The OFFICIAL Shadowrun topic- Out Now!

[quote name='NWgamer666']It would seem to me that MS wouldn't want to release any DLC for free, what with the whole gears maps fiasco (or am I misenterpereting this?). Wouldn't that undermine the value of other DLC or be seen as aknowledge of the fact that they overcharged gamers for shadowrun?[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure-- You'd think they would charge just in order to stay consistent. However, I'm pretty sure that a majority of the fanbase as well as some of the detractors are expecting the DLC to be free-- and to address some pretty significant judgment calls for the game. I'm having a blast-- but if they don't give the users more control over the matches et all, its not going to last.

Kwanza- I agree it should be free, but it won't be. Like you said, MS needs to maintain consistency. Only thing they have given away free is that one aegis wings arcade game. They need to make it free, I cannot justify spending another cent on this game. They will fracture an already small userbase if they put up maps for points.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Deadite76, that gamerpic you got... is it a bonus you get when meeting certain conditions of the game?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't tell you exactly how I got it. All I know is that it appeared after I finished the training levels.

Will one of the mods please get rid of the poll? It's not even that funny and doesn't belong in the "official" game topic.

If anyone wants to play this sometime, send me a friend request.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Kwanza- I agree it should be free, but it won't be. Like you said, MS needs to maintain consistency. Only thing they have given away free is that one aegis wings arcade game. They need to make it free, I cannot justify spending another cent on this game. They will fracture an already small userbase if they put up maps for points.[/QUOTE]

You're completely right. I don't know what to tell you-- if they were smart, I'd think they'd release some feature updates for free (Ala Crackdown)-- something that extends the life of the game by giving you more tools to configure and enjoy the game. Something, anything. I mean the game practically begs for mutators like "Katanas Only!", "Pistols and Teleport", or round/money settings for hosted games.

Heck, I don't even know if we "host" the game or not-- its not even your room if your the only one in it. The gameplay went in a pretty complex direction, and the things that affect gameplay went in an ultra simplistic direction-- it doesn't feel right to me.

Its sad, the more I play, the more I notice "This..this..and.. this" they should have done-- Its even more disappointing because I love the core gameplay, and honestly how hard is it to put a fresh coat of paint on something this balanced and addictive?

Shadowrun is overall a good first person shooter. It has a different feel with the unique upgrade and magical abilities you can obtain. If you're looking for some good first peron action, I highly urge you to check out Shadowrun. Check it out!

Youtube link - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DcekZZ_U-Ss

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in this thread. Thanks

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']Shadowrun is overall a good first person shooter. It has a different feel with the unique upgrade and magical abilities you can obtain. If you're looking for some good first peron action, I highly urge you to check out Shadowrun. Check it out!

Youtube link - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DcekZZ_U-Ss

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in this thread. Thanks[/QUOTE]

if this was in a thread of it's own as an OP, it sure would hell sound alot like :spam:

Demo coming out tomorrow June 7th at 2AM PDT:

http://forums.xbox.com/12993313/ShowPost.aspx

Demo Features:

* Training: Chapters 1, 2, and 3
* Solo Match and Public Match (so both bot play and multiplayer)
* One map: Power Station (which means only one game type: Raid)
* Two races: Elf and Human
* Magic: Tree of Life, Resurrect, Gust, and Teleport
* Tech: Glider, Enhanced Vision, and Smartlink
* Weapons: Pistol, SMG, Rifle, Shotgun, Katana, and Sniper Rifle

[quote name='deadite76']Demo coming out tomorrow at 2AM PDT:

http://forums.xbox.com/12993313/ShowPost.aspx

Demo Features:
* Training: Chapters 1, 2, and 3
* Solo Match and Public Match (so both bot play and multiplayer)
* One map: Power Station (which means only one game type: Raid)
* Two races: Elf and Human
* Magic: Tree of Life, Resurrect, Gust, and Teleport
* Tech: Glider, Enhanced Vision, and Smartlink
* Weapons: Pistol, SMG, Rifle, Shotgun, Katana, and Sniper Rifle[/quote]

Add latter on "Lobby" and you have the beta! LOLROF!

I'm so hooked to this game. Damn Shadowrun addiction!!! *shakes fist in anger*

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So did the demo come out today or not?[/quote]

..considering it's due out June 7th and today is June 6th, I'm going to have to go with "no", chief.

[quote name='Scorch']..considering it's due out June 7th and today is June 6th, I'm going to have to go with "no", chief.[/quote]

Do'h, didnt see the date on deadite's post. Last I heard it was supposed to be out today.

