The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU in Santa Cruz has some Advance Wars: Days of Ruin for $10. No Mass Effect. And the B1G1$5 off is running.

I'll have to keep a lookout for those other SingStars like Amped and 90s. Even if some include the mics for $19, its still a good deal.

Scored the following with the extra $5 off twice!
049148 9.98 Advance Wars Day Of Ruin (DS)
961739 9.98 Civilization Revolution (DS)
119448 5.00 Code Lyoko Fall Of Xana (DS)
042853 5.00 Top Spin 3 (DS)
010000 9.98 Prince Caspian (Xbox)

I ended up paying $5 each for the DS games and $10 for the Xbox game plus tax.

Excellent deal, thanks to the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iluvmywife']Scored the following with the extra $5 off twice!
049148 9.98 Advance Wars Day Of Ruin (DS)
961739 9.98 Civilization Revolution (DS)
119448 9.98 Code Lyoko Fall Of Xana (DS)
042853 5.00 Top Spin 3 (DS)
010000 9.98 Prince Caspian (Xbox)

I ended up paying $5 each for the DS games and $10 for the Xbox game plus tax.

Excellent deal, thanks to the OP.[/quote]Now following your math, how'd you get the $5 off twice over?

I know you got 4 DS games, but that'd only 10 bucks off.

I'm just posting some stuff from my list that I didn't see on prim4444 list, I also forgot my PSP/DS list so I'll see if I can remember to get it tommorrow.

:360: 410848 Spiderman: Friend or Foe $9.98
:360: 973782 Spiderwick Chronicles 9.98

:ps2: 016137 Pro Evo Soccer 2008 5.00
:ps2: 491095 Ice Age 2 9.98
:ps2: 797728 Rogue Galaxy 19.98

I just picked up Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, but I didn't realize that there was a B1G$5 off sale going on. I'm going to have to go back tomorrow and see if there's another DS game worth getting. I'll be looking specifically for Civ Rev, New International Track & Field or Naruto Ninja Destiny. If all else fails, I might consider Top Spin 3 or Orcs & Elves...

Went to TRU today. Saw a Slick Deals/Fat Wallet soccer mom with a list of clearance games. She went straight to the bin, grabbed a couple of the better DS games and knew they were buy 1 get 1 $5 off (even though there weren't signs and even the clerk didn't know about the sale).

I passed on Advance Wars at $10, which she snapped up (I already got at the Blockbuster clearance). Wasn't much else there...I grabbed a couple $5 Buzz Jr. trivia games (PS2), a $10 Karaoke Revolution American Idol Encore bundle for PS2, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (PSP, $5), Alien Syndrome (PSP, $5), Avatar (360, $5).

Wish I could have found a $10 Fire Emblem.

Keep in mind guys that this is the "new" TRU thread. Before you report a clearance drop, check the old thread -- odds are it's in there if it's been around for a while.

Picked up advance wars, prince of persia and pokemon fire red dungeon@ Toys R Us in East Riverside off Canyon Springs. They had at least 4 more AW, 4-5 more PoP and 1 more pokemon that one was kind of hidden behind the ds blue verion. Was trying to find assassins creed and Fire Emblem but had no luck.

[quote name='J7.']Which text color in OP represents the 4/13 drops?[/quote]

Let's learn to read the entire first post before we ask stupid questions. Good boy, here's a cookie. :D

Grabbed a Halo3 Legendary Edition today at work (TRU). It dropped to $49.98. With my discount and a $5 coupon I had I got it for $40 after it was all said and done. :) Now what the hell am I gonna do with this Master Chief helmet lol

Picked up:

:ds: Prince of Persia
:ds: Civ: Rev

for $15someodd

also saw for $5.00 each:

:ps2: jak x racing
:ds: top spin 3

so if you want a free ds game with the promo....look for top spin ;)

btw, swansea, ma store had like 5-6 advance wars: dor if anyone in the area is looking. dartmouth had some too.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Let's learn to read the entire first post before we ask stupid questions. Good boy, here's a cookie. :D[/quote]
I did read the entire OP. You could have easily answered my question by typing one word instead of giving me attitude. My thought is that blue is probably the color, but you said the 4/13 update is new clearance drops and blue says these are from the latest drop which includes those that were on clearance already. Seems like any color could indicate being the latest drop. Are all colors from the latest drop?

