The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JoeCamNet']God forbid the free item you get is not up to your personal standards, right?
It's a freebie they don't HAVE to out, just be happy with what you get. No need to be all super entitled here.[/QUOTE]

I was obviously joking when I was talking about 'revolting', hence the smiley face emoticon afterwards. But, the next guy got it spot-on. I have purchased ALL of my codes/games legitimately. I can show you receipts from all the games I've bought in the last few months that I never would have bought otherwise, including ALL the PC games. FF XI Ultimate Collection, Supreme Commander II, even that crap FF XIV MMORPG, I've bought them all. Talk about how stupid I am for buying these games all you want, but don't tell me I am acting 'super' entitled. Also, how is an item, which by definition requires the outlay of many hundreds of dollars, free? Free? "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

[quote name='elessar123']My "Gamestop New" Front Mission 4 didn't have a code. Still think it's ok?[/QUOTE]
Yeah my "new" copy of infinite space from gamestop had a save file, I blame gamestop for being so terrible not customers. They shouldn't gut copies and sell them new.

[quote name='leylines']Yeah my "new" copy of infinite space from gamestop had a save file, I blame gamestop for being so terrible not customers. They shouldn't gut copies and sell them new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've never agreed with Gamestop allowing their employees to take the games home to play and then still sell that copy as new later in the future. But that's Gamestop's fault, and not someone "stealing" codes from Gamestop.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Front Mission 4 did not have a square enix code. Front Mission Evolved has a code inside of it. They didn't start putting codes in games until early 2009 I believe.[/QUOTE]

I meant evolved. The one that was supposed to.

I was eating lunch after garage saling while catching up on CAG and posting, stop being so nitpicky.

[quote name='elessar123']I meant evolved. The one that was supposed to.

I was eating lunch after garage saling while catching up on CAG and posting, stop being so nitpicky.[/QUOTE]

How was he being nitpicky? How was he supposed to know you meant evolved when you said 4?

[quote name='dabamus']How was he being nitpicky? How was he supposed to know you meant evolved when you said 4?[/QUOTE]

Because two people commented, and it didn't occur to them that I meant Evolved, when 4 is a 7 year old game?

[quote name='elessar123']Because two people commented, and it didn't occur to them that I meant Evolved, when 4 is a 7 year old game?[/QUOTE]

Because you actually said 4 and not evolved

[quote name='nixmahn']Because you actually said 4 and not evolved[/QUOTE]

Granted, but am I the only person that would have thought it's obviously a mistake that I didn't mean 4?

[quote name='elessar123']Granted, but am I the only person that would have thought it's obviously a mistake that I didn't mean 4?[/QUOTE]

Considering that 4 and evolved are completely different games that exist, yes.

I also like the fact that Square-Enix would combine all the lesser tier rewards, unlike Club Nintendo. Whatever SE offers this year, it would still be kick-ass compared to any other gaming publisher.

Agreed. I don't get why Nintendo won't allow Platinum members to have both prizes. That's one of the things I like about S-E Members. Feels more rewarding since you earn more prizes.

Now let's just hope those prizes are announced this week.

Well, now I'm a ultimate member thanks to CAG or at least I will be march 16th when I get my tactics ogre bonus. I don't want to blow up anyone's spot so I'll just say thanks to the people that sold them to me, they know who they are. No one tried to sell me fake codes or cheat me and I appreciate that. Since Endangered posted codes publicly and I swiped three I send my thanks to him too. Ran me a cool 20 bucks on cag to get to ultimate status. Thanks guys.

[quote name='Zonic505']I recall that they didn't mention how many people hit which levels.[/QUOTE]

this is just some awkward sentence structure!

[quote name='Arakias']this is just some awkward sentence structure![/QUOTE]Let me rephrase it, then.

From what I remember, Square Enix didn't post the number of members who reached the different tiers last year.

You know, any hope of mine with a decent prize today kinda just went out with the natural disaster. Or the prize list even being released soon. And I can't honestly blame them either.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']You know, any hope of mine with a decent prize today kinda just went out with the natural disaster. Or the prize list even being released soon. And I can't honestly blame them either.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I doubt the earthquake has anything to do with what we get or when we get it. I think poor sales on square enix games is why will get an art piece or something. I'm fairly sure the earthquake didn't damage the square enix offices or at least there has been no news of it.

My theory on what the prize will be has to do with a few factors.

a) The amount of people that become Ultimate does not matter to them, They budget the max amount possible just in case. They have to. They have to assume, however unlikely it is that every code will be registered. And if they are, that is good. To square-enix an Ultimate member is worth X amount. X=retail value of 1000pts of games. Second hand and used sales do not matter, they made their money already.

b) what type of reward will garner SE the best possible support. Last year it was an Ipod, to co-promote their Ipod game. This year... 3ds for 3ds games? Ipad for Ipad games? PSP for psp games? A statue isnt going to get them sales down the road.

c) SE will have a wholesale bulk discount. 5000 3ds will cost SE far less than 500 3ds at US retail price. Not to mention they are a huge player in japan and nintendo will want to make them happy.

That said, I would not be surprised if it another electronic device this year.

I agree, a statue or some art plate is not going to get people coming back. I don't think they'd risk alienating most of their members by giving out crap. Is it worth it to give the illusion of a potentially good prize just to have one strong year of member activity? I hope that's not how they're thinking. A PSP would be a great prize. 3DS might be pushing it.

