The Official "My College Books Destroyed My Wallet" Thread

the3rdkey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
13 credits and $558 worth of textbooks. My first class starts at 1:05pm. Anyone else get fucked in the ass when they went to the book store??? And, on a side note I tried Amazon, Half and Ebay to no avail!!!!

I bought for 5 classes and 17 credits for about $250. Didn't get a single book at the book store though, as I got them all much cheaper from Amazon and Half.com. I can remember breaking the $500 mark though one semester back when I was a sophomore.

Well, I was notorious for actually reading the chapters I needed to read while in the bookstore. I'd show up, find the book I needed, and read for a few hours while sitting down on the floor. No one ever bugged me, and I saved a few hundred bucks. How's that for being a cheap ass?

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Well, I was notorious for actually reading the chapters I needed to read while in the bookstore. I'd show up, find the book I needed, and read for a few hours while sitting down on the floor. No one ever bugged me, and I saved a few hundred bucks. How's that for being a cheap ass?[/QUOTE]
All of my text books are sealed, must be nice.

1 class... 3 credits... $129.80

oy... looks like raibow six lockdown and nhl 2k5 have to take a backseat this week

I had to buy a total of around 40 books for my 3 classes. Probably came out to around $600 or so when all was said and done, since most of them are in the $10-15 range with some around $40. :(

I even opened an Amazon.com credit card to help ease the pain a little bit...at least I can earn points for my books next semester. I'd get them all from the library, except everybody else in my classes is fighting over the one copy of the books the library has...

bread's done
Back