The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

they are mostly for keep. I just started collecting video games so most of the stuff i find are for keep. I believe the Final fantasy games are all black label and i don't own any of them yet...Phoenix should know why I hardly resell my stuff unless i really have to. I think of keeping the SNES even though I found one already 2 weeks ago. The rest definitely for keep but I am not so sure about game gear yet. I am not very familiar with it and not too excited to add it to my slim collection...

I notice from reading on CAG that Virtua boy is pretty hard to come across, so do you guys think its worth it at that price? He said that I might have to put books next to it so it will stand straight (because of the crack) but everything else works fine...let me know your thoughts please...

I am gonna go pick it up in about 1 hour...

and lastly thank you all CAGers for being so helpful and friendly...especially Phoenix..

Ok, I just pick everything up...and to my surprise everything is in very good condition!!Final fantasy games are black labels and complete except for 9 (discs only). All the disc looks like they haven't been played except for Discs 1 for all three FF.

the guy was really cool when I asked him about his SNES games. He said he couldnt them and will try to find them and just give em to me. Highly unlikely he'll try to find them but we'll see....

I am going to bed now since I have to work in the morning tomorrow, so I guess I wont be testing any of the system until tomorrow night after work...

Missed out on a virtual boy with original box and case with 11 games with boxes yesterday for $75 :(

I called and he said someone bid on it on ebay for more

Ouch. That would have been an amazing find. I hate these CLers that throw eBay in your face to make an extra buck. The one VB I've ever found was from a couple who didn't know what it was and was selling it with 4 other VCRs and a stereo for $60. I called them, but the VB didn't have the stand and I couldn't find one on eBay, so I passed.

By the way, what search terms do you guys use to find such goodness? My method involves usually going straight to the video gaming category, finding crap, and then searching for terms like "Nintendo", "Sega", and "Atari" in all for sale. Sometimes I'll throw in stuff like "games", "video games", and "vintage" or "retro", but nothing ever comes up.

[quote name='phoenix529']By the way, what search terms do you guys use to find such goodness? My method involves usually going straight to the video gaming category, finding crap, and then searching for terms like "Nintendo", "Sega", and "Atari" in all for sale. Sometimes I'll throw in stuff like "games", "video games", and "vintage" or "retro", but nothing ever comes up.[/QUOTE]

Here is a brief list of what I search for. I tend to search all categories, then limit by general location, since all of LA can return all sorts of bogus results, as well as results for OC, Riverside, and Ventura counties.

I search for NES, SNES, Nintendo, Sega, sometimes I check the "search titles only" on these searches because the results are ridiculous. I also search for Gameboy, Game Boy, Turbografx, Turbo Grafx, and various rare/high value games like Chrono Trigger/Chronotrigger, Dragon Warrior/Dragonwarrior, Dragon Quest/Dragonquest, Earthbound/Earth Bound, Zelda, Mario, Suikoden, Valkyrie, Persona, Megami, megaman, castlevania, etc. you get the picture.

You're way more dedicated than me, karkyco, I sometiems add in Zelda, mario, super mario, or final fantasy, but man. No wonder you're always posting kickass finds in here. I'll have to try that sometime. Do you ever search anything generic and get good results? ie. video games, games, etc?

Have any of you guys seen those 3-D Prototype display stands that each gamestop has? I saw someone on CL selling it for $120, wondering if you guys think it's worth it? Or what a good price to offer would be? Their pretty rare, and Im a sucker for getting stuff for the game room.

Man, I am a man of faith... and something tells me not to brag too big on my latest finds..... but I will say this.. It doesn't hurt to inquire about prices... sometimes the price in the title IS for EVERYTHING in the ad!!!

I usually just searched nintendo since I am mostly interested in SNES. Thats why most of my finds are nintondo related, lol...

[quote name='phoenix529']By the way, what search terms do you guys use to find such goodness? My method involves usually going straight to the video gaming category, finding crap, and then searching for terms like "Nintendo", "Sega", and "Atari" in all for sale. Sometimes I'll throw in stuff like "games", "video games", and "vintage" or "retro", but nothing ever comes up.[/QUOTE]

i search NES, SNES, super nintendo, nintendo, sega, atari, video games, classic games, vintage games, coleco, arcade, game boy, gameboy, ps1, playstation, psx, genesis, genny, etc.

I live between the border of 2 states so I search each of them back to back.

