The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='ninja dog']:lol: those fake ads are hilarious. Tempting to put one up with a fake email just to see the responses.

"Hello kind sir, I remember some of these games from my childhood and would like to relive those days. Moreover, my son and daughter have cancer with aids on top and would love to have them for their birthdays (might be their last birthdays.) My kids also really want the game Stadium Events, please check if you have that one too."[/QUOTE]
I've been tempted to post an ad with my sealed games (most of which fetch $100+, with some even $200+), and pretend like I have no clue what they're worth, just to see how many insane lowball offers I get. Maybe even mix them up with some of my more common sealed games for the people that like to cherry-pick. Haven't gotten around to it, though. One of these days.

That whole deal sounds fishy. Why would that person's son pretty much only have the rare games for the system? Usually you'll find that people have 70% shitty games and 30% rare ones at most. Not 95% rare ones. I would be skeptical on the post unless the seller could provide pictures.

EDIT: Just realized I wasn't looking at the last page when I posted this, but this post is in regards to the SNES games at the end of last page. Looks like everyone is in agreement that it is a scam now. I would've thought that from the start.

I broke my iPhone the other day and told myself I wasnt going to buy another iphone till the newest one is announced/released. So I was on a quest to find a cheap ipod touch till then so I could listen to my music while at work and play the games on my lunch break. So this is how it went down ;)

Yesterday afternoon I met up and looked at a 3rd Gen 32GB iPod Touch for $175. The price was cheap because on the ad it stated there were minor scratches on the screen but when I got there, the iTouch had a Screen Protector. I asked him if I could remove it to see the scratches and he says " sure ", I took it off and guess what......There were absolutely no scratches on the screen " SCORE !! " . I gave him the $175 and got outa there. ( now it is already jailbroken so I can play homebrew games and such :D )

Overall great deal as they are going for $269.XX new on Amazon

Here are some of my recent Craigslist finds:

$50
Breath of Fire (cartridge only)
Breath of Fire 2 (cartridge only)
Final Fantasy 2 (cartridge only)
Lufia 2 (catridge only)
Final Fantasy 7 (black label, complete)

$40 (all cartridges only)
Battletoads in Battlemanics (2X)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
TMNT4: Turtles in Time
TMNT Fighters
Donkey Kong Country
Super Double Dragon
Megaman Soccer

$120
Arc the Lad Collection (complete with everything)
Lunar 2 Collection (complete minus the map)
Twisted Metal 2 (black label/complete)
Grandia (no manual)
Star Ocean: Second Story (complete)
Hoshigami (complete)
Resident Evil (black label/complete)

$60 (all games complete with manual/boxes)
LoZ: Ocarina of Time (collector's edition)
Mariokart 64
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye
Starfox 64
Gauntlet Legends
Turok 2
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Castlevania
Fifa '99

LoZ: Ocarina of Time, Official Nintendo Player's Guide
Turok 2 Guide

Had some pretty good luck with craigslist lately, after a long dry spell of a month with barely anything. All this has happened in the past two weeks. I paid probably a little to much for the PS1 games with the Lunar 2 and Arc the Lad, but I can easily get $120 for the Lunar 2, Arc the Lad, Star Ocean, and Grandia. I just really wanted the black label Resident Evil, and Hoshigami which are both in mint condition.

What do yall think?

[quote name='budsmoka']Only one question. IS the Resident Evil in a long case?[/QUOTE]

No, but I have the Resident Evil in a long case, and now the one in a regular jewel case.

Scored: Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and Star Ocean: The Second Story for $40 altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver Gamecube w/hook ups
Silver wired controller
LOZ: Twilight Princess
LOZ: Collectors Edition
James Bond NightFire

got all for $35... good deal?

Whats a good price for 32 CIB Atari 7800 games? Seller has them listed for $125
Ace of Aces
Asteroids
Ballblazer
Barnyard Blaster
Centipede
Commando
Crossbow
Dark Chambers
Desert Falcon
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Food Fight
Galaga
Hat Trick
Jinks
Joust
Karateka
Meltdown
Midnight Mutants
Ms. Pac-Man
Ninja Golf
One-on-One Basketball
Pole Position II (This game is sealed in the original box.)
RealSports Baseball
Robotron 2084
Scrapyard Dog
Super Huey UH-IX
Tower Toppler
Winter Games
Xenophobe
Xevious

Was up late last night and found me a steal off CL. I had been wanting to get a PS2 for a while now but wanted to find a good deal and didn't want to spend more than 50. So I was up around midnight or so and found this ad.

