The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='nnthomas']Honestly, not really imo. If you plan on flipping you'll be lucky to break even.[/QUOTE]

This =3

Also, FF7 seems to be much lower nowadays, I see it end way too often at $20 to stick one of my 3 copies up on ebay, so I'm holding on to it. At that price, I'd rather keep it.

I traded my psp go for a psp 2000 with a 2 gig memory card mlb10the show, a blue ds and mario cart, and a 16 gig itouch i think it was one of the bst trades i made

[quote name='mrplow888']can someone tell me if this was a good pickup i got

3 gamecubes all cords and everything, 3 controllers, 1080 snow boarding, shadow the hedgehog, and wave race
2 xboxs with origional cables, 3 controllers, Halo, Lego star wars 2, madden 05, need for speed underground, clone wars/ tetris dual disk, king kong, nfl fever 2003, tony hawks pro skater 4, blynx the time sweeper
1 ps1 all cords,3 controllers and gun controler, area 51, frogger, monopoly, tetris plus, and the next tetris

all for 100$[/QUOTE]

Sell 5 gamecubes / xboxs @ $15 apiece = $75, keep the games or flip them separately. Not worth the trouble unless you really need one of those systems in my opinion. It's better to get a gamecube with seven games for $35 and have two of those games as $15 flips; you should be able to get ps1's, xboxs and gamecubes for free if you have a sharp eye.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Anyone have any experience with broken PSPs?

Guy is selling one on Craigslist for $35 that doesn't read discs. Is it an easy fix?[/QUOTE]

Hack it lol. Custom firm wear and emulators.

Guy is selling one on Craigslist for $35 that doesn't read discs. Is it an easy fix?[/QUOTE]You can pick up a new UMD drive for under $20 shipped. I'd lowball them a little more, say $20 and stress the fact that it's nearly worthless if it doesn't read UMDs. Tell him you just want it for parts and don't mention anything about fixing it.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11471

Guy is selling one on Craigslist for $35 that doesn't read discs. Is it an easy fix?[/QUOTE]

Wow, no way I would pay anything over $10....

I see mint 1001s now for $50 all the time ...

$20 plus at least $20 to fix...and how do you know there are not additional issues?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Wrong thread there buddy.[/QUOTE]

Dammit! Ah well, if a mod sees this, please move to the stupidity thread.

Meeting up with someone tomorrow for:

- Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN) (Generic GameStop case, probably disc only)
- Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GCN)
- Starfox Assault (GCN)
- SA2 Battle (GCN)
- Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GCN)
- Soul Calibur 2 (GCN)
- Animal Crossing (GCN)
- Starfox Adventure (GCN)
- XIII (GCN)

$40

He said all games were black label and not PC, but I wont find out until I meet up. I can always spit in his face and say PC games are no better than roadkill.

100_3946.jpg

Craigslist posting said many sealed games, come check it out. 27 Sealed NES games, $150. I think I overpaid, but they would not budge and it was all I had. I had to convince them but they were a real nice older couple and decided to sell me them all minus Shadowgate. Nothing great in there, but they do have Lionel price tags on them, so that blurred my cheapness with nostalgia.

Yeah, even though the selection is very "meh", you should be able to get your money back selling the dupes on amazon/eBay.

Nice score.

I'm pretty souped with my steal:

Guy listed "120GB PS3 with 5 Games and 1 Controller" for $200. Immediately it was a deal to me, even though the games weren't listed.

Turns out the PS3 was a 250GB, and the games were:
Modern Warfare 2
Bad Company 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
MGS4

needless to say I feel like I got away with murder. I'm looking to flip my current fat PS3 (which I only really used for Blu Ray) for 225-250, making a little profit. Idiots on craigslist are great.

Really didn't want to spend any more money this week, but dammit, couldn't pass up.

PS2 Slim with Joytech screen, which brings our current holdings of 4 PS2s. Came with remote, 2 official 8MB memory cards, 2 controllers (we have 8-9 now...) and 2 sets of composit cables. Fat cat just wanted to be in every shot.
dsc00349resized.jpg

Same cat.
dsc00350resized.jpg

Also came with Tales of the Abyss+Guide, Disgaea 2+guide+CD, Wild Arms 5+guide, Valkyrie Profile 2+guide, Persona3+guide, Persona4+guide, and some crap not worth mentioning, show in pic. Yep, same cat.
dsc00351resized.jpg

After I took the picture of the games, he immediately left and went to lay by the baby toy we picked up for GF's sister.
dsc00352resized.jpg

(Damage was $130)

[quote name='Ash Burton']
100_3946.jpg

Craigslist posting said many sealed games, come check it out. 27 Sealed NES games, $150. I think I overpaid, but they would not budge and it was all I had. I had to convince them but they were a real nice older couple and decided to sell me them all minus Shadowgate. Nothing great in there, but they do have Lionel price tags on them, so that blurred my cheapness with nostalgia.[/QUOTE]Some guy on the digital press forums got two sealed copies of Castlevania II from what I assume were the same people (nice old couple from craigslist,) you missed the good stuff!

