The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Just found this on Craiglist. Debating on whether I should bite.

1 Playstation One
2 Controllers
2 Memory Cards

17 Games:
Cool boarders 2001
Cool boarders 4
Dead in the water
Grand theft auto 2
Dave mirra freestyle bmx
Tony hawks pro skater 2
War games defcon 1
Atv quad power racing
Twisted metal 4
Hardcore 4x4
Battle stations
Soul blade
Dark stone
Shadow madness
Nectaris military madness
The legend of dragoon
Epidemic

Guy wants $50. Legend of Dragoon and Nectaris Military Madness would be nice to have, but the rest is pretty much junk, no?

[quote name='jaydepps']Just found this on Craiglist. Debating on whether I should bite.

1 Playstation One
2 Controllers
2 Memory Cards

17 Games:
Cool boarders 2001
Cool boarders 4
Dead in the water
Grand theft auto 2
Dave mirra freestyle bmx
Tony hawks pro skater 2
War games defcon 1
Atv quad power racing
Twisted metal 4
Hardcore 4x4
Battle stations
Soul blade
Dark stone
Shadow madness
The legend of dragoon
Epidemic

Guy wants $50. Legend of Dragoon and Nectaris Military Madness would be nice to have, but the rest is pretty much junk, no?[/QUOTE]

Most of the games looks like junk unless u like some of it for collection

Picked this up yesterday for $50:

Slim silver ps2 w/2 memory cards and 2 controllers
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy X
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Episode III
Xenosaga I
Xenosaga II
Xenosaga III

I think I did quite well! Most games are complete and I'm already making my money back just from MvC2 & the Xenosaga trilogy. :D

Picked this up over the weekend for $30. Came with the original box too. I haven't had a chance to break out the old Xbox yet to try it out, though.

[quote name='sp00ge']Picked this up over the weekend for $30. Came with the original box too. I haven't had a chance to break out the old Xbox yet to try it out, though.

[/QUOTE]

Nice, I just got one of those at a garage sale. I need the large manual, though.

[quote name='jaydepps']Just found this on Craiglist. Debating on whether I should bite.

1 Playstation One
2 Controllers
2 Memory Cards

17 Games:
Cool boarders 2001
Cool boarders 4
Dead in the water
Grand theft auto 2
Dave mirra freestyle bmx
Tony hawks pro skater 2
War games defcon 1
Atv quad power racing
Twisted metal 4
Hardcore 4x4
Battle stations
Soul blade
Dark stone
Shadow madness
The legend of dragoon
Epidemic

Guy wants $50. Legend of Dragoon and Nectaris Military Madness would be nice to have, but the rest is pretty much junk, no?[/QUOTE]

Knock it down to $30 I'd say.

[quote name='slowdive21']Nice, I just got one of those at a garage sale. I need the large manual, though.[/QUOTE]

I think it's in the box as well, along with with coupler plates and screws/etc.

Another nice little lot on Craigslist.

YardSalesPics134.jpg

Paid $38 for the games shown, plus a non-modded Xbox and 3 controllers (1 official Xbox, 2 were 3rd party). Star Wars Republic Commando, Rainbow Six Lockdown, Halo 2 Collector's Edition are missing manuals. Halo 2 box is also somewhat smashed in. However, Battlefront 2 and KOTOR 2 are each complete. Seller originally asked $50, we settled on $40 over the phone (seller said all games were complete) then when I went to pick up found that some were missing manuals, so shaved off a few bucks. I'll dump the system and some crap games on Craigslist or a Yard sale for probably $30 or so, which leaves me with KOTOR 2, Battlefront 2, and Republic Commando, Halo, and Halo 2 for $8. Probably will only end up keeping KOTOR 2 out of the lot, to go with my guide that I found for it a couple weeks ago.

