The Official Fargo-Moorhead Area Thread

Rihan

CAGiversary!
Well, I see there are a few of us in the area, so why not keep a little local running tab of whats out there.

Our town is in a unique situation. We are big enough to have all the major stores, but we are out of the major metro areas. We also have roughly 25,000 college student in town over the fall and spring, which keeps the used stores nicely supplied :)

We of course right now have 2 big things in town. The Media Play closing and the TRU sale.

Media Play, at least the last time I was out there still had a ton of inventory left. Its been a while though (day after they dropped to 30%) so I'm not sure what the state of the place is at the moment.

TRU, I was there at opening and was the only one in lot. Picked up what I needed and left a copy of RE4 for the lucky CAG who came in after me (Starman9000). Haven't been back since, so, again, I have no idea what state of disarray the store is in.

Thats all I can think of for now. I know there are a shit-ton of used stores in town, I'm sure we can dig up some stuff. Such as Lunar SSS at Vidcycle on 13th Ave. for $15 :D

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone have plans for the Wii launch? I'm thinking about going to Wal-Mart in Fergus Falls (if only for the fact that it won't have the Fargo spillover I expect the Dillworth store to have) and trying to snatch one at midnight.

If I was going to go out of town to get one, I would hit up the DL Walmart, with the one worry being that DL will attract everyone within a 30 mile radius. I wonder if Pamida will be getting any in. That would probably be the easiest bet for getting one, except that they aren't open 24 hours.

With the g-d "blue law," I have to skip into MN to get one at midnight. I didn't even think of DL, maybe that would be a reasonable option, although Fergus Falls might be better (if further away). I'll have to make some phone calls and find out about Dilworth.

Ugh, I completely forgot about that stupid law. Yeah, Dilworth will definently be swamped. I'm glad I'm not going to try to get one right away at launch.

[quote name='defiance_17']Has anyone seen Guitar Hero 2 on shelves in the area?[/QUOTE]

As of Wednesday neither BB or the Fargo Walmart had any out, haven't been anywhere else.

I made a few phone calls tonight regarding the Nintendo Wii if anyone's interested:

Target (Moorhead): ~20 units, handing out vouchers at 7:00 a.m.
Target (Fargo): unknown units (~50 from other sources), handing out vouchers at 11:00 a.m.

Walmart (Dilworth): 29 units, people already standing outside

Toys 'R' Us: 20 units, all preordered (I think they're full of shit)

I might see how the Targets are on Sunday morning, or just wait until I stumble across one in a store sometime. What a nightmare.

I just drove by the Dilworth Walmart about 20 minutes ago and it looks like if they aren't all claimed, they are awfully close.

Both the Moorhead and Fargo Target stores are sold out of the Wii. Official word from a family friend that works at the Fargo store was that they handed out 41 tickets before they opened and then 10 people were able to just walk in after they opened and buy them.

Still no luck finding a Wii (although I haven't been trying that hard...), so if anyone sees them in stock, especially those of you across the river, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Anyone do any shopping today? If so, how were the crowds?

Anyone looking to get in on the FFIII/FFXII deal at TRU, they had at least 6 copies of XII left as of about 12:30, but they are out of slips for III. I would ask as it wouldn't be the first time the slip system has failed.

Oh, they are also out of the bags.

I went to the K-mart on University and they had a bunch of games for 14.99. They had that Mark Echo game for 4.

Has anyone seen a Wii anywhere?

[quote name='starman9000']I went to the K-mart on University and they had a bunch of games for 14.99. They had that Mark Echo game for 4.

Has anyone seen a Wii anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen a Wii anywhere in the area, but TRU did have Classic Controllers and Wiimotes as of tonight. I braved the cold on Sunday morning to get one, but it was at a Target near my parents' place. I'm not sure how the lines were up here, but I arrived at 3:20, and I was the last to get one. Nintendo is loving this.

[quote name='defiance_17']I haven't seen a Wii anywhere in the area, but TRU did have Classic Controllers and Wiimotes as of tonight. I braved the cold on Sunday morning to get one, but it was at a Target near my parents' place. I'm not sure how the lines were up here, but I arrived at 3:20, and I was the last to get one. Nintendo is loving this.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, I guess I am not in a hurry.

Does anyone plan on going to bestbuy on Sunday for the HBO sale? I'd love to get Rome, but I won't be able to make it. PM if interested.

Also, TRU had 9 PS3's as off 2ish this afternoon. They were sold out of Wii's though. They got 12 Wii's and 10 PS3's I was told.

As of about 3:30pm today the Moorhead Target had 1 Wii in stock and out on the shelf. Would have posted sooner but the boards were down.

As of tomorrow you'll have one less CAG to compete with. I'm moving on to bigger and better things, which means everyone else has a little less information and (hopefully) more games/DVDs to go around. I'll keep an eye on this thread for when I come back to visit, but by and large our relationship is over. Good luck!

