The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Shazyzang']I need some advice: a guy posted a wanted ad for Fallout 3 GotY 360, and I said I wanted $45 for it. He replied with $35. How much does it regularly sell for used in stores? Should I take $35?[/QUOTE]

Grab that $35 before he does a lil research and finds it for less.

We live in Canada, and I haven't found any deals for it. Also, his offer was actually $35 and Fable 2 (I didn't understand his wording).

These worth anything?

Final fantasy IX original black label
Parasite Eve original black label
Resident Evil 2 original black label
Soya Frontier original black label
Dragon Warrior VII original black label
Xenogears original black label

This seems too good to be true and probably is. I sent him a message asking if its banned from live.

Looking to sell an Xbox 360 Elite. In spectacular condition. Not 1 scratch or dent. 120 GB harddrive. Includes
Four Wireless Controller
HD composite cables
Two Black Wireless Headsets
XBox 360 Universal Remote
Original Cords
Wireless N Adapter.

I'm also including six games: Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield: Bad Company, Gears of War 2, Mass Effect 2, and Red Dead Redemption.

i found a listing in a nearby town for an xbox 360 elite, 4 controllers, 6 games (rdr,me2,gow2,new splinter cell), and more accessories all for 130 seems too good to be true. no phone number or pics. I sent them a message, we'll see what happens.

[quote name='Jesse757x']i found a listing in a nearby town for an xbox 360 elite, 4 controllers, 6 games (rdr,me2,gow2,new splinter cell), and more accessories all for 130 seems too good to be true. no phone number or pics. I sent them a message, we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, at the end of it they say something like "you can have the box and instructions as well if you'd like". I haven't looked into it, but it's clearly some sort of scam, about 3 of them pop up in my searches every day, always with a different city but the same general message, and always priced at $130

[quote name='eastshore4']Let me guess, at the end of it they say something like "you can have the box and instructions as well if you'd like". I haven't looked into it, but it's clearly some sort of scam, about 3 of them pop up in my searches every day, always with a different city but the same general message, and always priced at $130[/QUOTE]
yea your right i just did a search on google and i see a bunch of other posts with the exact games, etc.

It's one of those sign up spam/scams, where they'll reply with "oh I don't have it any more, but I won it for free at site X, here's the link, just go there and follow the instructions and you can win one too".

This guy is selling 2 Atari Lynxes, an N64, a Model 1 Genesis, a model 2 Genesis, a Genesis/Sega CD, a Dreamcast and a Saturn for $150. What should I offer him? I'd probably keep the Genesis/CD, Dreamcast, Saturn and N64 and flip the rest to recoup some of my costs.

[quote name='Mizzou75']This guy is selling 2 Atari Lynxes, an N64, a Model 1 Genesis, a model 2 Genesis, a Genesis/Sega CD, a Dreamcast and a Saturn for $150. What should I offer him? I'd probably keep the Genesis/CD, Dreamcast, Saturn and N64 and flip the rest to recoup some of my costs.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a $100? I don't like lots of systems alone; how do you know what works and what doesn't?

Yeah I'm waiting to hear back from him. He said he has pics so we'll see what's all included and how they look and all that before I move forward.

I got an N64 system w/ expansion pak, 5 controllers (3 first party, 2 third party), 4 memory cards, Tremor Pak, 3 extension cords (in sealed boxes) and 50 games.
40 of the games are complete (including Mario Party 3, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros, Mario Tennis, Dr. Mario 64) and the other 10 are cart only (including Mario Party 2, Mortal Kombat 4, Donkey Kong 64).

All for $50.

