The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chitown021']Having to connect the controller to the PS3 when you do an update is getting really annoying.[/quote]You no longer have to do that.

Did anyone else have trouble downloading the new firmware (1.9)?

I tried it late last night and it stayed at 0%. Probably going to try it again later on.

Damn I went ahead and hooked up my controller to the system because I assumed it was gonna ask for it. It's about time they fixed that.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Finally.[/quote]

Hey Gizmo... If you hate the PS3 so much why do you own one?

Just curious after reading your signature.

[quote name='asianxcore']Did anyone else have trouble downloading the new firmware (1.9)?

I tried it late last night and it stayed at 0%. Probably going to try it again later on.[/QUOTE]

Any help?

I downloaded the 1.9 update from the Sony site and put it on a CD-RW.

When I go to System Update/Storage Media, it mentions that it could not find any updates on any type of storage media.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

[quote name='asianxcore']Any help?

I downloaded the 1.9 update from the Sony site and put it on a CD-RW.

When I go to System Update/Storage Media, it mentions that it could not find any updates on any type of storage media.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?[/quote]Updates on a disc are kinda iffy. Can you put it on some form of flash media?

[quote name='dallow']Updates on a disc are kinda iffy. Can you put it on some form of flash media?[/QUOTE]

I probably could if I get a hold of my friend's USB thumb drive.

Right now it's actually downloading, but oddly enough a lot slower than all my previous firmware updates.

[quote name='Chitown021']Hey Gizmo... If you hate the PS3 so much why do you own one?

Just curious after reading your signature.[/quote]

just cause it sucks, it doesnt mean we cant own one..:)

im guessing for movies

[quote name='doubledown']Did you put in in the folder structure PS3 -> UPDATE -> file

Mine d/l pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Didn't do that, but I finally got it to finish downloading/installing.

Anyone know if there is a way to change the text/menu color? I have a background/wallpaper I want to use but the bright colors make it hard to read anything in the XMB.

[quote name='asianxcore']Didn't do that, but I finally got it to finish downloading/installing.

Anyone know if there is a way to change the text/menu color? I have a background/wallpaper I want to use but the bright colors make it hard to read anything in the XMB.[/quote]Hehe, hopefully next update. People are already asking for it!

I also noticed now that when I go to add the album covers to my music, it'll show the pictures within their upload folders. Before it used to list every picture all on on screen and I'd have to wait for it to scroll all the way to the bottom for the newest images. Now I can tab down five folders then open a smaller selection.

It's funny how they only reveal half the updates, and the rest you have to easter egg hunt for yourselves.

They makes lots of tiny modifications and update fixes.

[quote name='dallow']It's funny how they only reveal half the updates, and the rest you have to easter egg hunt for yourselves.

They makes lots of tiny modifications and update fixes.[/quote]

I know! But it makes sense.

They don't aren't allowed to use computer keyboards to write up the FW notes... And you know how hard it is to type with a controller! :lol:

[quote name='dallow']Hehe, hopefully next update. People are already asking for it![/QUOTE]

I hope.

I really like the wallpaper I'm using now. On the other hand, having to stick to darker backgrounds is sorta lame.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I know! But it makes sense.

They don't aren't allowed to use computer keyboards to write up the FW notes... And you know how hard it is to type with a controller! :lol:[/QUOTE]

no way, that's ridiculous :lol:

I'm getting pretty handy with the controller input. I still feel like my old modded xbox's homebrew webrowser had a great system-- they mapped "abc" "def" etc. to different directions on the analog stick, then you enter with a button press. I got really fast with that set up.

woot!I just got my ps3 and I have to update it.It's at 1.50 and I put in R6 Vegas and it had to update to 1.70.They take quite a while to update.....

[quote name='snakelda']woot!I just got my ps3 and I have to update it.It's at 1.50 and I put in R6 Vegas and it had to update to 1.70.They take quite a while to update.....[/quote]

Yeh that is normal (updating required to play). Just like the PSP, the games require you to have updated FW. One way that Sony delivers them. I'd go ahead and download the actual latest FW if possible though.

Updating now...wonder if it's adding anything good.

Also, dallow did you ever notice that dallow spelled backwards is wollad? That's like...almost a real word :shock:

Just turned on the PS3 to play Megaman 8, and I get a new firmware update. I hope somebody posts info soon, but I'll be happy even if it is just for BC.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I really hope this fixes the problems with playing a PS2 game over HDMI...[/QUOTE]
What problem is that?

