The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='david12795']sold my 80gb ps3 (non bc) for $195[/QUOTE]

Is that a good gauge for what their worth?

I have an 80GB PS3 with BC that I need to get rid of. Got a new slim, and this one is just sitting there now.

But, I'm unsure of what they're really worth.

[quote name='Rig']Is that a good gauge for what their worth?

I have an 80GB PS3 with BC that I need to get rid of. Got a new slim, and this one is just sitting there now.

But, I'm unsure of what they're really worth.[/QUOTE]

You can probably get $150 for a quick sale, $180 if you're patient. You could get $200 if you throw in two controllers and a newer game.

[quote name='snowmint']Someone in my Craiglists is trying to sell Earthbound, FFIII, Megaman 10, and other games with a system for less than 70 dollars complete with boxes. They didn't leave any visible email or phone number but I've contacted by clicking and emailing their posting. I got to it two days after it was posted. Am I out of luck here? I really want this bad and they haven't responded within a week of their posting. If they do respond back should I ask for a lower figure to pay? Whats the best way to approach this.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a fake ad to mess with people (the complete with boxes makes me think this), if it's real it's probably long gone. I'm guessing that's Mega Man X also or an intentional error to make it look more so like they are somebody that doesn't know what they have if they are trying to mess with people.

hmm well i bought a slim from AWD for $177 so technically, it was a good deal for me since i got a free upgrade. but aside from that, its probably a good gauge since phat models are phased out. but im sure you can sell it for more than what i offered since its BC. i only offered mine at $195 cause i got a really great deal on a slim ps3

but other than that, it was a really MINT 80 gb ps3. i even threw in a an hdmi cable and a sealed copy of SR2. i even included the box. i probably should've sold it for more. but oh well.

Fallout 3 GOTY CE Guide for $20 good or bad?

Saw this offer on CL. Guy was 2 blocks from my job. As far as I can tell, it's mint with only the slightest traces of a bend on the cover. As if something heavy was placed on top of it.

Anyway I jumped on it and just wondering how I did. What do you think?

[quote name='rockalittle00']Fallout 3 GOTY CE Guide for $20 good or bad?

Saw this offer on CL. Guy was 2 blocks from my job. As far as I can tell, it's mint with only the slightest traces of a bend on the cover. As if something heavy was placed on top of it.

Anyway I jumped on it and just wondering how I did. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Considering that it trades in for $22 at Amazon I bet you could get a $20 profit selling it yourself even after fees (listing at $50ish).

[quote name='snowmint']Someone in my Craiglists is trying to sell Earthbound, FFIII, Megaman 10, and other games with a system for less than 70 dollars complete with boxes. They didn't leave any visible email or phone number but I've contacted by clicking and emailing their posting. I got to it two days after it was posted. Am I out of luck here? I really want this bad and they haven't responded within a week of their posting. If they do respond back should I ask for a lower figure to pay? Whats the best way to approach this.[/QUOTE]

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't a bullshit post. People post bogus ads that are too good to be true for a variety of crappy reasons - email collection/phishing for identies/financial info, but also to waste people's time and efforts and just to fuck with them in general.

This sounds like the classic meme that is floating around, gets posted all over the country, about some clueless person that finds a box or two of the rarest NES, SNES, and other system games complete in box and mint (sometimes sealed) in their attic/garage/basement, and is asking some absurdly low price for the lot. Did the ad have any pictures of the actual lot? I would send an email from a throwaway email address offering $300 cash for everything...just to see if they respond to that. Then if actually respond and tell you "aw we sold it" tell 'em it's worth 10 times what they were asking.

Late to the party, but I just sold my 80 gig BC PS3 for $300 on ebay. 'Course, I threw in a copy of Lost Planet 2 and Uncharted 2, but considering I picked those up during BBV's B1G1, it's no big loss.

i dont know why people still go apeshit for BC PS3's....do they not know they have a higher failure rate? :p

still trying to find a ps2... :/

[quote name='david12795']i dont know why people still go apeshit for BC PS3's....do they not know they have a higher failure rate? :p

still trying to find a ps2... :/[/QUOTE]

They upscale, and more convenient to have one console?

[quote name='elessar123']They upscale, and more convenient to have one console?[/QUOTE]

Upscaling doesn't really help shitty ps2 graphics look any better, space saving is the primary advantage.

Picked up Conker Live and reloaded for $2 off a women on craigslist today. It has the manual but needs the artwork figured it was still a good deal

Got a broken Thinkpad R40 (PM 1.3GHz, 512MB, 802.11b Wi-Fi) for $100. Got it to boot up after a BIOS upgrade, but the hard drive does have some bad spots and the DVD/CD-RW drive doesn't detect. Got a new hard drive on the way for $25, and I'll probably be able to live without an optical drive, so yay $125 laptop!

