The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Found some decent but common N64 games.
F-Zero X (complete with box)
Diddy Kong Racing
Chameleon Twist
Resident Evil 2
Donkey Kong 64

All for $30. Nothing amazing, but good additions to my N64 collection.

I found a sealed copy of Metroid 2: Return of Samus w/ a 15 other gameboy games for $20. If anyone in RI wants to do a trade let me know. For some reason there was 2 copies of the game in the lot one was open and the other was sealed. I figured I would get rid of the sealed copy for something cool that I've been looking for.

very nice. Those look like FYE price tags. They always had everything marked up so high that those game boy games probably sat on the shelf for 10 years..

i was after this item as well lol but i did not feel like getting into a bidding war so told the guy i was out of it but i did want it nice catch at $100

[quote name='Tempius']
SAM_0850.jpg

Saw an ad for this for $80. Sent an email and woke up the next morning to "Hi Chris, I have had 8 other emails about this lot, whats your best offer?". I felt comfortable with $120 so thats what I offered. 30 mins later he said why dont we settle for $100! I cleaned everything and it all starts on the first try and everything saves.[/QUOTE]

I got NCAA Football (xbox 360) for $25 from a guy here, only thing I need is an online pass (if anyone has one PM and I will buy it) for it, no biggie as I don't play football online a whole lot anyways hah.

2 Game Boy Advance SPs (one blue, one pink)
Pokemon FireRed AND Emerald
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario 3
Donkey Kong Country
Some random casual kiddie game...

Paid $20. I've bought from the kid before, so I knew he'd be reliable. There's a few scratches on the case of both GBs, but the screens are crystal clear and they both work. He only had one charger, so I'll have to do some parts shopping, but for $20? Worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a pretty good C-list story today. A guy posted Shenmue Collector's Edition for $10. I had never heard there was a CE version (comes with a marking on the case and manual and a soundtrack CD) and I saw it was a R6 on digit press so I bit at it. I asked him to bring any other game he wanted to get rid of and I'd take a look. Guy pulls up and starts talking video games with me and gives me the copy of Shenmue. He then shows me this bag of GB games / GBA that has an import (turns out knockoff) Samurai Shodown, Castlevanie COM, Zelda Oracle of Ages, Pokemon Gold, Onimuha Tactics and Super Bust a move and a Game boy pocket. I had $20 on me and figured I could get a few of the games of. He said I can take everything for $20 which was awsome. He then shows me this other bag and says its included. Inside this bag was a few strategy guides (MGS 3, Halo 2, Sonic Adventure), boxes and manuals to all the games (except the bootleg), and at the bottom a Vanguard Bandits Strategy Guide! If you've never seen those PSOne Working Designs guides, they are pretty cool with features and have a decent value. He also a Gold Master Chief ( which is apparently hard to find) and Solid Snake action figure he said I could have but I was feeling bad he kept giving me stuff so I turned it down.

A pretty decent haul, he had some Gundam stuff he is selling to a buddy of mine so when we meet up I'm going to give him one of my extra dreamcasts (I got 7 of them in a random C-list lot) and a few games as the guy said he missed his dreamcast that he had to sell.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']You wasted a $100 on those SNES games when you coulda just used the emulator? Psshh[/QUOTE]

I think you must be joking, but..

emulators suck. they're inaccurate. BSNES is the only good one and you need like, a core i7 to really run the accuracy version at full speed. All the others don't emulate properly..

Guy posted 20 ps1 games for $10 yesterday, too bad they were all sports and kids junk :(

[quote name='jer7583']I think you must be joking, but..

