The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I knew about Ys being converted yesterday since I was at Gamestop. Will go back tomorrow.

Yesterday, they had more employees on the floor than usual. Guess for Black friday. But the place was pretty empty by the time I went. This one guy, probably a temp employee since I don't recognize him, asked me if I needed help finding something 3 times! He asked me, and I said "Nah, I'm just looking", then he comes up to me 2 minutes later and asks me again. Well, A for effort I guess.

Question, when you guys go in to the gamestops to see what CE's they have, where do you spot them? Are they out in the store or in the back room? It seems that most of the CE's are not in the system so I'm just wondering how I know what they have? Thanks!

Not sure if it was mentioned but CREATE for Wii got converted (now $5). May not seem like the most exciting title but it has oddly high flip value on Ebay sealed (even used). Was able to grab a sealed copy at a Gamestop while the guy was in the process of converting it.

Thanks, picked up the game and all the extras for $20 with B2G1 deal. The employee gave me a hard time saying "he didn't have to give me all the extras," but then said "But since I'm a nice guy..." and finally gave me everything. He had to then emphasis to me that this was a new game and the deal I was getting. Argh, I almost just left. At least everything is brand new and the box is in good shape.
Sounds like a douche bag with no life and needs to feel special.

Question, when you guys go in to the gamestops to see what CE's they have, where do you spot them? Are they out in the store or in the back room? It seems that most of the CE's are not in the system so I'm just wondering how I know what they have? Thanks!
I just look on the shelves and the racks up by the ceiling.

Does anyone know if the PS3 version of Watchdogs LE is converted? There's a copy at my nearby store I would love to pick up. Thanks!

Looks like one of my local stores cheated. I found a copy of PS3 Dark Souls II CE on the shelf with a price tag of $52.47. Thought it was an odd price, but didn't really care much since it was supposed to ring up like a regular used copy. When the guy scanned it, it rang up at $52.47. I was kind of confused, so I just ended up putting it back. When I looked at the website after I got home, $52.47 is the listed price for the 360 version (which they also had). So obviously they stuck a 360 label on both of the copies. Wondering if there's a way to get them to sell it to me at the "proper" price without getting too shady (ripping off labels, etc.).

Interestingly, the Watch Dogs XBO CE is still in stock on GS.com.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to return/rebuy in store for the used price, but it might be worth a try if somebody has credit to spare.

Interestingly, the Watch Dogs XBO CE is still in stock on GS.com.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to return/rebuy in store for the used price, but it might be worth a try if somebody has credit to spare.
Doesn't that explicitly mean that it has in fact not been converted?

was able to snag a MGR:R LE (PS3) yesterday.  kinda bummed the steelbook is G1, but beggars can't be choosers! 

Looks like one of my local stores cheated. I found a copy of PS3 Dark Souls II CE on the shelf with a price tag of $52.47. Thought it was an odd price, but didn't really care much since it was supposed to ring up like a regular used copy. When the guy scanned it, it rang up at $52.47. I was kind of confused, so I just ended up putting it back. When I looked at the website after I got home, $52.47 is the listed price for the 360 version (which they also had). So obviously they stuck a 360 label on both of the copies. Wondering if there's a way to get them to sell it to me at the "proper" price without getting too shady (ripping off labels, etc.).
Well, did you check the pad where you swipe your credit card? or that guy said it was $52.47? If he just said it was $52.47, then he was lying and prolly wanted to get it for himself. If it showed on the pad as $52.47, then there's no sku for the CE so whoever scanned it prolly manually changed the price to $52.47. Either way, your chance is very slim because either that guy bought it for himself already, or they won't sell converted CEs at all.

Really really wanted Rising, only found Prototype 2.

And it's literally like every Gamestop started displaying their Dark Souls II PC CE too, lol.

Did he scan the UPC on the back or the gamestop tag on the front?

Well, did you check the pad where you swipe your credit card? or that guy said it was $52.47? If he just said it was $52.47, then he was lying and prolly wanted to get it for himself. If it showed on the pad as $52.47, then there's no sku for the CE so whoever scanned it prolly manually changed the price to $52.47. Either way, your chance is very slim because either that guy bought it for himself already, or they won't sell converted CEs at all.
He scanned the GS printed sticker and it showed the $52.47 price on the pin pad. I think he's a newly promoted manager, so I didn't want to push my luck and try to get him to scan the real UPC. I'll probably go back on my day off and see if I can get someone else to ring me up. I'll also look at the sticker closer and see if it says anything on it.

Seems like a number of Wii games have been recently converted. Me can confirm Gunblade/LA guns. Rogue Trooper may also have been, based on website activity and seeing box in used section (but no used price sticker.) Me also suspect Star Trek for PS3 as well...

NOT converted, I repeat NOT converted, but the Atlas Limited Editions of CoD AW for X360 and PS3 dropped to $60 overnight at GS.

Ok. Sorry. I'm new to this thread. So if it shows up in search than it has not been converted, correct?
Yes, if it shows up in searches it has NOT been converted.

EXCEPT...ugh I hate to say it but not always. About a year and a half ago when the Assassins Creed 3 CEs converted, they were still showing up in the search the next day...but as far as I remember that is the only time it happened.

Yes, if it shows up in searches it has been converted.

EXCEPT...ugh I hate to say it but not always. About a year and a half ago when the Assassins Creed 3 CEs converted, they were still showing up in the search the next day...but as far as I remember that is the only time it happened.
Did you get this backwards?

Destiny T-shirts got marked down to $4.97 and ps3 Fusion 1 Tournament controller got converted to preowned (was priced for $17.99 but rang up $11.33 with the 30% discount and PUR discount). 

lol I still have 4 stores showing they have the PS3 fusion controller available =P~

Below is a list of CE/SE/LE games converted this time:

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising LE(360 version not yet converted)
:ps3: Dark Souls 2 CE(360 version not yet converted)
:ps3: Dead Island Riptide CE(360 version converted in August? I only remember it was the month when GoW Ascension CE converted)
:ps3: Hakuoki LE
:ps3: Prototype 2 CE
:360: Otemedius SE
:vita: Ys CE
:3ds: Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon CE

lol I still have 4 stores showing they have the PS3 fusion controller available =P~

Below is a list of CE/SE/LE games converted this time:

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising LE(360 version not yet converted)
I missed my chance on the ps3 version now i am waiting for the 360 version

I've been to two stores that had display cases out for Ys Silver and neither store actually had the game.

Also saw a :360: DSII CE and got all excited til I remembered it was PS3 only. Soon, hopefully...

I think Vita Persona 4 got converted.

Was there on Sat to pick up Killzone Merc and saw the guy rip open a stack of games, only notice persona 4 because they were the only vita games in the stack

So lucky that the GS nearest my job had one left this morning, they even gave me the 30% discount on top of my PUR discount. 

Any idea what is the time frame for converting the games to preowned? I have been eyeing Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition for Vita everywhere I go I see it brand new and a lot stores all have 2-3 in stock.

Any idea what is the time frame for converting the games to preowned? I have been eyeing Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition for Vita everywhere I go I see it brand new and a lot stores all have 2-3 in stock.
never heard of the game so i googled it, hahaha

Fight with a team of buxom ninja girls in a 3D brawler containing massive mid-air combos, revealing cut-scenes and special Secret Ninja Art techniques, all while struggling to stay clothed as damage is depicted by the deterioration of each girl's outfit

There appears to be no pattern (that we Layman see), nothing related to when the game was released. Possibly related to overall inventory vs. sluggish sales? Who knows.

bread's done
Back