The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

Amazon selling them now. I'm going to hold on for a week to gauge demand before returning. No harm no foul.
Yeah, I'm assuming all the scalpers that canceled their pre-orders accounts for this new Amazon stock. Let's see where everything falls over the weekend.

If I was mr focus, I"ll very worry right now. No chance any retail will let you return 40 PS3
I'm pretty sure he didn't order them all from one retailer. He got them from several like Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy etc

The ones showing up on Amazon are probably the ones that people cancelled because they couldn't sell them. That or Amazon had quite a few up there sleeve...

There's still a chance that you can make money because they might actually sell out. There's seven billion people on earth and the guy from Sony said he hopes to sell around three million units worldwide by the end of the year. Europe & Australia get theirs on the 29th so you do the math.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure he didn't order them all from one retailer. He got them from several like Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy etc

The ones showing up on Amazon are probably the ones that people cancelled because they couldn't sell them. That or Amazon had quite a few up there sleeve...

There's still a chance that you can make money because they might actually sell out. There's seven billion people on earth and the guy from Sony said he hopes to sell around three million units worldwide by the end of the year. Europe & Australia get theirs on the 29th so you do the math.
Of the 7 billion population, 2.5 resides in china and India and can't afford to purchase one (ps4 is not even launching there). Also, the number of population do not correlate w/ console avail for sale. Is your father, mother, brothers, sisters, kids & wife all getting their own. You must rich then. Only ea clowns make these type of comments, where every pirated download equal $60 loss in revenue. Please look at the overall context before making such analysis.

Of the 7 billion population, 2.5 resides in china and India and can't afford to purchase one (ps4 is not even launching there). Also, the number of population do not correlate w/ console avail for sale. Is your father, mother, brothers, sisters, kids & wife all getting their own. You must rich then. Only ea clowns make these type of comments, where every pirated download equal $60 loss in revenue. Please look at the overall context before making such analysis.
You're going to tell me that no one from China & India can't buy one seriously. That's a pretty dumb statement. If they wanted one then they can buy one. Cut that seven billion number as many times as you want but they'll still be more people than they're consoles.

Waiting till the first week of December should give you a real idea if they're enough supply for everyone who wants one.

BTW "Please look at the overall context before making such analysis yourself"

You're going to tell me that no one from China & India can't buy one seriously. That's a pretty dumb statement. If they wanted one then they can buy one. Cut that seven billion number as many times as you want but they'll still be more people than they're consoles.

Waiting till the first week of December should give you a real idea if they're enough supply for everyone who wants one.

BTW "Please look at the overall context before making such analysis yourself"
I was responding to the 7 billion you threw out. At lease we can agree that the target market is not comprise of 7 billion.

I was at my local bestbuy and they had like 10-15 pallets of ps4 wrapped in black plastic. I assume about a few hundred total. They say they have no extra for non-preorder customers. My local gamestop was also trying gouge people w/o pre order to buy there $999.99 bundle.

I was responding to the 7 billion you threw out. At lease we can agree that the target market is not comprise of 7 billion.
I was simply responding to your message. i wasn't trying to insult you or anything. All I'm saying is whoever's trying to sell their copy should wait until the first week of December to get a clear idea if they're Sold Out or not. If they are then sell your and make a good profit if not then just return it. No harm done either way.

I was simply responding to your message. i wasn't trying to insult you or anything. All I'm saying is whoever's trying to sell their copy should wait until the first week of December to get a clear idea if they're Sold Out or not. If they are then sell your and make a good profit if not then just return it. No harm done either way.
Agree. That's why I'm not intending to return mine right away. There's guarantee to be gap days w/ zero inventory. I'm going to cash in on those days.

ebay isn't worth the trouble at the moment, too easy to side with the buyer.  and i expect inventory to be stacked.

Nice. I might be golden after all. We'll see what happens tomorrow and over the weekend. If stock don't come back, I'm sure people will pay $600-650 for one.

Pre-orders were like inside trading for everybody, now knowing when to sell is the fun part, what will you risk?

Sold both my Amazon X1 and PS4 preorders for +$400 yesterday and last night. On my way to target to try and snag another PS4 to flip on CraigsList or eBay today. Of I can flip one more my X1 will be completely paid for! :)

Mmm Captialism!

Listings are ending in $1000 on eBay right now! With a lot more users with over 50+ rating. Still going to try Craiglist but on their people actually dropped the prices to $600 or so. I'd make much more money selling on eBay.

Listings are ending in $1000 on eBay right now! With a lot more users with over 50+ rating. Still going to try Craiglist but on their people actually dropped the prices to $600 or so. I'd make much more money selling on eBay.
What Ebay are you looking at? The only listings I see above $1000 are the combined ps4 and Xbox 1 auctions.

PS4's are in the high 580's

X1's are in the low 700's

Criagslist user emailed me saying he wanted to buy my bundle for my asking price of $800, but wanted to see pictures of the receipt and the serial number to confirm it was authentic. That sounds like a scam to me, but what could they do with pictures of a receipt?

Criagslist user emailed me saying he wanted to buy my bundle for my asking price of $800, but wanted to see pictures of the receipt and the serial number to confirm it was authentic. That sounds like a scam to me, but what could they do with pictures of a receipt?
Just go on Ebay and save one of the receipt images and send it to him. There are ones on there with the financial information blacked out. He won't be able to tell the difference.