[quote name='velvet396']anyone have buyer's remorse yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I was too busy on Halo 2 Vista last night (actually installing it and dealing with the piece of shit Games for Windows Live service) to get some games in but I'm still riding high on it.

I'm starting to wish I got forza 2. My gaming experience with this title goes from really big highs with great games that are busy as all hell to lows where I can't even go more than a round in a room because the host crashes or lags out. It is so hit or miss. I've been reading the developer forums, and making a few points to the fanboys that this game isn't #1, and I noticed that the developer and/or forum mod said that an "update" a.k.a patch is being worked on which would be free (no shit, sherlock). They made no comment on pricing of DLC, but I beleive it is being made.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do'h, didnt see the date on deadite's post. Last I heard it was supposed to be out today.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, there wasn't a date in my post, but it's fixed.

I've been playing quite a bit since last week and I'm still enjoying it a lot. I understand NWgamer's complaints when it comes to lag. When it lags it becomes to the point of unplayable, but I have only had one match this bad. When I quit the match and joined a new one, the lag was gone.

For $60, no single player, and few maps with no guarantee of patches/updates...i'm gonna have to refuse. From what i've heard and seen, the game actually looks fun, but at $60, it lacks A LOT of substance.

[quote name='deadite76']Ooops, there wasn't a date in my post, but it's fixed.

I've been playing quite a bit since last week and I'm still enjoying it a lot. I understand NWgamer's complaints when it comes to lag. When it lags it becomes to the point of unplayable, but I have only had one match this bad. When I quit the match and joined a new one, the lag was gone.[/quote]

Not your fault. Didnt' pay attention to the date when you posted. (right above your avatar ;))

[quote name='SynGamer']For $60, no single player, and few maps with no guarantee of patches/updates...i'm gonna have to refuse. From what i've heard and seen, the game actually looks fun, but at $60, it lacks A LOT of substance.[/QUOTE]
I was in the beat and it was $20 worth of fun if there's people playing it. It was a little deep for my tastes in FPS, as I think the more complicated you make the formula the worse it gets, but I did still have fun. I would recommend waiting on a price drop, because I can see one coming very soon for this title.

Finally! The demo came out today and it's taken a little bit to download but it's worth it. I will be on the demo side (instead of my full copy) in case any of you like to join in some games. I will be more than happy to help you out to get started and perhaps try to answer questions any of you might have. The demo is limited and is not the full experiance, but is a start.

I think we all agree that the price is high on it, but it does not mean that the game is not addicting, fun and easy to play. Besides, now you can try it for the low, low price of Free!

PS: if you do add me as a friend for some games, please send me a message letting me know that you come from CAG. Thank you.

The game is fantastic when you have a team that works and people know what's going on, but if you're stuck with a bunch of players who think this is just deathmatch, it gets old pretty quickly. I've been playing a few hours every night since it came out and I've been enjoying it a lot. I've been lucky in finding public games where someone other than me has rez and can heal too.

But I agree with everyone else that $60 is A LOT to ask for a multiplayer game with only a handful of maps.

If anyone wants to play with me, my GT: NakedSushi

[quote name='nakedsushi']

If anyone wants to play with me, my GT: NakedSushi[/quote]

I added you. I would love to play with someone that understand the importance of Rez and Tree. ;)

[quote name='Xalaga']I added you. I would love to play with someone that understand the importance of Rez and Tree. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hmm. My copy just came today and I didn't play it yet--what's that mean so I can have a headstart?

And also, to the person (i think above) said that it's not about a deathmatch soley--again, what's the main-main purpose of this? Again, I'd like to get a headstart of knowing what I should go into expecting :)

Thanks!

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm. My copy just came today and I didn't play it yet--what's that mean so I can have a headstart?

And also, to the person (i think above) said that it's not about a deathmatch soley--again, what's the main-main purpose of this? Again, I'd like to get a headstart of knowing what I should go into expecting :)

Thanks![/quote]

Most of the maps involve an artifact. Your team either has to defend it or steal it and take it somewhere. Kind of like capture the flag. There's another game mode, Attrition, where the team that kills all members of the opposite team wins. So as you can tell, Shadowrun is very team based.

As for Rez and Healing/Tree:

Rez = resurrect. It's a magic skill you can buy and it resurrects dead teammates if you can find and stand near their bodies. Once your teammate is resurrected, as long as you're alive, he'll be fine. If you die, he'll slowly bleed out and start to lose health until someone else can resurrect him before he dies.

Healing is done in the game by throwing down a seed that sprouts a tree. Also a magic you can buy. The tree stays around and anyone (including enemies) near it regains health. The tree disappears after all its health has been leeched out.

