The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='donut']I just meet them at Target or the grocery store where I usually need to go to anyway...

Only to my home for big items - furniture/exercise equipment...and even then only in the driveway/garage.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AEJustin1']It all depends, I went to this dude's house but had someone go with me and they stayed in the car as did my wallet lol.[/QUOTE]

My dad drove me to the shop, and was "packing heat."
I wouldn't meet at their house, or invite them to mine. I don't wanna get jumped on their turf, and I'm not going to let them know where I live so they can harass me if the deal doesn't go their way.
I agree w/the grocery store comment. Nobody's gonna stab and rob you in the middle of a grocery store with loads of people/cameras around.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']If it comes with a warranty and maybe he has the reciept then it's probably a good deal, but considering it's a 60 gb, it's probably the PRO edition(non-jasper) which are prone to RRoD, so I would probably avoid it.[/QUOTE]

I ended up passing on the 360.

However I did end up buying a Japanese ps2.

Do you guys have a rough idea of what a fat Japanese ps2 in good working condition is worth?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wune']My dad drove me to the shop, and was "packing heat."
I wouldn't meet at their house, or invite them to mine. I don't wanna get jumped on their turf, and I'm not going to let them know where I live so they can harass me if the deal doesn't go their way.
I agree w/the grocery store comment. Nobody's gonna stab and rob you in the middle of a grocery store with loads of people/cameras around.[/QUOTE]

True story. Last year, I drove to the city of Compton by myself to pick up 6 gamecube games (wind waker, twlight princess, path of radiance, luigis mansion, smash bros melee, and super mario sunshine) for $30. This was at night, around 9pm or so. This guy just posted this ad and I wanted to buy them before someone else did. When I got there, I was damn this is the projects. The streets were so ghetto, freaking liter everywhere, houses with bars, and so on. I wanted to call him and told him i can't make it tonight, but since i was here and i said screw it and i texted him meet me outside. He came out, i rolled down my window, did the transactions and speed my a$$ out of here. I found out later that super mario sunshine and windwaker were unplayable (deep scratches) lol.

Picked up a 3G Kindle yesterday for $50. I was never really interested in e-books but I couldn't pass at that price. Think I'll check out the free stuff.

Just picked up the following + some more random GB games for $20:
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Ruby
Code Breaker for GBA

All work fine. :D

^damn thats sweet

what do you guys think of this?
i have an extra wifi adapter since im now wired and rarely play my 360 anyway. Waiting for my roommate to get home so i can test the games before i buy them. I know i can easily flip most of the games,
i smell a lowball
and i really want the dragon warrior for my collection

HI I AM SELLING A LOT OF GBA GAMES THAT ARE ALL IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION THE GAME TITLES ARE FINAL FANTASY TACTICS ADVANCE,
FIRE EMBLEM,
ZELDA A LINK TO THE PAST,
TACTICS OGRE THE KING OF LOTUS,
GOLDEN SUN THE LOST AGE,
TALES OF PHANTASIA,
POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON RED RESCUE TEAM,
ADVANCE WARS 2, SUMMON KNIGHT SWORD CRAFT STORY,
CIMA THE ENEMY,
HARVEST MOON MORE FRIENDS OF MINERAL TOWN,
MARIO GOLF, MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK 2, RIVERA THE PROMISED LAND,
DRAGON BALL Z LEGACY OF GOKU 2,
MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK 3 BLUE,
SHINING SOUL 2,
MEGAMAN AND BASS,

AND THE TITLES FOR THE REGULAR GAMEBOY GAMES ARE
DRAGON WARRIOR 1 AND 2
ULTIMA RUNES OF VIRTUE
AND DRAGON WARRIOR MONSTERS

IF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL OR TEXT ME AT ***-***-**** I AM ALSO UP FOR TRADES LIKE A WIRELESS XBOX 360 ADAPTER OR PSP. THANKS!

PIC
3ne3kd3lc5O05U05S4b3n38d7cff7603b127a.jpg

[quote name='adriley313']^damn thats sweet

what do you guys think of this?
i have an extra wifi adapter since im now wired and rarely play my 360 anyway. Waiting for my roommate to get home so i can test the games before i buy them. I know i can easily flip most of the games,
i smell a lowball
and i really want the dragon warrior for my collection[/QUOTE]

I am in phx and I saw that deal too. There's around $160 worth of games there (thought of getting it myself). If you have the wifi adapter to trade you should totally do it.

