The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get 1 of each reserved strangely at the same store (after getting multiple denials at other stores) . I have a feeling neither will be there tomorrow, but we will see.

I was able to get 1 of each reserved strangely at the same store (after getting multiple denials at other stores) . I have a feeling neither will be there tomorrow, but we will see.
that why I did reserve at two different stores. I got ready for pickup notice for both store. So if they have it at the first store held for me for once then I can cancel my 2nd pickup order. I just wanted to cover my ass so gamestop dont screw me out of one

that why I did reserve at two different stores. I got ready for pickup notice for both store. So if they have it at the first store held for me for once then I can cancel my 2nd pickup order. I just wanted to cover my ass so gamestop dont screw me out of one
That's what I tried to do, but the backup store ended up having it and it happened to be the store that reserved the PS3 version earlier. doh! I tried 5 stores.

That's what I tried to do, but the backup store ended up having it and it happened to be the store that reserved the PS3 version earlier. doh! I tried 5 stores.
i reserved mine at 2 diffent stores but ended up gettting held both at same store. also if thing really is just foam might just forget it lol.....or sell the plane to someone i work with

There's 25 stores showing the 360 version within 30 miles of me. :/ (now 24 that may have it)

I don't think these sold as well as they had hoped.  I picked one up back when it was $70 on sale, but I got an extra today so I have one to keep and one to crash :p

I found there was a small window between a fully charged battery and "still running but too slow for takeoff." If you can't get it into the air in the first 4-5 attempts, you probably ran the battery down too far and it's best to recharge it.

I think the engines on my are terribly unbalanced too, it flew but would only turn to the right. It was still fun though! Thanks, sp00ge, for posting the spare parts site!

I found there was a small window between a fully charged battery and "still running but too slow for takeoff." If you can't get it into the air in the first 4-5 attempts, you probably ran the battery down too far and it's best to recharge it.

I think the engines on my are terribly unbalanced too, it flew but would only turn to the right. It was still fun though! Thanks, sp00ge, for posting the spare parts site!
Well, you obviously have a plane and not a racecar then!

The store I goto most often already had one of each console's version converted. $34/$31
This was the way the one I stopped at and picked one up was. They already had it stuck as preowned.

From what I gather, they do the conversions on Thursday, and it is taken out of the system overnight Thursday->Friday.

Okay guys. I found Blacklist at a gamestop. Should I get it? I used a buy 2g1 coupon yesterday on the Headsets changed to preowned. 2 sets of sealed Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD for 107.99 ea and got the $99.99 GTA V Pulse Elite ps4 headset free. Gotta say they were well worth the 0.00 price tag lol.

PM Me if you want to buy a pair of Beats for $120 shipped.

The problem is,if you don't get the hold request in the night before the store closes,they usually send an email in the morning,"can not be fulfilled."

Dang, last week about 6-7 stores had low stock of each 360/ps3. Today I come to try to do a hold and now the system tells me there are none available. Wtf. Prob a hoarder. :(

Dang, last week about 6-7 stores had low stock of each 360/ps3. Today I come to try to do a hold and now the system tells me there are none available. Wtf. Prob a hoarder. :(
b/c there aren't available. They are taken out the system and turned into standard edition games. You should have done it yesterday before the conversion. You could have just asked if they had one and they might have sold you one.

Got mine as soon as the store opened this morning.  The girl didn't even look at the markdown list until after she grabbed it off the high display shelf and was pretty surprised just how low it went.  After B-day coupon, PUR and a $20 off used coupon, I paid 7.62 for it.  Too bad it's so windy today, because I'm really looking forward to flying the Paladin.

Got mine as soon as the store opened this morning. The girl didn't even look at the markdown list until after she grabbed it off the high display shelf and was pretty surprised just how low it went. After B-day coupon, PUR and a $20 off used coupon, I paid 7.62 for it. Too bad it's so windy today, because I'm really looking forward to flying the Paladin.
Congrats. So the $20 off preowned coupon works after they scan the B-Day coupon? I was just asking about this on the GS TIV thread. I'm definitely going to have to try this today. Thank you.