Here's the full list of games:

Mario Party 2
Donkey Kong 64
Mortal Kombat 4
Tonic Trouble
Spiderman
F-Zero X
Monster Truck Madness 64
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey 98
F-1 World Grand Prix

Dr Mario 64 complete
Xena complete
007 The World is not Enough complete
Ready to Rumble Boxing 2 complete
Paper Mario complete
Mario Tennis complete
Mario Party 3 complete
Super Smash Bros. complete
Paperboy complete
Wipeout 64 complete
WCW Backstage Assault complete
WWF Warzone complete
Pokemon Snap complete
Jetforce Gemini complete
Body Harvest complete
Chopper Attack complete
Knife Edge NoseGunner complete
Ready to Rumble Boxing complete
BattleTanx complete
BattleTanx Global Assault complete
Tom & Jerry in Fists of Furry complete
World Driver Championship complete
Power Rangers Light Speed Rescue complete
Rampage World Tour complete
Blast Corps complete
Gex 64 complete
Star Wars Rogue Squadron complete
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer complete
Cruis'n Exotica complete
Extreme-G complete
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 complete
Bassmasters 2000 complete
NBA Jam 99 complete
NFL Quarterback Club 2000 complete
NFL Quarterback Club 2001 complete
NHL Breakaway 98 complete
NHL 99 complete
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling complete
NBA Courtside w/ Kobe Bryant complete
Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest complete

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BHitmanW20']I got an N64 system w/ expansion pak, 5 controllers (3 first party, 2 third party), 4 memory cards, Tremor Pak, 3 extension cords (in sealed boxes) and 50 games.
40 of the games are complete (including Mario Party 3, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros, Mario Tennis, Dr. Mario 64) and the other 10 are cart only (including Mario Party 2, Mortal Kombat 4, Donkey Kong 64).

All for $50.[/QUOTE]

...Wow.

I...wow.

[quote name='BHitmanW20']I got an N64 system w/ expansion pak, 5 controllers (3 first party, 2 third party), 4 memory cards, Tremor Pak, 3 extension cords (in sealed boxes) and 50 games.

All for $50.[/QUOTE]

Pics?

[quote name='leftwing1018']Yeah you'll need a host, I usually just use imageshack.us[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I added pictures to my original post.

Wow, jesus man, 40 COMPLETE games alone would have warranted the $50, hell 20 complete games.

Usually whenever someone posts a great deal on craigslist in my area, it's sold within the hour.

All for $50.

Here's the full list of games:

Mario Party 2
Donkey Kong 64
Mortal Kombat 4
Tonic Trouble
Spiderman
F-Zero X
Monster Truck Madness 64
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey 98
F-1 World Grand Prix

Dr Mario 64 complete
Xena complete
007 The World is not Enough complete
Ready to Rumble Boxing 2 complete
Paper Mario complete
Mario Tennis complete
Mario Party 3 complete
Super Smash Bros. complete
Paperboy complete
Wipeout 64 complete
WCW Backstage Assault complete
WWF Warzone complete
Pokemon Snap complete
Jetforce Gemini complete
Body Harvest complete
Chopper Attack complete
Knife Edge NoseGunner complete
Ready to Rumble Boxing complete
BattleTanx complete
BattleTanx Global Assault complete
Tom & Jerry in Fists of Furry complete
World Driver Championship complete
Power Rangers Light Speed Rescue complete
Rampage World Tour complete
Blast Corps complete
Gex 64 complete
Star Wars Rogue Squadron complete
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer complete
Cruis'n Exotica complete
Extreme-G complete
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 complete
Bassmasters 2000 complete
NBA Jam 99 complete
NFL Quarterback Club 2000 complete
NFL Quarterback Club 2001 complete
NHL Breakaway 98 complete
NHL 99 complete
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling complete
NBA Courtside w/ Kobe Bryant complete
Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest complete

[/QUOTE]

Quoting this cause it's a great haul. Not the best selection of games, but considering the price, this is win. Great find.

picked up 15 ps3 games for $70.I had been looking at buying several of the games .So i will keep 5 of them and should make my money back on the rest.

god of war collection
god of war 3
meatal gear solid 4
Ghostbusters
Dante's inferno
The incredible Hulk
The club
Viking
devil may cry 4
legendary
conan
jericho
alien vs predator
condemed 2
Resistance 1

This made up for my mediocre garage sale week.

Picked up for $30 (including a PS1 with box):
db5ac140.jpg

Digimon World 2 is in better shape than the copy I have. Tomba 2 is going next to my Tomba.

I personally would get it. Just lunar though. Seems like sealed copies go for $130 or so on ebay, and they have many listed on amazon for $170~

Id ask asap though, before someone offers him more than what he listed. Happens here all the time.