I picked up a Panasonic 3DO w/ 11 games (Including Night Trap) for $60
I also purchased from the same guy a Sega CD in the box for $30

Does anyone know if the 3DO is flippable? I tried playing the 3DO but the games are pretty bad. Definitely not worth keeping.

Assassin's Creed
Big Bumpin
Bioshock
Call of Duty 2
CoD 4: Modern Warfare
CoD: World at War
CoD: Modern Warfare 2
Crackdown
Dead Rising
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Collectors Edition
Gears of War : Collectors Edition
Guitar Hero 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Mass Effect
Pocket Bike Racer
Prey
Quake 4
Rainbow Six Vegas
Saints Row
Skate 2
Sneak King
Unreal Tournament
2 wireless controller w/ play and charge
wifi adapter
xbox 360 no video just sound.

I paid $85 for all this, is it a good deal? Is it dead end for the system or I can still fix it or trade it to gamestop?

[quote name='nnthomas']You can most definitely do better than $60 if you put it all up as one bundle.[/QUOTE]

How much are you thinking?

[quote name='coolrust']Assassin's Creed
Big Bumpin
Bioshock
Call of Duty 2
CoD 4: Modern Warfare
CoD: World at War
CoD: Modern Warfare 2
Crackdown
Dead Rising
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Collectors Edition
Gears of War : Collectors Edition
Guitar Hero 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Mass Effect
Pocket Bike Racer
Prey
Quake 4
Rainbow Six Vegas
Saints Row
Skate 2
Sneak King
Unreal Tournament
2 wireless controller w/ play and charge
wifi adapter
xbox 360 no video just sound.

I paid $85 for all this, is it a good deal? Is it dead end for the system or I can still fix it or trade it to gamestop?[/QUOTE]

$85 for all this is really good, imo. Take advantage of some trade-in deals. The X360 video issue is either something related to resolution (playing 480p on a 480i only set) - or the display is fried - happened to my unit. I just sold it to some "modder" on CL for cheap.

Managed to snag a deal for a Super Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition fightstick today; thought it was too good to be true...but it wasn't!

Total cost:
$25
:bouncy:

Picked up this lot for $30 today :)

DS System
-Pokemon Diamond
-Mariokart DS
-Animal Crossing
-Nintendogs

After picking it up, I went straight to Gamestop and traded in the 4 games, giving me $58.42 in credit :D

Now to unload the DS..

Really good day for me on a Craigslist find. Guy said he was going to sell the stuff in an upcoming garage sale, but put it up on CL to help get rid of it. I original went to his house simply to pick up something VERY unique, but he had some other stuff too that was a steal and I couldn't pass up.

All this for $10:
DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1248.jpg

And THIS was what I actually went over there to pick up. All this stuff was just $40 though most of the games are not worth much, though I haven't heard of some of the titles :bouncy:
DSCN1246.jpg

DSCN1247.jpg

This stuff was just extra with it...

DSCN1250.jpg

DSCN1251.jpg

Anyone ever seen one of these things before? Curious on the history of it...

Haven't found much on c-list for a while, but I got a pretty good deal about 2 weeks ago that I just got around to going through.

Pretty big collection of PC games for $40.

All these are big box with everything
Loom (except for the tape)
Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis
Sam and Max
One Whole Unit of Blood
Hexen
Phantasmagoria
Mechwarrior 2
Mech Warrior 2 expansion
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Commodore 64)
Warcraft
Half-Life GoTY Edition
D!Zone 2
Advanced D&D 3-pack of games

Then a bunch of only jewel case only games
Serious Sam
Quake 3 Arena
Return to Wolfenstein
Doom 2
Doom 1
Unreal
Phantasmagoria (a different one)
and a bunch more (including some other Sierra adventure games I'm not familiar with)

I probably could have offered less, especially after it looks like this was left over's from a garage sale. I'm also a little surprised people didn't offer up more. You couldn't tell all the games from the picture that was posted but I could make out Loom, Indy, Guide do the Galaxy, D&D, and a bunch others. There was sign included that said $2 for boxed games and $1 for jewel case games.