Finally found a good find, after weeks of being just a few hours (or days) too late. Haven't picked it up yet, but I will in an hour or two from the woman's residence.

I originally put up an ad looking for SNES games.. this woman writes me letting me know she has some games for $15 but she hasn't settled on a price. I didn't bite, too high for my tastes. I don't reply, and 20 minutes later there is a posting on CL, this same woman, wanting $5 per game now.

I quickly write her and ask her for a few games, 8 to be exact... she bundles them all together for $30. Here are the games -

Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Street Fighter II Turbo
Justice League Task Force

All cart only, but still decent none the less.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Have any of you guys seen those 3-D Prototype display stands that each gamestop has? I saw someone on CL selling it for $120, wondering if you guys think it's worth it? Or what a good price to offer would be? Their pretty rare, and Im a sucker for getting stuff for the game room.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. They're in every GameStop, so they're not rare. You could probably get one for free if you ask around.

Just picked up the 8 games - they all are in need of a cleaning (which is easy enough) but the front and back labels are all in perfect condition - considering about half of them are $15 or so on Ebay by themselves, I think $30 for all of them is a damn good deal and a good start to my SNES collection.

[quote name='phoenix529']Agreed. Not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Weirdest part is, she is also selling a SNES with two controllers, all hookups, and the original box for $120 (which seems high to me)... so it's weird that she seperated all the games and sold those dirt cheap, most of the time I've noticed people just bundle the stuff and refuse to seperate it for any price.

I did leave some stuff behind, like Captain America and the Avengers, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, and random sports games.. but I don't remember the former two being decent (especially compared to the Avengers arcade game) and I have no interest in the latter.

Justice League Task Force was just a joke for my bf who really loves fighters :p

I emailed a guy yesterday about a gamecube that included component video cable, standard composite video and audio cables, power adapter, and 2 memory cards. one standard, one 251 and two wired controllers and two wireless wavebird controllers for $25.

Well i emailed him as soon as i seen the ad.He never replied so today i email him again asking about it and he emails me back within 5 minutes telling me it was sold yesterday

Just found this!:

Earlier today i was given an xbox 360 elite edition for my graduation from my mom . My problem , I need some money ! I am ready to make an immediate sale then let me know via email - $130

E-mailed him 10 minutes after it was posted. Cross your fingers for me.

[quote name='phoenix529']Just found this!:

Earlier today i was given an xbox 360 elite edition for my graduation from my mom . My problem , I need some money ! I am ready to make an immediate sale then let me know via email - $130

E-mailed him 10 minutes after it was posted. Cross your fingers for me.[/QUOTE]

Where you are located?

I see that identical ad posted on the craigslist areas i search(indiana).

Just seeing if you found the same ad or if its a spammer who does the same ad across multiple states.

[quote name='icpmattj']I emailed a guy yesterday about a gamecube that included component video cable, standard composite video and audio cables, power adapter, and 2 memory cards. one standard, one 251 and two wired controllers and two wireless wavebird controllers for $25.

Well i emailed him as soon as i seen the ad.He never replied so today i email him again asking about it and he emails me back within 5 minutes telling me it was sold yesterday[/QUOTE]

Sometimes CL messages end up in peoples spam folders, and they don't bother to check the spam. I know I've had messages from CL end up in my spam occasionally, as well as one guy who wrote me, I wrote back, didn't hear from him so I wrote again and he told me the first message ended up in the spam.

[quote name='phoenix529']Just found this!:

E-mailed him 10 minutes after it was posted. Cross your fingers for me.[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to you, but that message is spam... just found this on my local CL right after I read this, and I'm nowhere near you in terms of location :p

Forgot to post this find a few weeks back but i will now since i just got it back from microsoft.

Few weeks ago i found two RROD xbox 360 on craigslist for $50. I figured for the price i would try to fix them myself and see how everything went.I didn't get to see the consoles in person because it was a couple hour drive to get them so i just paid for shipping.Got both consoles a fews days later and i check them out. This is what i got.Consoles only no hookups,controllers or hard drive.

System #1 arcade version no hdmi

Completely beat to sh*t.Its been opened missing half the screws holding it together and all the screws that hold the dvd drive together.Also the dvd drive doesn't open because of this. I start it up after borrowing a neighbors power cords and tv hookup cords.It spits out the E74 error.Well i do the xclamp fix on it and nothing changes it still has RROD.