Is the $20 off preowend a SOTW?
No, just the regular one for 16k points. I had points to burn so I cashed some in for the coupon.

Congrats. So the $20 off preowned coupon works after they scan the B-Day coupon? I was just asking about this on the GS TIV thread. I'm definitely going to have to try this today. Thank you.
Yeah, I had her scan the b'day first, then the $20 off preowned.

I can't confirm right now, but I think that the Max Payne 3 SE for 360 may have converted at some point.

EDIT: along with possibly Hitman Absolution Professional Edition PS3

I can't confirm right now, but I think that the Max Payne 3 SE for 360 may have converted at some point.

EDIT: along with possibly Hitman Absolution Professional Edition PS3
I'll check one of the stores by me that I knew had the Max payne one.. I know the Professional edition was converted for 360 because I have it..

Picked up my Paladin today. Thanks whoever mentioned it :D

Picked this one up today still sealed for $6.29 (6.99 preowened) Lego Minotaurus Set w/ Lego Battles (DS).

My Dad was able to pick up one of each system Blacklist and used the b-day coupon on both of them. He had to pay oop though because they won't let anyone else use my PUR card.

An Employee i know already knew about the conversion at my store. He already have it set aside for himself! He kept telling me someone already put a hold on it but his face couldnt hold a straight face. Lol!

One on each system were $27.xx each with tax, bday coupon, and pur discount. Would have saved $4 if he could have used my card to pay for it, but still a killer deal (plus they applied the bday coupon to each one).

It pays to know GS employees.  :)  I've known our district manager for years, ever since he was a lowly register jockey at a now-defunct local GS YEARS ago.  So I went into the store he's been working out of today to check out their stock on the b2g1 games - didn't have a clue about the converted games.  He's telling me about the Pulse headset, and I tell him I'd probably jump on that deal if I didn't already have one.  He then says that if I can find a store that still has Blacklist it's been converted and comes w/ the plane.  He hasn't checked around at the other stores yet, but the store he was at didn't have it.  I thanked him & went about my day not thinking too much of it.

Stopped by GS #2 checking THEIR stock of b2g1 games, which was much better.  While I was there I asked them about Blacklist, but they told me one of the other employees already bought their only one.  I don't blame him honestly, so I thanked them & went about picking out my games (nice selection at this store :) ).  Had another errand stop to make after that, then I was headed home and decided at the last minute to swing by the GS that's on my way home and ask them about Blacklist.  This is my "regular" store, so the guys there really know me.  I go in & the manager and one of the other guys I talk to a lot are both there.  We chat a bit, then I ask them about Blacklist.  The manager looks at the other guy & laughs, and the other guy goes "I was going to take it home to my brother, but you come first - I'll go get it!"  They bring it out of the back & it's the 360 one (which I'm not saying anything about - I don't have a 360 but I figure I can trade the game in or something, wasn't even thinking about it technically being a used game now).  The manager puts it on the counter and says "So, did you actually want the game or...?"  I look at him confused, and he continues "I know you can just return it, so I was just checking to see if you even wanted it."  I replied "Not really...I don't have a 360.  I'd probably take it if it was the PS3 version."  He says "That's cool, I'll just take it out then."

He takes the game out of the CE & hands me the CE stuff.  "Here you go!"  :D

Awesome.  

It pays to know GS employees. :) I've known our district manager for years, ever since he was a lowly register jockey at a now-defunct local GS YEARS ago. So I went into the store he's been working out of today to check out their stock on the b2g1 games - didn't have a clue about the converted games. He's telling me about the Pulse headset, and I tell him I'd probably jump on that deal if I didn't already have one. He then says that if I can find a store that still has Blacklist it's been converted and comes w/ the plane. He hasn't checked around at the other stores yet, but the store he was at didn't have it. I thanked him & went about my day not thinking too much of it.

