The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watch this be the month that MGRR, South Park and all the other CEs folks have been waiting for get converted and there's no warning.

MGRR and south park CE prolly won't get converted this time. I went to the gamestop that usually converted everything on Thursday afternoon, and they sill had MGRR/South Park/Dark Souls 2/CoD Prestige on the shelves. But again, I don't know if the format change will affect something.

Quick summary, while I'm taking my break:

There will be a new process of conversions according to SKU. Every week this month, there will be a scheduled day of conversions that employees will have to process themselves.

I'll post more info later. This Smash midnight is crazy.

There will be a new process of conversions according to SKU. Every week this month, there will be a scheduled day of conversions that employees will have to process themselves.

I'll post more info later. The Smash midnight prep and last minute reserves is crazy at my store right now.

I'll post more info later. The Smash midnight prep and last minute reserves is crazy at my store right now.
Thanks inviz.

Side note - just noticed your avatar. are you in LA? if so, GZA's doing a free show at the echoplex tonight. could be bonkers...

Look like nothing was converted at all well at least no CE's they are all still showing up so either nothing was converted or like what was mentioned before the conversions days and how they do it been changed

I'm a bit confused. Before this change, SKU of converted games got deleted in the system, thus making it disappear from the availability page and if we find one, it should ring up as used price. It was a process based on SKU and employees had to process themselves(get a list to gut games). So what's the difference?

Does it mean that instead of converted SKU being deleted in the system for everyone, now individual stores have to do that by themselves? If they don't do that, the converted games will still ring up as full price?

*Zoom in to the Dilbert Cloud of Doom*

I would like to better understand what changes are being made...
see the above post other then that i dont think none of us know any more details of the changes or how they doing it different

Alright, I got to see how the conversion process will work this month with yesterday's first list. No conversions to report. This conversion process is being used to help clear out old inventory faster and make room for this holiday season's products.

New-to-preowned conversions are being combined with price drops, clearance markdowns, and pennied out items. There are specified days throughout October that have an assigned SKU category containing these changes. As far as the conversions go, they will continue to be processed the same way as Thursday/Friday conversions - if there's a new game on the list, it will automatically be preowned the following day.

Alright, I got to see how the conversion process will work this month with yesterday's first list. No conversions to report. This conversion process is being used to help clear out old inventory faster and make room for this holiday season's products.

New-to-preowned conversions are being combined with price drops, clearance markdowns, and pennied out items. There are specified days throughout October that have an assigned SKU category containing these changes. As far as the conversions go, they will continue to be processed the same way as Thursday/Friday conversions - if there's a new game on the list, it will automatically be preowned the following day.
So if I am reading this right nothing with the conversion has changed its just that they can happen any Thursday night....not just once a month?

so when will the next conversion be then? And so far this month there haven't been any have there? Or will this Thursday be the first day?

We don't know. But as a reference point, instead of converting the ce of ghosts, they were all marked down a bit. I honestly don't think that there will be a flat move to preowned anymore, or at least anytime soon

Thanks for the clarification! It seems nothing important to us has changed. I bet Titanfall CE is getting converted very soon considering how big it is :fridge:

And once again, MGRR is pretty big as well =P~

So I bought some games a couple days ago for the walmart promotion and was just getting ready to do the surveys and I noticed something weird on my receipt. I bought destiny for the xbone and the ps4 and the "you saved" line it says I saved 45 on the ps4 version and 95 on the xbone.

Now my math goes:
95.00+54.99 (price of preowned destiny)=149.99 (cost of ghost edition)

45.00+54.99=99.99 (cost of limited edition)

I did a search for these on gamestop.com and I don't have either in stock for 100 miles.

Did these get converted or am I wishing for a good conversion so much my brain is working overtime.

I am at work so I can search a bunch of different areas.

So I bought some games a couple days ago for the walmart promotion and was just getting ready to do the surveys and I noticed something weird on my receipt. I bought destiny for the xbone and the ps4 and the "you saved" line it says I saved 45 on the ps4 version and 95 on the xbone.

Now my math goes:
95.00+54.99 (price of preowned destiny)=149.99 (cost of ghost edition)

45.00+54.99=99.99 (cost of limited edition)

I did a search for these on gamestop.com and I don't have either in stock for 100 miles.

Did these get converted or am I wishing for a good conversion so much my brain is working overtime.

I am at work so I can search a bunch of different areas.
no they are not converted

bread's done
Back