emulators suck. they're inaccurate. BSNES is the only good one and you need like, a core i7 to really run the accuracy version at full speed. All the others don't emulate properly..[/QUOTE]
He was obviously being sarcastic. However, you're statement is pretty far out there. Hell, I ran plenty of SNES emulators on my old 700mhz Compaq Presario. Even my PSP emulates SNES just fine. Maybe you could expand on your comment a little?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']He was obviously being sarcastic. However, you're statement is pretty far out there. Hell, I ran plenty of SNES emulators on my old 700mhz Compaq Presario. Even my PSP emulates SNES just fine. Maybe you could expand on your comment a little?[/QUOTE]
Most emulators don't actually emulate the console they claim to very well. They take a lot of shortcuts and hacks that cause a lot of games to display incorrectly, have bad sound, not act like they do on a console, etc. BSNES emulates the super nintendo on a much, much more detailed scale. Because of that my dual core 2.3 mhz laptop just barely hits 60 FPS most of the time when using the "performance" build. The "compatability" build which is near 100% accurate to what you'd get from a real SNES requires a much more powerful computer. 4GHZ at least, I think.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...hz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator.ars
http://byuu.org/bsnes/accuracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxns6OjAcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZ7Q6U2x-c&feature=related

Really interesting stuff to read about. I always knew emulators were kinda off of the original but never knew why. The guy says that attempting to do what BSNES does with N64/PSX will likely never be possible with computer hardware created in any of our current lifetimes.

just kind of interesting stuff. I never did mess around with emulators much unless it was unreleased stuff but yeah, most emulators really don't feel the same as the original console hardware, because they're basically hacked together with all kinds of shortcuts.

I'm not anti-emulator by any means, but there's something much, much more satisfying about playing games in their original form, on their original consoles.

But I'm biased - I'm a collector. I have this NEED for stacks of physical cartridges. :)

[quote name='Jerry-kun']I'm not anti-emulator by any means, but there's something much, much more satisfying about playing games in their original form, on their original consoles.

But I'm biased - I'm a collector. I have this NEED for stacks of physical cartridges. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree to a point. There is something incredibly satisfying about not just getting your hands on a physical cartridge or disc, but getting to play it.

But my love of emulators comes from the fact that they were the only way I could play certain games, because like most Americans, my Japanese sucks. I was able to play Seiken Densetsu 3, Mother 3 (which I was playing until I had to replace my hard drive), and Terranigma that way. Whether the translations are good or bad, I can't say, but I was able to enjoy them because of it. That, and my budget is not what it was a few years ago. Emulators are pretty much my only way to enjoy those classics.

[quote name='jer7583']Most emulators don't actually emulate the console they claim to very well. They take a lot of shortcuts and hacks that cause a lot of games to display incorrectly, have bad sound, not act like they do on a console, etc. BSNES emulates the super nintendo on a much, much more detailed scale. Because of that my dual core 2.3 mhz laptop just barely hits 60 FPS most of the time when using the "performance" build. The "compatability" build which is near 100% accurate to what you'd get from a real SNES requires a much more powerful computer. 4GHZ at least, I think.
[/QUOTE]
That is interesting stuff. Surprising, because my Compaq also even emulated the N64 fairly decently, as I played SM64 and Diddy Kong Racing through without any problems. Of course, not all N64 games were that compatible. And this was back 10 years ago. I guess I'll just put it this way and say, that to most people, for most games, they won't recognize the subtle differences that an emulator lacks from the real thing, other than the controller.

Have you yourself tried SNES9X? If not, I'd highly recommend it if you have the SNES itch. I'd be surprised if you found it anything but enjoyable.

[quote name='TheHeef']I agree to a point. There is something incredibly satisfying about not just getting your hands on a physical cartridge or disc, but getting to play it.

But my love of emulators comes from the fact that they were the only way I could play certain games, because like most Americans, my Japanese sucks. I was able to play Seiken Densetsu 3, Mother 3 (which I was playing until I had to replace my hard drive), and Terranigma that way. Whether the translations are good or bad, I can't say, but I was able to enjoy them because of it. That, and my budget is not what it was a few years ago. Emulators are pretty much my only way to enjoy those classics.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed. If I had the money, I'd spring for an SNES/NES flash cart to handle translated games. I still feel like it's only fair for me to buy the original Japanese carts beforehand, even though it's a pain. I need to make some friends in Japan.. or stop struggling with my morals. :lol:

Anybody know what I should offer this guy for the entire lot of games/accessories? I know he has prices listed, but, he's been hard pressed to sell this stuff (I've been emailing him for a bit).

There's really only a few games out of there I actually want...but if I can get the whole lot for the right price, I'd jump in.

