The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Nabbed a PS2 game bundle for $10. Decent price, although there were too many sports games. But I mainly got it for the two collection games in the bundle. All of the except for one had their case & manuals and the non-sports game's discs were like new.

Bundle included:

2006 FIFA World Cup
FIFA 07(disc only)
NHL 2005
Sonic Mega Man Collection Plus
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
MLB 06 The Show
SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals
NCAA Final Four 2001
NFL QB Club 2002
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
The Getaway
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X w/ Devil May Cry demo
Madden 2003
Madden 2002
NBA Live 2002
NFL 2K3
SSX
Max Payne
Grand Theft Auto III
Rocky

I ended giving all the sports games to my brother, since I don't play them.

Here's a couple of recent deals:

#1) $25.00 got me:
Super NES in original box (the box has Donkey and Diddy Kong it due to DKC being included with the system). Also came with 2 controllers, all paperwork, and hookups.
Extra controller new in box
Super Mario All Stars complete in box
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past complete in box
Super Mario Kart complete in box
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 complete in box
Clue complete in box
Jurassic Park complete in box
Donkey Kong Country cart only
Donkey Kong Country 2 with manual
Jungle Book with manual
Taz Mania with manual

#2) $20.00 got me:
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3, complete like new)
Street Fighter 4 (PS3, complete like new)

[quote name='karkyco']Picked up an NES (boxed Action set) with a dozen games, almost all boxed and complete, for $25. The poster originally wanted something like $100 or $120 for the bundle, but had been dropping her price. When it hit $50 I figured it was time to make the move. It was a chick who didn't look like a gamer, so I guessed it had been her ex's.

We met up at Tito's Tacos in Culver City yesterday (yum), and I CiF'd her a $20 for the bundle, she said that was too low, but she would do $40. I whipped out 5 ones had to really push but finally got her to agree and she said fine she just wants it gone.

The main reason I went for the bundle was the boxed/complete/mint Castlevania 3 and boxed/complete/mint Mike Tyson's Punchout!!, as well as the boxed/complete/excellent condition NES itself.

$25 =

NES Action Set (boxed, complete, very good-near mint)
Castlevania 3 (boxed, complete, mint)
Mike Tyson's Punchout!!! (boxed, complete, mint)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (in a box for Super Mario Bros.)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (boxed, complete, mint)
Super Mario Bros. (complete with the box SMB3 was in)
Rad Racer (boxed, complete, mint)
RC Pro Am (boxed, complete, mint)
Baseball (boxed, complete, mint)
Golf (boxed, complete, mint)
Top Gun (boxed, complete, mint)
Mega Man 3 (cart only)[/QUOTE]

Dammn you robbed her! How did no one else jump on that?? That is an amazing pick up I am truly jealous.

[quote name='lmz00']So you agreed to buy it for $50, then all of a sudden offer her $20 when you meet up?[/QUOTE]

Nah I never explicitly agreed to the asking price stated in the ad. When I responded to it via email, I very specifically only asked if the bundle was still available (I also removed any mention of the asking price which is usually put into the email subject line when you go with the auto-respond method via clicking the link), and didn't mention the asking price at all. I probably would have paid her asking price if I had to, since I really wanted a couple of those complete games and could easily sell the rest to pay for the entire bundle. I still don't think it's THAT great a deal compared to previous scores, as well as scores from others on here. Not like some of these insane $10 (or less) bundles in the yard sale thread.

But I figured since she had been progressively dropping the price on it and no "firm" or anything like that in the ads, that she would be open to negotiating (i.e., desperate to sell the bundle). Sure people get pissed off if you try to renegotiate upon meeting, but that's not the case here because it's not as if I had at any point agreed to her asking price, negotiated previously, nor had she confirmed it in our communication.

It simply went from "is it still available" to "where to meet/gimme your number" and so when we met up, well I always go for broke, I mean I have nothing to lose really, so I CiF her and she says she's "kind of" set on the asking price, but will take $40, and I come back that I only have $25 on me, figuring she just wants to get rid of it - ultimately a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Thus, she capitulated at $25. Is it a dick move? I don't think so, since we had never agreed on a price or her asking price specifically. Either way, I get a steal of a deal and I'm sorry but when it comes to the hustle that's all that matters to me. I ain't gonna be seeing her again and it's not like I pulled one over on her or stole from her - we negotiated and came to an agreement. Perhaps some will find it morally and ethically repulsive, however being a sociopath thankfully I have no moral or ethical hangups period.

