The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

Guys I think the price on these is going to fly. First off you have the conflicting articles on Supply. Sony says there will be plenty then 4 days later Gamestop says they have a list of people that is 2.3 million long. Microsoft has already said the rest of there holiday supply will be tight. Then you have the Blue light issue that is causing some issues even if its small for Sony. The Sony CEO did that on purpose to hurt the scalpers and that's exactly what he did. I have been watching ebay every day for the last 2 weeks. We started at 20,000 PS4 units for sale and 12,000 Xbox one units for sale. We are down to less then 6,500 PS4 units and 5,400 XBOX one units. Plus keep in mind other countries need to get in the fold for the PS4 still. Its not even black Friday so most of these Moms still think they can get one. I am sure the stock will be pretty good for some of these stores this Friday as they want to draw attention and get you there. But I still think its nothing even close to what is needed to fill the demand. These could rise to 700-800 as we get closer to Christmas if the supply stays on the same level as it is now. Only thing that could hurt this secondary market is huge shipments to all stores and online in the next few weeks and I just don't think that is going to happen.

On a side note the XBOX one First day unit will be hot as more and more are open, Pretty much a cant lose investment the longer you hold it.

Also to be honest I am not interested in running around for 70.00 its not worth my time and effort. I am looking min 150-200 per unit on a flip and I will hold my inventory to do so, 41 PS4 units 22 Xbox Day one units and 10 Xbox one units. I am looking for a huge jump after black Friday when people see they cant get one.

It a no lose position, Worst case scenario these all get returned back to the store if the supply is high and you are able to find these consoles.  Most all the big retailers offer hassle free returns for 90 days due to Christmas time and I built this stock all with online pre-orders from back in June.

Guys I think the price on these is going to fly. First off you have the conflicting articles on Supply. Sony says there will be plenty then 4 days later Gamestop says they have a list of people that is 2.3 million long. Microsoft has already said the rest of there holiday supply will be tight. Then you have the Blue light issue that is causing some issues even if its small for Sony. The Sony CEO did that on purpose to hurt the scalpers and that's exactly what he did. I have been watching ebay every day for the last 2 weeks. We started at 20,000 PS4 units for sale and 12,000 Xbox one units for sale. We are down to less then 6,500 PS4 units and 5,400 XBOX one units. Plus keep in mind other countries need to get in the fold for the PS4 still. Its not even black Friday so most of these Moms still think they can get one. I am sure the stock will be pretty good for some of these stores this Friday as they want to draw attention and get you there. But I still think its nothing even close to what is needed to fill the demand. These could rise to 700-800 as we get closer to Christmas if the supply stays on the same level as it is now. Only thing that could hurt this secondary market is huge shipments to all stores and online in the next few weeks and I just don't think that is going to happen.

On a side note the XBOX one First day unit will be hot as more and more are open, Pretty much a cant lose investment the longer you hold it.
then you should buy up all the remaining 6,500 ps4 units, and 5,400 xbox one units. you can make a fortune selling it later, and buy a mansion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The day one editions are gonna go up no matter what since these were only for those who pre-order, I guarantee a year from now or even 6 months from now, they will be going higher than they are now, I'm gonna save mine just in case because I rather be safe than regret it later, besides the worst that can happen is that they don't go up and I lose 20 bucks or something since I don't foresee the price of the xbox one dropping within the next year.

Don't hate buddy, Business is business not worth a reseller to pay a premium however I do buy ever unit at retail I can find. The inventory is coming down about 500 units a day on its own and that's with new listings being posted every minute. I think I have this one pegged right.  

Don't hate buddy, Business is business not worth a reseller to pay a premium however I do buy ever unit at retail I can find. The inventory is coming down about 500 units a day on its own and that's with new listings being posted every minute. I think I have this one pegged right.
then go buy every available one you see at a retail price from retailers, and make a fortune. you are the one "claiming", "Guys I think the price on these is going to fly."

Not claiming anything discussing possible future prices in an open forum with other flippers that's what the thread is for. Again if you don't like it find another thread. An to answer your question I am buying all the ones I can find via retail. I would not say hoping for a fortune but I can sure hope my entire Christmas will be free and paid for by the time I am done plus a few grand for the kids 529 plan.