Not sure if this is a scam or not ($800 for a ps4 or X1?)

Just go on Ebay and save one of the receipt images and send it to him. There are ones on there with the financial information blacked out. He won't be able to tell the difference.

Not sure if this is a scam or not ($800 for a ps4 or X1?)
$800 for a PS4 bundle including an extra controller and BF4.

I don't think some people know how to use eBay properly
I agree. I always have to explain to my dumb friends that just because someone is selling X or Y for $1000 doesn't mean anyone is going to buy it.

Question: Can anyone confirm if all those people dropshipping from Amazon got signature confirmation?

I agree with you. Although there is no shortage at the moment. I think since Europe is launching there will not be a 2nd shipment of consoles for the holidays. If that is the case after BF there will be demand again.

im thinking sony wants to flood the market with ps4 this week.  ill be surprised if we don't see just enough ship to stores to meet the demand on a daily basis.  then, booyah! tons to fill stores to convince gamers going to purchase a xbox and find Microsoft sold out.  thats why i think both sides are ready this time.

Guys you better watch out if you sold a PlayStation 4 from Amazon on eBay. Looks like more than half the reviews on Amazon are reporting DOA units. So if you sold one of these to a buyer on eBay then you might be looking at several returns. Just a heads up... 

Me personally I think it's just Xbox fanboys trying to trash Sony's new console but that's just me...

edit - Looks like this really is a big issue. Looks like those affected aren't just the Amazon units but Sony's & Gamestop units as well. There forums are filled with people having issues.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Broken-PlayStation-4-Systems/td-p/42122503

Capture_zpsdd987f75.png

Guys you better watch out if you sold a PlayStation 4 from Amazon on eBay. Looks like more than half the reviews on Amazon are reporting DOA units. So if you sold one of these to a buyer on eBay then you might be looking at several returns. Just a heads up...

Me personally I think it's just Xbox fanboys trying to trash Sony's new console but that's just me...
Most of those 1 star reviews are Amazon verified purchases. It wouldn't make much sense for a Microsoft fanboy to buy the PS4 just so he could give it a shitty review.

edit - Looks like this really is a big issue. Looks like those affected aren't just the Amazon units but Sony's & Gamestop units as well. There forums are filled with people having issues.
Shouldn't be a problem with us though, every PS4 will come with a warranty that the buyer can easily switch out for a replacement.

Shouldn't be a problem with us though, every PS4 will come with a warranty that the buyer can easily switch out for a replacement.
That's what I thought but put yourself in the shoes of your buyer who just paid a boatload of money for a Brand new PlayStation 4 only to find out that it's dead. Who would you go to get your money back. Sony's response to this was that they'll send a box so that you can send it in to get a replacement which could take weeks. Me personally I'd ask for a refund right away if this happen to me and I'm sure you'd do the same...

I'm just giving you guys a heads up...

That's what I thought but put yourself in the shoes of your buyer who just paid a boatload of money for a Brand new PlayStation 4 only to find out that it's dead. Who would you go to get your money back. Sony's response to this was that they'll send a box so that you can send it in to get a replacement which could take weeks. Me personally I'd ask for a refund right away if this happen to me and I'm sure you'd do the same...

I'm just giving you guys a heads up...
Worst case scenario if buyers do end up going that route, they will request a refund from us and we will be forced to refund but they still need to ship back the PS4 as well which we could in turn just return back to Amazon too for a full refund, it's not that bad if you think about it, the only bad thing is that we won't get a profit out of this.

BTW, just got my amazon PS4 at 8:45pm. Anyways, Amazon didn't require signature confirmation.  Hopefully no ones gets screw using amazon drop shipped.

Buyer left positive feedback! I guess the only iceberg I have to watch out for now is my cheap PS4 crapping out on me a few years from now :)

Buyer left positive feedback! I guess the only iceberg I have to watch out for now is my cheap PS4 crapping out on me a few years from now :)
Feedback left has no impact on a buyer being able to open a dispute later on, either through eBay or PayPal.

It is a good sign though.

I am not worried. The PS4 was drop-shipped, but I called UPS and had signature confirmation added to the package, so the buyer signed for it.

Hope everyone else has a smooth transaction!

Didn't think about adding the signature, but he got mine also and left feedback...

Somehow I still believe I would lose a dispute though

Theres no profit to be made on ebay right now. atlease not enough profit to justified the risk and the man hrs require should the buyer run into any problem.

I don't know.  I've made a lot of money selling DLC and trinkets from LE's, even a good bit from special edition controllers from LE console's, but I'm not touching that stuff with the X1 launch.  I played around with the idea of selling the Day-One controller and getting a regular one, just to off-set the cost of the system.  I'm just getting too lazy for all that.  I still have the Batman Arkham Origins steelbook sitting on my shelf that I'm too lazy to sell on ebay.  I was also considering selling the Shadow Jago code from the day one xbl package.  But, nah, that one looks too cool.

In general, though, I don't think the huge profits will be there like they were with the PS2,  PS3 and Wii launches.  I think the supply will be there at retail.

bread's done
Back