[quote name='Endangered']5000 3ds will cost SE far less than 500 3ds at US retail price.[/QUOTE]

SE could get 3DS for

[quote name='centarian07']I agree, a statue or some art plate is not going to get people coming back. I don't think they'd risk alienating most of their members by giving out crap. Is it worth it to give the illusion of a potentially good prize just to have one strong year of member activity? I hope that's not how they're thinking. A PSP would be a great prize. 3DS might be pushing it.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this a psp 3000 is the high end ultimate prize(plus it had a price drop) and an art thing is the low end ultimate prize. They'll do one or the other. A 3ds is unlikely but if they did, I would definitely get ultimate status again next year.

[quote name='leylines']Honestly, I doubt the earthquake has anything to do with what we get or when we get it. I think poor sales on square enix games is why will get an art piece or something. I'm fairly sure the earthquake didn't damage the square enix offices or at least there has been no news of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're fine. But they did shut down their MMO servers with no notice of when they'll return. If they were deciding between prizes at this time, my guess is that they'll opt for the lower one now.

If it was some sort of electronic, I would assume it is either:

Engraved PSP
Engraved iPad (first generation-lower price)
Engraved 3DS

Then again it could be a DS of sorts, but that's sort of last generation.

[quote name='Endangered']SE will have a wholesale bulk discount. 5000 3ds will cost SE far less than 500 3ds at US retail price. Not to mention they are a huge player in japan and nintendo will want to make them happy.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you missed a zero when you typed "500".

not to disrupt the current conversation going on, but i was curious as to the current going rate for Square Enix codes. I currently have :

Kingdom hearts BBS
Tactics Ogre -worth 100 untill the 16th

I am looking for either paypal or Amazon credits if the matters.

in regards to SE giving out 3ds for ultimate, the only way i can see them doing that, is if they only award them to people who have 2 consecutive Ultimates

[quote name='chibilaharl']in regards to SE giving out 3ds for ultimate, the only way i can see them doing that, is if they only award them to people who have 2 consecutive Ultimates[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty fair assessment. Those seasoned members should definitely be awarded something special due to the limited number of fresh games to register each successive year.

Poor sales? I think, if anything, poor sales on their games will result in better items, to encourage sales.

The way I understood Endangered's comment was, if 5,000 people reach Ultimate, the prize budget for Ultimate will be divided by 5,000, thus resulting in a lesser quality prize. If only 500 people reach Ultimate, we'll get a much better prize.

And, to be fair, Club Nintendo is much different from Square-Enix Members, the foremost difference being that you can accumulate from eight different accounts. You could net Gold status with only 6 copies of game-only version of Wii Fit, which are only $4 at GameStop. SE Members can only register one game one time, and have much less titles to choose from. Our rewards should be much better.

Have
PS3/360 FF13
PS3/360 Front Mission Evolved
PS3 K & L 2
DS KH Recoded
PSP Ogre Tactics

Need
PS3/360 Just Cause 2
360 MindJack
360 Supreme Commander 2
360 K & L 2

Wii Pony Friends 2

DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
DS Space Bust-a-Move
DS Pony Friends 2
DS Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light

PSP Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
PSP Lord of Arcana

ANY PC

TRADE ONLY

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Endangered, I have finally achieved Ultimate! :D

It's crazy what's happened over in Japan, though. I could see it affecting the prizes. We can only wait and see, I'd be grateful for anything, though, especially during this ongoing disaster. Sucks they brought down the FF MMO servers, but it only makes sense with the power plant. Was planning on giving FFXIV a shot, looks like that will wait.

Honestly, for those anticipating gaming handhelds (PSP, DS, etc), I think you are wishing a little too hard. But hey, I'd shit a brick if you're right! I can only imagine how many more Ultimate members SE will have to be feeding this year as opposed to last year.

This is Square Member North America, not EU or Japan. What better way to show SE is better than Nintendo by handing out their own new handheld to its ultimate members.

I don't think they're competing. They actually kind of collaborate since one of them develops the games and the other the hardware for some of those games.

Blade makes a good point. It's MUCH easier to get Nintendo's Platinum status since they release waaaay more games, plus their downloadable games count as well. Heck, I've already gotten Platinum status for Club Nintendo about a week ago, & that doesn't end for a few more months.

FYI, the early registration bonus for Tactics Ogre has ended. Keep an eye on your points.

[quote name='Blade']And, to be fair, Club Nintendo is much different from Square-Enix Members, the foremost difference being that you can accumulate from eight different accounts. You could net Gold status with only 6 copies of game-only version of Wii Fit, which are only $4 at GameStop. SE Members can only register one game one time, and have much less titles to choose from. Our rewards should be much better.[/QUOTE]

Except with Club Nintendo you can't register the same game twice like you're claiming.
Yes, it's much easier to get Club Nintendo Platinum, but you're making it sound a lot easier than it really is.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Except with Club Nintendo you can't register the same game twice like you're claiming.
Yes, it's much easier to get Club Nintendo Platinum, but you're making it sound a lot easier than it really is.[/QUOTE]

You can add individual accounts together to make a family account and those will count towards platinum, thus register multiples of the same game too get platinum.

So I have heard, I've never tried it myself.

[quote name='nixmahn']You can add individual accounts together to make a family account and those will count towards platinum, thus register multiples of the same game too get platinum.

So I have heard, I've never tried it myself.[/QUOTE]
You can, its in the club nintendo FAQ you can even make accounts and get them merged into a family account later, you just have to email club nintendo.

Eh, flip that around real fast. If you were handing out a lame prize, you'd have more people rush to ultimate with just the knowledge that last year's was an iPod Touch.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Eh, flip that around real fast. If you were handing out a lame prize, you'd have more people rush to ultimate with just the knowledge that last year's was an iPod Touch.[/QUOTE]

was seriously hoping that was not the case, but we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back