I mean, I don't have anything against people getting the upper hand on deals, but from a seller's perspective, that's exactly why I stay the hell away from craigslist. It's not a "dick move," nor is it unethical. It just means she was either unknowledgeable, desperate for cash, or just didn't care.

That story kinda reminds me of someone that responded to an ad for my old iMac a while back, with just his phone number wanting me to call him to schedule a time for him to pick it up. I responded by asking if he had the $850 I was asking for, to which he again just gave me his number and wanted me to call him, without even acknowledging the price. I just figured he'd try to low-ball me in person, so his e-mail went straight to the trash.

Thought this was a pretty cool Craigslist haul. (not as great as other but this is one of my first Craigslist interactions). I saw this Craigslist post about an N64 and games. (games in ad are in the picture later) He initially was asking $65 for the lot but since I already had a N64 I offered $40 just for the games. Luckily he accepted.
SANY1203.jpg

I mainly wanted it for Paper Mario, Mario 64, and LoZ OoT (wasn't the gold cart, but I'll take it) which justifies the $40 price alone I think.

Then he asks if I wanted to buy more gaming stuff he had. He offered a 3DO, NES with new pins, a PS2 Slim, a GBA, and games. What he was asking for everything came out to be around $150. I told him the best I could do on such short notice was $100. And luckily again he accepted. So which makes it $25 for each system, hookups, controllers and games.
SANY1195.jpg

This was awesome since my PS2 recently broke in a bad trip.
SANY1194.jpg

Sorry for being so dark. Some notable games are Metal gear, Time Lord, & Double Dragon II. Also came with a NES Max controller which I didn't have before.
SANY1201.jpg

Games are Stellar 7 Draxon's Revenge and Ice Breaker. Will most likely resell this.
SANY1198.jpg

This was also really cool to get since I have an old GBA and I need more to play Four Swords, both versions, with my friend. How convenient that one of those versions was included! haha. Also the day before I was talking about how I should get M&L: SuperStar Saga. Dreams do come true! haha still waiting for my winning lotto ticket...

If that wasn't good enough, from another Craigslist seller I got Sonic 3D Blast and Christmas NiGHTS each for $5. I've been looking for Christmas Nights for a while now that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount for a once free disc.
SANY1199.jpg
In the end I spent a lot of money but if I just got all this separately and from game stores I would have easily spent twice as much.

[quote name='SEH']Odds that these are WAY too good to be true?

http://eastky.craigslist.org/vgm/1738780220.html

http://eastky.craigslist.org/vgm/1722285812.html

It's pretty clear these are the same seller since the writing style and wording is identical.[/QUOTE]

I've seen this person post up in the Washington D.C. craigslist area. It's just spam. The e-mail you're gonna get back if you email them is something along the lines of "I just sold it, but check where I got all my stuff for free" etc etc etc.

[quote name='chronoserge456']I've seen this person post up in the Washington D.C. craigslist area. It's just spam. The e-mail you're gonna get back if you email them is something along the lines of "I just sold it, but check where I got all my stuff for free" etc etc etc.[/QUOTE]

God I hate these spammers, You'd think that if craigslist had enough Spam hits from a certain IP address or email that they wouldn't allow any more postings.

the x-pole - $200

the portable x-pole. static and spinning. Only used once bought for $320.00 great pole easy to put up no worries about falling. top pole used on the market. call xxx-xxx-xxxx

I'm sure this is a find for someone.

[quote name='chronoserge456']I've seen this person post up in the Washington D.C. craigslist area. It's just spam. The e-mail you're gonna get back if you email them is something along the lines of "I just sold it, but check where I got all my stuff for free" etc etc etc.[/QUOTE]

You called it.