Makes me wonder what was there... well I know one thing. I found in the box the hint book and some other paperwork for Day of the Tentacle... I've always actually wanted that game.

Boxes are all mint / near mint (except for a little wear on the hitchiker's box)

I was reallllly hoping for the tape to be included with Loom. That is the 2nd Loom I've gotten over the last few years - both are mint condition boxes, paper work, etc... but no tape.

I will probably flip the Loom and a few of the others and keep Sam & Max, Fate of Atlatis and a few others.

[quote name='HYDFDEMON']Anyone ever seen one of these things before? Curious on the history of it...[/QUOTE]

Seen one before, but still can't dig up anything on the history. One was up for auction at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo last year, minus the TV, but they didn't meet their reserve price.

YardSalesPics137.jpg

Found this lot on Craigslist for $20. Seller was originally asking $25, I offered $15, we settled on $20. Transaction was mildly annoying because he broke the unwritten rule of Craigslist, which is posting something and then not being immediately available to sell it (seller was at work and no one else was home). I've lost good deals before to this rule, generally when I lowball, they accept, and then get a better offer later before we can meet. Anyways, I know that I can dump the system, two controllers, and a few junk games somewhere along the line for $20-$25, scoring two copies of Mario 64, a Goldeneye, and a couple of Stars Wars games for free. Would not have gone out of my way for this bundle, but the guy lived a few miles away and I had the itch...

Picked up a bag of games systems for $30.Everthing was in good working condition.

1. N64 w/2 controllers and 007
2.SNES w/1 controller and super mario all stars
3.Playstation 1 w/2 controllers

[quote name='sporty50']Picked up a bag of games systems for $30.Everthing was in good working condition.

1. N64 w/2 controllers and 007
2.SNES w/1 controller and super mario all stars
3.Playstation 1 w/2 controllers[/QUOTE]

nice pickup.

I havent found anything good yet :cry:

I just got a lot for a PS1, and 4 games, 3 controllers for $25.

One of the games is Tomba 2 ;) Will post pics soon.

Legend of Mana (Complete)
The Legend of Dragoon GH (Complete) w/ Prima strategy guide
Darkstalkers the Night Warriors (Disk only)
Pizza Hut Demo Disks
Alundra (Disk Only)
Gran Turismo (complete)
MK Trilogy GH (complete)
2 PS2 Controllers
1 PS1 controller and memory card

-$10

Picked up some rare strategy guides (Resident Evil 2 & 3 (gamecube copy) and Tales of Vesperia) and a sealed copy of Atelier Iris 1 (first printing) for $60 from this guy with an amazing collection. Was pretty happy about that but then I saw a sealed copy of Phantasy Star Online I & II Plus that I almost got for $15. He reneged at the last second but I'm making it my mission to get that one from him.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2581214740.html

hoping i can get in on this one.

I don't collect sealed NES games but 16 sealed NES titles for $125 is too good to pass up. I figure they've got to be worth at least $400 or so at the very minimum sold individually.

Wheel of fortune family edition..... sealed
Castlequest.....sealed
Skate or die.....sealed
The magic of scheherazade.....sealed
After burner Tengen Game.....sealed
Pesterminator.....sealed
Swords and serpants.....sealed
Destination eartstar.....sealed
Cabal.....sealed
Whell of fortune 1st generation.....sealed
Tecmo baseball..... sealed
Castle of dragon.....sealed
Jeopardy 25th anniversary edition.....sealed
Trojan.....sealed
8 eyes.....sealed
Desert commander.....sealed

that's some good work there coolzell.

My sealed NES guy never replied. Someone else must have snatched it up..

That's fine, it would have been good profit but it would have taken some time to find buyers. I'm not TOO upset..