[quote name='Kid Fresh']I am in phx and I saw that deal too. There's around $160 worth of games there (thought of getting it myself). If you have the wifi adapter to trade you should totally do it.[/QUOTE]

nice to see a fellow phx CAG
just called him and we are gonna trade 2moro after work
most im gonna sell but keep the dragon warrior stuff

have u ever been to the phx comic con
any good?

[quote name='adriley313']nice to see a fellow phx CAG
just called him and we are gonna trade 2moro after work
most im gonna sell but keep the dragon warrior stuff

have u ever been to the phx comic con
any good?[/QUOTE]

Nope but it looks like it could be fun plus its only $35 for all 3 days

[quote name='Kid Fresh']Nope but it looks like it could be fun plus its only $35 for all 3 days[/QUOTE]

i know, im most likely going maybe take saturday off work
and i have a friend that might go
wanna see the comedy show with guys from the guild
maybe felicia day might be there
and get some cool swag

I've been using Craigslist a lot more lately. Picked up a Yobo FC Twin with Wario's Woods (NES), Mario/Duck Hunt (NES), Tetris (NES), and Dr. Mario (SNES) for $20; Gameboy Advance SP with twelve games including Street Fighter Alpha 3, Donkey Kong Country, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Zelda: A Link to the Past for a total of $20; 24 Atari games and 15 manuals for $10; a Playstation with 2 controllers and all cords for $1; Sega Genesis with two games for $10; and a ton of DVDs/seasons/older games for no more than $3. Pretty good deals considering anything I don't want I can just sell to the game store in town.

[quote name='dabamus']Just picked up the following + some more random GB games for $20:
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Ruby
Code Breaker for GBA

All work fine. :D[/QUOTE]

damn way to go

[quote name='adriley313']sounds like ur doing good
every now and then ill see a good deal but they are usually too damn far[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me. Two towns north of my school have amazing deals nearly everyday: Lewiston and Bangor. Can't believe some of the pricing.

That sucks. Worst thing I've ever missed was a bunch of random PS2 games for $3 each. One of them was Baldur's Gate II.

I've been looking for a cheap GBA SP on Craigslist and I swear, there are never any in my area. I've been getting some really shitty ads lately.

A local wants to sell a Virtual Boy for $75, but it's missing the adapter. Thinking I'll pass -- they're going on ebay for $60 with three games. Other than that, my CL has sucked ass lately. :/

[quote name='Tsel']I've been looking for a cheap GBA SP on Craigslist and I swear, there are never any in my area. I've been getting some really shitty ads lately.[/QUOTE]

Yard Sales are the way to go on this; last year I picked up one for my personal use for about $2 (cheap because it didn't have the adaptor). I've seen them complete for about $10-15 as well, you just gotta find the people who want to get rid of their stuff.

the gba found out i live 35 mins away and cancelled the trade
was so pissed cause i wanted the dragon warrior games.
he lives in gilbert, damn i need a car

[quote name='adriley313']the gba found out i live 35 mins away and cancelled the trade
was so pissed cause i wanted the dragon warrior games.
he lives in gilbert, damn i need a car[/QUOTE]

Yeh I live in North Phx and eveything I want is in Ahwatukee or Glendale or East Mesa. Hate it! (might drive further if gas was cheaper)

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Yard Sales are the way to go on this; last year I picked up one for my personal use for about $2 (cheap because it didn't have the adaptor). I've seen them complete for about $10-15 as well, you just gotta find the people who want to get rid of their stuff.[/QUOTE]

There's actually an ad for one today. $40 for a GBA SP and four games. The games are Tetris, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Spyro, and Pokemon Emerald. I think I'll pass.

[quote name='Tsel']There's actually an ad for one today. $40 for a GBA SP and four games. The games are Tetris, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Spyro, and Pokemon Emerald. I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

That isn't a terrible deal (last year Pokemon Emerald was an easy flip to Gamestop for $14) but with the clearance coming up I'd pass too unless you can get it in the $20 range :cool:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That isn't a terrible deal (last year Pokemon Emerald was an easy flip to Gamestop for $14) but with the clearance coming up I'd pass too unless you can get it in the $20 range :cool:[/QUOTE]
I might actually give the guy a call and see if I can talk him down a bit. $20-$30 is more my price, but I must admit, the Pokemon Emerald does make the deal a little better.

Ok so the deal for the GBA games is back on. Will trade 2moro. Hoping to flip the games on my upcoming lowball and keep the dragon warrior and pokemon for myself.

We missed out on a sweet deal:
DS Lite with stickers, pokemon SS and Drawn to Life for $40
When we called he was gonna sell it to some other guy after he sent a pic and we couldnt get to him.

