The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='leftwing1018']well, I get home and put it on the charger for a free hours. Then I notice that it wasn't charging :cry: So, it won't power on. I'm not sure if I need a new battery, or a fuse blew or what, but I'm going to try and work on it... I'm disappointed with that, but I think it will work in the end, just a little more work and time on my end.[/QUOTE]

I think the PSP works without the battery in it - take out the battery but have it plugged to the adapter? If it doesn't turn on then it might be broken.

Picked up a PS2, grand theft auto series, hitman, soul calibur 2, and gran turismo w/2 controllers and component cable for $15 over the weekend. The seller was selling it for $10 and it was supposedly broken. I offered $15 (I planned to use mcboot on it anyway so I was fine with giving a bit extra and it keeps it out of the dump or whatever). Got home and turned it on and the machine was working perfectly; I emailed the seller and offered it back if she wanted it.

Been picking up "broken" PS2s for $10 and all of them always worked when I got home. Picked up a network adapter for $10 (but I think I was really lucky on that one). I've got 4 ps2s in my house now.

[quote name='ctclements']This guy had wall to wall in his garage covered with games that his wife was making him sell.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Can we say pussy whipped? I'd tell the bitch to fuck off and threaten to throw out some of her shit she has and if she keeps up with the 'sell the games' shpiel, then I'd follow through.

Anyway, I'm working on a $20 deal for a 50001 PS2 right now. There's no controller, but it's supposed to come with the cables for it at least.

The guy selling it says it won't read discs. Hmmmm, I wonder what could be the problem THERE. :roll: Dirty lens+20 minute fix=working PS2 for 1/3 or less of GS price.

While not a phenomenal deal like some of you pull off seemingly all the time, at least it keeps more money outta fuckin' Sony's hands. :bomb:I wouldn't need to be spending $20 on a used PS2 if they would give us BC in ALL PS3's already.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='dmdragon']That's not bad, if it works. I got mine for 200 with no classic controller or Mario kart. Even if you go to gamestop and buy wii sports for 15 bucks after edge it's still a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I guess; it depends on what value you put on it. I wouldn't pay $200 for a barebones Wii, probably only $100. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding if I should bite or not.

I guess it'll depend on the condition of it and if it comes with Wii Sports or not.

[quote name='jngx80']I think the PSP works without the battery in it - take out the battery but have it plugged to the adapter? If it doesn't turn on then it might be broken.
[/QUOTE]

I went to Gamestop and tested the battery and charger with other psp's and tried different batteries in mine, and found that my battery and adapter are working fine. So, unfortunately the problem lies in the hardware :( I contacted the guy and he said he would refund my money if I couldn't get it to work (and sell it back if he could fix it). I really have no idea what the problem is now... I opened it up and made sure all connections were secure, but that didn't fix it. I googled and found that the problem for one guy was the LCD, and replacing that fixed it, but I'd rather not spend $25 on a new screen and that not be the problem.. Maybe it is bricked? So I ordered a Pandora battery for $6 online, and maybe that will fix it. Maybe someone here has had the same problem? *Problem: When sliding power button up, the green light flashes very quickly and nothing happens.

[quote name='lolwut?']I guess; it depends on what value you put on it. I wouldn't pay $200 for a barebones Wii, probably only $100. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding if I should bite or not.

I guess it'll depend on the condition of it and if it comes with Wii Sports or not.[/QUOTE]

I got my wii on sunday for $150 from CL, came with the original box all the manuals cards insert 2 wiimotes 1 nunchuck wii play, wii sports, all the wires and it looks brand new and it was never registered for nintendos warranty. There are good priced wii's on there just gotta dig for them.

Random Anime DVD pickup last night for $10 total. Nothing major but definitely a good deal! :)= sealed

Mobile Suit Gundam
Kannazuki No Miko
Saiyuki Reload
Macross Plus - The Collection
Ninja Scroll Volume 1
Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex Vol 4
Negima!:)
Moon Phase:)
Speed Grapher:)
Solty Rei:)
Baki the Grappler:)
Basilisk - The Shades of Night :)
Spirited Away :)
Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Box Set Vol 3 :)

There is an ad in Orange County (California) for a Wii including packaging but no WiiSport for $100 right now.

With PS3/X360 only $300, I wonder if Wii will stay at $250.

Okay want to know if I should pick this up for strictly flipping purposes?? And if I somehow decided I wanted to keep some stuff, what I should sell to cover costs. Here is the ad:

Used Super nintendo in working order. Runs great! Comes with 2 controllers and 2 players guides (Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy III)

Games: Tetris/Dr. Mario, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Street Fighter 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Castlevania 4, Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, and Super Return of the Jedi.

Hours of Fun! $150 obo

Checked value on the bundle from VGPC and came out to over $200 not including console. I emailed the guy and he said that he would go to $125. Do you think I should try to get it down to $100. I offered $60 and he declined lol :lol:

Ugh I'm so mad. So I had this guy with a SNES bundle--the system, controllers, games. The games were stuff like Earthbound, Mario Allstars, Final Fantasy II, TMNT IV, and like ten other more common games.