I was fairly new to the game, and I found that playing the healer role made it easier to learn what was going on. Just follow your teammates around, throw trees down at spots they seem to be congregating in, and resurrect fallen ones.

That's great advice from nakedsushi! Don't forget to also complete the training levels. It really gives you a feel of what to expect. I'm surprised by how people play online and didn't know you can assign your magi/tech to button directly from the buy menu!

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm. My copy just came today and I didn't play it yet--what's that mean so I can have a headstart?

Thanks![/quote]

Ok, Rez is for "resurrection" and Tree is for healing. You don’t die and re-spawn somewhere; the only way to come back into the game is if a teammate has res to get you up and running again.

Tree will heal you, your teammates and enemies as well. It’s important to put trees where it will be useful for your team and not for the enemy ;).

Most people do not get Res and/or tree at any point of the game. This can hurt the outcome of the match a great deal. I have yet to see the guy that didn’t buy res and tree and pull a Rambo. Usually he is screwed within seconds, no matter how good he/she is.

Lesson #1
- Play with all the races and find the one you like best. Usually go for something that helps your style of playing. For example, I am the one that runs for the artifact, heals and res. My kills are ok, but im not going to get many of them. So, I pick and Elf for race (they are faster and they self heal) then buy Res, tree, Teleport and SMG. Teleport will get me faster to the falling teammate. If I get hurt, Ill teleport my self-out and self heal or drop a tree. See how that works?

Lesson #2
- Don’t go all Halo on us and think this is an Army of one (like in halo...a sniper guy can finish the team by him self while the rest of us just sit there watching him get kills). You wont be able to finish them all if you try too. You need your teammates and as important is to get kills, is even more important to back up your teammates, make sure there health is ok and they are alive.

What can you expect of the game? Well, is addicting and just tons of fun. Even though they are 3 types of games and huge maps (and some small ones for a total of 9) you can win any match 2 ways:

1) Steal the artifact and take it to their home base
2) Kill them all.

Stealing the artifact is ALWAYS a good idea since it will give you more money. One of the game types, the artifact wills aloud you to know where your enemy is, but you don’t have to take it any ways. When those types of games appear, grab the artifact and push de D-pad up and will tell your teammates what you are seeing...which is the exact location of those Lineage/RNA bastards! *Shakes fist in anger*

I hope that get you started. :D

PS: the D-pad is really useful.
D-pad up: Tells your teammates what you are looking at and the location (3 trolls, 1 human, 1 elf, etc)
D-Pad left: Request for back up and gives location.
D-pad right: Tells your teammates to move to an specific location.
D-pad up WHEN DEAD: Tells your teammates that you need a Rez and the location of your lifeless corp ;)

anyone that wants to play can add me as well. I've been having a blast. I mostly use a dwarf and run around w/ a shotgun and res, then whatever our team needs most after that. Like the others put CAG n the message so i know u r from here.

How many people can I play with, online and off, on the same xbox? I don't want to get the game if my buddies can't come over and hop into an online game with me, just using my system. The demo seems to only support one player per system.

I haven't been able to find this information anywhere online.

[quote name='Machikunas']How many people can I play with, online and off, on the same xbox? I don't want to get the game if my buddies can't come over and hop into an online game with me, just using my system. The demo seems to only support one player per system.

I haven't been able to find this information anywhere online.[/QUOTE]

No split-screen...one player per system.

I have to say this is the biggest 360 polished turd yet. Not quite as bad as Bullet Witch but bigger :) Way to go to absolutely rape and waste a license. Um.. *what* changes were made to appease the hardcore Shadowrun fans? because what they have here is a pretty confused mess in it's own right without taking into account any Shadowrun whinging.

Okay it's set in Brazil and for once we actually have a potentially fresh idea here but is totally wasted as everything in the game is more or less the same as any generic US army/spec forces/badass setting and attitudes overlayed on top that wastes any potential the setting has. It's so bad that even when somebody/someones goes to the trouble of hijacking an already funded license with their own idea that there STILL wasn't anything produced that might have been considered worthy justification

I didn't play this very long but the gameplay youj've seen before. The bot AI is so minimal and unimpressive that you can tell why they made it a multiplayer only game. All it is a glorified joypad tester with a bunch of maps using the Halo engine. Magic system is tacked onto an already convoluted control scheme and seems like an afterthought. Game doesn't even bother to explain where the magic came from and your drill sergeant pretty much has the attitude of "oh it came out of nowhere but its a fact of our life" now?

We're owed a REAL shadowrun game for this mess.

[quote name='toper']No split-screen...one player per system.[/QUOTE]that SUCKS cocks. so theres no split screen at all? that kills the lan aspect. like lost planet cutting out lan, theyve killed a promising game for me.
im pickign up a used copy tomorrow as the dmeo interested me, if there is splitscreen lan, i will pick up 2-3 additonal copies.