PS2 System (Fat one with power and AV cables)
Logitech wireless controller and receiver
1 PS2 Memory card, 1 PS1 Memory card

Games

Beyond Good and Evil
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition
Flipnic
Getting Up
Gran Turismo 4
Killzone
Lego Batman
Lego Star Wars
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Persona 3
Psychonauts
Red Star, The
R-Type Final
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Twisted Metal: Black

PS1 Games

N20: Nitrous Oxide
Elemental Gearbolt
Tempest X3
Colony Wars

Picked it up, system also came with the network adapter (now to find a hdd). and Black as well. All but 3 games were complete. Also came with a guncon as well. Only GH one was black as well.

Tomorrow (today actually) I'm picking up an NES w/ 2 controllers, Zelda (first one), Final Fantasy, Tecmo Bowl, Maniac Mansion, & Tetris for $30.

While not an uber deal, to me 2 of those games are worth the price alone.

With the exception of Tecmo Bowl, those are my fav NES games of all time. Maniac Mansion is definitely one of my top 5.

I wouldn't pay more then $150 for that Xbox lot, maybe not even that. Guess it depends on how bad you want. Ask him if he keeps the controller's, will he knock off $100, lol.

Well I picked up that NES lot today for $30. Unbeknownst to me ahead of time, Final Fantasy was in the original box complete w/ manual! :hot:

Also when I got in my van to leave, I just looked in the bag again to see if there were any other goodies she forgot to mention. I opened the lid to the NES & inside was Super Mario Bros., which wasn't listed in the original ad.

Pretty damn good (to me) bundle of games w/ the system & 2 controllers.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Every rare/valuable SNES game for $5 each[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's probably another one of the clowns posting fake ads - like the one that showed up in LA last week or so, and in Texas somewhere before that. "Found these in my attic/basement, most are complete blah blah blah" and goes on to list just about every high value/rarity on SNES or NES?

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, it's probably another one of the clowns posting fake ads - like the one that showed up in LA last week or so, and in Texas somewhere before that. "Found these in my attic/basement, most are complete blah blah blah" and goes on to list just about every high value/rarity on SNES or NES?[/QUOTE]

...Why exactly do people do that?

They get a boner over saying "Ha ha, joke's on you"?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AlphaPanda']...Why exactly do people do that?

They get a boner over saying "Ha ha, joke's on you"?[/QUOTE]

Apparently...there have been numerous reports over the years.

I'm waiting to hear back from someone selling a blue ds lite for $10. The ad says that the top screen flickers. Here's to hoping they still have it.

[quote name='BlackwaterMerk']probably cuz who ever bought it figured out that slim ps3's aren't backwards compatible.[/QUOTE]

Yep, thats why i bought a PS3, to play PS2 games.

that's why I did... well that and a blue ray player. Since I have a 360, and everyone I knows plays on 360 I don't have a use for buying current gen games for the ps3.

Picked up:

Ogre Battle 64
Donkey Kong 64
Pokemon Snap (label is yuck)
1080 Snowboarding
Pokemon Stadium
Perfect Dark
WWF Attitude
WCW Nitro
WWF No Mercy
Banjo Kazooie
MYSTERIOUS LABELELESS CART

Mega Man X
Mario World
Supe Adventure Island
Kirby Super Star

$26

[quote name='Survivalism']It is a selling point to some folks.[/QUOTE]

thank you. The sole reason why I bought a Ps3 is because I could play ps2 and ps1 games. My ps2 went to my nephew when I got a 360 and my ps1 went to my friend deon when I got a ps2.

I responded to an ad for 4 game systems and some games for $75.

I asked for a list of the games. I got sent the following:

System: PS2+ 3 controllers, 2 are older controllers from PSone
Suikoden; soulcaliber2; suikoden 2; castlevania SOTN; Castlevania curse of darkness; dragon quest 7; final fantasy 6 (unopened); final fantasy origins (unopened); smackdown; castlevania-lament of innocence; contra-shattered soldier;Rygar-PS2;soulcaliber 3; tekken3; mortal kombat-shaolin monks
Gamecube: + 2 controllers
eternal darkness; mariokart dash; warioworld; metroid prime2; super smash brothers; metroid prime; paper Mario; super Mario sunshine; f-zero gx; Zelda-windwaker; evolution worlds; starfox adventures; mortal kombat deadly alliance.
SNES: 4 controllers
Games: final fantasy 3; supermario world; supercastlevania 4; donkey-kong country; final fantasy 2;
Nintendo 64 have the system and controllers somewhere…..I found the following so far: 1 controller and the following games: Zelda-ocarina of time; WCW/NWO-revenge; marioparty; castlevania64; WCW v NWO; Killer instinct.
There are some cheating things like “action replay” and I don’t have the time to figure out what is for what…..