I'm not really an NES collector. I love those games but i admit PS1/N64/SNES holds a lot more nostalgia for me. All i remember of NES is how balls hard most games were and they're just not as fun 9 times out of 10 anymore.

That sealed Pesterminator is going to fetch huge dollars though.

I'm seeing an ad where a guy is selling a load of PS1 rarities mixed in with some junk for $4 each.

I'm thinking its got to be some kind of scam or something or the guy is going to show up and rob you. I sent an email, but I told the guy that the stuff he's selling is worth a lot more than he's selling it for, but i'd still be interested.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2585159233.html

Playstation1 Games Cheap$4.00 - $4 (milwaukee)

Date: 2011-09-06, 2:58PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

All Playstaion 1 games are in the best condition.....All games are 4.00.................................

Here all the games i have....

TWISTED METAL 2,DESTRUCTION DERBY 2, CASTLE VANIA, NEED FOR SPEED HIGH STAKES,RESIDENT EVIL,DRIVER,DRACULA THE LAST SANRUARY, TALES OF DESTINY,POOL HUSTLER,ODDWORL,NEED FOR SPEED 2, LEGEND OF CAIN,PERSONA REVELATIONS,SUICKUDEN 2,PONG THE NEXT LEVEL,RELOADED,HEART OF DARKNESS,PGA TOUR 98,ANDRETTE RACING,SHADOWS TOWER, I H R A DRAG RACING,VIGILANTE 8, AZURE DREAMS,SAYA FRONTIER 1&2, MAGIC THE GATHERIN,GRAN TURISMO 2,MDK, SYPHON FILTER 2,..FINAL FANTASY (V11,V111,1X,ORIGINS,CHRONICLES 1V,AND ANTHOLOGY COLLECTORS PACK....ANY QUESTION CALL J AT 4148994536
Including Persona, Suikoden 2, tales of destiny, all the final fantasies, saga fronter, etc makes me just nervous about this one.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm seeing an ad where a guy is selling a load of PS1 rarities mixed in with some junk for $4 each.

I'm thinking its got to be some kind of scam or something or the guy is going to show up and rob you. I sent an email, but I told the guy that the stuff he's selling is worth a lot more than he's selling it for, but i'd still be interested.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2585159233.html

Including Persona, Suikoden 2, tales of destiny, all the final fantasies, saga fronter, etc makes me just nervous about this one.[/QUOTE]

doesn't hurt to try

Well I am a little late on it, it's been up for a few hours while i was at class. I told the guy his stuff was worth more than $4 and I'd pay more than that hoping that if he's legit he'd go with me over the other people who probably emailed not saying anything about the value.

I don't want to pay ebay values but even doing something like $50 on that suikoden 2 would be a steal if its complete.

[quote name='jer7583']Well I am a little late on it, it's been up for a few hours while i was at class. I told the guy his stuff was worth more than $4 and I'd pay more than that hoping that if he's legit he'd go with me over the other people who probably emailed not saying anything about the value.

I don't want to pay ebay values but even doing something like $50 on that suikoden 2 would be a steal if its complete.[/QUOTE]

There was this time a girl was selling a game for $5 a pop, or 5 for $20. We picked up Lunar complete and Tales of Destiny 2, and three other less impressive games.

Our guess was that her bf cheated on her.

The guy did email back and stated he has been in the military for some amount of years and didn't know that these things had collected value since then. He thanked me for being honest and said he had sold a few games and someone offered him $50 for Suiko2 already.

Seems legit, but Suiko2 was the only one I really wanted :( I realize there are other rarities there but i tend not to collect stuff I won't play unless its longboxes on PS1.

SAM_0850.jpg

Saw an ad for this for $80. Sent an email and woke up the next morning to "Hi Chris, I have had 8 other emails about this lot, whats your best offer?". I felt comfortable with $120 so thats what I offered. 30 mins later he said why dont we settle for $100! I cleaned everything and it all starts on the first try and everything saves.

bread's done
Back