The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know why I am scum for working at the place that converts the same things you other consumers want since considering I am, u know, also a gamer/collector. Someone enlighten me please.
1. You don't pay for it. You can get if for free once it converts and is gutted.

2. You don't play by the rules. A customer places a hold request. You want the item so you deny the request and keep it for yourself.

3. You don't adhere to store rules. Customer gets first dibs.

1. You don't pay for it. You can get if for free once it converts and is gutted.

2. You don't play by the rules. A customer places a hold request. You want the item so you deny the request and keep it for yourself.

Got him! (Or her!)

Again, to those that are new to conversions: whenever I or sasukekun post lists, the lists are based on our stores' inventory. Since my store doesn't have ACIV LE in stock for PS4 OR XB1, I can't confirm until the actual conversion day if the SKUs have been deleted. Conversion days usually happen on a Friday, and we get our stores' lists the day before.

As for CEs that WILL NOT been converted:
Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
South Park (PS3/360)
COD Ghost Hardened and Prestige (PS4/XB1)
Titanfall (XB1)
Sniper Elite 3 (PS4/XB1)
Watch Dogs (PS4/XB1)
Adventure Time Explore The Dungeon... (3DS)

I don't work at GS but the scum comments are pathetic. Converted to used means exactly that. You not supposed to get the CE still sealed with all items intact. Wants it all? pay the new price before the conversion. You're not supposed to get the CE paying used price for it. So what if GS employess get to keep the collectable, good for them for having a perk working there. Stop bitching and moaning.

I don't work at GS but the scum comments are pathetic. Converted to used means exactly that. You not supposed to get the CE still sealed with all items intact. Wants it all? pay the new price before the conversion. You're not supposed to get the CE paying used price for it. So what if GS employess get to keep the collectable, good for them for having a perk working there. Stop bitching and moaning.
Well you're mostly right :), but if shenanigans are afoot and a GS employee ganks something that I had dibs on (as in, my hold request brings it to their attention), I may be miffed.

Again, to those that are new to conversions: whenever I or sasukekun post lists, the lists are based on our stores' inventory. Since my store doesn't have ACIV LE in stock for PS4 OR XB1, I can't confirm until the actual conversion day if the SKUs have been deleted. Conversion days usually happen on a Friday, and we get our stores' lists the day before.

As for CEs that WILL NOT been converted:
Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
South Park (PS3/360)
COD Ghost Hardened and Prestige (PS4/XB1)
Titanfall (XB1)
Sniper Elite 3 (PS4/XB1)
Watch Dogs (PS4/XB1)
Adventure Time Explore The Dungeon... (3DS)
thanks. and dark souls 2 ps3/xbox i think

For the record they are stealing. That isn't just my view, but it is also GS corporate's view.

For the record they are stealing. That isn't just my view, but it is also GS corporate's view.
Untrue. If an item is converted to used, then said item is open for the wild to get the contents. If an item is traded, therefore becoming used, all contents other than the software is available for others to grab, that's why it is used. Otherwise we would be allowed to take trades on sealed merchandise. Pennied out, now that's stealing.

3.Customer does not get first dibs. The email that gives the list explicitly states, "This email intended for GameStop store use ONLY", Which means we get first dibs. Now we give the heads up because we know there are some who wants a ce that otherwise can't be obtained for " cheap".

2. You're only placing a hold request so you can circumvent the rules. You wouldn't have placed that same hold one hour prior to you knowing the item was going converted. Its like a child trying to grab the controller from brother simply because he picked it up, knowing you had no intention to before (im a younger brother too so I know).

1. And most times, I read comments (and took some for myself) from customers (members of this site) who would buy the ce, go outside and gut it themselves, then return it to another store. What's the difference?

thanks. and dark souls 2 ps3/xbox i think
that is one that i REALLY hope doesnt get converted anytime soon. i know my main store has one for xbox AND ps3, and ive been keeping my eye on it.

if anyone catches wind of it getting converted, please let me know, id be on the first supersonic shuttle down there to grab it.

Black Flag Xbone LE converted because it was in stock at multiple stores around me yesterday and now it can't be found.

Price is $45 used

Has anyone picked up their items yet to confirm the prices?  I normally trust people in here, but the closest Black Flag LE PS4 and GoW CE are 30 miles away...

Dead Island Riptide Rigor Mortis Edition (360 only) appears to have converted

EDIT: also Tron Evolution PS3 CE

i got my god of war, but the birthday coupon apparently didnt work, even though it should have.  my friend who was ringing me out couldnt figure out why either.

either way, 17$ is better than 70

I'm tempted by AC4 LE since it was my favorite game of 2013, but the only one in stock in my area is 360.  Could trade the game back in for $16 since I already own digital PS4 bringing the CE contents down to $30, but lets face it its not a great set of items.  A lame statue, a cheap $1 pirate flag you can get at any flea market, and a nice steelbook, art book, and soundtrack.  Its pretty lame that so many CEs nowadays don't include the season pass.

If anyone is dying for the CE for some reason amazon has the xbox one for $70, it also pops up on AWD frequently for $40-50.  I think the Prima Guides collectors edition is also really nice, and if you are a Best Buy GCU member can burn your 50% off strat guide coupon on it.