[quote name='zenithyoda']You can sell the COD to make your money back, so it is a deal.

Freakin' Phoenix CL overcharges for everything[/QUOTE]

yeah no shit however i was pretty lucky picked up a 250 gig slim with 2 controllers and a crapload of new games for 250 from a lady in Queen Creek who had no clue what it was among the notables I got

Dantes Inferno
AvP
Transformers WFC
Borderlands
Mx Vs Atv Reflex
Brutal Legend
Fight Night IV
GTA IV
God Of War 3

There was more crappier ones that I sold for profit then turned around and sold the ps3 with god of war for 250 made my money back and kept the games... that and the blockbuster b1g1 has left me with a large backlog of games to keep my ass occupied for a bit:bouncy:

picked up 11 ps3 games and sixaxis controller for $75.

!.Turok
2. MLB 2k9
3.Lego Star Wars The complete Saga
4.Motorstorm
5.Lost Planet
6.Mx vs ATV Untamed
7.Blazing Angels 1
8.Killzone 2
9.Warhawk
10.Assassin's Creed
11. Assassin's Creed II

I've never sold or bought anything on CL, but I want to unload some n64 stuff. How would you guys price this.

N64 console
power and a/v cables
2 controllers
2 games: Mario 64, Goldeneye

[quote name='TiKi2']I've never sold or bought anything on CL, but I want to unload some n64 stuff. How would you guys price this.

N64 console
power and a/v cables
2 controllers
2 games: Mario 64, Goldeneye[/QUOTE]

I would say at most $40. Mario 64 is a better title, but could be easily found for under $10. Goldeneye is basically worthless. N64 controllers are worth at most $10 (I can go to the swap meet around here and pick one up for $8 any week). Single N64 console with 1 controller would be in the $20-$25 range. So $38-$45 range realistically, so $40 for the bundle.

^ If you take his advice and are willing to take $40, I'd ask for $60 (or expect a bunch of "Will you take $20?" e-mails), because people are going to attempt to haggle no matter what you price it at.

[quote name='elessar123']This made up for my mediocre garage sale week.

Picked up for $30 (including a PS1 with box):
db5ac140.jpg

Digimon World 2 is in better shape than the copy I have. Tomba 2 is going next to my Tomba.[/QUOTE]

Battle Hunter, if you have friends to sit down and play with, it's one of the best games ever released.

[quote name='ohram']Battle Hunter, if you have friends to sit down and play with, it's one of the best games ever released.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've never heard of it before, but it went into my collection already. Guess I'll see if my GF is up to it this weekend.

hell yea. I traded mass effect 2 for lego harry potter tonight. I'll probably end up trading in L:HP after I beat it, not bad ME2 has a TIV of $9 and L:HP has TIV for $20

[quote name='bigballin23']Is a working Xbox 360 with no hook ups worth $35.00? Think im going to get it.[/QUOTE]

Provided it actually works and hasn't just been toweled for Craigslist. I wonder why someone only wants $35 for a working Xbox.

Final Fantasy II & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time (SNES, Both Cart Only) - $10

Were $5 each, took almost 3 weeks to get this deal squared away since the seller was slow to reply to e-mails (over a week for the last reply) but I figured out why when I meet up as it was a kid that was maybe 10 years old.

Picked up a SCPH-79001 Silver PSTwo/Slim or whatever for $10 off CL. No cables, but I already had those and I picked up a matching silver DS2 for $5 at Kmart to go with it. :D

[quote name='dabamus']Picked up a SCPH-79001 Silver PSTwo/Slim or whatever for $10 off CL. No cables, but I already had those and I picked up a matching silver DS2 for $5 at Kmart to go with it. :D[/QUOTE]

Cool. Hope it works and the disc drive isn't messed up and won't even spin the games. Man if that happened to me, I'd go insane.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']If you're asking me, then yes :cool:[/QUOTE]

Not from CL, but I too found a great deal once on a 360. Xbox 360 Elite with a 120GB HDD that the guy thought was "broken" (screen wouldn't show picture) I think got for like $70. Just reset the image settings and it was "fixed"!:bomb:

bread's done
Back