Sorry the ps3 isn't available anymore. But since I sold mine already
I guess I can tell you where I got it for free. It looks like it
still works. Tippingtech's doing a promo and giving people
playstations.

www.tippingtech.com/promos/ps3

I'd appreiciate it if you sent me a little something back when you get it! :)

Working on a monster score right now...don't want to jinx it but I am extremely excited...

EDIT: Okay, I didn't want to jinx it by talking about it last night before the deal was done (or have some lurker swoop in and steal this deal from me), but I just made my craigslist DotY (Deal of the Year) - at least thus far for the year.

CRAP! The guy already deleted the ad (have a hard copy here) can't find it when I search CL...

Hmmm I have the page for his ad cached (lemme know if it doesn't show up for you)...be sure and note the list of games, followed by the pics. Seems he forgot to list one EXTREMELY critical, complete game...EARTHBOUND!!!:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1739753708.html

SNES system and games (Simi Valley)

Date: 2010-05-13, 5:24PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

My old Supernintendo games ALL GREAT AND IN WORKING CONDITION
I also have the original SNES console and some wireless controllers

Animaniacs
Earthworm Jim 1 & 2
Super Mario kart
Super Mario all-stars (includes all mario games up to SNES)
Uniracers
Madden 95
DonkeyKong Country 1&2
Legend of Zelda link to the past
Super R-type
Super Mario World (original release for SNES)

3k23p03lb5V05X55S2a5dee4bbb819597122c.jpg

3m93o93lc5O05Q15U6a5d19eac21b2546144f.jpg

3n63me3o65V35Q05P0a5dbc1ff0e20c581f36.jpg

3k33m83p65Z55T35W3a5d4141671d812c109c.jpg

:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:!!!

Story:
So I stumbled across that ad while doing the usual CL exploring/keyword searches. I was VERY suspicious of the ad, as there was no asking price for anything, and Earthbound wasn't actually on his list of games, yet had its own pic. Was the ad real, and he simply didn't know the value of everything? The pics matched each other i.e. shot from the same camera and same carpet background, and I figured, what the hell it's only a (mostly) anonymous email.

Thus I sent an email to the seller, asking if they still had the Super Nintendo bundle and if so, how much they wanted.

I quickly get back a terse "yeah still got it how much you want to offer?"

So now, this is where it gets tricky, as I'm unsure if he knows the value of his bundle. Don't want to lowball too much yet I obviously want to pay as little as possible. I figure he doesn't know the value because at that point I had searched around craigslist and found a couple more similar ads in the Simi Valley (searched videogame section for "simi") area that are very cheap, with similar pics, and presume they came from him since they're all posted around the same time.

So I send an offer of $100 for everything. I get a response back a day later "is this a serious offer"

So I'm thinking, oh shit I lowballed way to low and the guy is obviously insulted. But I go for broke because the response is so vague, and so I reply "yes, $100 cash money what do you say?"

And he goes,"okay, when can you pick up?" :hot:

So we exchange numbers and I set up the meet for early this morning (thinking all last night and this morning that this is either bullshit or this dude is going to rob me because twice last night - once in email and once on the phone when I called to verify/confirm he said "bring cash $200 cash").

Best part is, he was at his friend's place in Woodland Hills right off the 101 at Topanga, so I didn't have to drive all the way out to Simi Valley to get it. I get there, the guy meets me at the pool area of his friends' condo/apartment complex, and he opens his car and just starts pulling the games out of a bag...he literally just casually threw the Earthbound box down on the seat and I'm just thinking to myself OH fuck!!!

I check the contents of the SNES boxes, carts are all pristine, ALL the boxed games are complete and mint, Earthbound box is practically new, the guide is near mint with the scratch and sniff cards in perfect condition, the cart is perfect. He's also including the system and a ton of controllers. I cannot believe this deal.

Now, I had seen his other ads (after first communicating with him, I had just searched the video game section in LA for "simi" and found about 6 other ads of his) - he has (had) a PS1 with LCD listed for $30, FF12 (actually FFVII) listed for $10, and a Gamecube with "sealed games" listed for $40 or $50 - now listed for $30.

Well, I had asked about his other games, as I had told him I'd be interested in the Zelda games on the Gamecube and I'd like to see anything else he might have. He pulls out the Zelda OoT/MasterQuest on Gamecube, it's complete and mint, and a sealed Zelda Collection on Gamecube, and says he'll throw them in for free. :hot:. The Gamecube ad is still up, but those Zelda games are now in my possession.