System #2 pro version hdmi
Never been opened up and still has the warrenty seal intact.Also has E74 error.Best part is that its still within the 3 year warrenty period to get it fixed for free :)

The real kicker is that system #1 was still under warrenty as well for the RROD but since some jackass opened it up i didnt even bother to try to send it in.
I ended up selling system #1 to another friend who flashes drives and fixes them as well to see if he could get it working and he couldn't either.
So after all said and done i got

$50( two RROD xbox 360)
$15 shipping cost to get them to me
20gb hard drive for it from my brother for $20.
All the cables(power brick,tv hookups,ethernet cord) i needed from ebay for $25
Minus $20 for system #1 i sold to a friend.
So for $90 i got a working xbox 360.I still need a controller though.

Not sure if this is a real steal or not since i had to buy all the accessories but from what i've seen on craigslist the cheapest 360's i see in my area on there with hard drives and all cables go for $150+ range.

Nice find animalspinners!!

I picked up a FREE NES today, system only, not sure if it works thats why its free. My first NES EVER!!!

Also, I need advice if I should pick up another SNES with 5 games for $25:
1. hagane--> really interested in the, I am wondering if I could get this somewhere for cheaper?like EBAY?
2. college slam
3. weaponlord
4. r-type
5. midway arcade greatest hits atari collection

The reason for buying it is the games. I really want to get as many SNES game as possible since SNES has the most nostalgic value to me. It was the only system I ever own when I was little, now 23, and it's been my favorite until now. I own a PS3 btw which I really like too...

At $25 I don't think you can go wrong there, you can sell that spare SNES and that should more or less cover the cost, plus Hagane is fairly rare/valuable if I'm correct, I'm thinking you know that already though. I'd jump on that deal.

I also found one of those $130 360 listings in my area too, I had a feeling it was shady.

Yeah, the guy with the 360 e-mailed me back and was like "Oh, sorry! I sold it yesterday! But I got it for free from this site blah blah blah."

If you're gonna spam, at least keep your fucking story straight.

You all think Ogre Battle 64 is worth $20? Guy obviously knows its worth, even put it was uncommon right in the title, but I'm not sure if it's a good enough deal to get me to jump on it. This is the first time I've ever seen one except for Ebay, where it's anywhere from $20 - $40 for a cart only.

I dont know if its rare, I tried looking on ebay and couldnt find any ended auction for it this morning. But thanks for the advice, I might jump on it if its still available and not too far from me later today.

On scam ads like that, I found them a lot too when I was still on the market for PS3 early this year...they always said the same thing on their reply email as Phoenix mention..

[quote name='eastshore4']At $25 I don't think you can go wrong there, you can sell that spare SNES and that should more or less cover the cost, plus Hagane is fairly rare/valuable if I'm correct, I'm thinking you know that already though. I'd jump on that deal.

I also found one of those $130 360 listings in my area too, I had a feeling it was shady.[/QUOTE]

Should i bite on this, PS2 with 2 new controllers and a memory card with 7 games for $35

Games are:
Scarface
The Sims 2
True Crime New York City
Grnd Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
CSI
Mack Davis Pro Bass Challenge
Cabela's Monster Bass

[quote name='perdition(troy']I personally would jump on it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phoenix529']^Agreed. Patriots on Blu Ray cost me $15 alone.

1. Nice! Hope somebody can help you fix it!

2. Probably for the best.

3. That really sucks. Great deal.

4. That really sucks. I've personally never found an NES lot cheaper.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ivanwijaya']@Paradise2894- Take them![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help guys. Picked it up yesterday. The box for the Patriot was pretty bad but whatever and the SR2 Collectors Edition didnt have the bullet USB drive but Im happy overall. Been looking for that game in the Hollywood Video sale but no luck.

Spent $20 and picked up a GBA SP black, with charger and 11 or 12 games, mostly good ones. All with manuals but no boxes.

Don't have the games or the list in front of me, but notables were Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Zelda Minish Cap, Super Mario Advance 3 & 4, Contra Operation C GB, and a few more I can't remember. Not too bad a deal.

Thank im going to buy the ps2 today

EDIT: Picked it up and it turned out to be a PS2 slim in great shape!

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to go for that Ogre Battle 64, and it came with a nice bonus not listed in the ad.

So I got Ogre Battle 64 (N64) for $20, and out of nowhere the seller found the manual and included that for no extra charge. He also had a complete copy of Medal of Honor Underground he was selling for $1, so I tried my luck and asked if he would throw that in as a freebie (I figured he just wanted it gone) and he did.