[quote name='J7.']I did read the entire OP. You could have easily answered my question by typing one word instead of giving me attitude. My thought is that blue is probably the color, but you said the 4/13 update is new clearance drops and blue says these are from the latest drop which includes those that were on clearance already. Seems like any color could indicate being the latest drop. Are all colors from the latest drop?[/quote]

I'm not going to answer this. I like watching you squirm.

How's that for 'attitude'?

Man I hate my ghetto TRU. They said they don't have Advance Wars: Day of Ruin or Lost in Blue 3.

How can one go about pricematching at Best Buy or Walmart or other retailers? Please advise.

[quote name='bokmeow']Man I hate my ghetto TRU. They said they don't have Advance Wars: Day of Ruin or Lost in Blue 3.

How can one go about pricematching at Best Buy or Walmart or other retailers? Please advise.[/QUOTE]

you can't

[quote name='ContrabandZ06']Grabbed a Halo3 Legendary Edition today at work (TRU). It dropped to $49.98. With my discount and a $5 coupon I had I got it for $40 after it was all said and done. :) Now what the hell am I gonna do with this Master Chief helmet lol[/QUOTE]

I'd put it on a cat or a toddler with a very small head (YMMV).

You could always do what I did, but that involves cream cheese, cottage cheese, milk, a blue sock, some breakfast pastries, gasoline, smokebombs, a Hanna Montana action figure, and a few bottle rockets.

I still have the head of the doll hanging from my rear view mirror.

How are people getting Advance Wars: DoR for $5? Unless you mean the first for $10 and second for $5, I would just say I got two for $7.50.
and if you say its posted earlier, i obviously did not see it or look for it, and i could but still might not. so if you dont want to reply thats cool.

Stopped by a TRU, this one is always slow.

There was a stack of Mass Effect for $5, so I got one. Also picked up PS2 Buzz Hollywood Quiz w/Buzzers for $9.98 and Buzz PSP for $9.98.

There was one Singstar Country w/mics for $19.99.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Let's learn to read the entire first post before we ask stupid questions. Good boy, here's a cookie. :D[/quote]

Was there really a need for this? You could have just answered his question, and it would have taken you as much time...or less...as it did to be rude about things.

[quote name='hcamacho']Got me a copy of Mass Effect for $5.35 incl. taxes!....Now let me see if this RPG, is as great as it was said it was![/quote]
it is. I got the CE for full price when it first came out & totally felt like it was worth it. for $5.35, you'll love it. : P

Local TRU has a bunch of games that SHOULD be 9.98 or 5.00 but are not. Damn slackers. Patiently waiting to try out Mass Effect for one of those price points, but all I see is a bunch still marked 29.99. Sigh.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Was there really a need for this? You could have just answered his question, and it would have taken you as much time...or less...as it did to be rude about things.[/quote]

Being a douche with replies is much more fun, though.

[quote name='jaysapathy']I'm not going to answer this. I like watching you squirm.

How's that for 'attitude'?[/quote]
I'll assume what I think then, it's all colors, they just signify specifics. What a way to run a thread though, someone asks for help so you insult them when it would take you less time to help, and then you can dish it out but not take it, continuing to not help and try to make things harder for me. :applause: I admit maybe my question wasn't the brightest and after rereading your OP a few times I started to understand it better (I've barely visited this thread before), but any time I've run a thread I've tried to answer any questions no matter what I thought of them.

[quote name='HydroX']Local TRU has a bunch of games that SHOULD be 9.98 or 5.00 but are not. Damn slackers. Patiently waiting to try out Mass Effect for one of those price points, but all I see is a bunch still marked 29.99. Sigh.

[/QUOTE]

Did you scan them? The employees could've been lazy and not updated the price stickers. As far as I know, all stores should have the $5 price for Mass Effect (the non-PH version). I believe the PH version is still MSRP.

was only able to find 1 copy of orange box today. nothing else from the new drops was available. oh well.

[quote name='dallow']Now following your math, how'd you get the $5 off twice over?

I know you got 4 DS games, but that'd only 10 bucks off.[/quote]

I copied and paste from the first post and one of the prices was different!