Yeah, what problem? EDIT: Oh I see... mine doesn't do that... phew.

Word on the street is that this minor update fixes some network problems with Warhawk.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, what problem? EDIT: Oh I see... mine doesn't do that... phew.

Word on the street is that this minor update fixes some network problems with Warhawk.[/QUOTE]

i hope it helps tekken as well

Anywhere to download the update onto a PC to install via SD Card yet? The download speeds on campus are sooo slow tonight and I would rather have my PC download it than have my PS3 sit on the download screen all night long.

Erm.... no. It's had a PSP XMB since day 1.

Some people have said that browsing large folders is much faster.
I dunno, we'll see when I wake up.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Anywhere to download the update onto a PC to install via SD Card yet? The download speeds on campus are sooo slow tonight and I would rather have my PC download it than have my PS3 sit on the download screen all night long.[/quote]yeah but you have to wait a few days for sony to update their website.You could also ask someone to upload the update to a website ala rapidshare.com and then you could d/l it.

WOW at how fast the icons scroll in the game and video sections.

I have TONS of video and it now scrolls down with NO slowdown, and the preview video for them loads almost instantly.

Really nice, overall loading is faster.

Where is my folder creation option!

[quote name='dallow']WOW at how fast the icons scroll in the game and video sections.

I have TONS of video and it now scrolls down with NO slowdown, and the preview video for them loads almost instantly.

Really nice, overall loading is faster.

Where is my folder creation option![/quote]

Yeah, my external HD took a long time to post the files but it is very fast now.

Sounds like it fixes some game-specific network issues and file browsing speed with XMB. /shrug. As long it don't break nothin', I don't really mind.

It made the icons load faster like Dallow and I mentioned.

Here is quote from the site in japan, I used babel fish to translate *badly like always:

From 2007 September 4th,®the update which renews the substance performance of PS3 was started. With the latest update, version of system software becomes 1.92, the following function is renewed.
* The main function which is renewed with version 1.92

* ®Performance for the additional item which is transmitted with PLAYSTATION Store was strengthened.
* ®PlayStation of the part in®PS3 and®operational status of the PlayStation 2 standard software were renewed. You can verify up-to-date operationalstatus with .

So some new PS2 support? Though, I still can't load past a certain part in Indigo Prophecy... :(

Guess need to wait for US patch notes and hopefully a rep speaks on this, as the patch notes don't aways cover everything that was updated.

[quote name='NamPaehc']It made the icons load faster like Dallow and I mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Friend list Icons, or just like movie/pics icons? Both? I don't really have a lot of stuff on my PS3 I try to keep it pretty neat/cluster free. Probably why I didn't notice the speed difference. Ahh I didn't mean to come off like a dick or anything guys, I just didn't see any difference lol. Anyway thanks for letting me know what it did Nam, gunm and dallow.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']I can personally say it helps a crapload with tekken 5. I havent been able to play online til just now after the update. :) im happy now.[/QUOTE]

really? nice... I'll have to check tommorow night when I'm free.

I don't know if this is new or old but I no longer have to press the stupid PS button whenever i'm logging in and out of a PS game.

hey everybody,

i updated the system with update 1.92 this morning. now whenever i turn on the system with the touch sensitive on/off switch on the system i get the message "press the ps button," when it first boots up. i press the ps button when it tells me to, but it doesn't do anything, and then it signs me into the network.

this doesn't happen when I turn on the system by pressing the ps button on the controller. it also doesn't happen when i turn on the system with the controller plugged in via usb cable, or when my usb keyboard is plugged in.

has this happened to any of you? i don't think i did anything wrong while installing the update, but i did have my usb keyboard plugged in while it was updating. but that shouldn't do anything, right?

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Friend list Icons, or just like movie/pics icons? Both? I don't really have a lot of stuff on my PS3 I try to keep it pretty neat/cluster free. Probably why I didn't notice the speed difference. Ahh I didn't mean to come off like a dick or anything guys, I just didn't see any difference lol. Anyway thanks for letting me know what it did Nam, gunm and dallow.[/QUOTE]I notice the difference, because I got a lot of stuff in my game section and my friend's list is still maxed out. I remove some people, then it gets back to being full quickly. I guess I'm popular. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back