The official "How much should I pay for this?" Thread

What happened with this?
I called twice and he never got back to me....guess he found out what it was worth :cry:

It really comes down to Valkyrie profile. It doesn't have the manual. The "cracked" cases don't matter, but he may go lower because of that. I've found that some people do that, eventhough the cases are easy to replace for ps1 stuff since they are basically CD cases.

Did he offer $75 or did you ask him if he would take $75? In theory you always want to be the last offer when negotiating (though sometimes you need to know when to stop to avoid pissing them off). -So ultimately it is up to your judgment.

I don't do many CL deals (think I have only done 1 ever), but you could hem and haw in person and see if he will take less (or try to be cute or whatever girls do. Twirl your hair and act dumb. lol)
LOL! I could try my charm! :razz: But I don't want to piss him off...I am also a bit of a push over. And I offered the $75.

I've only ever done one other Craigslist deal and that was for a bunch of gamecube games a year ago so I'm not so good with this haggling stuff :whistle2:x

I'm mostly hesitating on this deal because money is short atm but I mainly collect PS1 and this deal seems pretty fair/reasonable to me

Last edited by a moderator:
A 120GB PS3 slim that doesn't read discs for $60..... buy or don't buy? I could use digital content at least. I already have a DS3 controller. There's also a new hard drive in it.

I know nothing about nerf guns and value.  I mean, I know my way around a gun but this popped up.  

00w0w_koqoE2xbAZV_600x450.jpg

$125 for the lot.  The only defects are the vulcans have weak batteries, ammo belts sometimes jam.  

NERF guns vary greatly by price. I don't know enough about them, but I know the vulcans have value. I paid $10 for one of those recently (not posted yet in the garage sale thread) and I feel like I overpaid. My top would be $50 on those, but again I am a novice when it comes to NERF.

I passed on the offer for now. Did some digging and found that stuff like ammo clip and accessory bundles sometimes go for 25ish but without knowing if guns would sell without those accessories it makes it hard to value lol.

Hi. I'm not sure if I paid too much for this lot. All this total $30

Gameboy console
Castlevania 2 Belmont revenge CIB with booklet
Castlevania adventure
Tetris
Super Mario land
Superbad DVD
The hangover blu ray
Zombie land blu ray

How do people ballpark pricing? Guy wanted $50 for the games. The movies were $1 a piece. I think I paid too much but would like feedback and what would u guys paid for this lot? Just want some tips for future yard sales. What do u think slow drive?

Anyone know the value of a NES with all cords + third party controller would be, also the part that says "Nintendo Entertainment System" on the system is a bit broken off. Really curious as a I saw a lady buy it for $20, and I'm not sure if good deal or not.

I honestly wouldn't have paid that much, especially since I don't collect NES items without the intent to resell or give to friend

This is not game related, but anyone know a reasonable offer for a total gym?

Its a Total Gym 1700 Club. It comes with the dip bar and some other attachments. Not sure if it comes with the bar to add weight because i think it sold seperately.

I was going to offer $30, but they want $40. Is that fair or reallly good? Im out of shape and would like to workout. Not trying to look like a body builder, but nice tone.

I was going to offer $30, but they want $40. Is that fair or reallly good? Im out of shape and would like to workout. Not trying to look like a body builder, but nice tone.
I think $40 is reasonable. If you have the room and are going to use it then go for it. Just be aware most workout equipment looses it's appeal fairly quick.

Depending on games this is a big yes. Cannon spike is one you'll want to look for. Also any Capcom games are typically pretty good.

Depending on games this is a big yes. Cannon spike is one you'll want to look for. Also any Capcom games are typically pretty good.
update. I am working on a pick up. I offered $75, but there are 4 other people trying to buy it (so we agreed on the $100). The games are disc only, but there are a couple gems. :)

Sad trombone. Supposedly she had Project justice and IllBleed in the lot. When I got up to meet her, I didn't see them in the binder. She also didn't have a power or av cord. Lastly when I paged through, I noticed only about 4 games of the 63 were non bootleg.

What is wrong with this picture?

Ft6xkfc.jpg

I should have noticed the DC comics logo on the discs. :censored:

I've been through that same experience. Was going to buy a dreamcast lot much like yours but when I got there to deal, I found only a handful of titles (sports obviously) were the only genuine discs. Now I always ask for pics upfront on and DC deal.

bread's done
Back