina of time-bio freaks.
4 controllers, 2 memory cards, 2 power cords, 2 jump packs. works good, all games work"

I don't have 007, Banjo Kazooie, Yoshi's Story, or 4 controllers so I figure I'm getting a good deal...plus I can always use another 64.

[quote name='blu_yu_away']Found the following for an asking price of $130 I'm going to try to talk him down to $100. What do you guys think would be a good deal?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Due to personal reason, I have to sell all of my games and movies collection. If you are interested and buy some, it will be a great help for me.

For sale:
* Sony Playstation (not PS2 nor PS3)
* 1 controller
* 1 Game shark
* 12 original games:
* NCAA March Madness 2001
* Final Fantasy VII
* Final Fantasy VIII
* Final Fantasy IX
* Final Fantasy Chronicles
* Wild Arms
* Valkyrie Profile
* Vanguard Bandits
* Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
* Xenogears[/QUOTE]

Valkyrie Profile and Vanguard Bandits in good condition are worth almost $130 together, getting the rest along with those would have been a bargain.

[quote name='phoenix529']^ Does that come with a system?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it came with a system as well. Not too great of a deal, but decent. I've been feeling like I need to play through Banjo and Ocarina lately anyways :)

[quote name='karkyco']Thanks...yeah, this is my first VirtualBoy score. I've seen a couple in the wild on craigslist, but always asking too much or gone before I could get them. I can't wait for the brain trauma and migraines to ensue...[/QUOTE]

It really isn't that bad. I got one when I was younger on clearance at KB (for some reason the only systems I could convince my mom to buy me were the clearance systems at KB... I got my 32X and VB that way). I used to play it for a couple hours straight and never found myself with bloody eyes, brain damage, or aids.

[quote name='Doomstink']It really isn't that bad. I got one when I was younger on clearance at KB (for some reason the only systems I could convince my mom to buy me were the clearance systems at KB... I got my 32X and VB that way). I used to play it for a couple hours straight and never found myself with bloody eyes, brain damage, or aids.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the explosive sonic diarrhea... ;)

LOL, hey, speaking of that bundle. The Panic Bomber is still factory sealed. Doomstink or anyone...do you have any idea as to the value of that?

BTW, I scored a pretty damn good craigslist deal today as well. Damn, the guy took the ad down already...I'm sure he was getting bombarded with emails. I still have the printout and a shitload of games in the car that need cleaning and sorting. Well, 2 deals actually - I picked up a perfect disc, disc only Ico today at a Gamestop on the way home. Going to print out a new insert for the case.

Anyway, back to the main score.

Ad was titled "Retro Game Collection (NOT ROMS) - South Central LA"

LOL, it was DEFINITELY in the ghetto, 80th right off of Avalon. Luckily I checked CL for some keywords at the right time; I emailed the guy within 5 minutes of his posting the ad. He emailed me back fairly quickly and said someone had already emailed wanting to buy it all, so instead of cherry picking at his posted prices, which were ridiculously low, I told him I would pay his asking price for the bundle and be there within a half hour. He was cool with that and gave me the location and his number, and I just flew out of the office. This was definitely one of those deals you just had to pounce on. Here, let me put the details in another post. No way am I typing up the full list of games, it is ridiculously long.

Okay. Guy posted this HUGE list of games, noted that some games have label damage, marker, mostly cart only etc. But his asking prices were ridiculously low...$.50 per NES game unless otherwise noted, Sega Genesis $1 each unless noted, SNES games $2 each unless noted (Bubble Bobble w/ booklet he was asking $1...LOL! Megaman 1-6 $1 each...the most expensive games on his list was EARTHBOUND $4, SECRET OF MANA $4, FF3 $4, Megaman X3 $5, MUSHA $4!!!).

In total, there were 119 Sega Genesis games (all cart only...unfortunately about 8 out of every 10 have label damage:cry:), 39 SNES games (all cart only...but virtually all are in excellent condition just need some cleaning here and there), and 88 NES games (most cart only, about 10 with instruction manuals, Tetris complete...almost all are in excellent condition and just need cleaning at most). Oh and also a Super Gameboy player and an SNES Game Genie so 246 games for his asking price of...$150!!! WOOTS! $.60 a game.

Luckily, virtually all of the rarities/high values and ones I'm going to keep/upgrade for my collection are in fantastic shape - Musha, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, FF3 etc. are all perfect or just need a little cleaning, but have perfect labels. This collection will pay for itself many times over. Hell, the Earthbound cart will net me at least half of what I paid total.