Ok ... so i immediately send my number and say Ill meet today. 10 minutes later I get a call... so I got o pick it up at his house. He comes out with a cart of stuff. Everything above is there. Here are the additions:

snes game genie with like 8 guides, ssb64, gameshark64,mariokart64,ff6(unopened) was really ff9(unopened), super mario world, a supernintendo turbo adapter, a ps2 to gc and xbox adapter, he found the n64(dusty) with a rumble pak and a memory card, a n64 arcade stick, 4 n64 controllers, extra set of ps2 connections, a psone(old), a ps1 gameshark, a usb keyboard, a set of dell speakers, and a crapload of guides:
Suikoden 2, FFX, wild arms, nintendo power megaman x, metroid prime 2, metroid prime, paper mariosuper mario 64, warioworld, DQ8, the four castlevanias, loz oot, loz ww, evolution worlds, ff3, soul calibur 2 and 3, tomb raider, mortal kombat 3 and shoalin, and finally 3 ultima underworld 2 books.

nice aint it? $75 and about $1 in gas

[quote name='kobberbean']I responded to an ad for 4 game systems and some games for $75.

Suikoden; soulcaliber2; suikoden 2; castlevania SOTN; Castlevania curse of darkness; dragon quest 7; final fantasy 6 (unopened); final fantasy origins (unopened); smackdown; castlevania-lament of innocence; contra-shattered soldier;Rygar-PS2;soulcaliber 3; tekken3; mortal kombat-shaolin monks
eternal darkness; mariokart dash; warioworld; metroid prime2; super smash brothers; metroid prime; paper Mario; super Mario sunshine; f-zero gx; Zelda-windwaker; evolution worlds; starfox adventures; mortal kombat deadly alliance.
Games: final fantasy 3; supermario world; supercastlevania 4; donkey-kong country; final fantasy 2;
Nintendo 64 have the system and controllers somewhere…..I found the following so far: 1 controller and the following games: Zelda-ocarina of time; WCW/NWO-revenge; marioparty; castlevania64; WCW v NWO; Killer instinct.
There are some cheating things like “action replay” and I don’t have the time to figure out what is for what…..

Ok ... so i immediately send my number and say Ill meet today. 10 minutes later I get a call... so I got o pick it up at his house. He comes out with a cart of stuff. Everything above is there. Here are the additions:

snes game genie with like 8 guides, ssb64, gameshark64,mariokart64,ff6(unopened) was really ff9(unopened), super mario world, a supernintendo turbo adapter, a ps2 to gc and xbox adapter, he found the n64(dusty) with a rumble pak and a memory card, a n64 arcade stick, 4 n64 controllers, extra set of ps2 connections, a psone(old), a ps1 gameshark, a usb keyboard, a set of dell speakers, and a crapload of guides:
Suikoden 2, FFX, wild arms, nintendo power megaman x, metroid prime 2, metroid prime, paper mariosuper mario 64, warioworld, DQ8, the four castlevanias, loz oot, loz ww, evolution worlds, ff3, soul calibur 2 and 3, tomb raider, mortal kombat 3 and shoalin, and finally 3 ultima underworld 2 books.

nice aint it? $75 and about $1 in gas[/QUOTE]

Very nice

[quote name='kobberbean']I responded to an ad for 4 game systems and some games for $75.

nice aint it? $75 and about $1 in gas[/QUOTE]

What do you do to find ads like these?

