The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw hows your BD CE preorder? Is it shipped? I hope they can reprint another 5k or so.
There's nothing on that yet. I've only ordered once when there was a "Temporarily Unavailable" thing and that was Fire Emblem Awakening. It shipped like a week later and I got the new estimate an hour before it shipped, so if it does get reprinted, I won't know until it's already on its way.

What game are you lol'ing about?
The Bravely Default CE. People still think that games that aren't in an area are converted even when the listing is still online.

God bless accidents!

I stopped at a mall to go to a sears and stopped at the gamestop to look around and low and behold they have a GTA V CE sitting there marked at $130.

It never showed up on the online stock checker before it was converted so I never thought about checking for it there

Forgot about this thread. No conversions in quite a while. Anything coming up soon?
Pretty sure Arkham City (Game) was converted recently.. Also the Resistance trilogy was also converted.. Other than that, nothing big.

Edit: Actually yes there is something. Completely forgot. The red PS3 Sony wireless controllers were converted not too long ago.

I think Wonderbook got converted because I just picked up Wonderbook: Book of Spells with Wonderbook peripheral +  Book of Spells game + PS Move motion controller + PS Eye camera for $6.99

I think Wonderbook got converted because I just picked up Wonderbook: Book of Spells with Wonderbook peripheral + Book of Spells game + PS Move motion controller + PS Eye camera for $6.99
is this a bundle? all you need is the controller and eye to play "move" games right?

edit: it says eye and controller is seperate. a store nearby me has it,but its considered as new...guess ill call and ask

I think Wonderbook got converted because I just picked up Wonderbook: Book of Spells with Wonderbook peripheral + Book of Spells game + PS Move motion controller + PS Eye camera for $6.99
Nice my store has two of these, will confirm tomorrow when I work.

8ZudNDV.jpg

everything pictured here was in the bundle

I can try to snap pictures/receipts if need be in a couple hours (working atm).

The gamestop employee was beside himself when I bought it, saying that everything in the bundle trades in higher then the bundle's price.

8ZudNDV.jpg

everything pictured here was in the bundle

I can try to snap pictures/receipts if need be in a couple hours (working atm).

The gamestop employee was beside himself when I bought it, saying that everything in the bundle trades in higher then the bundle's price.
man,you got lucky haha. i just called in the nearest store that had it and they said its "new" and $69.99.

edit: yeah, called most of my local gamestops. none $6.99. cheapest is $29.99,new. $25 too much for me.

Not sure about it being converted. It still shows up in the store tracker and all my local stores have the bundle. Going to call a far away store and confirm the price before I head out to get one.

Nothing this week. Now I see why the Red DualShock 3s I received 2 weeks ago had to be received as preowned. It sucked having to gut them open, because I wanted to display them with the original packaging. But that would've confused a lot of people.

Nothing this week. Now I see why the Red DualShock 3s I received 2 weeks ago had to be received as preowned. It sucked having to gut them open, because I wanted to display them with the original packaging. But that would've confused a lot of people.
Thanks for the info!

Well some stores are quite strict about converting/gutting games. I consider myself lucky that most stores around me don't care about it. I guess it's up to the managers?

So, would it be better to go in and have them scan it? It seems like everyone else here is just calling the stores up.

Sorry, I guess this is super YMMV but the employee made it seem like this was company wide and not a fuck up.

my iphone is jonesing for it's update over the summer right now.

going to embed the receipt and link out the box and contents.

Receipt:

fdcSgRY.jpg

Preowned sticker

Box at an angle trying and failing to display both sticker prices

and box contents

opened a ps move controller yesterday from kmart, so I have no idea whether to keep both or try to flip one or the other
Was the ZoE HD CE you picked up for PS3?

Sorry, I guess this is super YMMV but the employee made it seem like this was company wide and not a fuck up.

my iphone is jonesing for it's update over the summer right now.

going to embed the receipt and link out the box and contents.