We worked out a deal where I was giving him a Wavebird and a handful of GC games (TP, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Sunshine).

So as I'm scheduling a time to meet with him, this dude is on eBay and is like "woah--umm, Earthbound here is going for like $60+". Understandably now he wants to back out.

It's like, if you're going to be ignorant of your stuff's value--STAY IGNORANT. Gah.

[quote name='leftwing1018']I went to Gamestop and tested the battery and charger with other psp's and tried different batteries in mine, and found that my battery and adapter are working fine. So, unfortunately the problem lies in the hardware :( I contacted the guy and he said he would refund my money if I couldn't get it to work (and sell it back if he could fix it). I really have no idea what the problem is now... I opened it up and made sure all connections were secure, but that didn't fix it. I googled and found that the problem for one guy was the LCD, and replacing that fixed it, but I'd rather not spend $25 on a new screen and that not be the problem.. Maybe it is bricked? So I ordered a Pandora battery for $6 online, and maybe that will fix it. Maybe someone here has had the same problem? *Problem: When sliding power button up, the green light flashes very quickly and nothing happens.[/QUOTE]

It's dead. I just dealt with the same exact situation two weeks ago. After buying the psp, then the pandora battery and memory stick it's still dead. Get your money back and buy one that works. I bought a slim after my fat was doa and had a great experience.

Well, today I traded my dirt cheap 360 core w/ 20 GB hdd and l4d for a non-bc 80 GB PS3 w/ KZ2, a DS3, and a chatpad.. I was pretty happy with that, as I had gotten the 360 w/ a RRoD for dirt cheap and it ended up being just under warranty.

After work I picked up a Saturn w/ 5 common games for $15. I know that wasn't a steal, but it was the first Saturn I had seen in the wild that wasn't from a smoker's house.

[quote name='gi60']With PS3/X360 only $300, I wonder if Wii will stay at $250.[/QUOTE]
I would imagine the Wii will hit a $200 price point before the holiday season.

[quote name='nsahene']It's dead. I just dealt with the same exact situation two weeks ago. After buying the psp, then the pandora battery and memory stick it's still dead. Get your money back and buy one that works. I bought a slim after my fat was doa and had a great experience.[/QUOTE]

Damn.. well it only cost me $20, and will cost me another $8 in gas money to bring it back, so I think I'll tinker with it a little (gonna try putting some solder over the power fuse to bridge it, maybe that's the problem?) And if it doesn't work, I guess the best thing would be to throw it on ebay and get most of my money back.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I would imagine the Wii will hit a $200 price point before the holiday season.[/QUOTE]

This is Nintendo. They will leave their GAMES at full retail for years. Don't count in a price drop until sales slow down enough for them to warrant such a move.

I can't see myself paying $50 for mario kart, which is why I plan on trading in this extra wii mote the kid gave me, should get me $14-$15 base at gamestop and the game only is $39.99 ends up being about $25 unless I find some more games to flip and lower the cost, or I can buy it through points2shop off amazon. Decisions!

First party titles are expensive.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I can't see myself paying $50 for mario kart, which is why I plan on trading in this extra wii mote the kid gave me, should get me $14-$15 base at gamestop and the game only is $39.99 ends up being about $25 unless I find some more games to flip and lower the cost, or I can buy it through points2shop off amazon. Decisions!

First party titles are expensive.[/QUOTE]

If you want, I'll trade you the Mario Kart for the extra Wiimote if I end up buying the guy's bundle.

Should save you the trouble of dealing with the douchers at GS; I'll PM you incase you don't read this thread.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Maybe if you buy it let me know. Do you have the wheel too?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think it comes with the wheel.

[quote name='paradise2894']Used Super nintendo in working order. Runs great! Comes with 2 controllers and 2 players guides (Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy III) [/QUOTE]

fuck! I've been wanting the Chrono Trigger guide for weeks! This is my first playthrough, and this game is fucking difficult!

[quote name='phoenix529']fuck! I've been wanting the Chrono Trigger guide for weeks! This is my first playthrough, and this game is fucking difficult![/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was that difficult. I had to resort to a FAQ from time to time, but it's a pretty straight forward game. If you level up enough, you shouldn't have too many problems.

That said, the times I had to resort to an FAQ were fucking brutal.

Let me preface my find with this information. Five days ago I see an ad on craigslist for some great flippable games and a console with four controllers. I email him (already thinking I am too late for such a good deal) and tell him if he is selling this, I would like to buy it. I don't get a response, so I am thinking "fuck, that one got away." I get a call last night asking if he could drop it off, REMEMBER this is five days later after he posts his ad that should have been sold in a matter of hours. I think someone is playing or it's a scam of some sort. He texts me that he has started playing online and can't leave his house... so I am believing it's one of those people who try to lead you on. Well, we make arrangements to meet close to my house (I always try to meet close so that it's not a complete loss if I get a no-show." Like everyone else, I am hoping that he shows, and praying that the games are at least in decent condition... so let's see what was behind the curtain.

