The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

Im claiming bs that you are still able to list, lewi. No one else can seem to...
lol ok

ScreenShot2013-10-16at40824PM_zps37845b2e.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the advice, I decided to have Amazon ship the ps4/xbox one to my house and send it to the buyer via USPS the same day. Should I be worried about bidders with no feedback? I am seeing them a lot in these auctions.

Thanks for all the advice, I decided to have Amazon ship the ps4/xbox one to my house and send it to the buyer via USPS the same day. Should I be worried about bidders with no feedback? I am seeing them a lot in these auctions.

Yes. 99% chance you'll get scammed and they'll abandon the account.

I sold mine for $700 a few days ago. I only pre-ordered one extra system.

Against what was suggested here, I decided to have Amazon deliver the PS4 directly to the buyer. I called to confirm that signature confirmation will be required.

The money has already been transferred to my bank account and applied to my credit card, so I don't see much of a risk here.

The buyers are buying the PS4 for their grandson for Christmas. It's the classic "Timmy has to have it" story!

I'll be out of pocket around $200 for my personal system with a game. I am satisfied with that :).

Kinda scared to sell all my 15 on preorders, just in case a store falls thru for me. Maybe I will sell 10, leave 5 as contingency...

That was my concern with pre-ordering multiples. I mulled on it for a little while, but in the end I just decided to pick up one extra to make my personal PS4 a little cheaper.

@Flippin4Profit

You accepted paypal correct? How long did it take you before paypal deposited the money from your paypal account into your bank/credit card? What kind of ebay selling history do you have? Im currently up to 12 pre orders (1st al list at each store) and Im beyond paranoid regarding paypal money freezes

The money was in my bank account in two days. I have been on ebay for 12 years with 270+ feedback rating (100%). 

I've bought/sold high-end arcade games for several years, so having $500-$1500 flow through my paypal account is not unusual. 

This might be why I haven't run into any issues. 

The buyer has over 2000 positive feedback and a confirmed paypal address.

I know Flippin! personally and he is legit. I think he should have waited longer but he made out good. I'm waiting for two weeks before christmas before listing mine. If it sells at retail I'm fine with that too. 

Right on!

Im going to suggest as before that you keep the lump sum of however many ps4's you have for the launch window. I feel prices will double based on history. I have sold many higher end items on a previous ebay account but accepted payment via money order. Oh well i think im gonna bite the bullet on this one and ebay em. Profits will be on the rise here pretty soon!

@Kidorangepanda

I urge you to read through this thread regarding the original ps3 scalping thread. Waiting until christmas is a death sentence in terms of profit. You will actually lose a good bit of money. Instead of hoping you find a desperate last second parent that will pay you big buck, stay within the proven time method and sell early. Its a 31 page lengthy read but the info in there is GOLD. Do as you wish, but you have been warned.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/87591-the-official-e-bay-scalping-thread/

@Kidorangepanda

I urge you to read through this thread regarding the original ps3 scalping thread. Waiting until christmas is a death sentence in terms of profit. You will actually lose a good bit of money. Instead of hoping you find a desperate last second parent that will pay you big buck, stay within the proven time method and sell early. Its a 31 page lengthy read but the info in there is GOLD. Do as you wish, but you have been warned.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/87591-the-official-e-bay-scalping-thread/

Like I said, I can sell for retail I'm ok with that. I already sold two of my preorders back when they stopped a couple of months ago. This one would be icing on the cake. If not, I can just sell it to my brother, he wants one for downstairs anyway.

They seemed to have really dropped. Maybe it's the announcement of the Watch Dogs delay, and the rumor of Drive Club delay. 

They seemed to have really dropped. Maybe it's the announcement of the Watch Dogs delay, and the rumor of Drive Club delay.
No, its ebay getting flooded with preorders and being 30 days out.

The avg gamer or kid doesn't stop buying because of watch dogs...

Right now, more supply than demand, to get prices up.

Ahh, good point. I'm out of the game at this point since I have already sold my extra. I'll just sit back and watch from the grandstands.

Best of luck to you all!

the hype is not that big right now for one because of watch dogs and maybe drive club but the ads are only starting i would never put systems up till a week before when people are seeing it on every media they look at.

$625...underwhelmed. was looking for around $650 but i guess thats how it goes.

