The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

What about this.

Nes Konami LaserScope and Power Glove with Punchout - $75 (Gahanna)

Date: 2011-10-04, 5:42PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling My Vintage Nes stuff...

Nes Konami LaserScope

Nes Power Glove with Mike Tyson Punchout (Glove and Game only)

$75 Cash for Both

Brian

614-937-1086

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3m43od3p55U15S05R2b9a6ea13015569d19df.jpg
3n93m93pb5Y25Q15S0b9a792f00a29afe1447.jpg
3na3k03l55U25P15R2b9b1bc072bbe9d11f16.jpg

I feel like I got a decent deal. I got a Xbox 360 S w/ 250GB Hard Drive, 2 wireless controllers, play n charge kit and some games
Dirt 3
NCAA 12
Modern Warfare 2
Forza 3
Sims 3
and some Guitar Hero crap.

anyways I sold the games on ebay since I have no interest in them and got about $85 back. So essentially after a little work I got a 360 with 250GB, 2 controllers for $115. Also it had Alan Wake already digital copy already downloaded so that was a nice bonus.

Also the 360 is still under warranty from MS until March, I just registered it.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']What about this.[/QUOTE]

Rant on posts like this:

Not to single you out, but I keep seeing a lot of people on "finds" threads (in different forums, mind you, but here as well) asking "is this good?" a lot, and if you're doing it to resell, imho, you should do your own research. It's not that difficult to check vgpc, ebay, or google for a game item.

I only ask because you guys seem more trustworthy. Plus I don't resell.( I actually can't) Nut i like to "invest" Like to buy stuff for my collection, that may hold value for the future. Plus..well...those websites don't have personal opinions ether. I could go and find the prices. But if I ask here I can get "Yeah its a good deal, but.......".

But at the same time, you shouldn't make investments based on someone else's opinion. I might pay $100 for a game you wouldn't pay anything for. Then you're like "well that guy's an idiot."

Exactly, Survivalism. If you're doing it to simply play, that's one thing, but for flipping or "invest"-ing, most people's opinion on what they think of the item, other than price, is subjectively pointless. If someone says the quality of the item (such as gameplay) is crap, will that deter you from buying it for cheap when you think (or know) it's valuable? You don't need personal opinion when investing. Not that those sites are the hard facts on values, mind you, but it's better than someone on a forum saying it's a "good" or "ok" price (or worse, someone who says, "It's worth what someone will pay for it." Yeesh).

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']I only ask because you guys seem more trustworthy. Plus I don't resell.( I actually can't) Nut i like to "invest" Like to buy stuff for my collection, that may hold value for the future. Plus..well...those websites don't have personal opinions ether. I could go and find the prices. But if I ask here I can get "Yeah its a good deal, but.......".[/QUOTE]

Well you people aren't very harsh. When I said "investing" I ment it in a way for like my children, if I have any, to be able to sell or keep, or me if we get in hard times. Also I do look up things but opinion matters to me. Something could be worth craploads of money, and one of you says that its not fun or usefull or good etc. Besides like I said I don't, woulden't (at least for video games I want) and CAN'T sell my things. And furthermore I would use personal opinion investing. If you ask why, I say WHY NOT!!!!! M'kay?

Picked up a couple things recently...

Complete in box copy of Yoshi's Story-10
I'm actually not a fan of the game. I played it and kinda hated it BUT I'm kinda a fan of the character (understatement) so I figured why not? By the looks of it, I could turn around a fair profit if I opted to sell it but I kinda want to keep it, lol. He had a bunch of other interesting games in the lot but was asking ebay prices for some of them. I may go back and try to talk him down on some of the stuff.

Bunch of games-10
Included in this lot was Wii Play, some GBA Naruto game, some Revolution 4 DS cart, some PS3 MMA game, Kane and Lynch and Pokemon Emerald. Obviously the Pokemon game was the pick of the litter. I already traded in some of those other games for another game more worthy of flipping/trading in Pokemon Crystal.

Man I can't wait until I get my car fixed so I can stop all this flipping.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']What about this.

Nes Konami LaserScope and Power Glove with Punchout - $75 (Gahanna)

Date: 2011-10-04, 5:42PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling My Vintage Nes stuff...