[quote name='darkslime']Some guy on the digital press forums got two sealed copies of Castlevania II from what I assume were the same people (nice old couple from craigslist,) you missed the good stuff![/QUOTE]

I know, I was supposed to meet with them weeks ago but stuff came up. Anyways, just flipped Gremlins 2 for $80 so I'm half way to recovering my money.

LOL if FGC (Fat Gray Cat) came with that PS2 bundle, it would be a Score of the Year instead of just an awesome score.

Fat Cat is fat.

Darkslime, did the guy on the digital press forums get anything else, or just the 2 sealed Castlevania 2's?

[quote name='karkyco']
Darkslime, did the guy on the digital press forums get anything else, or just the 2 sealed Castlevania 2's?[/QUOTE]I think he got copies of Gargoyles 2, both copies of CV2, NES Open and GI Joe. Castlevania 2 seems to be the only NES game they had worth a lot.

[quote name='nnthomas']I don't need a guide if that is what you mean[/QUOTE]

I mean I'm keeping the boxed edition, because it's replacing my disk+case+manual, without artbook/outerbox edition. The original one is up for grabs though.

Oh that's fine too! I just never played WA5 (I have beat them all) so I would like to pick a copy up. Is it on your list? I will look at it later today.

[quote name='nnthomas']Oh that's fine too! I just never played WA5 (I have beat them all) so I would like to pick a copy up. Is it on your list? I will look at it later today.[/QUOTE]

It might not be, but assume it's there =P

[quote name='darkslime']Some guy on the digital press forums got two sealed copies of Castlevania II from what I assume were the same people (nice old couple from craigslist,) you missed the good stuff![/QUOTE]

I see most of you guys post more on DP than here. I also see that there is more competition in my area than I had originally thought.

[quote name='darkslime']I think he got copies of Gargoyles 2, both copies of CV2, NES Open and GI Joe. Castlevania 2 seems to be the only NES game they had worth a lot.[/QUOTE]

Same one, they had offered me GQ2 and the other games I just could not make it there that week. I couldn't find anything on Digital Press, the forums there are a clusterfuck. Oh well, no biggie I already have Castlevania 2 sealed so no big loss. Strange that he would grab those games and NES Open, lol.

[quote name='Ash Burton']Same one, they had offered me GQ2 and the other games I just could not make it there that week. I couldn't find anything on Digital Press, the forums there are a clusterfuck. Oh well, no biggie I already have Castlevania 2 sealed so no big loss. Strange that he would grab those games and NES Open, lol.[/QUOTE]

You would have to join DP to see the forum this was posted in and at that you would have to wait 10 days to view it after signing up IIRC. I think these games were much more then you paid originally, Gargoyle's Quest II was $20 (which sounds good to me without looking it up I would have grabbed it but I also had the first Gargoyle's Quest back in the day and liked it) and I don't remember for sure but I think Castlevania 3 was like $40-50. Some of the games were expensive I seem to recall them wanting $90 for NES Open. The rest of the games the prices were all different like $20ish up to close to $100. It sounds to me like by the time you got to what was left they were willing to drop the prices down to get rid of them.

Edit - Reading DS's post I think he had some of the info wrong, it was Castlevania 3 (One guy bought both of them). NES Open was left behind since they wanted $90 for it and it was G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor.

Sigh, I guess due to popular demand...

Hey baby, I smoke bud and fat people are stupid and I just applied at GameStop:
dsc00313resized.jpg

Girls night out. I'm trying to fit in.
dsc00324resized.jpg

Woof woof!
dsc00321resized.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']lol my cats are going to become memes[/QUOTE]

Cats? I only see the big poppa...what, did he eat your other cats?

[quote name='karkyco']Cats? I only see the big poppa...what, did he eat your other cats?[/QUOTE]

There was another one in a picture in the yard sale thread =P

Up for sale is one 60GB PlayStation 3 game console, one Sixaxis wireless controller, power cord, ethernet cord, and HDMI cable. This is the console version that will play PS2 games as well.

The console is in very good condition, lightly used, and no defects whatsoever.

Price is $175, non-negotiable, but I am open to trades and other offers.

How does this deal sound, for a PS2 compatible PS3?

[quote name='Be3fJerky']How does this deal sound, for a PS2 compatible PS3?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good as long as it does indeed work fine. I'd try to see what he'd be interested in trading for it as well...

bread's done
Back