Been seeing lots of Pokemon games on CL, looking for good deals.

Got a fully functional PacMan table-top for $175 today. Checked out and everything works and is in great condition, I'm ok with that. Pictures coming up, I hope.

Managed to get Fatal Frame, Obscure, and a sealed copy of Fatal Frame II all for the PS2. Gonna try to sell or trade on CAG.

Barely used Beatles Limited Edition Rock Band Bundle for 360 and Rock Band 3 disc together for $100

Someone's selling it on Craigslist and they live fairly close by

Should I go for it or not? And is it a good deal

[quote name='gamer322']Barely used Beatles Limited Edition Rock Band Bundle for 360 and Rock Band 3 disc together for $100

Someone's selling it on Craigslist and they live fairly close by

Should I go for it or not? And is it a good deal[/QUOTE]
No, horrible deal.

Yes, its a horrible deal. The set was recently being sold for about $75 new. Rock band games or guitar hero games have no value and can be found for dirt cheap.

[quote name='gamer322']Seriously?[/QUOTE]

I'd say he probably is being serious.

I got Beatles LE for $62 on clearance and Rock Band 3 for $30 on sale.

I know you can't still get those deals now, but considering you're looking at used stuff, I'd say it should be cheaper.

Picked up a MadCatz SE stick and a copy of SSF4 (xbox) for 25 bucks local.

Everything was in mint condition with full packaging and receipts. Came home to open up the joystick to put in actual Sanwa and Semitsu buttons (I had some laying around) and find out that the stock joystick was replaced with the standard JLF.

Will sell the copy of SSF4 to someone local for 15 so brings the cost of stick down to 10 bucks and 10 miles worth of gas. Good stuff.

Actually had a few good things the last week. First scores in a few months.

$40
GBA micro
Mother 3 complete
Super Ghouls N Ghosts complete
Chu Chu Rocket - cart only

I don't have a gba micro or mother 3 so I think I will keep those. I dont have a complete ghouls n ghosts, so I will keep at least the other stuff. Chu Chu will be sold or traded or whatever.

$20 All for PS1
Worms
Ergheiz (sp?)
Intelligent Qube
Rival Schools
Evil Zone
Tekken 2,3
DoA
Soul Edge
Tenchu

I don't have Ergheiz, Rival Schools, Worms or Evil Zone - the rest will traded or sold. Games were all minty or near minty and complete.

I was surprised about this one. I just picked it up right now. It was posted yesterday morning with pictures but was still available - especially with all the reseller stores around here constantly on craigslist. I'm going to guess most of them can't tell the rare from not rare without a list or a clear pic of the title. The pictures were classic c-list - blurry and impossible to read.

Also - funny thing was I never heard of Evil Zone. Looking at the cover it looks like a 90s JRPG. I got excited about it and then saw it was a 3d fighting game.

$475 for Nintendo, Sega and Atari

Guy was selling a huge bunch of stuff but didn't have good pics or a list. He didn't want to make a list (170 NES games plus the rest) so I said I'd drive the 20 min out there.

I overpaid a little bit more than I usually would but I was excited when I saw EVO: Search for Eden for SNES.

Other good things in there are:
Gunstar Heroes - Genesis - label damage :(
2x Contra Corps - Genesis
Buck Rogers - Genesis
4x Castlevania 3 - NES
3x Sonic 3
Contra
2 x Boxed SNES
1 mini-SNES
2x Lost Vikings - NES
Sealed NES Four Score

Plus a bunch of other NES and SNES games worth like 5-15, atari stuff, 32x, etc.

I honestly paid a little bit more than I think I should have. I could've swore Dracula's Curse was worth like 20 bucks. I also over estimated the value of SMB3, SMB2, Lost Vikings, and a few others.

I did look up the values of everything and the take home would be about 650 if I sold everything but I'm going to keep a bunch.

Sadly there is about 100 NES games worth about 1-3 dollars (weren't included in the 650) that will be impossible to sell online - so I will try bringing them to the local anime convention coming up and try to sell/trade them at the swap meet.

[quote name='jaydepps']Managed to get Fatal Frame, Obscure, and a sealed copy of Fatal Frame II all for the PS2. Gonna try to sell or trade on CAG.[/QUOTE]
Oh man, I want Obscure. I loved the sequel, but never got a chance to play the first one :C

Also, I picked up a Rock Band set plus a second guitar for 30.

Picked up an N64 complete with ram expansion and 2 controllers and 6 games for 40 bucks.

Goldeneye
Zelda Majora's Mask
Castlevania
Hydro Thunder
Namco Museum
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

First successful deal ever through craiglist so I was happy it worked out.