[quote name='SundayForever']Got a broken Thinkpad R40 (PM 1.3GHz, 512MB, 802.11b Wi-Fi) for $100. Got it to boot up after a BIOS upgrade, but the hard drive does have some bad spots and the DVD/CD-RW drive doesn't detect. Got a new hard drive on the way for $25, and I'll probably be able to live without an optical drive, so yay $125 laptop![/QUOTE]

You paid that much and it wasn't working? That isn't really a good deal to be honest, got two Dell Inspiron 9300's ( both work excellently, just one has a problem or two ) for $75.

[quote name='MYFIREMANISHUGE']You paid that much and it wasn't working? That isn't really a good deal to be honest, got two Dell Inspiron 9300's ( both work excellently, just one has a problem or two ) for $75.[/QUOTE]

YMMV on that

I found a PSone bundle listed in the general section last week with a very fuzzy picture. They were asking $25 for the bundle and I counted at least 25 games in the pic. I decided to go for it so I could have a PSone to use the lcd screen I bought on clearance at Kmart a few years ago.

What I got:
PSone console w/ hookups, 2 controllers (1 official, 1 3rd party)
NFL Gameday 97 complete
PGA Tour 98 complete
Nascar 2001 complete
Madden 2001 complete
Madden 2005 complete
Coolboarders 3 GH complete
Gran Turismo GH complete
Power Move Pro Wrestling complete
Tekken 2 complete
Crash Bandicoot complete
Crash Bandicoot 2 GH complete
Um Jammer Lammy no manual
Frogger GH complete
Stuart Little 2 complete
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets complete
Detective Barbie The Mystery Cruise complete (wow!)
Star Wars Rebel Assault II complete
Star Wars Dark Forces complete
Hexen complete
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus complete
Risk complete
Project Horned Owl complete
Steel Reign complete
Warhammer Shadow of the Horned Rat complete
Allied General complete
Vandal Hearts complete
Gunship complete (in original longbox with styrofoam insert).

The games and cases are immaculate. The only ones that aren't in that great of shape are a few of the crappy sports games.

Edit: Here's the pic from the original listing
3n43m63lb5v05p55r2b2sa6.th.jpg

I made a killing this weekend.
Nabbed 2 psp 1000's for $70 including 1 charger and one 32 mb memory stick. The units work but one of them is missing the analog stick nub thing and has a crack in the case. Any ideas where i can buy a new analog stick nub? Looked around and the only thing i can find is a replacement for the entire analogue module and i dont want to open it up unless i have to.

thanks,

[quote name='chimpian']I made a killing this weekend.
Nabbed 2 psp 1000's for $70 including 1 charger and one 32 mb memory stick. The units work but one of them is missing the analog stick nub thing and has a crack in the case. Any ideas where i can buy a new analog stick nub? Looked around and the only thing i can find is a replacement for the entire analogue module and i dont want to open it up unless i have to.

thanks,[/QUOTE]

DealExtreme.com usually has cheap (price and sometimes quality depending on what you buy) replacement parts for PSPs. Just keep in mind it's coming from China, so the shipping can be epic. They accept PayPal and I've shopped there multiple times, it's legit.

Picked up a PS2 bundle w/ like 28 PS2 games and 16 PS1 games... the guy's small list had me hopeful, so I picked it up for $50

It was all there, but my god are the discs and system in horrible condition. I took my risk... but there is some salvagable goods here. All Final Fantasy on PS1 (disc condition varying), Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4... etc.

But as it is, some of these discs would make baby jesus cry. Oh well, wasnt that huge of a loss at $50, I'll do what I can.

I dont even want to post a pic of it cause it would cause people to report the mods on me.

[quote name='nnthomas']Picked up a PS2 bundle w/ like 28 PS2 games and 16 PS1 games... the guy's small list had me hopeful, so I picked it up for $50

It was all there, but my god are the discs and system in horrible condition. I took my risk... but there is some salvagable goods here. All Final Fantasy on PS1 (disc condition varying), Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4... etc.

But as it is, some of these discs would make baby jesus cry. Oh well, wasnt that huge of a loss at $50, I'll do what I can.

I dont even want to post a pic of it cause it would cause people to report the mods on me.[/QUOTE]

Post the pics, I want to see how bad they are now.

Didnt take a picture, but here is what everything came with...

PS2 FAT - disc drive front plate ripped off, eject button funky, no power LED, no back HDD
plate - still works though!
1 PS2 Dualshock
1 PS1 Dualshock
1 regular PS1 pad
2 PS2 Memory Cards

PS1

Final Fantasy 7 - no manual, cracked case, discs scuffed
Resident Evil Director's Cut (GH)
Myst - slight smudge
Resident Evil 2
Final Fantasy VIII - Resurfaced discs, no manual
Final Fantasy VIII - No manual
Final Fantasy IX - No manual
Resident Evil 3
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2 - simulation disc/manual only (incomplete)
RC Helicopter - no manual, bad water damage inside
Soviet Strike - disc only
Nuclear Strike - disc only
Elmo's LEtter Adventure - who fucking cares
Elmo's Number Adventure - see above
Colony Wars - discs only
Colony Wars Vengeance - disc only