I tell him I'll also take the Final Fantasy "12" and the PS1, so he gives those to me for an added $20.

Finally, he pulls out a small box, about the size of half a shoebox, and it's full of cart only Gameboy/Gameboy Color games. I quickly skim through it, the carts are all mint and pretty much all high quality games so I ask how much he wants, he wants $30 for the box I tell him I've only got one more $20 so he agrees.

So for $140 total:

SNES - console, power supply, connection cable, N64 controller memory card (random), bunch of controllers including the wireless ones pictured.

Earthbound COMPLETE!!! Again, :hot::hot::hot:
Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 both complete
Super Mario kart complete (has a price sticker on it for $54.95, LOL)
Super Mario all-stars (includes all mario games up to SNES) complete
Uniracers complete
Madden 95 complete
DonkeyKong Country 1&2 complete
Legend of Zelda link to the past cart only
Super R-type cart only
Super Mario World (original release for SNES) x2 cart only
SNES Game Genie complete, box is a bit beat up
Super Gameboy complete

Zelda Master Quest GC complete
Zelda 4 game promo GC SEALED

PS1 with LCD screen
Final Fantasy VII complete mint

Gameboy games - about 35 or 40 total, all cart only but mostly in the little plastic cases, haven't gone through them yet but some highlights were Super Mario Land 1 and 2, a couple WarioLands, etc. I will sort them tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome score.

Curious if you already have a complete Earthbound, keeping it, or selling?

I like how you mention along with the Earthbound, rest of the snes games, he just pulls out a sealed Zelda Collector's edition. Then top it off with a shoebox of gameboy games.

Its the once a year scores like this one that keep me checking craigslist all the time. Every once in a while there will be a this has got to be fake ad but it works out.

I do hate that feeling that you might be getting screwed with or going to get jumped when you have that there's no way this is ad is real.

Picked up the items below for $150.The guy way asking $175.
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/vgm/1759789884.html

1.Broken 40 gb PS3 with 2 dualshock controllers.
2. Madden 2008
3. Fifa 08
4. Fifa 09
5.Fight Night round 4
6.NBA Live 09
7. UFC Undisputed 2009
8. Metal Gear Solid 4
9. Assassins Creed 2
10. Need for speed prostreet
11.Grand Theft Auto 4
12.Mirror's Edge
13.Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
14. Modern Warfare 2 Collectors Edition

Blu rays
1. Spiderman 3
2. Prestige
3.Full Metal jacket
4.Flight of the Phoenix
5. American Psycho
6.The Patriot

[quote name='Dokstarr']Awesome score.

Curious if you already have a complete Earthbound, keeping it, or selling?

I like how you mention along with the Earthbound, rest of the snes games, he just pulls out a sealed Zelda Collector's edition. Then top it off with a shoebox of gameboy games.

Its the once a year scores like this one that keep me checking craigslist all the time. Every once in a while there will be a this has got to be fake ad but it works out.

I do hate that feeling that you might be getting screwed with or going to get jumped when you have that there's no way this is ad is real.[/QUOTE]

I have a cart only copy of Earthbound prior to this. I swapped out the carts because mine was just slightly better condition, although the EB cart that came with this bundle is in fantastic condition as well (plus my copy has my saves on it, LOL).

Yeah you never know what you will encounter on CL, but it pays to plan ahead and hedge your bets/risks as much as possible. It's funny that this score came a week after some fake yard sale ads were posted, one with just crazy bundles of complete A+ NES, SNES, N64 games for dirt cheap ($.50 a cart, $1 for complete games). Wasted a half hour and some gas - even though I correctly presumed it was bogus, I figured it would be well worth it on the extremely slim to none chance it was legit.

[quote name='karkyco']I have a cart only copy of Earthbound prior to this. I swapped out the carts because mine was just slightly better condition, although the EB cart that came with this bundle is in fantastic condition as well (plus my copy has my saves on it, LOL).