Nes Konami LaserScope

Nes Power Glove with Mike Tyson Punchout (Glove and Game only)

$75 Cash for Both

Brian

614-937-1086

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3m43od3p55U15S05R2b9a6ea13015569d19df.jpg
3n93m93pb5Y25Q15S0b9a792f00a29afe1447.jpg
3na3k03l55U25P15R2b9b1bc072bbe9d11f16.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's probably an okay price for collecting, I'm not sure if I would touch it for flipping though at that price (accessories could be finicky, might not have all the parts). It could be $100 of stuff there if the glove comes with the sensors (which the ad says it doesn't--so you might be paying about what everything is worth there)

Found another neat deal today too. Some dude was getting rid of his boxed sega saturn which I really didnt need since I already have 4 but the deal was for everything and he wouldnt part out the games. For $50 bucks got complete copies of:
Guardian Heroes
Die Hard Arcae
X-Men Children o the Atom
And Virtua Cop 2 with 2 light guns
Plus a Boxed and complete Sega Saturn Model 2 with an extra controller.
I can probably make my $50 bucks back by selling the console by itself so I think it was a good deal.

Guardian Heroes HD just came out so that might have dropped the value but I thought Guardian Heroes was one of the most expensive Saturn games. Easily $90+. And an awesome game.

Broken 160 GB Playstation 3 Slim (Not Pictured, System Only) - 30
7 PC Games - 10
NES With Hookups, 2 1st Party Controllers , Zapper & 8 Games (System, SMB/Duck Hunt, Hookups & Controllers Not Pictured) - 20
GBA System With 11 GB/C Games - 25

Old Craigslist finds from the past couple of months. I saw an ad many months ago that said something about having stuff for a yardsale and not having said yardsale because it rained on the day they were going to have it. In said ad they wanted to get rid of everything for one price and in this ad it mentioned a Nintendo system with games and between figuring it would most likely be a GameCube and them wanting to sell everything in one shot I didn't bother. A month or two and a few reposts later I noticed the same ad but with a lower price for everything. They wanted 40 for everything and I finally figured what the hell and asked about the Nintendo, it ended up being an NES and they were open to the idea of selling just that and asked me to make an offer which I did in 20 dollars.

The other 3 were all asking price. I was told the PS3 wouldn't get a picture so I figured I'd take a chance. When I got it home I did get a picture but the system would reset by itself. I had a hell of a time doing so without the system resetting on me but did get it reformatted and working for a while before it started resetting constantly again. I haven't gotten to it yet but looking around online it seems as if it could be a simple fix with the power supply.

[quote name='FOnewearl']
GBA System With 11 GB/C Games - 25

[/QUOTE]

Dat pokemon set.

Nice stuff you got there!

Today I noticed an ad for a model 2 genesis AND model 2 Sega CD. It has what looks like around 60 :)drool:) loose Genesis games and fifteen CD games, (including sonic CD :applause:). There also appears to be a ziploc bag of manuals. The lady wants $150 for all of it. Might try to talk her down a bit, but I'm pouncing on this deal. I'm making about an hour drive to pick it up this weekend, will post pics later if she doesn't go back on her word and sell it before then...

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete in box copy of A Link to the Past (With everything in it) for 20. Was really bummed I missed out on the CIB copy of Super Mario RPG. I would have bought that so fast...=(

NES System With 3 1st Party Controllers, Zapper & Generic Hookups & 52 Games - 110

The systems in the crate are from this bundle and the small NES bundle I posted about a week ago. This bundle came with a NES with the smooth texture to the gray of the system shell, the wrong AC Adaptor (but seemed to work ok) & generic A/V cords. This was from an ad on Craigslist from a while back, I can't remember what it said exactly but it either said how many games were included or a rough approximate in probably 50 games and was best offer. I was rather pessimistic with the lazy effort and big expectations you see/hear about so much on Craiglist but shot off an e-mail asking about a list. Got one back and not knowing exactly what others would offer and what kind of ideas the seller may have about what they wanted out of it I offered 110, was told that they wanted to get back in touch with the person that made the first offer (I guess to let them know a higher offer was made and to maybe see if they would best my offer) but ended up getting back to me a day or two later to finalize things. Zelda was actually a surprise as it was found after we made the deal and was added in, I think this was actually 53 games and I'm guessing if so the missing game is a SMB/Duck Hunt.

Tomorrow, hopefully I'll be picking up a copy of Pokemon Blue and Crystal for 12 bucks. There were a few other gameboy games but they were super common ones.

welp I did make a purchase on that sega genesis/cd. Bought everything for $125. had 58 games total and 15 cd games, 6 controllers, model 2 genny and model 2 Sega CD. One problem... the CD unit doesn't fucking work... :bomb: won't spin the disc. If anyone knows how to fix something like this, I could use some advice...