Not claiming anything discussing possible future prices in an open forum with other flippers that's what the thread is for. Again if you don't like it find another thread. An to answer your question I am buying all the ones I can find via retail. I would not say hoping for a fortune but I can sure hope my entire Christmas will be free and paid for by the time I am done plus a few grand for the kids 529 plan.
i never said anything about not liking it. this is a free forum. i have every right to be here as you have. maybe you should be the one to leave, if you do not like it.

Not claiming anything discussing possible future prices in an open forum with other flippers that's what the thread is for. Again if you don't like it find another thread. An to answer your question I am buying all the ones I can find via retail. I would not say hoping for a fortune but I can sure hope my entire Christmas will be free and paid for by the time I am done plus a few grand for the kids 529 plan.
I'm willing to bet you're one of the two main idiots that started this thread (if in fact those were two different people and not just the same person hyping himself up)... and you decided to create an alt account that now has a whopping 4 total posts because your dumb ass was too ashamed to poke your head in this thread after claiming initially that you'd clear $2,000 in profit PER console.

Stop coming in here and giving out the most ridiculously bad advice.

I'm willing to bet you're one of the two main idiots that started this thread (if in fact those were two different people and not just the same person hyping himself up)... and you decided to create an alt account that now has a whopping 4 total posts because your dumb ass was too ashamed to poke your head in this thread after claiming initially that you'd clear $2,000 in profit PER console.

Stop coming in here and giving out the most ridiculously bad advice.
isn't it obvious with the join date, and post count. that is not his only alts.

If I win that every2 thing I'm seriously thinking about selling th ebbox at least.  I hear w/ the disc drive and un-upgradble HD maybe it'd be smarter to wait for a 4th of July run or something.

I'd certainly LOVE it if they started to make limited 1/2 color ones.  LIke X-mas GReen/Red or Halloween Black/Orange.............  Back to school BLack/Yellow?  Or maybe 4th Red/Blue White controller? :D

If I win that every2 thing I'm seriously thinking about selling th ebbox at least. I hear w/ the disc drive and un-upgradble HD maybe it'd be smarter to wait for a 4th of July run or something.

I'd certainly LOVE it if they started to make limited 1/2 color ones. LIke X-mas GReen/Red or Halloween Black/Orange............. Back to school BLack/Yellow? Or maybe 4th Red/Blue White controller? :D
once halo 5 is release, there is most likely going to be a xbone limited edition for it.

No alter ego and I didn't start this thread, Just a flipper have been flipping these game releases for years when they come out I remember having PS2 and then Game cube. Boy the memories I flipped 200 game cubes in 4 weeks if I remember right it was the same year XBOX came out and the XBOX had much weaker demand. Anybody would be a fool if you think you were going to make 2K a unit maybe if you have the XBOX white ones. Other then that its a Supply and Demand issue, be happy with 100-400 a unit if it happens just trying to maximize my gains. Also a Halo 5 Limited edition system will have no effect on a Day one Edition console as far as collectability. The Day one edition is a much large scope with large target market.    

Picked up my remaining preorders today. I hope things turn better in the next few weeks to flip these.

5 PS4

4 Xbone Day One

Nice. did you hold off before picking these up until your initial stock sold? how your success so far.
I sold 8 PS4 before picking up the last ones. My preorders on ebay got the most money, $200 avg profit per unit. Now I am trying to sell them for $500 on CL, but not many hits.

GBAstar

Get lost lol. Nobody wants you here. We are helping each other make money and all you're doing is poking your broke jealous head in here whining and saying its not going to work. We all succeeded in our goals while you sat on the side lines like a D-Bag

So, the way I see it for Craigslisters, tomorrow (Black Friday)  should be one of the bigger opportunities to unload systems. Either the demand will be there, or it won't. There will be shoppers that will hope to score a PS4 or Xbox One tomorrow, and if they come up empty handed, they could end up looking on craigslist to get one.

After Friday, and this weekend, I would imagine that desperation will drop significantly, until you get within about 10 days of  Xmas. So, there are really only two more really good chances to sell systems. The first opportunity will be this Black Friday weekend, and then later just before Xmas.

