The OFFICIAL Juan Cena Wrestling Thread (Don't be fooled by imitations!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's a work. It's professional wrestling. Besides, Jay Lethal has made a point of showing more of a "killer instinct" during his last few appearances on the weekly show (not to mention that it works as a great build to the PPV this Saturday). It will be interesting to see if/how they integrate Lethal into the Steen/Elgin match.

I like how the crack reporters for ROHwrestling.com neglected to mention fans chanting "refund" and "fuck this company" after that incident.

Explanation for Cornette getting written off:

The ROH locker room was informed during Saturday's promotion in Rahway that Hunter "Delirious" Johnson will take over as the head of Ring of Honor's creative direction effective immediately.

Jim Cornette and ROH came to a mutual decision on making the change. Cornette will still remain with the company in a backstage role and assist Johnson as well as working on production and logistics.

ROH plans to have Cornette written off ROH storylines with a backstage attack by Jay Lethal. Stories will be ran on ROH's website to explain the changes with Cornette's exit from his authority figure role after the attack.

IGN just revealed that Paul Heyman helped write and guide the 200+ storylines in the Universe mode in WWE '13.

They had my money with the DLC announcement.. this is just icing on the cake.

Other improvements: You don't need to upload CAW's before playing with them online, AI can fill out matches if enough people aren't in your match, and there's a "fair fight" option which only allows people to play with default characters with default movesets.

[quote name='Scorch']IGN just revealed that Paul Heyman helped write and guide the 200+ storylines in the Universe mode in WWE '13.

They had my money with the DLC announcement.. this is just icing on the cake[/QUOTE]

That is great news to hear. I'm going to wait a bit to get this though. Assassin's Creed 3 is coming out the same day and I want that game more...also, I want to see how the online is. WWE 12's online servers were atrocious.

I'm stoked to see statistics in there. It really is the little things that end up creating a satisfying experience.

EDIT: And it was just confirmed that you can edit in-game titles, even going as far as changing the strap color. You can also use created arenas online. 100% sold.

[quote name='Scorch']Explanation for Cornette getting written off:[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who wants to see Delirious in a GM role booking matches in gibberish?

CM Punk's new shirt he'll be debuting tonight:
QyBrW.jpg

I dig it. The color is a nice change of pace and it has an old-school vibe to it.

[quote name='Tsel']CM Punk's new shirt he'll be debuting tonight:
QyBrW.jpg

I dig it. The color is a nice change of pace and it has an old-school vibe to it.[/QUOTE]

That shirt makes me think he is about six months away from wearing jorts and matching wristbands.

QyBrW.jpg

I dig it. The color is a nice change of pace and it has an old-school vibe to it.[/QUOTE]

Please don't order it online. We don't want to go through that whole thing again.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Please don't order it online. We don't want to go through that whole thing again.[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl:

It's a pretty good design, IMO. The nod to Elvis is...a bit surprising. I did buy one of his ringer shirts and don't think I've worn it once ("why the fuck would I ever wear a wrestling shirt in public?" is what I ask myself), so I'm not going to buy this. But I do like the design.

Didn't we discuss a few weeks back how awful some of the Attitude Era shirts are now, a decade plus later?

QyBrW.jpg

I suddenly wanna play a few rounds of UNO.

Even before tonight's RAW went on the air, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has taken major steps to shake up WWE RAW.

Brian Gewirtz has been removed as the head writer of RAW after holding that position for over 10 years. He will stay on board as a consultant.

Vince McMahon has been on the war path all day. Dave Meltzer reports that "everyone is scared" backstage at RAW and Vince McMahon told WWE's producers today, "I want results or I want resignations."

Should be an interesting night.

QyBrW.jpg

Reminds me of Gatorade.

Glad that Vince is on a warpath and has replaced the head writer, about damn time.

Dammit, I missed it. I changed back to football right after Vince said he had to decide between Ryback and Cena...have to wait until its on Youtube.

I went back and watched it.. the guy that was egging Punk on was the guy to his right, but Punk thought it was the guy behind him and hit him twice. The guy behind him was looking through binoculars at Vince in the ring. I feel sorry for the guy.

[quote name='shotgunshine']I completely lost it when Punk put on the headset and yelled at Vince "What a maneuver!"[/QUOTE]

Dammit. I sometimes wish I sprang for cable.

[quote name='Scorch']I went back and watched it.. the guy that was egging Punk on was the guy to his right, but Punk thought it was the guy behind him and hit him twice. The guy behind him was looking through binoculars at Vince in the ring. I feel sorry for the guy.[/QUOTE]

Lawsuit in 3, 2, . . .

"WWE wishes CM Punk the best in his future endeavors . . . "

I didn't watch RAW, but if Punk did assault an innocent fan, I doubt WWE punishes him. They can't afford to sideline their top heel.

First video I watch from tonight's RAW. Good psychology in a Divas match? Was this a trend tonight? And while Eve knows what she's doing, because she trains BJJ, I dunno if I would use a legit heel hook for a fake sport. Incredibly dangerous submission. People injure other people just in practice using this move. It's why most amateur MMA prohibits leg locks. Dangerous, life-changing techniques.

Far better technique than the gogoplata Taker has tried in the past. Alot of trust/naivete to allow somebody to fully apply a heel hook like that. Granted no attempt to crank it, but like Chase said, things can go to pots if you move it just right.

Also, psychology in a Divas match? Mind blowing stuff right there.

[quote name='Scorch']Explanation for Cornette getting written off:
The ROH locker room was informed during Saturday's promotion in Rahway that Hunter "Delirious" Johnson will take over as the head of Ring of Honor's creative direction effective immediately.

Jim Cornette and ROH came to a mutual decision on making the change. Cornette will still remain with the company in a backstage role and assist Johnson as well as working on production and logistics.

ROH plans to have Cornette written off ROH storylines with a backstage attack by Jay Lethal. Stories will be ran on ROH's website to explain the changes with Cornette's exit from his authority figure role after the attack.
[/QUOTE]

This could be a problem seeing how Cornette was the focus of Steen's ire.

Way to have your WWE champion afraid to fight a 67 year old man and somewhat run from him. As mildly entertaining as the main event was it got flushed down the toilet the moment Ryberg got involved with special guest Cena to crush an already terrible raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back