Good to find a non scammer and psyched to play my new N64.

finally got a good score in Phx
Got Pokemon FireRed and Sapphire cart only for $5 each.
Two little kids. and also saw LeafGreen for $5 but will call 2moro
one step closer to having all the pokemon games

[quote name='adriley313']finally got a good score in Phx
Got Pokemon FireRed and Sapphire cart only for $5 each.
Two little kids. and also saw LeafGreen for $5 but will call 2moro
one step closer to having all the pokemon games[/QUOTE]

They're cart only though. What good is that? lol

I've never had good luck finding just manuals and boxes. Those are rare and always seem over priced compared to just getting a complete copy. That's just my experience though.

well im actually getting these complete from a CAG but the fire red has bite marks and now i can replace it.

Also i have some boxes at my folks i gotta find.
Look for boxes now on eBay

I will buy them all

[quote name='Dokstarr']Actually had a few good things the last week. First scores in a few months.

$40
GBA micro
Mother 3 complete
Super Ghouls N Ghosts complete
Chu Chu Rocket - cart only

I don't have a gba micro or mother 3 so I think I will keep those. I dont have a complete ghouls n ghosts, so I will keep at least the other stuff. Chu Chu will be sold or traded or whatever.

$20 All for PS1
Worms
Ergheiz (sp?)
Intelligent Qube
Rival Schools
Evil Zone
Tekken 2,3
DoA
Soul Edge
Tenchu

I don't have Ergheiz, Rival Schools, Worms or Evil Zone - the rest will traded or sold. Games were all minty or near minty and complete.

I was surprised about this one. I just picked it up right now. It was posted yesterday morning with pictures but was still available - especially with all the reseller stores around here constantly on craigslist. I'm going to guess most of them can't tell the rare from not rare without a list or a clear pic of the title. The pictures were classic c-list - blurry and impossible to read.

Also - funny thing was I never heard of Evil Zone. Looking at the cover it looks like a 90s JRPG. I got excited about it and then saw it was a 3d fighting game.

$475 for Nintendo, Sega and Atari

Guy was selling a huge bunch of stuff but didn't have good pics or a list. He didn't want to make a list (170 NES games plus the rest) so I said I'd drive the 20 min out there.

I overpaid a little bit more than I usually would but I was excited when I saw EVO: Search for Eden for SNES.

Other good things in there are:
Gunstar Heroes - Genesis - label damage :(
2x Contra Corps - Genesis
Buck Rogers - Genesis
4x Castlevania 3 - NES
3x Sonic 3
Contra
2 x Boxed SNES
1 mini-SNES
2x Lost Vikings - NES
Sealed NES Four Score

Plus a bunch of other NES and SNES games worth like 5-15, atari stuff, 32x, etc.

I honestly paid a little bit more than I think I should have. I could've swore Dracula's Curse was worth like 20 bucks. I also over estimated the value of SMB3, SMB2, Lost Vikings, and a few others.

I did look up the values of everything and the take home would be about 650 if I sold everything but I'm going to keep a bunch.

Sadly there is about 100 NES games worth about 1-3 dollars (weren't included in the 650) that will be impossible to sell online - so I will try bringing them to the local anime convention coming up and try to sell/trade them at the swap meet.[/QUOTE] Nice on IQ. I want that game so bad...

"Arctic Ice" GameBoy Advance with:
-Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Fire Red
-GameBoy connect cable (up to 4 players)
-Official Nintendo game guides for Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald
-Original boxes for all games (except Fire Red) and GameBoy
-GameBoy case with game and battery compartment for on-the-go gaming
-Plus FREE plastic storage cases for games.

*GameBoy system itself has floppy battery cover currently held on by tape. Otherwise, all other equipment and games are in excellent condition.
========================

Just emailed the guy. He wants $40 for the lot. The GBA games with guides are easily worth that. Especially since I just noticed he has all the boxes for everything but Fire Red and the GBA itself.

Ok, picked up what I posted above. The only downside is that the GBA battery cover is a bit quirky, and the guides are beat up, but the games themselves are great. (except for the one that the time functions don't work, but the game still saves properly)
3 CIB Pokemon games:
img9918s.jpg

GBA, Box, Pokemon Fire Red cart, 8 GBA game cases, GBA system carry case, GBA link cable, and 2 beat up guides:
img9919rh.jpg

Yeah, it was quite a good pickup. Too bad the guides are WELL used, or I'd be able to sell those. As it is, I may just give them away or something.

bread's done
Back