I sold 8 PS4 before picking up the last ones. My preorders on ebay got the most money, $200 avg profit per unit. Now I am trying to sell them for $500 on CL, but not many hits.
Nice job. wish i have as many to sell as you. CL doesn't give you much but you won't have to deal with chargeback.

sold my last next gen unit, i'm all out. anyway know where to find more. i'm not going to stand inline and fight the crazies for ps4/xbone to scalp. suggestions.
Can we stop calling the current generation of game consoles "next gen" now? now that all of them are on shelves, there really isn't anything "Next" about the gaming generation - they are current. K? Thanks

Actually if these are not all over the place tonight or tomorrow this will just be the start. The prices should take a pretty nice bump come tomorrow night if you still cant find units at retail  and early reports seem to confirm that. Keep in mind this year you have 3 weekends after this one until Christmas, They will slowly continue to rise as the supply is sold through. Just like a sporting ticket your biggest demand is the week up to the event. If supply is short these will run in price big time until Christmas most Moms do things last minute and they are still trying to find these systems, Also the media will start to get involved more once they realize the supply is extremely tight. Again this is all based on availability.  I think all the stores will get little 5-10 unit shipments but as you know that is not even close to fill the demand right now. Good luck to all the resellers. Hoping to here that all the big lines were not satisfied tonight.

Can we stop calling the current generation of game consoles "next gen" now? now that all of them are on shelves, there really isn't anything "Next" about the gaming generation - they are current. K? Thanks

your post is silly and provides zero insight on this topic. why does it even matter. its the interweb. call it whatever we want, just trying to distinguish the two. i'm not writing a presidential paper here , son.

Second Report

Nothing online in days now but systems look to stay extremely limited. Starting to see the off the cuff retailers like newegg and toys r us offering large bundles only to take advantage.. Large lines at all the major retailers across the country tonight are not producing any large quantity at this point on either system. Lots of disappointed folks who waited on line to this point with stores not having more then 20 units. Looks like the Sony CEO comments were done on purpose to hurt the early resell market. Prices are already moving higher on Ebay for both systems and it looks like local Craigslist markets are starting to thin out on all the lower priced flippers.

Looking good so far if you are sitting on decent qty of these.

Will report back when we get more by mid day tomorrow.

Looks like we saw some significant Stock out of Gamestop on the PS4 and the XBOX One tonight. Only retailer who seemed to have gotten any substantial stock for black Friday. They were only selling as high priced bundles.  Will see if they had enough Qty for the low level flippers to hold prices down on secondary sites. Being bundles its a little harder.

your post is silly and provides zero insight on this topic. why does it even matter. its the interweb. call it whatever we want, just trying to distinguish the two. i'm not writing a presidential paper here , son.
So when exactly do they stop being "next"?

1next
adjective \ˈnekst\

: coming after this one : coming after the one that just came, happened, etc.

Since we are past the PS3,360,Wii generation referring to "Next-Gen" implies you, at some point, had your hands on a PS5 from the future... How much did you pull on for that? $1,000,000 I hope

So when exactly do they stop being "next"?

1next
adjective \ˈnekst\
: coming after this one : coming after the one that just came, happened, etc.

Since we are past the PS3,360,Wii generation referring to "Next-Gen" implies you, at some point, had your hands on a PS5 from the future... How much did you pull on for that? $1,000,000 I hope
Reading comprehension issue?

I'm just on a mission to keep the CURRENT-Gen systems from being called Next-Gen for the next 12 months like people did with the PS3/360
I'm loving my next gen experience right now. Next gen, next gen, next gen.

You really don't have anything better to do? You know exactly what people mean when they say "next gen."

This might be the dumbest fucking argument I've ever read on the internet.
Agreed! Just when you think the internet cant get any dumber, an argument like this appears. I might be more understanding to such a ridiculous argument if we were into the 3rd or 4th year but were not even out of initial launch month yet, lol. Get a grip buddy!!

Agreed! Just when you think the internet cant get any dumber, an argument like this appears. I might be more understanding to such a ridiculous argument if we were into the 3rd or 4th year but were not even out of initial launch month yet, lol. Get a grip buddy!!
It's kind of funny that you agreed with him, then proceeded to take a side in the argument.

The "next gen" term sticks around for a while as the bulk of gamers don't buy in around launch.  I usually buy consoles 1-2 years after launch as there are just never enough AAA games at launch that interest me to warrant paying top price with highest odds of getting faulty hardware.

So the new consoles still seem "next gen" for a while to people who aren't buying them for a year or two after launch.