Yeah you never know what you will encounter on CL, but it pays to plan ahead and hedge your bets/risks as much as possible. It's funny that this score came a week after some fake yard sale ads were posted, one with just crazy bundles of complete A+ NES, SNES, N64 games for dirt cheap ($.50 a cart, $1 for complete games). Wasted a half hour and some gas - even though I correctly presumed it was bogus, I figured it would be well worth it on the extremely slim to none chance it was legit.[/QUOTE]

If you are planning on selling that Earthbound and it is indeed mint condition here is a trick you can use (courtesy to another CAG member who shall remain nameless). Buy the cheapest factory sealed SNES game you can and carefully cut one seam of the plastic from the new game and remove it. Take the plastic and slip it over the Earthbound box. When you sell on ebay you can tout it's in mint condition and although opened it even includes the original plastic.

[quote name='neiname']If you are planning on selling that Earthbound and it is indeed mint condition here is a trick you can use (courtesy to another CAG member who shall remain nameless). Buy the cheapest factory sealed SNES game you can and carefully cut one seam of the plastic from the new game and remove it. Take the plastic and slip it over the Earthbound box. When you sell on ebay you can tout it's in mint condition and although opened it even includes the original plastic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know of doomstink's trick - unfortunately, it won't work with Earthbound, because its box is literally 3 times the size of the normal SNES game box. Plus, I believe that it didn't come with plastic outer wrapping on the box.

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah I know of doomstink's trick - unfortunately, it won't work with Earthbound, because its box is literally 3 times the size of the normal SNES game box. Plus, I believe that it didn't come with plastic outer wrapping on the box.[/QUOTE]

Would it be worthwhile to send to the videogame grading authority to be encapsulated? Lol, I wonder if their "experts" check the save battery and everything.

I picked up Silent Hill black label and the strategy guide for $5. They were both in decent condition, but not the immaculate like I was hoping for... Ah well, still, my first Craigslist deal!

[quote name='neiname']If you are planning on selling that Earthbound and it is indeed mint condition here is a trick you can use (courtesy to another CAG member who shall remain nameless). Buy the cheapest factory sealed SNES game you can and carefully cut one seam of the plastic from the new game and remove it. Take the plastic and slip it over the Earthbound box. When you sell on ebay you can tout it's in mint condition and although opened it even includes the original plastic.[/QUOTE]

Stuff like this should result in a user ban. You are telling people how to scam, and actively encourage it.

Do NOT describe how to commit fraud on these boards! That garbage is not permitted here.

Posts deleted and notes were left on the profiles of the users who encouraged this behavior. DON'T do it again.

I must heartily protest the notion that my advice for using a grading service constitutes fraud. I understand if you had to arm the nukes, but watch out for collateral damage next time.

I don't deserve a black mark for simply being nearby the scene of a crime, and if one exists, I DEMAND that this moderator's decision be reviewed and that my record be expunged. Thank you.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I must heartily protest the notion that my advice for using a grading service constitutes fraud. I understand if you had to arm the nukes, but watch out for collateral damage next time.

I don't deserve a black mark for simply being nearby the scene of a crime, and if one exists, I DEMAND that this moderator's decision be reviewed and that my record be expunged. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

You don't "demand" anything here. It's not a democracy. Moderator's decisions are almost always final, which doesn't change the fact that your hot air is simply that.. Indignant hot air. :D

[quote name='jaysapathy']You don't "demand" anything here. It's not a democracy. Moderator's decisions are almost always final, which doesn't change the fact that your hot air is simply that.. Indignant hot air. :D[/QUOTE]

Like police officers there are other moderators on hand, and you can be sure I'll contact them with my questions and concerns if need be. *nod*

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I must heartily protest the notion that my advice for using a grading service constitutes fraud. I understand if you had to arm the nukes, but watch out for collateral damage next time.

I don't deserve a black mark for simply being nearby the scene of a crime, and if one exists, I DEMAND that this moderator's decision be reviewed and that my record be expunged. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember what you posted but the real black mark was the person who suggested a way of faking a game as being sealed. Try sending a polite PM instead of demanding.