Nintendo 64 Console -- Expansion Pak -- 4 Controllers with Rumble Paks
LOZ Ocarina of Time - CIB - LIKE NEW
Tetrisphere - CIB - LIKE NEW
RAT ATTACK! - CIB - LIKE NEW
DONKEY KONG 64 - CIB - LIKE NEW
MARIO TENNIS - CIB - LIKE NEW
Mario Party 1 2 3 ALL CIB LIKE NEW
$40

And I thought Vegas had dried up. Nothing but Super Nintendo with 14 game sport lots for $125 lately.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Just finished a deal I had been working on for a few days -

Got all this for $30:

Streets of Rage 2 for the Genesis, then all these for the NES:

Balloon Fight
Bionic Commando
A Boy and his Blob
Double Dragon II
Ironsword
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tetris II
Tiny Toon Adventures
Wizards and Warriors

All cart only, but all of them in excellent condition - paid $2.50 a game.

Jaguar Atari Gaming system + 4 games Alien vs Predator, Cybermorph, Doom, Iron soldier. Email me with your phone# if interested. Thanks

$30 Worth an hour drive?

[quote name='Pecan']Jaguar Atari Gaming system + 4 games Alien vs Predator, Cybermorph, Doom, Iron soldier. Email me with your phone# if interested. Thanks

$30 Worth an hour drive?[/QUOTE]

If it included Tempest 2000, I'd say yes. The games in the bundle are just OK, IMO. I personally wouldn't make the trip. Can you maybe get him to meet you halfway?

[quote name='Diosoth']This is Nintendo. They will leave their GAMES at full retail for years. Don't count in a price drop until sales slow down enough for them to warrant such a move.[/QUOTE]
Considering I see Wii consoles sitting on the shelves at every major retailer, I'd say sales have definitely slowed down. Besides that, with the 360 (Arcade) already cheaper and PS3 just $50 more, and more than likely Sony and M$ will a pack-in a game or 2 over the holidays, it would be the perfect time for them to drop just $50 and make it more competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now that the Slim version is coming out it looks like everybody is dumping their fat systems. I see a few over here listed at $200. Haggle em down.

I did, he was listing it for $320 at first, went down to $300 so I offered $250 but he wanted $275...the big factor for me on this one is that it is rarely being played...

^Never trust what they say.. just go there and check, but I can see people start selling for high 100s or low 200s, once the slim is fully out in the market.

[quote name='ivanwijaya']He agreed on $250..[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to pay that much, go for it. IMO I wouldn't really care if it was rarely used or played a lot; both would leave me feeling confident about the system.

I probably wouldn't go above $200, especially if it's just the system; I would whore out the fact that the PS3 dropped in price by $100

a Craigslist add was selling Damnation for PS3....it said make offer...I really had veryyyyyy little interest in the game, I offered $5...they accepted...even brought it 2 blocks away from my house

yeah, now that it's only $300 that's a bad price, if you were gonna do that I'd fork up the few extra bucks and get a brand new one from the store. $200 yes, 250, maybe, 275, bad.......

Thanks again everyone..I decided to back down..I guess I will be getting slim haha..hopefully there is gonna be good deals out there at launc though unlikely..

Nice, Ye0ld! Take advantage of his laziness and fix the second one, or have somebody else do it.

Got some cheap finds at......

...the campus bookstore!?!?

Yep! Just can't figure out where to post the finds lol.

I'll go ahead and post em in this thread cause I don't know where else. Didn't get great finds, but I bought every game they had that I didn't already own cause they were so cheap.

New sealed copies of:

Turok(PS3)
Unreal Tournament III(PS3
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2(PS3

$5 each.

They also had Rock Band and Haze plus a good number of PS2 games, but I already have Rock Band and I only wanted to spend $15 since I was there to grab this semester's books.

On my way out to pick up these, from two different sellers -

FF 7, complete, mint, GH - $10

Super Metroid - CIB, great condition, has everything including the inserts and posters - $25
Contra 3 cart only - $5
Zelda 1 cart only - $5

The SNES and NES finds came from me posting an ad looking for games about 2 or 3 weeks ago, this is the second time I've gotten a great deal on games because of it.

As a bonus, the guy told me he has more SNES games back home in NJ, and he is going there this weekend and will send me a list. Hoping for some gems, since he seems to have good taste in games (and good prices).

Got everything now, it's all in excellent shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh crap. I forgot that I was supposed to pick up a PS2 yesterday sometime from the one person about 6-8 blocks from me and they're supposed to be moving out of the area as of yesterday.

Oh well, it was probably a brick anyway and not even worth $20.

Picked up some gba games this morning. $24 for all which isn't bad.

Super Mario advance 2
Super Mario advance 3
Megaman Zero 2
Pokemon Leaf green
Pokemon Fire Red
Mario Kart Super Circuit

all in really excellent shape too

This worth $50?

SNES mini with 2 controllers and hookups

Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
Wario's Woods
2 sports games

How reliable is the SNES mini? I mainly wanted to get it just for that...

bread's done
Back