After all the fees, making $130. Thats pretty yuck. Sorry but may just take my chances shipping it from Amazon to save on shipping

$625...underwhelmed. was looking for around $650 but i guess thats how it goes.

After all the fees, making $130. Thats pretty yuck. Sorry but may just take my chances shipping it from Amazon to save on shipping
130 nothing to shrug off. thats still a lot considering all you did was place a pre-order and ship the thing when it gets release.

Unlike many of you, i'll probably wait until the week before launch to list mine and have it end on release date or RD + 1.

But then i don't have 10 to sell.

Just sold one for $640 and another to Japan for $878.

Sold 7 of my 15 in 3 days...

like I said, ive never seen over $1000 cash before....cant imagine a bank account balance of 7500 for ps4s only. Life as a poor white boy I guess (says from a library computer)

@Lewi

Its safe to say you have $1000's running through your paypal account. Keep me updated on all of it making its way out of your paypal account an into you personal account. Im going to be unloading my 10 (possibly 12) PS4's and 5 Xbox Ones within a week window, fingers crossed for no paypal account freezes.

@Lewi

Its safe to say you have $1000's running through your paypal account. Keep me updated on all of it making its way out of your paypal account an into you personal account. Im going to be unloading my 10 (possibly 12) PS4's and 5 Xbox Ones within a week window, fingers crossed for no paypal account freezes.
All money has been received and transferred out so far. $5k

I considered listing mine on Yahoo Japan auctions (Japanese ebay equivalent), but I would have to enlist in the help of a friend who lives in Japan to receive the money. There is no paypal, so it gets complicated.

Sounds like you don't know how ebay/paypal works.
I used to be a wiz with ebay. Once they made Paypal a requirement, I used it less and less. Then my account got frozen and now its to the point that I use it once or twice a year. I know how ebay works perfectly as I have a pretty good standing account. Paypal on the other hand, im not completely sure of. Hence your highly useful comment in which I quoted. Let me thank you for that useful contribution if I haven't already!

I used to be a wiz with ebay. Once they made Paypal a requirement, I used it less and less. Then my account got frozen and now its to the point that I use it once or twice a year. I know how ebay works perfectly as I have a pretty good standing account. Paypal on the other hand, im not completely sure of. Hence your highly useful comment in which I quoted. Let me thank you for that useful contribution if I haven't already!

Telling you how to abuse PayPal policies to rip people off is not a "useful contribution". Jesus christ.

For all the people that will call BS on me...

ScreenShot2013-10-17at74554PM_zps2cbd2f17.png
I mean, it's not very hard to photoshop a financial statement... all you have to do is find the right font and replace the original text. Of course, I'm not implying that's what you did, because that would be crazy!

I am curious though... when I do a search for completed and sold listings on Ebay, canvasing the entire lot between Oct 14-17, I don't see many listings matching the selling amount that you are claiming. The few that did match up (namely $700) are from various sellers that don't match your own description (member since 2000, 600 feedback). I wonder, is my search just not covering all of the PS4 listings?

I dont really doubt him either but I did the same search, and assuming his username matches here (there is one on ebay) he has like 3 total listings.

Again not calling you a liar but who knows

I mean, it's not very hard to photoshop a financial statement... all you have to do is find the right font and replace the original text. Of course, I'm not implying that's what you did, because that would be crazy!

I am curious though... when I do a search for completed and sold listings on Ebay, canvasing the entire lot between Oct 14-17, I don't see many listings matching the selling amount that you are claiming. The few that did match up (namely $700) are from various sellers that don't match your own description (member since 2000, 600 feedback). I wonder, is my search just not covering all of the PS4 listings?

I dont really doubt him either but I did the same search, and assuming his username matches here (there is one on ebay) he has like 3 total listings.

Again not calling you a liar but who knows
Good grief, here are the item numbers, have fun...

ScreenShot2013-10-18at82328AM_zpsf654164b.png

Good grief, here are the item numbers, have fun...
ROFL :rofl:

I'm not keeping track of the comments made by 'anti-scalping nay-sayers' and those that are planning on selling PS4's for profit but I wonder if those that are giving you slack are mainly those that said, "It can't be done... anyone that tries will lose money... you're going to be returning consoles to the store!"

You're averaging $200+ per sale and will have potentially made $2000 in one week! #nuffsaid :applause:

bread's done
Back