Does anybody think it would be a good deal for me to sell:

A SNES system
Power Cable
1 controller
Cool World
NHL Stanley Cup
Paperboy 2
Super Bases Loaded
Spiderman X-men: Arcade's Revenge
Beethoven
Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition
Simearth The Living Planet
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
Donkey Kong Country
Addams Family Values
Joe and Mac
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario All-Stars
Home Alone
Chester Cheetah too Cool to Fool

All for $50? I have another system, and extras of Donkey Kong Country, the Mario games, and Paperboy 2.

Not exactly a find more of a just missed. Emailed them 30 minutes after posted and somebody was on the way to pick it up:( It was 1.5 hour drive .
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/vgm/1764841809.html
Cheap Super Nintendo Games
found some old snes games in my attic. They use to belong to my son, but now he has moved and has no need for them. Neither do I. Here are the following

Megaman X
Megaman X 2
Megaman X 3
Street Fighter 2 turbo
Street Fighter Alpha
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Secret of Mana 2
Secret of Evermore
Harvest Moon
Ogre Battle
Donkey Kong 1, 2 , and 3

$ 5 dollar each

[quote name='sporty50']Not exactly a find more of a just missed. Emailed them 30 minutes after posted and somebody was on the way to pick it up:( It was 1.5 hour drive .
found some old snes games in my attic. They use to belong to my son, but now he has moved and has no need for them. Neither do I. Here are the following

Megaman X
Megaman X 2
Megaman X 3
Street Fighter 2 turbo
Street Fighter Alpha
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Secret of Mana 2
Secret of Evermore
Harvest Moon
Ogre Battle
Donkey Kong 1, 2 , and 3

$ 5 dollar each[/QUOTE]

Well I clicked the ad you posted, and it doesn't look like that guy bought all of them, though I have no idea why not.

I just got the email from the guy saying the ad was just updated.I hope I can pick them up in the morning.hopefully he still has the ones below to make it worth the 82 mile trip.
Earthbound -
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Evermore
Harvest Moon - Pending
Ogre Battle - Pending

[quote name='sporty50']Not exactly a find more of a just missed. Emailed them 30 minutes after posted and somebody was on the way to pick it up:( It was 1.5 hour drive .

Megaman X
Megaman X 2
Megaman X 3
Street Fighter 2 turbo
Street Fighter Alpha
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Secret of Mana 2
Secret of Evermore
Harvest Moon
Ogre Battle
Donkey Kong 1, 2 , and 3

$ 5 dollar each[/QUOTE]

I hope to God that if you do actually waste your time and gas on that wild goose chase, it is legit...but I'm sure it's not real.

Guaranteed the ad is bullshit. There was no Secret of Mana 2 for the SNES only the Super Famicom, and no way would ANYONE cherry pick the games that were allegedly already "sold" and leave Earthbound, Ogre Battle, Harvest Moon, DKC3, Megaman X2, Chrono Trigger etc. Also, that's almost a form ad extremely similar to MANY that we've seen all over craigslist touting extreme rarities/high values for VERY cheap, "found in an attic/belonged to my kid". Every month someone posts an ad here like that or in the CL finds thread along those lines, where if they even get a response, the guy will say "oh I just sold them" etc. I remember one about "complete NES games found in attic for sale for $50 total" and they listed ultra rares like Snow Brothers, Panic Restaurant, Flintstones Dino Peak, Rescue Rangers 2, Cheetah Men 2, Bubble Bobble 2 etc. - nothing but A+ and ultra rare games.

I hope you do get them, but if it's too good to be true, it usually is. At least on my craigslist. I have to look in the Inland Empire, OC, and Ventura/Simi Valley CL to find good deals. And I think whoever posted that ad is just looking to waste people's time and gas, the fucker.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']I hope to God that if you do actually waste your time and gas on that wild goose chase, it is legit...but I'm sure it's not real.

Guaranteed the ad is bullshit. There was no Secret of Mana 2 for the SNES only the Super Famicom, and no way would ANYONE cherry pick the games that were allegedly already "sold" and leave Earthbound, Ogre Battle, Harvest Moon, DKC3, Megaman X2, Chrono Trigger etc. Also, that's almost a form ad extremely similar to MANY that we've seen all over craigslist touting extreme rarities/high values for VERY cheap, "found in an attic/belonged to my kid". Every month someone posts an ad here like that or in the CL finds thread along those lines, where if they even get a response, the guy will say "oh I just sold them" etc. I remember one about "complete NES games found in attic for sale for $50 total" and they listed ultra rares like Snow Brothers, Panic Restaurant, Flintstones Dino Peak, Rescue Rangers 2, Cheetah Men 2, Bubble Bobble 2 etc. - nothing but A+ and ultra rare games.