If not, I guess I can always use Kega Fusion. :cry:

HOORAY! I somehow managed to get that Sega CD working! I opened it up and made the wires have better connection to the motors and it seems to have worked! I was so happy I went and finally got around to taking pics of the lot. (after playing Sonic CD for about 3 hours :D) Bought all of this for $125.

GEDC0291.jpg

GEDC0292.jpg

Dragongod165

Yesterday's SNES haul:

IMG_2565.JPG

Ninja Warriors, Mario RPG, Earthworm Jim, Legend of Mystical Ninja, Zombies Ate My Neighbors and The Jungle Book, all for $50. About half off the current value, even though technically I overpaid for The Jungle Book. Helps that they're almost all awesome games, too.

Just got a black label FF7 and Drakengard 2 for $25. Not a bad pull, considering they're in damn near perfect condition. Plus, now I can sell my GH copy of FF7 and pretty much get my money back. Bonus!

Non gaming related but I picked up dr dre beats solo hd for $80 and 64 Disney DVDs for $30 (keeping a few, flipping the rest)

I already posted in the "Is this game rare?" thread but I figured I'd come in here. For 500.00 in Amazon credit I was able to get put onto an Amazon gift card, and 500.00 in cash, I got:
Boxed TurboGrafx 16
Boxed Turbo Express (both systems in great condition)
Turbo Booster
Turbo Tap for 5 players
Turbo Joystick
Two gamepads

And 92 games, which falls three short of the North American collection. I'm missing Bonk 3, Magical Chase (which sounds like a game I will never own given its huge value) and World Sports Competition. All of the games have their original jewel case style case and only four are missing manuals, and then he got Turbo Grafx cases for the games that originally did not ship in a jewel case, and made these really looking professional labels for the spines. A few of those games even have their original cardboard box, including Air Zonk.

Maybe not a huge steal, but a good deal nontheless, and one hell of a find. I'll never find another Turbografx lot like it again.

First time I've seen this thread! The only things on Craiglist around here anymore are overpriced 360 and Wii games.

However last summer I went and got a 80gb PS3 that was not working for $60. I figured I could try to fix it at that low of a price. He plugged it in and showed that it would not play discs. When I get it home it worked perfectly! Apparently it will not play discs if it's plugged into an ungrounded outlet. It's still going strong a year and a half later.

Only other good deal would be an NES with NES Advantage, NES Max, 2 zappers, 4 controllers, 2 Nintendo game racks and 52 games for $45.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I already posted in the "Is this game rare?" thread but I figured I'd come in here. For 500.00 in Amazon credit I was able to get put onto an Amazon gift card, and 500.00 in cash, I got:[/QUOTE]
So you paid $1000 for that? I so confused.

Yes, it was 500 in Amazon credit and 500 in cash. Sorry for not explaining that better.

EDIT: I just found one of the three games in the mess of games he said he didn't have in the lot. World Sports Competition, which is 50-75 dollar game with manual and case. :D Now all that is left for TG-16 is Magical Chase, which I will never get unless I blow Satan's cock, and Bonk 3, which is attainable, albeit in the 100 dollar range.

NES & SNES Systems with Everything Needed And Some Misc Extras (Pretty Sure It Also Included A Zapper I Misplaced)
26 SNES Games
160 NES Games

Saw an ad on Craigslist selling some stuff including a few systems with games that was best offer. I sent an e-mail asking about a list and the seller stressed that everything was sold together (as in each system with all of it's games) and basically said that they knew this stuff held some value but on the other end of the coin also stressed that if a reasonable enough offer was given it was going since it was rarely if ever used anymore and also mentioned that they were working on a list. Sent me a list shortly afterwards in another e-mail and I figured up 10 per a system, and anywhere from 1-3 per a game depending on what the game was. It added up to 344 with some unknow extra controllers etc not figured so I rounded up to 350 which they took. For the last picture - 1) The Star Tropics manual still has the letter from Uncle Steve attached to it unused 2) The Milton Bradley game with a photo copied manual over it is Digger T. Rock: Legend of The Lost City 3) Bo Jackson Baseball to Xevious all have those 1 page printed up shortened manuals with them 4) To the right of those 3 is Quattro Sports with printed up manual 5) Two over from Shinobi Is Air Fortress 6) The 5 Tengen games on the right are Rolling Thunder, Toobin', Super Sprint, Ms. Pac-Man and Skull & Crossbones

[quote name='C0dy']Nice stuff you got there.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, it wasen't insanely cheap but tons of manuals and I never find lots this size. Tops my biggest haul by 3x plus IIRC.