Let me know how you think I did. I know I can make my money back on selling the rarer games (only plan on keeping about 10 of the games plus the strategy guides:

$250

SNES with all the hook-ups, 2 controllers, and super advantage controller
Final Fantasy III (Complete in Box)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Chrono Trigger (with both Maps)
Lufia (with manual)
Lufia 2
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Mario RPG (with manual)
Legend of Zelda: a link to the past
Dracula X (with manual)
Mega Man X (with manual)
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World
Mario Paint
Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat III
Primal Rage
Spawn
Alien vs Predator
The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse
The Adventures of Mighty Max
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Battletoads and Double Dragon
Justice League task force
Captain America and the Avengers
The Incredible Hulk
Spiderman and Venom: Maximum Carnage
Spiderman X-men: Arcade's Revenge
Demolition Man
Judge Dredd
Monopoly
Clue
Star Fox
Game Genie
Super Game Boy

Game Boy:

Kirby's Dreamland
Kirby's Dreamland II
Tiny Toons adventures: Wacky Sports
Battletoads
The Catlevania Adventure
Pokemon Blue

PSone (All complete unless noted):

Final Fantasy Origins (Black Label)
Fianl Fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Anthologies
Final Fantasy VII (Black Label, No Manual)
Final Fantasy VIII (Black Label)
Final Fantasy IX (Black Label)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Greatest Hits)
Chrono Cross (Black Label)
Wild Arms
Castlevania SoTN (Black Label)
Bushido Blade
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
Treasues of the Deep
Dino Crisis 2
Two 1 MB memory cards

Guides:
Chrono Cross Guide
Duke Nukem 64
Game Genie code book and programming guide
Super Game Boy guide
Super NES Players Guide
Star Fox 64 Guide
Bushido Blade fighters Guide
Mortal Kombat 3 official power play Guide
Totally Unauthorized guide to Super Street Fighter II
Super Mario 64
South Park Guide (n64 edition)
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Secret of Mana Guide
Secret of Evermore Guide
Final Fantasy Chronicles Guide
Final Fantasy Anthology Guide
Final Fantasy 8 Guide
Final Fantasy 9 Guide
Final Fantasy 10 Guide
Final Fantasy 12 Limited Edition Guide with Artbook
Kingdom Hearts Guide
Castlevania Curse of Darkness Guide

PS2 (both in perfect condition):
Tales of the Abyss
Castlevania Curse of Darkness

Wii (Complete):
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Went old school and found a Dreamcast, 4 controllers, 4 VMUs, a Keyboard & a few games for $35....still hunting though....my 3 year old now loves Crazy Taxi!

Picked up 33 MIB (except one) Atari 7800 games. Probably overpaid, but I'm a sucker for MIB retro games.

Ace of Aces
Asteroids
Ballblazer
Barnyard Blaster
Centipede
Cracked
Crossbow
Dark Chambers
Desert Falcon
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Food Fight
Galaga
Hat Trick
Jinks
Joust
Karateka
Meltdown
Midnight Mutants
Ms. Pac-Man
Ninja Golf
One-on-One Basketball
Pole Position II (sealed)
RealSports Baseball (x2)
Robotron 2084
Scrapyard Dog
Super Huey UH-IX
Tower Toppler
Winter Games
Xenophobe
Xevious (missing instructions)

It was pure luck. I check the video game and electronics section from my comp or phone like 2 or 3 times a day. It was deceiving because his original post did not have any info... it was basically just "consoles and games for $75"

Phantasy Star 0
Mario & Luigi: Bower's Inside Story
Yoshi's Island DS

(DS And All Complete) $33

Craigslist around here isn't that great but a few times a year I'll find something of interest to me from somebody that is actually serious (and reasonable) about making a sale. In order listed was asking 15,20,5 and I shot an e-mail offering $35 for the three. Meet up and everything was good but the guy didn't have a $5 for change from $40 and I could only do $33 without getting change back with the bills I had.

Small world as this actually ended up being the same guy I bought about 50 Genesis games from last year at his yardsale. This was last September IIRC but they actually did the street sale today which I passed on since I was at it last year and BSing with the guy he wasen't selling anything today and it sounded like he wasen't in this year as they didn't have much around the house to sell.

[quote name='Krullwolf']Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Captain America and the Avengers
Spiderman and Venom: Maximum Carnage[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you'd be willing to sell any of these. I'll shoot you a PM about it

can someone tell me if this was a good pickup i got

3 gamecubes all cords and everything, 3 controllers, 1080 snow boarding, shadow the hedgehog, and wave race
2 xboxs with origional cables, 3 controllers, Halo, Lego star wars 2, madden 05, need for speed underground, clone wars/ tetris dual disk, king kong, nfl fever 2003, tony hawks pro skater 4, blynx the time sweeper
1 ps1 all cords,3 controllers and gun controler, area 51, frogger, monopoly, tetris plus, and the next tetris

all for 100$

bread's done
Back