I hope you do get them, but if it's too good to be true, it usually is. At least on my craigslist. I have to look in the Inland Empire, OC, and Ventura/Simi Valley CL to find good deals. And I think whoever posted that ad is just looking to waste people's time and gas, the fucker.[/QUOTE]

There are mod carts for Secret of Mana 2, but I thought they sold at something like $60 a pop. :hot:

I second that this ad is fake; it's too well organized and the price is too low. Only a collector or a very particular buyer would assemble a collection like that, and even if they wanted to liquidate it quickly it would be placed at 50-70% face value.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']There are mod carts for Secret of Mana 2, but I thought they sold at something like $60 a pop. :hot:

I second that this ad is fake; it's too well organized and the price is too low. Only a collector or a very particular buyer would assemble a collection like that, and even if they wanted to liquidate it quickly it would be placed at 50-70% face value.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know about the mod carts...but I just don't buy that ad.

Although, hope springs eternal, and like that insane SNES score I made a couple of weeks ago, you never know. As sketchy and fake an ad may seem, there is that glimmer of hope. I just know I've come across my share of flakes and BS ads, hell for every 1 truly incredible score there's who knows how many dozens or hundreds that you miss or are too late on, or BS.

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, I know about the mod carts...but I just don't buy that ad.

Although, hope springs eternal, and like that insane SNES score I made a couple of weeks ago, you never know. As sketchy and fake an ad may seem, there is that glimmer of hope. I just know I've come across my share of flakes and BS ads, hell for every 1 truly incredible score there's who knows how many dozens or hundreds that you miss or are too late on, or BS.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Sometimes the heavens just crack open and you meet the clean-cut dude who has a shitload of goodies in his basement :hot:

Isn't there some guy who posts fake ads out in california somewhere? They always advertise bubble babes, duck tales, earthbound and all those for a cheap price but you never get an answer and the ad gets flagged...

that dinosaur peak flinstones game too

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Isn't there some guy who posts fake ads out in california somewhere? They always advertise bubble babes, duck tales, earthbound and all those for a cheap price but you never get an answer and the ad gets flagged...

that dinosaur peak flinstones game too[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I have my suspicions as to who that is (cough cough YOU, YeOldeMario, YOU FLOL :lol:).

I still always respond to the ads, because although it's obviously too good to be true, I've had some simply insane scores as you all know, as have others, by being relentless and taking the gamble.

It's happening in LA too!!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/vgm/1766012666.html

I found some old super nitendo snes games in my attic. They use to belong to my son, but now he has moved and has no need for them. I do not have the video game player only the games. Some come with boxes and instruction pamphlets. Here is what is available. I am asking $5 each, or $100 for all of them.

Megaman X
Megaman X 2
Megaman X 3
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Final Fight 1, 2, 3, and Final Fight Gay
Street Fighter Alpha
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Harvest Moon
Super Castlevania 4
Castlevania Dracula X
Ninja Gaiden: Trilogy
Super Mario World (2 copies)
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario All Stars & World (2 copies)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Adventure Island
Ogre Battle
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3

$ 5 dollar each

Call me if interested, 223-3170

:lol: those fake ads are hilarious. Tempting to put one up with a fake email just to see the responses.

"Hello kind sir, I remember some of these games from my childhood and would like to relive those days. Moreover, my son and daughter have cancer with aids on top and would love to have them for their birthdays (might be their last birthdays.) My kids also really want the game Stadium Events, please check if you have that one too."

I picked up a white Game Boy Advance for $5.

The screen is kind of scratched, but for that price I don't care. I think I'm gonna put in an LED backlight (or front light).

I also recently scored a Super Nintendo w/ the original box, 2 controllers, & NBA Jam TE for $20.

bread's done
Back