3.Customer does not get first dibs. The email that gives the list explicitly states, "This email intended for GameStop store use ONLY", Which means we get first dibs. Now we give the heads up because we know there are some who wants a ce that otherwise can't be obtained for " cheap".

2. You're only placing a hold request so you can circumvent the rules. You wouldn't have placed that same hold one hour prior to you knowing the item was going converted. Its like a child trying to grab the controller from brother simply because he picked it up, knowing you had no intention to before (im a younger brother too so I know).

1. And most times, I read comments (and took some for myself) from customers (members of this site) who would buy the ce, go outside and gut it themselves, then return it to another store. What's the difference?
This is easily the dumbest thing I have read in a while and, surfing the web, that's saying something. Also, your username is in need of a spell check. Happy trolling!

I'm tempted by AC4 LE since it was my favorite game of 2013, but the only one in stock in my area is 360. Could trade the game back in for $16 since I already own digital PS4 bringing the CE contents down to $30, but lets face it its not a great set of items. A lame statue, a cheap $1 pirate flag you can get at any flea market, and a nice steelbook, art book, and soundtrack. Its pretty lame that so many CEs nowadays don't include the season pass.

If anyone is dying for the CE for some reason amazon has the xbox one for $70, it also pops up on AWD frequently for $40-50. I think the Prima Guides collectors edition is also really nice, and if you are a Best Buy GCU member can burn your 50% off strat guide coupon on it.
You can return the game back to GS for a full refund if you wanted...

The statue is pretty good quality actually for a CE and is big

The flag is not a cheap $1 flag either. While mine is still unopened, it looks to be good quality. I want to know where you can buy $1 flags for the same quality.

The CE comes with additional digital content

I got mine when they clearance the PS3 version on GS months ago

Brother picked up a GoW:A set in Delaware.  Cashiers did not seem to know about why it was ringing up at $17, they tried it twice and said great deal and he was on his way.  In mint condition!

-

Well, I got my GoW CE today, and the manager was working too.  He was clearly agitated that I beat him to it, as I had already had my hold confirmed before he could get in to check the list last night.  He mumbled about he still could have taken everything out and just gave me the game... fair enough, but he was still cool about it.

Then he decided to be a dick and cut the seal, right in front of me after I paid for it, so I couldn't "try to return it" or whatever later...  In other words, he broke the seal so I couldn't resell it as new.  Good thing I was planning on keeping it, but so much for retaining value since the label is broken now.  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Exactly why I decided I'm not gonna go through with picking mine up. I really don't care for the ce. Yea it would of been ok for the price but I'd rather not piss off the employees of my local store for something that would just sit in the box anyways

Exactly why I decided I'm not gonna go through with picking mine up. I really don't care for the ce. Yea it would of been ok for the price but I'd rather not piss off the employees of my local store for something that would just sit in the box anyways
Most of the employees at Gamestop already hate CAGs.

I wouldn't say that.

What difference does it make for you going in and getting something you put on hold though. Why do you even care about the employees to something you want.
The employees normally have to compete with CAGs when it comes to penny guides , pre owned conversions , clearance ,etc. and some employees do things to spite those CAGs.

The employees normally have to compete with CAGs when it comes to penny guides , pre owned conversions , clearance ,etc. and some employees do things to spite those CAGs.
Again, what difference does that make. You put it on hold and should get it. Sounds like your local store hates it when customers buy product.

idk, I'm not seeing why you'd turn down something to please an employee that job is to sell products.

Again, what difference does that make. You put it on hold and should get it. Sounds like your local store hates it when customers buy product.

idk, I'm not seeing why you'd turn down something to please an employee that job is to sell products.
I personally wouldn't want to turn down something that I want but I understand why some people would.

In some cities there could only be one Gamestop so if you make the employees there angry even though you aren't really doing anything bad , you are better off not going back to the store at least for awhile.

I don't really want to piss them off because they did just help me out without even me asking. They stacked 2 ps3s and an xbox 360 for me on the trade up to ps4 deal.

the hold was placed last night at 9pm then they called me at 1130am saying they didn't have it
You were probably too late. If they checked this morning instead of last night , the inventory wouldn't show anything. Normally when I order item for in store pick up at around 9 PM , I don't get a pick up notification until the next day and of course it still shows up that day in their inventory. GoW CE wouldn't show up in their inventory today, so when they checked they were probably thought "we don't have the item in our system."

Your best bet right now is to go in person and ask them to check the backroom I guess.

Anyway, sasukekun and invizibleskratchpikl are doing a great job.

I would like to thank them for keeping this thread alive and giving fellow CAGs a heads up.

Well, I got my GoW CE today, and the manager was working too. He was clearly agitated that I beat him to it, as I had already had my hold confirmed before he could get in to check the list last night. He mumbled about he still could have taken everything out and just gave me the game... fair enough, but he was still cool about it.

Then he decided to be a dick and cut the seal, right in front of me after I paid for it, so I couldn't "try to return it" or whatever later... In other words, he broke the seal so I couldn't resell it as new. Good thing I was planning on keeping it, but so much for retaining value since the label is broken now. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
He can do that before you buy it, but not after you buy it.

bread's done
Back