The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Yeah, I did that, but those stupid white bars are still around the friend section and the bar in the top right corner is still there. So unless I'm missing something, it's not exactly the same.

set the theme to Classic and set the font to whatever you want. easy done.

plus this bitching about the Font sizes i see on other forums is sad... I'm running on a 56in and the font isn't even a problem or looks bad. it's nice honestly.

So, can someone tell me WHY we need 3 icons for the Playstation Store on the XMB now? Besides the one that's on the PSN section of the XMB, there's now one on the game data/saved data and one on the video portion of the XMB too.

Apparently, it must be for the morons who didn't know how to switch between the game and video sections of the store?

Way to further clutter up the XMB.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So, can someone tell me WHY we need 3 icons for the Playstation Store on the XMB now? Besides the one that's on the PSN section of the XMB, there's now one on the game data/saved data and one on the video portion of the XMB too.

Apparently, it must be for the morons who didn't know how to switch between the game and video sections of the store?

Way to further clutter up the XMB.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad of clutter but I agree. It's mainly there only because most PS3 owners (ie. general public) don't know bout this stuff. Sony mainly threw everything out there in terms of advertising so peeps buys their stuff.

The boot times into PS3 games have been cut down a bit. I noticed it was much snappier getting into MvC2 and Fat Princess. No more "Playstation 3" logo before games. Even with the friends list being ugly and that annoying ass advertisement scroll under the time/date... faster boot times are almost redeeming.

I see the "Display What's New On/Off" option in System Settings and setting it to Off does nothing. This confuses and angers me.

I don't see any changes, Rolento, so you need to be quiet until you provide the solution you promised.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']set the theme to Classic and set the font to whatever you want. easy done.

plus this bitching about the Font sizes i see on other forums is sad... I'm running on a 56in and the font isn't even a problem or looks bad. it's nice honestly.[/QUOTE]

I'm still on a 20" SDtv and even when I do upgrade, it's going to be to a 20-24" HDCP compliant LCD monitor at the most. With the little amount of TV I watch nowadays(and most of it being availble online for free), cable can really suck it.

All of this advertising on the XMB now though, it's making me wonder if Sony was taken over by EA, since they love to slap ads on everything.

And yeah, the icons and friends list things being fuckin' huge sucks balls.

hmm... even with all the complaints i think this is a very big update in terms of connection speeds and overall integration. Everything loads, downloads, and runs faster. with that, I can't complain.

[quote name='dustdust']im still disappointed at the lack of selection of avatars[/QUOTE]

Think they said those would be coming later.

Shocked they want people to pay for the LBP theme... I should know better huh?

I think my trophy % went up in some games. Maybe I'm delusional but I'm pretty sure it went up. I remember being at 35% in singstar and now it says 41. Theirs also a few others, can anyone else check if this happened to them or am I just crazy I haven't hear anyone mention it, but I love the new loading icon in the top right. The old one was smaller and transparent so it was hard to see on my sd tv. Also the browser runs better, less hiccups

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is the custom pointer for the browser new? I have the Batman theme installed and now the bat hook is now the pointer for the browser.[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, I was using the theme today before the update and it was the old standard pointer.

Is there anything worthwhile that's gaming-related, or should I stay on 2.60 and wait for a workaround since those dumbasses broke PSN on me?

Well the LBP theme is the one with "movement". Sackboy runs around the planet or something and the scene changes with the time of day. Don't think the older ones do that.

I've been looking back in the thread. Anything new with the trophies? I probably wont update until I get up in the morning.

I can live with almost everything in this update, even the huge font and hideous friends list. .....but, the new advertising push completely turned my beautiful sleek PS3 into a browser popup ad. People who don't know how/don't want to use the PS Store aren't going to, no matter how many icons you throw onto the XMB. I want my PS3 to show me what I want to see, and it did so before. No I have to scroll across a pile of PS Store bags, and look at an Ad ticker when I load up my console? No thanks.

Ok, I'm done with my rant.. time for bed.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The only thing I've seen mentioned is that platinums don't factor into the percentage count.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind that. Why is everybody complaining about the friends list? I saw a video of it and it does not look that bad.

[quote name='wealthyassgamer']can't sign-in anymore after update :/[/QUOTE]

give it time youll get on eventually. took me a while before i was able to get on again.

Wasn't complaining about the larger font, but at least a color option should've been available since themes were added. It's annoying that about half of all official themes are worthless since the white text is hard read on their white/light backgrounds.

I like that the clock is real-time, though it's a bit redundant when the time is right next to it.

Ugh, the friends list is ugly. I also don't like (small thing) when you select a Friend Invite it is no longer on Accept it is highlighting the friends name, two more button pushes to deny! ARGH!

Where are the new avatars?

3.0 owned my new Slim. Can't get an IP address no matter what I do...wired or wireless. I've freaking tried everything man.

The new firmware update also added the ability to take screenshots in the PS3 browser and save them as photos. I guess it's so you can share with your PSN buddies what you saw on the 'nets. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The only thing I've seen mentioned is that platinums don't factor into the percentage count.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've only read that it gives game developers the ability to separate their trophy lists into sub-catagories, such as separating the base and add-on trophies for their games. That way, you can track the progress of the aforementioned types of trophies.

Also, I've noticed that comparing trophies is a bit faster too... It only took me no more than 5 seconds to compare trophies with myke and evergoo. It's wonderful news for trophy fans/whores... ;)

You can copy/paste in messages too now. Friend's list is pretty fugly IMO. I looked through my friend's list asking myself when all of you became so ugly...especially freakyzeeky...

JK, I love you man. :D

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Really? I've only read that it gives game developers the ability to separate their trophy lists into sub-catagories, such as separating the base and add-on trophies for their games. That way, you can track the progress of the aforementioned types of trophies.

Also, I've noticed that comparing trophies is a bit faster too... It only took me no more than 5 seconds to compare trophies with myke and evergoo. It's wonderful news for trophy fans/whores... ;)[/QUOTE]
It's hard to tell since I imagine that it requires an update or booting up the game just to see what's new and I haven't seen anybody mention examples. This update really needed auto-sync though.

I'm sure the reverse is not true for myke or evergoo though.

Yeah the theme is cool, not sure if the sun will change or what. Sky blue day time for me right now.

White text is hard to read... again.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah the theme is cool, not sure if the sun will change or what. Sky blue day time for me right now.

White text is hard to read... again.[/QUOTE]

Try lowering the brightness in Theme settings... I have it set to -4 and it looks fine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back