If you can't find a PS3 (don't know why you would want one...) in the area, you are blind. They are all over. I counted at least 25 between Best Buy, Target, Kmart, and Walmart.

Still no Wiis though :(

[quote name='Rihan']If you can't find a PS3 (don't know why you would want one...) in the area, you are blind. They are all over. I counted at least 25 between Best Buy, Target, Kmart, and Walmart.

Still no Wiis though :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, no problems with PS3's. I got a Wii a TRU before Christmas, but I haven't seen one since.

[quote name='Rihan']If you can't find a PS3 (don't know why you would want one...) in the area, you are blind. They are all over. I counted at least 25 between Best Buy, Target, Kmart, and Walmart.

Still no Wiis though :([/quote]

best buy in Grand forks on Sunday has 22 ps3s, target=9, walmart 14, didn't hit gamestop but all the sales guys I talked to said no one at all are buying ps3s.

Don't know if its still there, but as of about 6pm Saturday night, Vidcycle on 13th Ave. had a copy of Steel Batalion for $99, It was sitting on the back end of the front counter.

Software Etc. in the mall also had a copy of Gitaroo Man, but at $40 it was a little too much for my blood....

As of 1:30 PM today, Fargo Target has somewhere in the vicinity of like nine Wiis. A friend called to let me know, said it was the fastest he'd ever seen anyone fully wake up.

[quote name='LitBolt']As of 1:30 PM today, Fargo Target has somewhere in the vicinity of like nine Wiis. A friend called to let me know, said it was the fastest he'd ever seen anyone fully wake up.[/QUOTE]

Gah....I'm waiting for Best Buy to get them in. I have like $200 in gift cards to use up there and the Wii would be perfect.

Cash Wise in Moorhead is selling their used DVD's 3 for 9.49. Not a huge selection, but some good stuff. On the plus side they always come complete, but on the bad side they write on the disc.

Moorhead Target has a ton of the PS2 Tony Hawk Project 8 with deck bundles now marked down to $22.54

Was the first one in Best Buy Monday morning and the clearence games were either non-exsistant in the first place or someone went through over the weekend and got them all to price adjust later. By the time I got out of there I couldn't believe the number of people clammering around the area with lists in hand.....

[quote name='Rihan']Was the first one in Best Buy Monday morning and the clearence games were either non-exsistant in the first place or someone went through over the weekend and got them all to price adjust later. By the time I got out of there I couldn't believe the number of people clammering around the area with lists in hand.....[/QUOTE]

I was there too, to get a dvd. I didn't even bother looking for games, as there were plenty of dissappointed looking folks in the game section.

That Best Buy never seems to have much of these clearance/older games, so I would guess that didn't have most of them to begin with.

You weren't the guy who asked the blueshirt about the sale were you?

[quote name='starman9000']I was there too, to get a dvd. I didn't even bother looking for games, as there were plenty of dissappointed looking folks in the game section.

That Best Buy never seems to have much of these clearance/older games, so I would guess that didn't have most of them to begin with.

You weren't the guy who asked the blueshirt about the sale were you?[/QUOTE]

No, but I was standing in the DVD section about 10-15 feet away when that guy did. I had to restrain myself from laughing. :lol: "I don't know what kind of fictitious website you got your information from" :applause:

Yeah, I went out there mainly for the B1G1 "glitch" on the SE DVDs. Got Mystic River and Goodfellas. I was hoping they would still have a copy of We Love Katamari, but ah well.

I got a kick out of the employee walking around in the section, price tags in hand, wondering why the hell he couldn't find anything :lol:

[quote name='Rihan']No, but I was standing in the DVD section about 10-15 feet away when that guy did. I had to restrain myself from laughing. :lol: "I don't know what kind of fictitious website you got your information from" :applause:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think he replied: "I got it from the general internet" :lol:

[quote name='starman9000']Yeah, I think he replied: "I got it from the general internet" :lol:[/QUOTE]

I also overheard someone calling on the phone asking them about it. :applause: What the hell is wrong with people?

Anyone looking to get in on the Avatar error at Best Buy, I was able to get 2 copies of it. Beware the old lady, I can almost guarentee you she won't give it to you, but the one I dealt with didn't even think twice about it. There were 4 copies left after I got out of there.

What is this TRU you guys speak of? Oh I'm another Fargo CAGer. Anyone got tradelists up? No shipping for used game from another CAGer would be sweet deal. I am in process of making a trade list.

Boooooo, yet another CAGer to compete with ;)

j/k, welcome.

I don't have a tradelist, mainly cause I collect. I don't think I've ever sold a game.

Should really get this thread going again....

Has anyone sold games to Premier Video? Do they give you anything worth while? I have a bunch that I just don't see playing again, and ebay seems to be pretty dead.

If anyone sees an 80GB MGS4 bundle, or WiiFit anywhere in the area, please let me know. I've been looking around with very minimal effort, but haven't found either in the wild yet.

bread's done
Back