Hey all. I've been following this thread and commend those that have had success with their profiting. Currently, I have two PS4s (not the bundles of any sort) and one Xbox One. When do you guys think the optimal time to sell these would be? (Taking in to consideration, Black Friday is over, and Cyber Monday will soon pass.) Do you think there were be any major console shipments to the big name retailers from after Cyber Monday up until X-Mas? I've heard different things from different employees regarding console availability vs consumer demand. Of course, the PS4 has the higher demand. Long story short, should I wait until after Cyber Monday to begin putting them up for sale? Or wait until time draws nearer to X-Mas and  the last minute shoppers succumb to sellers' set prices? Whats your take on this?

Also, I have an eBay standard account (teal star 100% feedback score), the Amazon basic seller account, and of course Craigslist as means of selling the consoles I have. Obviously CL negates any fees, but which do you think would be the best method for selling in your opinion?

So, the way I see it for Craigslisters, tomorrow (Black Friday) should be one of the bigger opportunities to unload systems. Either the demand will be there, or it won't. There will be shoppers that will hope to score a PS4 or Xbox One tomorrow, and if they come up empty handed, they could end up looking on craigslist to get one.

After Friday, and this weekend, I would imagine that desperation will drop significantly, until you get within about 10 days of Xmas. So, there are really only two more really good chances to sell systems. The first opportunity will be this Black Friday weekend, and then later just before Xmas.
There is still good demand today. I sold my last PS4 for $600. Now I just need to move this Xbox One for $650.

WangChungWizard,  I've found CL is the best place to unload my consoles.  The buyers are out there with Cash.  I just meet at a public location and I like to bring someone with me to lower the risks. 

Also to be honest I am not interested in running around for 70.00 its not worth my time and effort. I am looking min 150-200 per unit on a flip and I will hold my inventory to do so, 41 PS4 units 22 Xbox Day one units and 10 Xbox one units. I am looking for a huge jump after black Friday when people see they cant get one.

It a no lose position, Worst case scenario these all get returned back to the store if the supply is high and you are able to find these consoles. Most all the big retailers offer hassle free returns for 90 days due to Christmas time and I built this stock all with online pre-orders from back in June.
good luck returning 74 consoles is that all instore purchased or also online cause that might take time to return

I don't plan on returning anything, PS4 has been selling constantly at 600.00 a unit selling about 3-4 a day between CL and EBAY,  XBOX one is a hair on the low side of late due to Microsoft and the major retailers selling these high priced bundles they are putting a cap on the aftermarket  Most of my units are day one editions so I am not worried on those they will increase in value as the days go buy. The regular green ones are a break even proposition at the moment. Need a few more days for the inventory to dry up from BF and Cyber Monday.  Not sure what future delivery's are looking like but I am sure they will be some here and there. You should see a steady move higher week to week as long as inventory stays constant to what we have seen, PS 4 looks like the easier flip at this point for the most profit. Units could hit 700 by Christmas week.  XBOX one will have to see what develops stick with the first day editions you cant loose with them.

Best Buy released their Day One preorders today.  I went at store opening and there was a line of about 50 people and I was the only one there to pickup the leftover preorders.  My store had 8 available.  Everybody else was there to do returns and pick up other stuff since I was the only one that was handed a ticket. 

Last week when PS4's were released,they were all snapped up before store opening with all tickets taken.

It is very clear.  The demand for the PS4 is noticeably greater than Xbox One.  Microsoft will do fine in the long run but even though it's based on initial demand, I'd say MS will be behind Sony for the next gen era. 

Btw, Best Buy stores should be getting more PS4's in this week.  My local store mentioned their store getting a shipment in transit this Thursday for 8 units PS4's.  Some other stores in my district were due shipments on Tuesday with a smaller allocation.  Don't have the time to get them since I have a full-time day job but just a heads up if you guys are really cool with your stores, they can tell you if they lookup the inbound deliveries for this week.

Nice action today, PS4 units are going from 625-650 Plus shipping on EBAY.

Xbox is starting to heat up a bit to 650-700 depending on version.

Sold 19 PS4 today. 6 Xbox one First Day edition

Time to track down more inventory. Its only Dec 2nd

First day edition units are selling fine. Just not as fast as PS4

You still will get 650-700 depending on your location

Patience is a virtue my friend

My local BB store told me the inbound allocation this week will be held for next Sunday's ad. They will be advertising units in stock over the next three weekly ads plus a private shopping event. Each store will be getting at least 6 this week to be held for this Sunday.

dude you had your fun at launch let people that want systems have them at retail prcie you greedy *****

Whoa that's nuts!

bread's done
Back