[quote name='toper']No split-screen...one player per system.[/QUOTE]

Damnit. Well, I guess I'll be passing on this then. Thanks for the info. I'll watch the thread in case someone says something different.

Well, as much as I really wanted to open this, now I'm not so sure. The PC version of Halo 2 will be on sale at Circuit City next week for $39.99 and you get a free copy of Shadowrun for PC with the purchase. So its like getting each game for about $20. Though I won't be able to play it now...when I do get my PC, I'll be ready ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well, as much as I really wanted to open this, now I'm not so sure. The PC version of Halo 2 will be on sale at Circuit City next week for $39.99 and you get a free copy of Shadowrun for PC with the purchase. So its like getting each game for about $20. Though I won't be able to play it now...when I do get my PC, I'll be ready ;)[/QUOTE]

FWIW, if you go the PC route you'll still be able to play 360 users for free by using your XBL account. Let me know when you're available so we can get some "scrimmages" in!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well, as much as I really wanted to open this, now I'm not so sure. The PC version of Halo 2 will be on sale at Circuit City next week for $39.99 and you get a free copy of Shadowrun for PC with the purchase. So its like getting each game for about $20. Though I won't be able to play it now...when I do get my PC, I'll be ready ;)[/QUOTE]

Let me know when you do. I haven't found a stable PC friend on Shadowrun yet. I need some of those achievements.

I won't say the game is terrible, but it is certainly mediocre. There are some nice things going on gameplay-wise, what with the magic and tech and all, but the maps are boring, and every game I played online turned into a 16-player fuck fest. Players would drop in and out all the time, and everyone would just make a mad dash for the artifact.

[quote name='Slestak']I won't say the game is terrible, but it is certainly mediocre. There are some nice things going on gameplay-wise, what with the magic and tech and all, but the maps are boring, and every game I played online turned into a 16-player fuck fest. Players would drop in and out all the time, and everyone would just make a mad dash for the artifact.[/QUOTE]

Essentially how it winds up unless you're playing with friends. The Gametypes are such that 2 out of three reward that, and the third rewards mass killing. Its a good time waster, but I'm about done with it-- going to trade it back in and hopefully get half back.

I finally decided to open this up. I was going to trade it for C&C3 but I'll get that later eventually. Anyways, just going through the training missions first to try to become an expert on all classes ;).

the lead guy on this game was on major nelsons podcast this past sunday, and he explained that the time trying to find a match is on there side of things, not the lack of users, and that a patch will be coming in the next couple of weeks. He did say they were down with the patch, so I guess it has to be certified.

my god, I don't stay up until 4am with many games, but I did with Shadowrun. I love this freaking game. It's fantastic.

[quote name='Scorch']my god, I don't stay up until 4am with many games, but I did with Shadowrun. I love this freaking game. It's fantastic.[/QUOTE]
i think with a decent room, the game is very very good. far better than youd think with the cold shoulder this game seems to get because of its pricing.
whats kept me from buying it is the lack of splitscreen.

[quote name='paz9x']i think with a decent room, the game is very very good. far better than youd think with the cold shoulder this game seems to get because of its pricing.
whats kept me from buying it is the lack of splitscreen.[/quote]

I played the demo and based on what people have said of the 'content' that comes with the game, there's no way i could spend $60 on this game. I'll wait for $20-30, but by then, will anyone be on the servers?

This is my favorite game of the moment. Aside from the occasional shit servers, this game is awesome. I love how the multiplayer really is balanced, especially with the Tech/Magic usage and the character types. It seems like a rock-paper-scissors game when trying to choose which race to be because it seems like (to me at least) that:

Troll - awesome against Humans and Elves, but sucks against Dwarves.

Dwarf - doom for Trolls, and medicore vs. Elves, sucky against Humans.

Human - kicks Dwarf ass all over the place, bad against Elves, and shouldn't even try against Trolls.

Elf - very good against Humans, decent vs. Dwarves, and horrible facing Trolls.

- if the skill level is on equal grounds, of course.

Usually, I pick the troll because it looks badass, but it sometimes comes down to me looking at what the other team picks before I make my decision.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its great...its like CounterStrike on crack![/quote]Yeah, I like the analogy: Shadowrun is to CounterStrike, like Crackdown is to Grand Theft Auto. Faster, more excitement, and more variety.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its great...its like CounterStrike on crack![/QUOTE]

You hit it right on the head...still loving this one (had it since release). I love how you can get 8on8 play with both a group of friends or practice by yourself.

bread's done
Back