Here are some of the highlights (I'm going to check them all against VGPG to see if there are any other notables later...found a few surprises):

SNES Highlights:

Earthbound
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 3
Super Metroid
Zelda LttP
Y's 3
Castlevania 4
Megaman X3
Megaman Soccer
Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Punch Out!!
Battletoads/Double Dragon
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Donkey Kong Country 2
Earthworm Jim 2
Tetris/Dr. Mario 2 in 1
Game Genie

NES Highlights:

Ninja Gaiden 3
Tecmo Superbowl
Battletoads
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Bubble Bobble with manual
Bionic Commando
Castlevania
Castlevania 2
Megaman 1-6
Mike Tyson's Punchout!!
Kirby's Adventure
Yoshi
Super Mario Bros 1-3
Legend of Zelda
Adventures of Link (x2) with manual
Tiles of Fate

Genesis Highlights:

Musha
Shadowrun
Contra Hard Corps
Double Dragon 3
ThunderForce 3
D&D:Warriors of the Eternal Sun
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Battletoads
Battletoads/Double Dragon
Castle of Illusion
Castlevania Bloodlines
Fatal Fury 1 and 2
Earthworm Jim
Sunset Riders (damaged label :whistle2:()
Ghostbusters (I didn't realize this was actually worth something...it's a great game...label is damaged though :whistle2:()
Mutant Football League

There's a Super on my local CL that comes with 6 games for $45.

[quote name='CL lady']5 mario, and one other.[/QUOTE]

I figure with 5 mario games you can't really go wrong, especially if I can talk her down. But I thought I'd shoot a picture:

3n93p73o4ZZZZZZZZZ97taf51d8e77e421327.jpg

Can you guys tell what any of those are? I see SMW top right and I think that's SMAS bottom right. Anybody else?

[quote name='phoenix529']There's a Super on my local CL that comes with 6 games for $45.

I figure with 5 mario games you can't really go wrong, especially if I can talk her down. But I thought I'd shoot a picture:

3n93p73o4ZZZZZZZZZ97taf51d8e77e421327.jpg

Can you guys tell what any of those are? I see SMW top right and I think that's SMAS bottom right. Anybody else?[/QUOTE]

Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
Yoshi's Island
Spiderman and X-Men (I think)

Can't make out any other ones. Probably not worth $45.

LOL, I'm cleaning the carts now. I forgot to say...the guy had them all in some giant yellow display case that he was supposed to throw in, but his sister wanted it. I didn't even want it, but it would have been nice for transport purposes. So the guy puts all the games in a bunch of shoeboxes. They filled 8 mickey fickey shoe and boot boxes, AND another jumbo grocery bag.

One of the boxes, for a pair of boots called "El Besserro - Botas Finas Hecho en Mexico", anyway this clown wrote "NINTENDO $$$$A!!!" on the top :roll:. Not even kidding. Sad...

I need to stop reading this thread. Karkyco's posts make me want to move to LA, even if I have to sleep on the streets like the rest of em.

[quote name='nnthomas']I need to stop reading this thread. Karkyco's posts make me want to move to LA, even if I have to sleep on the streets like the rest of em.[/QUOTE]

Me, too. It seems like everyone around me knows how much things are worth so I never find an awesome deal.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
Yoshi's Island
Spiderman and X-Men (I think)

Can't make out any other ones. Probably not worth $45.[/QUOTE]

But Yoshi's Island is there for sure?

I know it's not worth the $45, but I'm hoping I can talk her into just the games for $20. I really wanna play Yoshi's Island. I never got the chance as a kid.

[quote name='karkyco']
One of the boxes, for a pair of boots called "El Besserro - Botas Finas Hecho en Mexico", anyway this clown wrote "NINTENDO $$$$A!!!" on the top :roll:. Not even kidding. Sad...[/QUOTE]

Only in LA...

That's a damn fine score man, congrats.

[quote name='Billymays21']A guy is selling a complete Steel Battalion set for 140 dollars. However, a few days ago it was 120. Too bad I don't have the money.[/QUOTE]

I wish you lived near me. I've tried to sell my SB set for a while, starting at $120 and eventually down to $100, never got ANY biters. I eventually gave up and just sold it on ebay, but damn do I hate shipping those things. People around me are so damn finicky...