Stopped by GS #2 checking THEIR stock of b2g1 games, which was much better. While I was there I asked them about Blacklist, but they told me one of the other employees already bought their only one. I don't blame him honestly, so I thanked them & went about picking out my games (nice selection at this store :) ). Had another errand stop to make after that, then I was headed home and decided at the last minute to swing by the GS that's on my way home and ask them about Blacklist. This is my "regular" store, so the guys there really know me. I go in & the manager and one of the other guys I talk to a lot are both there. We chat a bit, then I ask them about Blacklist. The manager looks at the other guy & laughs, and the other guy goes "I was going to take it home to my brother, but you come first - I'll go get it!" They bring it out of the back & it's the 360 one (which I'm not saying anything about - I don't have a 360 but I figure I can trade the game in or something, wasn't even thinking about it technically being a used game now). The manager puts it on the counter and says "So, did you actually want the game or...?" I look at him confused, and he continues "I know you can just return it, so I was just checking to see if you even wanted it." I replied "Not really...I don't have a 360. I'd probably take it if it was the PS3 version." He says "That's cool, I'll just take it out then."

He takes the game out of the CE & hands me the CE stuff. "Here you go!" :D

Awesome.
Hopefully youll give that employee a good survey once you buy something from him again.

Yup! Paying it forward. Blacklist wasnt in my radar at all so missing out on it wasnt a big deal. Plus im not into RC stuff. Its was just funny seeing the employee's face trying to hide his devious plan. Haha!

I just called the one GS near me that still has the Paladin Edition of Blacklist and they said both copies they have (PS3 & PC) are $70. Are they wrong?

So I picked my Xbox version up earlier I had on hold earlier tried telling me over $100 I was like uh no. She scanned the hold receipt which obviously didn't work and appearantly used the website pricing. I then told her you didn't even scan the Item itself scan it and you will see. Then even after it scanned $34.99 she had to get permission from her manager over the phone first to see if it ok? Like wow that why I hate the store I went to but It was the closest and less out the way for today. Always a hassle at my local one.

The RC plane isn't worth dealing with the Gamestops around here lol. Honestly, I have had 0 good experiences shopping at a GameStop in Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh or Milwaukee.

Congrats to everyone getting that plane though. One of te collet collectors editions I have seen

I placed a hold on the 360 Blacklist last night and stopped by this morning. Sure enough, it was still waiting for me sealed in the original CE packaging. The employee knew it was converted and told me he was taking the only copy of the PS3 version they had since someone (me) put a hold on the 360 version. I never knew I wanted a remote controlled plane until yesterday. Now, I can't wait to try it out! Thanks, OP!

Also, if anyone has the 360 version of Blacklist and wants the codes for the exclusive CE DLC, send me a PM. I don't plan on using them. The DLC appears to include exclusive suits, weapon and Co-op missions.

Edit: claimed.

I placed a hold on the 360 Blacklist last night and stopped by this morning. Sure enough, it was still waiting for me sealed in the original CE packaging. The employee knew it was converted and told me he was taking the only copy of the PS3 version they had since someone (me) put a hold on the 360 version. I never knew I wanted a remote controlled plane until yesterday. Now, I can't wait to try it out! Thanks, OP!

Also, if anyone has the 360 version of Blacklist and wants the codes for the exclusive CE DLC, send me a PM. I don't plan on using them. The DLC appears to include exclusive suits, weapon and Co-op missions.
I would be very careful flying it thought cause if you check review videos of the plane flying over 90% is the plane either not taking off or the plane crashing and breaking. I got one myself today but mainly got it for display purpose since I don't wana have spent that money only to have it crash and break lol

I passed by the store that had that one special edition, unfortunately it was the PC version and they never get converted. Would be awesome If someone could confirm this one.
It shouldn't be hard to confirm now that I think about it. Just have a GS employee search for it in the system. If it exists still, it wasn't converted.

I tried reserving the Paladin Edition at eight different gamestops. Finally the eighth store said it was ready for pickup. I drove there (about 9 miles) and they didn't have it. I'm assuming an employee wanted it. They tried to call me a couple hours after they sent me the confirmation to tell me they didn't have it. I didn't see the call.

Win some, lose some. I'm glad I waited to redeem my $20 off coupon until I saw the CE box with my own eyes. Or else I'd be looking for another preowned game to buy right now.

BTW I also have the CE DLC code for 360 which I'm not going to use - first PM gets it.  

EDIT:  Gone!  

bread's done
Back