The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always assumed that when a CE got converted to used it reverted to the used game price of the standard edition of the game. But it looks like in this case the CE actually has a used SKU? I guess they are asking customers to trade in the statue/CE contents with the base game when they are trading the CE in?
I don't know if it's even possible to trade in the CE. A lot of games on Gamestop don't even have listings on the trade search. Such as Valkyrie Drive or Gal Gun, but Gamestop doesn't sell those games either. Also noticed that PS4 Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition also doesn't have a listing, but the XB1 does. Overwatch CE is a really weird case too, a new game that gets the 10% off, and even lets me use the coupons. If the new version is $79.99, and the used version is the same price, it makes me think that they never adjusted the new price from $99.99, and their price drop was accidentally converting it to used... in that case, if you buy it new online, you would get 10% off...

I always assumed that when a CE got converted to used it reverted to the used game price of the standard edition of the game. But it looks like in this case the CE actually has a used SKU? I guess they are asking customers to trade in the statue/CE contents with the base game when they are trading the CE in?

Overwatch one was converted a while ago, but never mentioned here. Thanks for reminding me about this thread though, as I was recently informed by an employee that The Witch and a Hundred Knights Revival Edition for PS4 was converted to used as well.

I don't know if it's even possible to trade in the CE. A lot of games on Gamestop don't even have listings on the trade search. Such as Valkyrie Drive or Gal Gun, but Gamestop doesn't sell those games either. Also noticed that PS4 Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition also doesn't have a listing, but the XB1 does. Overwatch CE is a really weird case too, a new game that gets the 10% off, and even lets me use the coupons. If the new version is $79.99, and the used version is the same price, it makes me think that they never adjusted the new price from $99.99, and their price drop was accidentally converting it to used... in that case, if you buy it new online, you would get 10% off...
It was never converted. At some point they shipped out a shit ton of them under new skus that ring up as preowned skus. The vast majority you see in the stores now are under those skus, not the ones shown on the website.

Most/all of the ones they shipped out will have the refurb sticker on them over the UPC to denote the fact that they are not the original shipment.

It was never converted. At some point they shipped out a shit ton of them under new skus that ring up as preowned skus. The vast majority you see in the stores now are under those skus, not the ones shown on the website.

Most/all of the ones they shipped out will have the refurb sticker on them over the UPC to denote the fact that they are not the original shipment.
Well that makes sense, the one I purchased today was 79.99 no PUR discount. I guess it was from the original shipment and just sat in the store this whole time.

Well that makes sense, the one I purchased today was 79.99 no PUR discount. I guess it was from the original shipment and just sat in the store this whole time.
I wonder why no PUR discount? The store I went to was advertising the 10% discount for being pro.

That store still shows having new inventory for the game, so I think he is just an idiot.  He said they didn't carry it new anymore, and I asked if they had been converted to used and he said yes.

The reason XB1 CoD IW Legacy has a separate listing is b/c the MW Remaster is on the disc for that version, while it's a download code on PS4.

The PDP fight pad controllers for the Wii U were converted recently. These are the ones with the character-specific designs. I think most employees don't even know this, but at any rate every store I've been to has them still in box. They're $12.99 before PUR discount. I've been trying to get a set of them, but the Peach and Luigi ones are no where to be found in my area. 

Is anyone else here aware that overwatch ce has converted to p/o?

Ymmv, but I paid 54.99 for it today

I didn't remember that this topic exists. My nearest GameStop just convert Injustice Ultimate Edition, and Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age Steelbook to pre owned. I hope someone get them in their stores.

Another convert games are Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition, Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe, Corpse Party: Back to School Edition, and Persona 5 steelbook. 

You sure they're not just trade-ins?
Dunno about it, but this store has 3 more copies of Injustice Ultimate, and 2 more Final Fantasy XII steelbook in their shelf. Is any possibility that 7 random people trade ins these copies? Also, I checked the other copies, and all of them still have their inserts.

New to this thread. What does it mean when they convert them to pre owned?
At some point after release, Gamestop will take their new stock of a game and convert them over to pre-owned in their system. No matter what, that game will automatically ring up at the pre-owned price. Sometimes they do this to clearance them out. Other times, they do it to jack the price up above MSRP.

Eventually, they even do it with Collector's Editions so even the Collector's Edition will ring up at the pre-owned price. Sometimes employess keep or throw away the bonus stuff that comes with the CE, but if you time it right or have cool employees, you can pick up the whole collector's edition (albeit opened) for the preowned price.

Does gamestop still do the birthday coupon where you get 20% off a preowned title? Haven't seen it around here in a while.

Or did they finally make it single use?

Does gamestop still do the birthday coupon where you get 20% off a preowned title? Haven't seen it around here in a while.
Or did they finally make it single use?
It's been single use for about 2 years I think. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. It was a sad day in CAG history. Based on all the birthdays I had due to those coupons, I should be at least 100

The Overwatch CE seems to be a definite conversion though. I keep getting an error every time I try to search for the CE on the site.  Really wish I checked stock on it in local stores before it converted.

Pro tip: even if you can't find it in your state, search 10001.  Most likely it'll show up there if it hasn't been converted.

Sorry for the off topic post but I got an extra B2G1 pre-owned coupon at GS. This works as every 3 items purchased, it will have the promo in effect. PM if you wanted to trade for anything.

Funny thing was they sent me 3 of these coupons!

I noticed Yoku's island express for the Switch appears to have converted. I checked earlier this week and every store near me had a new copy, zero preowned.

Now those are all pre-owned copies

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/yokus-island-express/157229
PS4 and XB1 versions of Yoku's Island Express also converted to used. You can find them in this link:

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-yokus+island+express,28zu0

I randomly checked a few other games and noticed Moss (PS4) was converted to used also, at $24.99:

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/moss-psvr/155882

Radial G: Racing Revolved (PS4) also appears to have been converted ($9.99):

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/radial-g-racing-revolved-psvr/154001

There probably were a bunch others too as I was just checking random titles.

Saw this thread mentioned in the main GS one and thought it could use a bump as I'd be interested in knowing new conversions! The recent ones were all pretty great with all the extras (manuals, maps, codes, etc) 

Guessing there isn't a great way to tell when this happens with the current website / app / etc.

This would be a great thread to maintain.

Some recent ones:

Psyvariar Delta
Penguin Wars
Kotodama : 7 mysteries or Fujisawa
Wargroove
Trine 4
Indivisible
Close to the Sun

Most are cheaper on xbox, check some prices and you can stack during 4 for $20 or 4 for $10 sales

For example trine 4 is $4.99 on xbox right now compared to $9.99 for PS4, and indivisible is $9.99 on xbox compared to $14.99 on PS4

I stacked some great deals with 4 for $20 today. Mutant Road to Eden, Sinking City, Indivisible, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2, Reel Fishing, Trine 4, Warhammer Chaosbane, and Recore Definitive

I didn't even know Gamestop still did conversions. Since this thread hasn't been bumped in almost two years, I thought conversions were dead. That and our resident informer is MIA.

Psyvariar Delta
Penguin Wars
Kotodama : 7 mysteries or Fujisawa
Wargroove
Trine 4
Indivisible
Close to the Sun
You sure? Some of those came out very recently.

bread's done
Back