On a side note, you can always try ebay. With a bit of patience you can do pretty well, I ended up getting mine for $94 shipped 3 months ago.

[quote name='icedrake523']Me, too. It seems like everyone around me knows how much things are worth so I never find an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

LOL...it definitely isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure, it's a HUGE market so there are many opportunities, but for every successful one on craigslist, yard/estate sales, store clearances there are hundreds...probably thousands...that are missed, unknown, etc. You have to be able to drop everything, have an extremely flexible schedule, etc. to be able to jump on them at a moment's notice.

Plus the city/area is so spread out, it can be a huge headache. I got very lucky with that score - right place at the right time, honestly nothing more to it than that. And even so, it's very hard to find truly ridiculous deals like some people on here seem to find constantly. $.25 complete/mint NES/SNES/PS1 etc. rarities, I mean out here people seem to have initial asking prices a lot higher than elsewhere in the country. Or if they ask a super low price, like this guy, you need to move like Speedy Gonzalez or the Road Runner.

[quote name='phoenix529']But Yoshi's Island is there for sure?

I know it's not worth the $45, but I'm hoping I can talk her into just the games for $20. I really wanna play Yoshi's Island. I never got the chance as a kid.[/QUOTE]

Middle right. I'm pretty sure it's Yoshi's Island.

If you can get the games for $20, and it is Yoshi's Island, jump on it. That game is so good. I got mine (for free :lol:) when I was in 3rd grade, and I still play it from time to time, at least one playthrough a year. It's really great.

Totally agree with the Chairman. And if you really need to play Yoshi's Island, there's always the GBA release that is super cheap and abundant.

There is a PSP Slim for $100 or for $125 with an 8gb memory stick duo...I can't decide if I should pick it up or not. I sent him an email saying I'd give him $75 or $100, I just can't decide if I really need a PSP or not.

If you don't need a PSP, don't buy, but that's pretty cheap (at least for my area).

@Chairman:
She won't answer my emails.

@karkyco:
I've considered it, but my only GBA player is a GB Micro, and it's way too small to fully enjoy games on, unfortunately.

Edit: That's not true. I forgot my DS plays GBA. But still, too small for me.

^Lucky! I've been looking for a decent 46" 1080p for months!

@Chairman_LMAO:

I do have a Cube, but I've seen an abundance of Game Boy Players lately (pawn shops, vintage stock, flea markets, and even GameStop), and not a single one below $39.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I got a 5 month old Panasonic 46inch 1080 P Viera Plasma TV for 640 today. Came with the receipt and a two and a half years on the warranty still too.[/QUOTE]

Look for big ticket items at the end of the month on craigslist...that's when alot of people are moving out of their places and alot of times they can't take these items with them. I've gotten lucky a few times with this "tactic"

Plus these people are more willing to haggle their prices if the timer is counting down on them and they feel nervous they may not be able to sell in time.

[quote name='phoenix529']But Yoshi's Island is there for sure?

I know it's not worth the $45, but I'm hoping I can talk her into just the games for $20. I really wanna play Yoshi's Island. I never got the chance as a kid.[/QUOTE]

I have a complete copy if you're interested

Should I bite on A nintendo 64 with original box and 2 games Diddy Kong race and Banjo-Tooie (with box) for $30? Let em know ASAp. Thanks you guys in advance

[quote name='phoenix529']^Lucky! I've been looking for a decent 46" 1080p for months!

@Chairman_LMAO:

I do have a Cube, but I've seen an abundance of Game Boy Players lately (pawn shops, vintage stock, flea markets, and even GameStop), and not a single one below $39.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up at my Gamestop for $9.99 yesterday, I've been playing Mother 3 on it the way it's meant to be played. They had like 6 others, if you're interested I could pick one up for you.

Today an ad popped up for Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve 1+2 and Silent Hill 3 for $8 each among some other games. All of them are in mint condition, the only problem is that he's a 45 minute drive away :roll:

I picked up the N64 with box + 3 original controllers. It came with 4 games, Banjo tooei COMPLETE, NHL 99, Wave Race, and Diddy Kong race. For $30.

Pretty happy with the above since Ive been wanting box for N64. However, I MISSED a SNES with 20 games for $25!!!!kfjhasdlifsdnv....Oh well...

I think I looked up Banjo Kazooie the other day and it sells for around $20 just for the cart. Looks like you got a good deal. $25 for 20 SNES games though aaahhhh!

bread's done
Back