Receipt:

fdcSgRY.jpg

Preowned sticker

Box at an angle trying and failing to display both sticker prices

and box contents

opened a ps move controller yesterday from kmart, so I have no idea whether to keep both or try to flip one or the other
They prob put the sticker for the one w.out the eye and move that shows $6.xx what you paid
http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/102646

Yea, I went to two stores that had the $69.99 bundles and they still rang up as new.  If they really did convert it would show that they had pre-owned copies at the location regardless of whether they changed the stickers. 

went to one of my local gamestops today and found a CE of GTA 5 for ps3 still tagged $129.00 guy was new and had to call another store for help cause it would not ring up. had to  step outside for a moment. when i came back in guy said if you where on the fence about it your not gona care cause its only $40.00 have to say i was happy to walk out the door at that price.

went to one of my local gamestops today and found a CE of GTA 5 for ps3 still tagged $129.00 guy was new and had to call another store for help cause it would not ring up. had to step outside for a moment. when i came back in guy said if you where on the fence about it your not gona care cause its only $40.00 have to say i was happy to walk out the door at that price.
Grats and next time, just tell them to scan the UPC instead of gamestop's price stickers(or just scan a used copy); nothing will come up if they scan those stickers cuz converted games are out of their system.

Grats and next time, just tell them to scan the UPC instead of gamestop's price stickers(or just scan a used copy); nothing will come up if they scan those stickers cuz converted games are out of their system.
he did that before i even asked. he scaned their old barcode and the one on the back. he had to punch in manual. forgot to give him my pur rewards card lol but still happy

he did that before i even asked. he scaned their old barcode and the one on the back. he had to punch in manual. forgot to give him my pur rewards card lol but still happy
I believe you can still have the points added. Just have to make a call or something with the receipt.
The way to do it was on the PUR site.

SO just to clarify the op is up to date except for GTA V CE?

And we believe the wonderbook was an error?
It's not up to date. To the best of my knowledge, the following are converted as well:

1. ZOE HD Collection Limited Edition(PS3/Xbox 360)

2. Soul Calibur V Collector's Edition(PS3/Xbox 360)

3. Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition(PS3)

4. a bunch of other games I don't care(hence I can't remember)

You can just check the last few pages, especially invizible's posts.

It's not up to date. To the best of my knowledge, the following are converted as well:

And Borderlands 2 vault hunters CE as well.

ZOE HD limited for xbox 360 rang up regular price. Anyone know for sure if it was converted?

The guy scan twice, and then on the 3rd scan, the price came up on the small keypad.

Yea, I think that guy just got some random luck.  His receipt shows the 360 sku for Zone of the Enders, but that one is still full price & available in many stores.  PS3 one shows completely OOS so that would be the one that converted.

Didn't know if it was posted but Call of Duty Ghosts Hardened Edition for XBOX ONE was just converted to used, $54.99. Not sure if PS4 version got converted or not...

Didn't know if it was posted but Call of Duty Ghosts Hardened Edition for XBOX ONE was just converted to used, $54.99. Not sure if PS4 version got converted or not...
The SKU for the XB1 version still exists in the system. I just looked it up. So no conversion on that or the PS4 version yet.

Oh btw, there'll be conversions this Friday, 4/4. I'll get the list sooner this time around.

Saw a wonderbook for $6.99 today. Unfortunately they only found the blue book. Please post the conversions when you can. I'm having surgery friday and would like to set somethings up.

Saw a wonderbook for $6.99 today. Unfortunately they only found the blue book. Please post the conversions when you can. I'm having surgery friday and would like to set somethings up.
that all the 6.99 one come with the move bundle one is still full price. 6.99 is the used price of the vanilla wonder book

Small list, but my store FINALLY has a collector's edition conversion.

4/4 Conversions
ACIV: LE (PS3)
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster (360)
Lego Minotaurus Set w/ Lego Battles (DS)

Anyone know of Any other potential conversions happening tomorrow? I would scope some gamestops out today myself and find out but my schedule busy already today

bread's done
Back