The Official Nintendogs Thread!

moiety

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
After months and months of waiting, I finally got my copy of Nintendogs: Daschund & Friends. We went to CompUSA, Target, Best Buy (just to check), EBGames, and FYE. No one had ANY except for EB: one copy of Lab and Friends. On the way home we stopped at TRU, and lo and behold, TONS of copies of all three versions. I wish we checked there first!

So now I'm off to enjoy the day with my new puppy! :bouncy: :D Post here when you get your copies. Looking forward to hearing your puppy stories!

I got mine. Lab and Chihuahuhahuhahua. Still looking for Dachsund. Can't wait to play this wirelessly with my wife and her pink DS. FYI, zookeeper is awesome wireless.

Reserved for a short review later. I'm looking forward to naming my dog "Sit".

Come, Sit.
Stay, Sit.
Rollover, Sit.

I picked up one of each today at EB. I got a call saying they were shorted pre-orders and they were selling them out first come first served. I work nearby so I went at lunch and picked my 3 pre-orders and my 2 lunchbags(1 for my little cousin-game&bag). I just played with the few dogs in the kennel for a minute and it looks pretty interesting.

Edit: the guy said he was very limited on the bags so if you want one you better ask and get it today, they will go fast. I think that store only got like 10 bags.

[quote name='Weedy649']Why are people getting all when you can unlock all dogs in any given version[/QUOTE]

They have a shitload of cheap GBA games probably.

like I said they aren't all for me. But I just couldn't make up my mind on which one I wanted so I got all three. Well actually 2 are mine but I did have a few GBA games I wasn't going to use anymore so here we are.

Does it really matter why people are buying multiple copies?

Plus this thread is for those that picked up the game and their stories, not to rag on those that got the game or got multiple copies.

Edit:As long as someone doesn't come in here and starts bragging that they got all the Lab versions in their city and they are selling each for $60 I don't see a problem.

I just got the Chihuahua and Friends edition at Best Buy. It was $29.99 with a free $5 gift certificate. I can not wait to get off work to play. RUFF ROUFG!

[quote name='Weedy649']Why are people getting all when you can unlock all dogs in any given version[/QUOTE]

I believe you can only unlock versions not in your core game, if you meet someone with that dog.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I believe you can only unlock versions not in your core game, if you meet someone with that dog.[/QUOTE]

You can unlock all 18 breeds (plus hidden ones) in each copy of the game, even without using Bark mode. Just some people would rather have a pup of a certain type from the get go.

Well so far I've taught my beagle, Max, to sit, lay down, and give his paw. We already took our three walks, and he placed 2nd in the Disc Competition! Evilmax and I played bark mode, so I now have the lab unlocked in my version and he has the beagle. It was fun to watch them romp and play.

Max needs more practice with the disc. I'm taking a break for now, but we'll play some more tonight.

So glad I picked up the game today. The cuteness is overwhelming!

I got the last copy of any version at EB, Lab & Friends, which was the one I wanted. My Shiba Inu is named Jackie. :) We already placed first in the obedience competition!

Got my dachsund in friends-- haven't cracked it yet. Roy the Siberian Huskie will own in the back alley dog fight competition. after that, we're going around to find pure-bred bitches for him to disgrace.

[quote name='Santurio']like I said they aren't all for me. But I just couldn't make up my mind on which one I wanted so I got all three. Well actually 2 are mine but I did have a few GBA games I wasn't going to use anymore so here we are.

Does it really matter why people are buying multiple copies?

Plus this thread is for those that picked up the game and their stories, not to rag on those that got the game or got multiple copies.

Edit:As long as someone doesn't come in here and starts bragging that they got all the Lab versions in their city and they are selling each for $60 I don't see a problem.[/QUOTE]

I was just curious as to why, no need to get mad. I myself want the game(waiting to see if the amazon deal works out) so im not here "ragging" on people who already have a copy. It was no personal offense to you either, ive heard alot of people say they ordered multiple copies and to me it makes no sense. Why spend $90 on what is in the end the same game when you can grab one now and pick up the other versions later for cheaper(if you want to collect all versions).

As someone pointed out, the gba deal, but still i thought maybe i was missing something..which is why i asked

I didn't mean to come off as being mad. I 'm not mad at all, I just didn't want this thing going all crazy like other threads have. But thanks for clearing things up.

I picked up my preorders for all 3 today, ones mine, one for my bro, and the other my friends. Sadly I forgot to ask for the bags cause I was a bit in a rush. Are they nice? Cause I may go back tomorrow to see if they got any left. I sorta thought the Paw screen cleaner thing woulda been cool. Anyway, I've been playing off and on since I got home, after a few walks we've found a yellow disc, a disposable camera, and my husky Liger ate a hot dog on the ground. I also ran into Shiggy and his dog, forgot the dogs name though.

i was browsing gamefaqs and well... just read

OK I really REALLy regert what I did but I just lost my patience w/ my mom today. Here's what happened:

I had my $5 deposit on Nintendogs at GamesTop so all morning I kept telling my mom "Mom I cant do my morning chores today (taking out trash, feed the dog), cuz I need to head down to GameSTop to pick up my game. Or it will sell out."

"I dont care about your games" she said. "Do your chores and then we'll talk games. You have responsbalieties."

GRRR I kept telling her I gotta leave, or else its' gonna sell out and HERE'S WHERE I started to get pissed: The **** took my pre-order receipt from my hands and said "Do your chores and you'll get it back"!!!!!

