The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kitsunisan']Go in, start 12 preorders, then cancel them all in 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Or put in 12 preorders when someone else is working, and cancel them when he's working. +/- of 0 is trumped by a -12.

[quote name='sp00ge']Or put in 12 preorders when someone else is working, and cancel them when he's working. +/- of 0 is trumped by a -12.[/QUOTE]

This. If you do it the way somebody mentioned above, it won't really affect him. I cannot advise retaliating with preorders, but if you must....

In all seriousness, just call the DM like people have mentioned and say he refused to sell you a complete item, taking parts away right in front of you.

[quote name='Yaosan']Thanks guys for the input definitely will research and call district manager.[/QUOTE]

Ive been scammed recently, i know this is a different story, but its still a scam. Key this guys car and steal his girlfriend.

This long-time CAG recommends.......................... GLITTER!!!!

27672.jpg

The employee would technically have a leg to stand on in that employees are advised to gut new copies though. Doing it after the customer is to pay for the item is messed up though. I'm not sure he'll necessarily get in trouble by a DM.

[quote name='Donut2922']The employee would technically have a leg to stand on in that employees are advised to gut new copies though. Doing it after the customer is to pay for the item is messed up though. I'm not sure he'll necessarily get in trouble by a DM.[/QUOTE]This is why he should take the petty route and cancel many preorders with that employee. :booty:

[quote name='Donut2922']The employee would technically have a leg to stand on in that employees are advised to gut new copies though. Doing it after the customer is to pay for the item is messed up though. I'm not sure he'll necessarily get in trouble by a DM.[/QUOTE]

Actually he might, it does say something along the lines of putting aside the extra stuff if available.

I'm not sure if this is at all stores but I just came back from my nearest GameStop and picked up a sealed :360: Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition that had been converted to Pre-Owned. I was pretty stoked because I've always wanted the Arcade Cabinet Bank.

how much is may payne 3 going for used? i seen a used version at target for about 12 and change. i'd love to get it at 10 or less

FWIW apparently Kid Icarus is being transferred to pre-owned. I went in there today to buy the pre-owned copy mine had and the only had the empty box sitting there on display, the guy pulled out a brand new sealed game with a rubber band around the stand. He said they had to convert it to pre-owned and that was the last one they had but it was brand new, so I got a brand new copy of it for $22.xx after PUR.

anyone know if street fighter x tekken is converted for both platforms?
I read that someone found a xbox 360 copy, but was wondering if it's also for ps3.

[quote name='The Punisher']anyone know if street fighter x tekken is converted for both platforms?
I read that someone found a xbox 360 copy, but was wondering if it's also for ps3.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking it is 360 only at the moment. Checked the stock locator, no Xbox 360 versions within 100 miles (prolly cause it was converted) and a bunch of ps3 ones all over the place.

[quote name='Yaosan']Found one halo ce edition sealed, then after gs employee realized it was to be sold as preowned he gutted it in front of me and saide you can only have the gane since that is the only thing your paying for, i asked him abount the rest of the item and he just said you cant have it as it is not part of the preowned game??????[/QUOTE]

Yeah you need to report him on tell gamestop.com

[quote name='kalel603']I was able to to use the online store pick up to hold a 360 Max Payne 3 Special Edition. I thought it was gonna ring up the used price so I had the 20% BD coupon ready and also used my PUR points to redeem a $10 off pre-owned game coupon. It rang up as NEW MERCHANDISE at 39.99.

I was at an out of the way GamesStop so I purchased it at full price anyways. Was this pre-owned conversion for the PS3 only? I was at another Gamestop and asked if they had any PS3 ones and they said it wasn't in the system anymore. When I asked about a 360 version they were able to look it up, there just wasn't any in stock in the area.

I'm thinking about just returning it at my local Gamestop since I can get this at the same price on Amazon. FYI, this was at a CA Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes they only convert it for one system, like they did recently with Medal of Honor Warfighter. Just for future reference, if you can even look it up as a new copy, that means it hasn't been converted. When it is the new SKU is completely erased out of the system.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah you need to report him on tell gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

Yea I'd report him to. He most likely stole all the content pieces and either used them on himself or sold them online.

I think it may be possible that Master of Illusion for DS was converted to used. I found it used today, complete with the playing card deck and outer box, for $1.99 (before power up card discount). The case inside the inner box still has the $19.99 new sticker. Also, the bottom seal on the box is still sealed, and that is the only way to get to the playing card deck, without destroying the inside of the box. Finally, the Club Nintendo code was unused. So, either this game was converted to used, or I had an extraordinarily good find.

EDIT: The printed date on the price sticker does show 050313, which would be close to when the recent used conversions happened.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']I can confirm that the 360 SFxT Special Edition was converted. It comes to $12.99 after the birthday coupon.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone found out if the PS3 SFxT was converted?

