The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm just wondering about this now and if it's something that microsoft has patented or something, but back when I used to play Halo 2, we were able to send voice messages to each other, and that was REALLY awesome.

I'm just wondering if that's something Sony can ever implement into the PS3 messaging system.

It should continue to the next video in that album if you have continuous play on. If you want it to back out to the video list, I don't think that's an option.

Is there any way to actually have the system auto switch the output source back to the tv speakers from the headset without having to go into accessory/sound settings each time?

When I play LBP and GTAIV online, only the game chat comes through the headset, while the sound for the game comes through the speakers on the tv. But when I go to play MK 2 after playing LBP or GTA IV, the sound for the game comes through the headset and nothing from my tv speakers.

Any ideas?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is there any way to actually have the system auto switch the output source back to the tv speakers from the headset without having to go into accessory/sound settings each time?

When I play LBP and GTAIV online, only the game chat comes through the headset, while the sound for the game comes through the speakers on the tv. But when I go to play MK 2 after playing LBP or GTA IV, the sound for the game comes through the headset and nothing from my tv speakers.

Any ideas?[/quote]
Turn off/unplug the headset...

MK2 as in Mortal Kombat?

Those settings should be saved. I would expect a really buggy game like MK2 to mess things up though. Hmm...

Audio settings are always saved for me between games.

[quote name='mguiddy']Turn off/unplug the headset...[/quote]

The headset I have(USB) doesn't have an off switch(or a mute button) and I don't wanna keep plugging and unplugging the damn thing. But thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

It took me 2 minutes to download the firmware, around 4 or so minutes to install. Process continues to get quicker thankfully. Haven't tried out the features yet.

im stuck at 99%, has anyone successfully installed the new update? mine has been stuck at 99% for about 10 mins now

EDIT: I decided to reset my system, it rebooted and instantly began the installation process over again once it came back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if this fixes the Hulu/Youtube issues with the widescreen player...

Edit: Yep. Youtube is fixed again. Hulu fullscreen works too...

Took about 2 minutes to download the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']It took me 2 minutes to download the firmware, around 4 or so minutes to install. Process continues to get quicker thankfully. Haven't tried out the features yet.[/quote]
fuck I have been DLing for 6 minutes now and am only at 18%.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It took me 2 minutes to download the firmware, around 4 or so minutes to install. Process continues to get quicker thankfully. Haven't tried out the features yet.[/quote]

You're a lucky man Mana. Every single system update downloads so slow for me. It doesn't even seem like they do much so it's a pain in the ass to sit around and wait to play games.

[quote name='fuss']fuck I have been DLing for 6 minutes now and am only at 18%.[/quote]

I downloaded it within 48 mins.

[quote name='OatmealMu']Fullscreen works in YouTube. Now I get sound without video... IN FULLSCREEN!

That's progress.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not getting any video on youtube, only audio. Temporary fix that works for me is to add '&fmt=18' without quotes at the end of the video link.

[quote name='Blackout']You're a lucky man Mana. Every single system update downloads so slow for me. It doesn't even seem like they do much so it's a pain in the ass to sit around and wait to play games.[/quote]
You have to have the Playstation credit card to get your updates fast. ;)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/20/upcoming-ps3-firmware-v260-update/

Hi, everyone, we have a system software updates for PS3 coming soon, and I wanted to provide you with a sneak peak at the details.

The PS3 firmware update (v2.60) is designed primarily to enhance the system’s media capabilities. The key feature is a new Photo Gallery application, which delivers a suite of tools for sorting through and displaying your digital photo collection. Digital pictures can be organized in groups according to various criteria, including the camera used to take the photos, the event date and time, colors in the photos, as well as the number, ages, or facial expressions of the people pictured. You can also create slideshows set to music and build photo playlists with an easy-to-use interface. The Photo Gallery application will need to be installed separately from the XMB after you update your PS3’s firmware. To install the Photo Gallery application, go to the Photo section on the XMB, select Photo Gallery and press the X button.

The 2.60 update also includes:

• Guest access to PlayStation Store – This enables non-PlayStation Network members to browse through the storefront to check out the latest games, demos, videos, etc.
  • DivX 3.11 support – Videos in this format can now be played on PS3.
Some nice additions, though you may also notice the new PSN login feature for the blog, as well, that went into effect today. I like the ability to not have to sign-in when I need to check something in the PS Store.

[quote name='smiggity']I hope to god the trophy fix is in their as well. It would be nice to be able to play ALL my games aagain[/QUOTE]

What's up ? Are certain Trophies/Games broken ?

The glitch is if you change your PSN password (Since...the last FW update in October this has been a problem) when you try to re-sync your trophies or earn trophies the system locks up. To solve it, people have had to create new system profiles or do nothing at all. It's a pretty big glitch for those people.