Accessories:

Enforcer Gamepad : $10
Madcatz 2: Racing Wheel : $10
Madcatz Dream Wheel : $10
4 White Dreamcast Controllers, 1 Black Painted Controller, 1 Blue Controller : $7
3 Performance Tremor Pack (Rumble pack) : $3/each
1 Mic :$2
3 White memory cards, 2 blue memory cards : $3/each

Games

18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker : $3
4 Wheel Thunder : $3
Alien Front Online : $3
Blue Stinger : $3
Bomberman Online : $3
Carrier : $3
Centipede : $3
Chicken Run : $3
ChuChu Rocket : $2
Coaster Works : $3
Conflict Zone: Modern War Strategy : $3
D2 : $4
Dead or Alive 2 : $3
Death Crimson OX : $4
Deep Fighter : $3
Dino Crisis : $3
Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm : $4
Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern : $4
Dynamite Cop : $3
Evolution : $3
Evolution 2: The Far Off Promise : $3
Expendable : $3
Fighting Force 2 : $3
Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge : $3
Fur Fighters : $3
Grand Theft Auto 2 : $4
Grandia 2 : $5
The Grinch : $3
Gundam: Side Story 0079 : $7
Hydro Thunder : $3
Illbleed : $4
Incoming : $3
Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage : $3
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 : $2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver : $3
Maken X : $5
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX : $2
MDK 2 : $2
NBA 2K : $1
NBA 2K1 : $1
NFL 2K : $1
NFL 2K1 : $1
NFL 2K2 : $1
NHL 2K : $1
Nightmare Creatures 2 : $3
Ooga Booga : $3
Outtrigger : $3
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 : $3
Plasma Sword : $2
Quake 3 Arena : $3
Rainbow Six : $2
Rainbow Six Rogue Spear : $2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 : $3
Record of Lodoss War : $4
Re-Volt : $3
The Ring: Terror's Realm : $3
Roadsters : $3
Seventh Cross Evolution : $3
Shadow Man : $3
Silent Scope : $5
Soldier of Fortune : $3
Sonic Shuffle : $3
Soul Caliber : $5
Soul Fighter : $3
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack : $4
Spec Ops 2 Omega Squad : $3
Speed Devils : $3
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer : $3
Tennis 2K2 : $3
Test Drive 6 : $3
Time Stalkers : $3
Tomb Raider: Chronicles : $3
TrickStyle : $3
Ultimate Fighting Championship : $3
Unreal Tournament : $3
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense : $3
Virtua Fighter 3tb : $3
Virtual-On" Oratorio Tangram : $5
Wetrix+ : $3
World Series Baseball 2K1 : $1
World Series Baseball 2K2 : $1
Worms Armageddon : $5
WWF Royal Rumble : $2

[quote name='Rig']Anybody know what I should offer this guy for the entire lot of games/accessories? I know he has prices listed, but, he's been hard pressed to sell this stuff (I've been emailing him for a bit).

There's really only a few games out of there I actually want...but if I can get the whole lot for the right price, I'd jump in.

$100 tops

stuff like that i'd usually count how many i actually want and how many are just being included with the lot. Whatever's just there because its there I'd pay like, $1 or 50 cents for.

The other stuff is what you'd make your offer based upon. If that's too low then the lot isn't worth it.

Most people are willing to cut a deal if you buy everything.

I'd say offer him 60-75, worst he can do is say no or give you a counteroffer. There are definitely a nice size handful of gems in there.

On some of those Dreamcast prices I'd be asking if I could come over and take a look; worse case scenario they're disc-only in a binder.

I believe he said they were all originals, and that most (not all) came with original case and manual.

Shot him an offer late last night...haven't heard back yet.

Ps3 games $10-$30 (mission)

Date: 2011-09-16, 12:10PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
These games are going for $10.00 each.
Soulcalibur 4,
Maddened 09,
sonic's genesis collection,
silent hill homecoming,
need for speed undercover,
tomb raider under world,
dragon ball raging blast,
little big plant,
resistance fall of man,
G.I.Joe,
fallout 3,
sonic unleashed,
overlord 1 & 2,
grand theft auto 4,
battlefield bad company gold,
star wars the clone wars,
street fight 4,
infamous,
army of two,
and WET.