[quote name='haywire69']Has anyone found out if the PS3 SFxT was converted?[/QUOTE]

the ps3 is not converted. only for xbox 360.
anyone know when they going to conert the ps3?

also, i got a xbox 360 sealed assassin creed 3 le for $30 after bday coupon.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']I can confirm that the 360 SFxT Special Edition was converted. It comes to $12.99 after the birthday coupon.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please direct me to this birthday coupon. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

[quote name='The Punisher']
also, i got a xbox 360 sealed assassin creed 3 le for $30 after bday coupon.[/QUOTE]
Damn, where do you guys live? When this got converted, it was gone within four days around me, and you are still able to get it now? :whistle2:|

What is the story with the Zone of the Enders (HD Collection) Limited Edition - 360? It says it is NEW for $59.99 on their site, but I saw one at my local GS that had a huge sticker saying $29.99.

I believe it was brand new and sealed but was located pretty high on display so I couldn't tell. Also had a pretty good dent in the bottom corner, so I didn't even bother.

They may have been trying to get rid of it by discounting it from its regular price by $20. In the past my DM would have us mark down CE's and other hard to move items in the hopes that it would sell as a gift during Christmas.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']CoD Blops 2 care package has been converted according to the associate I just talked to. Not in the system at all.[/QUOTE]

Damn, now THAT would be a great find new/sealed.

Was able to score one at my local GameStop (I actually didn't have to go hunting for a CE for once)!

I was there to return the 360 Max Payne 3 SE I got for full price that was not converted to used mentioned earlier in the thread. I saw it sitting high up a shelf with a price tag of $179 and rembered reading something about it being converted. I actually didn't get it right then and there - went to return something at Target (picked up Resident Evil Revelations 3DS on clearance for $5.98, can't wait to replay it again) nearby and decided to check this thread to confirm. Still, I did not head back to buy it right away. I didn't want a repeat of MP3 so I called up a couple of GSs in the area to ask about pricing and availability - they said it wasn't available and/or in the system anymore.

Satisfied with their responses, I went in armed with the BD coupon and a $10 off preowned PUR coupon that I didn't get to use on Max Payne. In the end, I got it for a total of $18.35, $20.86 with tax. The GS CS ringing me up said it was my lucky day and suggested I go buy a lottery ticket - I didn't want to dissapoint him so on my way home to pour gas, I purchased my first lottery ticket...

Apologize for the long post, still excited about it.

Good luck to everyone else on the hunt for one. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to anyone hunting. I went to three and got the same response from all three: "The Care Package was preorder only at Gamestop. We didn't get any extras, and any extras at other stores were preorders that were never picked up."

I called a few others in the area just to see and got the exact same thing from them too.

[quote name='sp00ge']Good luck to anyone hunting. I went to three and got the same response from all three: "The Care Package was preorder only at Gamestop. We didn't get any extras, and any extras at other stores were preorders that were never picked up."

I called a few others in the area just to see and got the exact same thing from them too.[/QUOTE]I got the same response (more or less) when asking about the Halo 4 LE at several GSs. So I guess I'll just ask about the Care Package if I have another reason to stop by a GS.

Got back a few minutes ago from my store and they converted street fight X taken collectors edition. One of the guys I talk to the most happened to be there and gave me the rest of it, so from like 79.99 still to 12.65 with the birthday coupon is pretty great if you ask me.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Got back a few minutes ago from my store and they converted street fight X taken collectors edition. One of the guys I talk to the most happened to be there and gave me the rest of it, so from like 79.99 still to 12.65 with the birthday coupon is pretty great if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Wait, is this for the ps3?

[quote name='tuffguycore']Got back a few minutes ago from my store and they converted street fight X taken collectors edition. One of the guys I talk to the most happened to be there and gave me the rest of it, so from like 79.99 still to 12.65 with the birthday coupon is pretty great if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Wait what birthday coupon

[quote name='The Punisher']Get 20% off any used game.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know about the coupon but i didnt know there's one out there because when i got a coupon and i posted my coupon so everyone could use it how did you get it

Can anyone please confirm if the ps3 was converted or not?

thanks

[quote name='The Punisher']Can anyone please confirm if the ps3 was converted or not?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I can't confirm but I was at GS yesterday and all the 360 copies were gone but they had 2 PS3's just sitting there.

[quote name='sasukekun']List updated with reported conversions.[/QUOTE]
think you got it wrong sf x tekken was only for xbox

Nothing new, sorry to bring this back to first page. I just want to ask if anyone know if the mw3 hardened edition for xbox has been converted? TIA

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone by any chance see any new converted games?[/QUOTE]

See OP, just updated it. Small list yesterday.

Do PC games get converted by any chance? I'm wonder because my gamestop has Borderlands 2 Ultimate LootChest Limited Edition for PC.

Anyone know if Gears of War 3 Epic Edition has been converted?

[quote name='maxpower0965']Do PC games get converted by any chance? I'm wonder because my gamestop has Borderlands 2 Ultimate LootChest Limited Edition for PC.

Anyone know if Gears of War 3 Epic Edition has been converted?[/QUOTE]

PC games, rarely. Like so rarely, Phantasy Star Universe for the PC got converted a few months ago, and havent seen one since then. Gear3 not converted.

bread's done
Back