PS2

Devil May Cry - disc only, jumble of hairline scratches
Red Faction 2 - complete, disc has few hairline knicks
BloodRayne 2 - no manual
BloodRayne
Star Wars Starfighter (GH) - slight smudge
Final Fantasy XII - hairline
Silent Hill 2 - corner of front manual cover ripped
Grand Theft Auto 3 - broken case, no manual
Grand Theft Auto 3 - disc only
Resident Evil 4 - varying hairlines, etc.
Defender - practically new (like anyone would play this)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One - as if i care for this game
Max Payne - no manual
Final Fantasy X - no manual (resurfaced?)
Soul Reaver 2 - "iron scrub brushed" (just on one spot)
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Ace Combat 4 - case spine broken
Ace Combat 5 - scuffy disc
Simpsons Road Rage - no manual
Gauntlet Dark Legacy - case broken, disc scuffy
Call of Duty Finest Hour
Resident Evil Code Veronica X (GH) - disc only
Stunt GP - disc only (wtf is this game?)
Red Faction (GH)
Battle Engine Aquila
Heroes of the PAcific - Ruined, dont bother
GTA San Andreas - no manual, disc has cloudy stain
GTA San Andreas - disc only
GTA Vice City - disc only
Medal of Honor Frontline - disc only
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - disc only

Surprisingly the only decent quality games are the ones you would probably guess. The Final Fantasies and the Resident Evils, etc. And yes that is 2 copies of FF8, lol.

So it wasnt all too bad considering. I gave all the 30 odd games to my nephew... at least he doesnt know it yet.

Bought a bag of 3 wavebird controllers, one is missing the rubber on one of the sticks but it still works $15 for everything. (you can buy the one with the missing rubber grip off me just name your price.)

Bought a Metal gear bundle off this guy it included

Metal gear solid 4 Limited edition
Metal gear 4 Artbook
Metal gear collection (123)
Metal gear 4 ps3 headset
Metal gear 4 limited edition Guide
Metal gear guides 1,2, and 3
MG Substance? DVD's 1 and 2 sealed

I'm too nice I didn't lowball his original $80 offer, ended up reseling everything as you can imagine... Everything was like he had was in extremely mint condition, even the guides.

This didn't happen all in one nite. That would be too lucky

i got final fantasy crystal chronicles mint condition
strategy guide mint
gamecube memory card
gamecube controller
and he threw in a silver gameboy advance with the cords in for free
Plus final fantasy tactics mint black label plus stratagy guide a little rough though
Lastly got chocobo's Dungeon 2 with the stratagy guide both mint.
I got all these for thirty. I think i got pretty good deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Black DS Lite last week. Picked it up for $55 with Pokemon Diamond (included in price).
Shady shop in a shady part of town; might have been stolen and pawned to the shop for quick cash (multiple pieces of "evidence" point to it, anyway).

Kinda felt bad for whoever had it before, but I am VERY happy with my purchase (and White, which I got at Kmart the next day, $10 off). \\:D/

hi all

is this a good deal:

xbox 360 w/ 60 gb hard drive and all cables and 1 controller for $90?

Is it worth the possible risks with buying a used 360?

[quote name='lakers8']hi all

is this a good deal:

Is it worth the possible risks with buying a used 360?[/QUOTE]
I never go to someone's house to buy stuff off CL, but when I bought my PS3, I had him send me a photo of it playing with the date written on paper near the tv.

is this a good deal:

It's a decent deal at best, but that system is at least 2.5 years old. Personally, I wouldn't buy 360s used, but that's just me.

is this a good deal:

If it comes with a warranty and maybe he has the reciept then it's probably a good deal, but considering it's a 60 gb, it's probably the PRO edition(non-jasper) which are prone to RRoD, so I would probably avoid it.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']If it comes with a warranty and maybe he has the reciept then it's probably a good deal, but considering it's a 60 gb, it's probably the PRO edition(non-jasper) which are prone to RRoD, so I would probably avoid it.[/QUOTE]

I think most 60gb versions were Falcons, and very late versions were Jaspers?

Got 5 xbox 360 games today for $50 from a dude on CL. Games were: RE5 Gold Edition, Left 4 Dead 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010, and Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/Gun (although it didn't have the sensor bar with it :( ) but I'm pretty happy at $10 a game for those!

do you guys go to someone's house/invite them to your house? i havent had any problems doing this.....yet. but ive heard stories...my dad is against meeting halfway. (lol it should be the other way)

[quote name='david12795']do you guys go to someone's house/invite them to your house? i havent had any problems doing this.....yet. but ive heard stories...my dad is against meeting halfway. (lol it should be the other way)[/QUOTE]

I just meet them at Target or the grocery store where I usually need to go to anyway...

Only to my home for big items - furniture/exercise equipment...and even then only in the driveway/garage.

bread's done
Back