[quote name='smiggity']I hope to god the trophy fix is in their as well. It would be nice to be able to play ALL my games aagain[/quote]

[quote name='KingBroly']The glitch is if you change your PSN password (Since...the last FW update in October this has been a problem) when you try to re-sync your trophies or earn trophies the system locks up. To solve it, people have had to create new system profiles or do nothing at all. It's a pretty big glitch for those people.[/quote]
Yeah, this fix has been confirmed to be in this update according to Sony tech mods in the EU forums.

They said the fix would be included in the next FW update in the next week or two, and boom here's the announcement of a new FW update.

I feel for you Smiggity. :(

It's better when they actually add features , instead of just fixing something that is buggy .

I wish they had some sort of innovation though .

[quote name='KingBroly']The glitch is if you change your PSN password (Since...the last FW update in October this has been a problem) when you try to re-sync your trophies or earn trophies the system locks up. To solve it, people have had to create new system profiles or do nothing at all. It's a pretty big glitch for those people.[/quote]

Not entirely true. While changing your password or sign in ID causes the problem, many of my games are simply unplayable. It renders the saved data useless b/c the PS3 believes the data was created by another user. Burnout, Wipeout HD, PixelJunk Eden are all games where I cannot get past the title screen without deleting my saved data. Also other trophy games, when fulfilling the requirement, the trophy notificaztion will pop up except it reads "You have not earned a trophy" preceded by the "information" i symbol. The system does not lock up during any of these problems. I dont really care about the trophies, just most my games are useless now....

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, this fix has been confirmed to be in this update according to Sony tech mods in the EU forums.

They said the fix would be included in the next FW update in the next week or two, and boom here's the announcement of a new FW update.

I feel for you Smiggity. :([/quote]

So the fix is here? Im downloading the Firmware right now. Thanks for the support though, this problem has really put a dent in my gaming variety. But you have my hopes up now! :D

Hrm, my PS3 froze while i was playing Silent Hill Homecoming, the only thing that i could do was eject the disc, then when i put it back in the system reset and said i needed to get the 2.6 update. Anyone ever have that happen before?

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, this fix has been confirmed to be in this update according to Sony tech mods in the EU forums.

I feel for you Smiggity. :([/quote]

Rejoice!!!!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:\\:D/\\:D/ Thank god I waited!!

Didn't know it was out til TMK messaged me about it in the middle of some Motorstormin'. Looks like I'll *barely* be done in time for CAG night at 9. Doesn't seem to be anything I needed right away, I wonder if it would have kicked me out of Motorstorm to update.

[quote name='QiG']Didn't know it was out til TMK messaged me about it in the middle of some Motorstormin'. Looks like I'll *barely* be done in time for CAG night at 9. Doesn't seem to be anything I needed right away, I wonder if it would have kicked me out of Motorstorm to update.[/QUOTE]The CAG night will probably be delayed just a little because of that. I will wait until a few are on.

Does anyone have any proof that turning off/disabling Media Sharing helps speed up downloads .
It kind of makes sense that it would save bandwidth .

Cool , the old 1% every minute and a half style download .

I don't know. Updates usually take me 10 minutes to do through the install. This one took me 18 minutes, and downloading Photo Gallery is taking FOREVER! I've spent 10 minutes with that and it's only at 25% downloaded.

Thanks for the heads up, pulling it down now.
Smiggity, did it work? I'm hoping it did....

[quote name='Richlough']It's better when they actually add features , instead of just fixing something that is buggy .

I wish they had some sort of innovation though .[/quote]
I like when they do both, as is the case with this update.

They really should get it together and have this update on the web simultaniuosly .

Heck who am I kidding , it's probably the same guy that updates both and he's driving across town to finish .

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']This update is taking an awfully long time...[/QUOTE]

I stopped mine during the download , before the actual update .
fuck it I'll get it later .

[quote name='dallow']Thanks for the heads up, pulling it down now.
Smiggity, did it work? I'm hoping it did....

I like when they do both, as is the case with this update.[/quote]

Flawlessly! Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='mtxbass1']Wonder if this fixes the Hulu/Youtube issues with the widescreen player...

Edit: Yep. Youtube is fixed again. Hulu fullscreen works too...

Took about 2 minutes to download the update.[/QUOTE]

waitwaitwait. Hulu runs like bullshit on my PS3. It works well for you?

Yay. Another completely fuckin' useless update for me. Thanks Sony, for requiring me to update some useless garbage for photo labeling or whatever the fuck that nonsense was I read during the disclaimer for the fw update.

I don't care how YouTube plays on my PS3, though I HAVE used it on my PS3. Maybe I'm just too lax in my standards, but as long as my system can play GAMES, I'm a happy guy.

Especially when it can play games without requiring a motherfuckin' update every couple weeks/months. Give me backwards compatability and I'll leave the thing on for two weeks straight to download that, but shove the minor fixes that take an hour and I can't skip for personal reasons up your asses.

Oh and trophies suck big horse phallus, by the way. Thanks for adding in that useless crap too that took over an hour to update.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Oh and trophies suck big horse phallus, by the way. Thanks for adding in that useless crap too that took over an hour to update.[/QUOTE]

Blame the people who bitched about it.

I think achievements and trophies are retarded, but people like them for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back