Saw an advertisement for 27 PS and 6 GC games disc only in a binder, 4 memory cards and 2 PS controllers, a PS A/V cable; make an offer. Listing said they had to go or they would be donated to GW. Of course I call and ask what he has, I hear a few good games; Resident Evil 2, RE: Nemesis, Tekken 1-3, GTA....
So I ask what he wants for them and he doesn't really give a reply, I offer $10 and he responds with $25. I ask if he will take $20 and he says he thinks $25 is fair. So I buckle and go get them.
I open the book and see Metal Gear: VR Missions, PS Gameshark Disc and Intelligent Qube. The GC games are Paper Mario, MarioKart Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Adventure 2, Shrek 2, CodeJunkies AR enhancer disc.

Kinda excited about getting Intelligent Qube even if it is disc only. There are a few shovelware items in the bunch but at $0.63 an item I can live with it.

With garage sales done around here, I have to resort to CL and the local auction house for deals. Here's my grab for the weekend:
dscn1115m.jpg
By mrrapp at 2011-11-05[/IMG]
dscn1116wn.jpg

By mrrapp at 2011-11-05

Paid $40. Not bad, considering I can sell the PS2 alone and get my money back. All of the games have their manuals and cases, and the discs are in great shape.

Some if it I'll keep; some of it will go towards the Skyrim/Skyward Sword/iPhone 4S fund.

Oh god, I answered this craigslist posting:
http://staugustine.craigslist.org/vgm/2689481909.html
I ask what the Virtual boy games are, and after assuring him 3 times I'm not just trying to buy them, that I'll take everything, he tells me "red alarm jacks brother mario clash and mario tennis." I ask if any of them have the box our booklet, and when he says they're all cart only I ask if he'll take 30 and he agrees. We arrange a time and place to meet, and I head out. By looking at the ad, how much stuff do you think was there? I figured I could fit it in my backpack, but when I get there he's like "I don't know how you're getting this home." and proceeds to open his trunk and pull out a huge, dirty, greasy black garbage bag full of stuff. Apparently the "some other junk to" was about 20 random controllers for different consoles, including some weird atari wireless joysticks.

Anywho, I find somebody to lend their help in getting it home, and while going through and pulling things out I happen upon the box to Jack Bros. I'm really excited at this point, going through more stuff and there is the manual for Red Alarm, manual for Mario Tennis, box for red alarm... and way at the bottom the manual for Jack Bros. Complete copy, along with half a dozen consoles and a ton of controllers. Definitely my best find ever. The box is kinda smooshed but it was in there just right so it's not unsalvageable, and the manual is very nice as is the cart. Plus there was a Genesis arcade stick and a Power Base Converter, both of which I'm excited about. I'll be selling Jack Bros, though. I'll probably never find another, but selling it is the only way for me to get my parents to look at my flipping and collecting as being even remotely respectable. My mom was shocked when I showed her completed listings for it, and my dad was less than impressed, though he will be once it sells. Plus my fiance will be estatic to see that much money going into the wedding fund. I'm so excited right now I can't even begin to describe it.

^That's like something I find in my dreams man. I wish I could find ANYTHING VB related around here. Congrats on the score.

Picked up off some kid a few days ago:

Final Fantasy 4 DS
Chrono Trigger DS
FF12 CE
Kirby Super Star Ultra
The World Ends With You
SMT Strange Journey (w/ box & CD)

$40

[quote name='nnthomas']Picked up off some kid a few days ago:

Final Fantasy 4 DS
Chrono Trigger DS
FF12 CE
Kirby Super Star Ultra
The World Ends With You
SMT Strange Journey (w/ box & CD)

$40[/QUOTE]

You have done very well here.

Fishy? It was a young teen and some smaller kid. Probably brothers. I cherry picked the good stuff, and offered him $40 to his face. He took a minute to "check" and agreed. I got a good deal, he got some money to buy candy at the store.

Listing said he needed some money, and people kept backing out, so he was eager to take the first offer.

My brother bought one of those gX TVs from Toys R Us back in the day. It's still sitting in his room at our parent's house. Honestly, I didn't think it was that great - he loved it, though, I guess that's what matters.

bread's done
Back