Both games are in excellent condition, to boot.

[quote name='phoenix529']Only if you want a PS2. Good deal then, not much there otherwise. And nothing there to flip.[/QUOTE]You could get $80 for the PS2 and the games on ebay, plus if it has network adapter attached...

Might have a beat on Starfox 64, Super Smash Bros 64, DK 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie for N64 and these SNES games: DK Country, Starfox, Super Castlevania 4, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Contra 3 Alien Wars, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Aladdin, Super Mario Kart and Super Mario All-Stars+Super Mario World...she said she'd send me pictures so I'm waiting for those since it'd be about a 45 minute drive.

She said she's looking for offers, so we'll see if I can snag it for cheap.

[quote name='animalspinners']Decided to go for that Ogre Battle 64, and it came with a nice bonus not listed in the ad.

So I got Ogre Battle 64 (N64) for $20, and out of nowhere the seller found the manual and included that for no extra charge. He also had a complete copy of Medal of Honor Underground he was selling for $1, so I tried my luck and asked if he would throw that in as a freebie (I figured he just wanted it gone) and he did.

Both games are in excellent condition, to boot.[/QUOTE]

Great find, do you happen to be in the Tampa area? I just saw that ad, haha.

there is another virtua gameboy without visor and AV adapter but comes with controller and mario tennis. Said to be working great and is really close to me. I can pick it up for fellow CAGer who is interested for original cost + shipping & packeging. PM me if anyone interested, so I can email the person.

[quote name='icpmattj']Missed out on a virtual boy with original box and case with 11 games with boxes yesterday for $75 :(

I called and he said someone bid on it on ebay for more[/QUOTE]

I knew I should have grabbed that the day he listed it. it was originaly at 100, then he dropped it to $75 so i offered $50 and he never replied.

[quote name='phoenix529']Nice on the OB64 manual! Get a box and you can make hundreds! (slight hyperbole)

Unless you're weird and want to play it...

:lol:[/QUOTE]

hundreds? I needed cash awhile back and flipped my CIB copy on ebay and made a whole $25 before fees!! DANG!!

I'm debating on this one. A guy has a xbox 360 with no Hard drive D but a memory card and a wireless controller and WWE 2008/ and 2009. He is asking 175 which I wouldn't get it for that but also said he would trade for a sidekick. I have a Sidekick Slide from before my upgrade that has just been collecting dust. Looks like I could get around 50-60 on ebay for it but the guy said he would trade that plus $50 for his xbox.
Wouldn't mind having another 360 for another room and only have 2 controllers at the moment so might come in handy but wouldn't use it much though. Sure that no Harddrive would suck though. Just not sure if its a decent deal.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I'm debating on this one. A guy has a xbox 360 with no Hard drive D but a memory card and a wireless controller and WWE 2008/ and 2009. He is asking 175 which I wouldn't get it for that but also said he would trade for a sidekick. I have a Sidekick Slide from before my upgrade that has just been collecting dust. Looks like I could get around 50-60 on ebay for it but the guy said he would trade that plus $50 for his xbox.
Wouldn't mind having another 360 for another room and only have 2 controllers at the moment so might come in handy but wouldn't use it much though. Sure that no Harddrive would suck though. Just not sure if its a decent deal.[/QUOTE]

Well, its not a bad deal, considering that you'll be trading a phone that you're not using. Of course, since you already have a 360, you would in turn trade one piece of tech that you're not using for another. If you consider the memcard, controller and games for the 50, then you're doing a straight trade for the phone for 360, which is good if the value of your phone is what you say it is. And of course, you can probably try to haggle down the cash portion a bit as well.

[quote name='ivanwijaya']there is another virtua gameboy without visor and AV adapter but comes with controller and mario tennis. Said to be working great and is really close to me. I can pick it up for fellow CAGer who is interested for original cost + shipping & packeging. PM me if anyone interested, so I can email the person.[/QUOTE]

What's the original cost?

[quote name='Sinnbox']hundreds? I needed cash awhile back and flipped my CIB copy on ebay and made a whole $25 before fees!! DANG!![/QUOTE]

Well, I said slight hyperbole, but it's definitely worth more than $25. They used to go for a whole heck of a lot. Nobody cares anymore, but they still get around $60 CIB and $40 cart. Needless to say, the dude you sold it to got a steal.

bread's done
Back