I reasoned with her clamly but she wouldn't budge. So it was 10:15 am and GameStop was now OPEN and while my mom was being a **** I was envisioning the copies of the game selling out.

SO basicaly I lost my temper. After begging for her to give back my reciet, and she said NO!, I grabbed her by the pony tail and said "YOU SUCK MOM!" and hit her across the eye. She yelled and looked shocked, and I just ran to the bathroom and locked the door and sobbed. I couldn't believe what I just did, but I didn't PLAN on it. I just... snapped.

Well so anyways, my mom called up my dad and told him, he said when he gets home from work my stuff's going in the garage for a month, and no phone or TV, and video games.

Crap. Any ideas on how to still get Nintendogs w/o them knowing? I can't get a job cuz I'm only 14.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i was browsing gamefaqs and well... just read

OK I really REALLy regert what I did but I just lost my patience w/ my mom today. Here's what happened:

I had my $5 deposit on Nintendogs at GamesTop so all morning I kept telling my mom "Mom I cant do my morning chores today (taking out trash, feed the dog), cuz I need to head down to GameSTop to pick up my game. Or it will sell out."

"I dont care about your games" she said. "Do your chores and then we'll talk games. You have responsbalieties."

GRRR I kept telling her I gotta leave, or else its' gonna sell out and HERE'S WHERE I started to get pissed: The **** took my pre-order receipt from my hands and said "Do your chores and you'll get it back"!!!!!

I reasoned with her clamly but she wouldn't budge. So it was 10:15 am and GameStop was now OPEN and while my mom was being a **** I was envisioning the copies of the game selling out.

SO basicaly I lost my temper. After begging for her to give back my reciet, and she said NO!, I grabbed her by the pony tail and said "YOU SUCK MOM!" and hit her across the eye. She yelled and looked shocked, and I just ran to the bathroom and locked the door and sobbed. I couldn't believe what I just did, but I didn't PLAN on it. I just... snapped.

Well so anyways, my mom called up my dad and told him, he said when he gets home from work my stuff's going in the garage for a month, and no phone or TV, and video games.

Crap. Any ideas on how to still get Nintendogs w/o them knowing? I can't get a job cuz I'm only 14.[/QUOTE]

You beast. You don't deserve Nintendogs. Go back to the bathroom.

DJ, my Beagle, can sit, lie down, and give his paw. I didn't walk him yet, I just taught him those tricks, fed and watered him, and then played some catch. Looking forward to a little disc throwing later tonight.

Is competitions the only way to get money?

Crap. Any ideas on how to still get Nintendogs w/o them knowing? I can't get a job cuz I'm only 14.[/QUOTE]
What the hell?!?

nintendoDS.jpg

Ooh, angsty! I personally think you should be slapped. I won't hold it against you, but shit, I'd never do that for a damn dog game, especially if I could've got it if I did what I was supposed to. And since you'd pre-ordered it, it's not like they'd sell yours. It's kind of funny that you cried over not getting the game, too.

I'm pissed, though. Forgot to get my damn freebie! I really wanted to take that lunchbag to school and get laughed at. I also wanted that screen cleaner. I totally forgot, and now I feel bad.

Anyway, I picked up Chihuahua, and got a black boxer, which I named Vernon. So far I've taught him to sit down (sit), lie down (down), shake (paw), and to jump (jump, durr...) I've also owned the obedience and disc competitions. Took a couple walks, and didn't find anything good. We'll see. It's not like a game you can play for hours on end, because there's not much to do all at once, kind of like owning a real dog. At one point I realized how cute all the dogs were, and finally realized how sweet the game was.

how is the game i got mine from Eb today but not going to open it (hopefully take it back tomorrow for a different version) OR can you unlock every dog no matter what Cart you have (and dont trade with anyone)

i got advance wars DS coming from gamefly (hopefully have it by saturday) I heard its very Very hard and wanted to rent it before popping (or pooping if your a dog : ) 30 bucks

I got the Dachshund version (I'm gonna start out with a Husky), but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'm really happy just to finally have the game in my possession, though! :lol:

[quote name='smellhasreturned']lol read the top This isnt my personal story i found it on gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]

dude, you really ought to treat your mom better.

Ok so i want to make fun of you guys for playing with a video game dog instead of a real one.... but if i had a DS, i'd buy the damn game too! It is too f*ing cute. Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the game.

[quote name='Xtreme331']Ok so i want to make fun of you guys for playing with a video game dog instead of a real one.... but if i had a DS, i'd buy the damn game too! It is too f*ing cute. Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the game.[/QUOTE]

I've lost track of how many times I've been called a dork by various family members....

I'm just wondering, how does everyone here pronounce dachshund?

I own a dog of the breed in real life, and it's pronounced "dock-sund", yet I've run into 3 EB clerks who keep on saying "dash-hound". It gets pretty annoying. So how do you guys say it?

seems dach and freinds seems to be selling the most, with chihuaha in second. wonder why? I got my dach since I own a pug, and I love the breed, so I got myself a male pug and named it Tofu. I still think the tricks I tought him kick ass... sit, lay down, make his leg limp on comand, and sneeze :)

so far I've taken him on 9 walks today :)

[quote name='Jaket']
nintendoDS.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's me too. I play with my Huskie, "Socks," then switch over to Advance Wars for a half an hour. It's a nice little system I've got going.

I didn't do the GBA trade-in deal. Instead I paid top money to have EBgames overnight it to my house. It arrived at 1030am this morning. I jumped out of bed when I heard the doorbell ring, and my DS has been turned on ever since. :)

bread's done
Back