These games are going for $20.00 each:
Disney's sing it w/microphone,
Tekken 6,
Lost Planet 2,
Dragon age origins Ultimate edition,
F. E. A. R. 1 & 2,
Army of two 40th day,
Ref jam Rapstar w/microphone,
Darkvoid,
Green day rock band,
Batman arkham asylum,
God of war 1 & 2 collection,
God of war 3,
Final Fantasy 13,
Cabelas north American adventures,
Aliens vs Predator,
Bioshock 2,
How to train your dragon,

These games are going for $25.00 each:

Metal Gear Solid 4 limited edition,
Devil May Cry 4 collector's edition,
Heavenly Sword,
Medal of Honor,
Dead Space 2,
Bayonetta,

These games are going for $30.00 each:

Mortal Kombat,
Super street fighter 4,
Castlevania,
F.E.A.R. 3,
Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Call or txt 956-639-9828 will not go lower, so please don't ask. All games have been well taken care of and hardly played.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
I really wish I had $25 right now :whistle2:#

is $50 a good price for a rock band 2 setup with game? I kind of want one but the craigslist prices are all over the place.

[quote name='Tsel']I don't know. I kind of want Little Big Plant and Street Fight.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Ref Jam Rapstar! No one raps like a referee.

Has anyone noticed a free tv ad in their local CL offering up 30 or more SDtvs in one clip with a North Carolina number? I just Googled the number and it brought back numerous results from various areas of the country.

The number is: 704-271-2134

I was just wondering if any of you have replied to one of these and if they were legit and moreover what company it was from if it's a national hotel chain.

They had two ads in my area, one advertising 23 SDtv's while the other one(which is still left) is advertising 103 tv's. All of the ads seem to have the SAME pictures posted with them.

Okay I'm starting to think everything I buy off C. List is stolen.
Picked up a 250 gig Xbox 360 (3rd xbox this month) for 120, works perfect.

Also got this item which was brought to me by the guy and this is simply amazing for 50 dollars.
fu3zif.jpg
fu3zif.jpg
[/IMG]

Got a slim 360 + 10 games + wireless adapter + some accessories for 80, traded in the games + accessories and got 90 in credit. I kept some of the games + 360 slim + controller.

Xbox no. 4 this month. 4 GB Slim with Kinect, charging station, 1 controller, all cords, HDMI cord and 6 Games. Black ops, Halo 3, Madden 08, Madden 11, Nascar 08, Grid. For 140 the guy ALSO left the receipt in the box so I called the pawn shop and asked if they accept returns and he told me he has to many xbox's and he wont take this one back.

Nice. I'd really like to get one of those 4GB matte slims to swap out for mine with the glossy finish.
I bought mine used from a kid trying to sell it to gamestop for cash, I think I paid him like $175. This was like, a month after they were released. It's a bit scratched up but has always worked perfectly.

do you know if the 4GB ones actually have a small hard drive inside or is that internal storage, and adding the 250GB drive from mine would be additional to the 4GB onboard?

Picked up a PSP GO with a 4GB memory stick, MGS Peace Walker, Pixel Junk Monsters Encore, Silent Hill Homecoming, and Peggle for $60. I ended up selling my old PSP 1000 for $75 lol.

Traded a copy of Motorstorm for a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64). It's currently up on the selling block, first 40 bucks takes it shipped ;). Smallest tiny rip on the label. and some marker, but nothing I couldnt clean up if somebody was interested. PM me :D.

Should I bite? He said someone offerd him 35 for it.
Nintendo R.O.B robot game - $40 (columbus)

Date: 2011-10-02, 11:29AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Rare and working ROB the robot for the 8 bit NES

comes complete with gyromite game.

This robot is so rare only two games were produced for it.

great for any video game collector.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5T05W05X03kb3p53obba29cfd446ed9231972.jpg

I picked up a very nice copy of Lunar (my fourth) and a very nice copy of Lunar 2 (my second). Came with all the goodies for $50.

Actually didn't get them via Craigslist, but, a Mega Replay store had its grand opening and I found out about the store via Craigslist. Also got a ton of the Squaresoft PS1 RPG's for very low prices...all were in great shape.

bread's done
Back