119448 5.00 Code Lyoko Fall Of Xana (DS)

In the first post it is listed as $9.98 but my store had it for $5. I got 2 $10 and 2 $5 games and just averaged it out to $5 each when some people would put the values at $7.50 each for 2 and $2.50 for the other 2.

Hehe, gotcha, thanks!

I picked up Advance Wars and Lost in Blue 3 myself.

Was going for Civ Rev but they didn't have it, and I haven't tried a Lost in Blue game before, seems like I would enjoy it.

[quote name='Josef']Did you scan them? The employees could've been lazy and not updated the price stickers. As far as I know, all stores should have the $5 price for Mass Effect (the non-PH version). I believe the PH version is still MSRP.[/quote]

x2. You should have them scanned to check. I was off for a couple of days and when I came in I saw none of my associates did any of the price changes. The second I did them I got wiped out of everything. Well, everything besides for Yakuza. ($5)

[quote name='Josef']Did you scan them? The employees could've been lazy and not updated the price stickers. As far as I know, all stores should have the $5 price for Mass Effect (the non-PH version). I believe the PH version is still MSRP.[/quote]

That I did. 29.99.

All the employees pretty much stood up front and loitered around the service desk laughing and carrying on, so I assume my chances at getting anything good here are slim to none. Haha.

[quote name='J7.']I'll assume what I think then, it's all colors, they just signify specifics. What a way to run a thread though, someone asks for help so you insult them when it would take you less time to help, and then you can dish it out but not take it, continuing to not help and try to make things harder for me. :applause: I admit maybe my question wasn't the brightest and after rereading your OP a few times I started to understand it better (I've barely visited this thread before), but any time I've run a thread I've tried to answer any questions no matter what I thought of them.[/quote]

The reason I didn't answer your question is simple: you're going to run into other things like that on the CAG boards, and if I do everything for you, you'll become dependent and whiny, like so many people in "another" clearance thread. People need to be intelligent and pro active. Besides, the OP was very clear, it's not like I translated it to Greek or anything. Be proactive, be intelligent, and be willing to think for yoruself, otherwise, look forward to a lot more replies to your posts like that.

[quote name='HydroX']Local TRU has a bunch of games that SHOULD be 9.98 or 5.00 but are not. Damn slackers. Patiently waiting to try out Mass Effect for one of those price points, but all I see is a bunch still marked 29.99. Sigh.[/quote]

In my experience, TRU clearance drops are national, and are activated in the system by corporate. Not to sound like a condescending idiot, but you DID have an employee scan one, right?

[quote name='jaysapathy']The reason I didn't answer your question is simple: you're going to run into other things like that on the CAG boards, and if I do everything for you, you'll become dependent and whiny, like so many people in "another" clearance thread. People need to be intelligent and pro active. Besides, the OP was very clear, it's not like I translated it to Greek or anything. Be proactive, be intelligent, and be willing to think for yoruself, otherwise, look forward to a lot more replies to your posts like that.[/quote]

Maybe he's colorblind?

;)

score.

I went in for God of War 2 and they didn't have it.

BUT

they had Oblivion GOTY for the 360 for 9.98

When I bought the game the clerk also handed me a coupon for 5 dollars off a $25 purchase between the 17th and 23rd.

ALSO, DMC4 and fracture(both 360) had colored stickers on them, so I'm pretty sure they were reduced, but to what I don't know as they aren't games I"m interested in.

Found:
513ZNGPKXNL._AA280_.jpg
for $5

Bought:
2 x Advance Wars: Days of Ruin :ds: for $15 (Buy 1 DS game, get $5 off next one works on clearance games)
Hoping to trade a copy of AW: DoR for CivRev :ds: :pray:

got smackdown vs. raw 08 for the $10 markdown. they didn't have shit else marked down, other than spiderman: fof, and that game needs to be in my library like lice need to be in my ball hair.

[quote name='chimpster1313']... other than spiderman: fof, and that game needs to be in my library like lice need to be in my ball hair.[/quote]Actually, it's not that bad. I got to the point where I hated SM3 :360: but SM:FoF is enjoyable. If you can find it cheap, I'd recommend it.

[quote name='CriscoKidd']score.

I went in for God of War 2 and they didn't have it.

BUT

they had Oblivion GOTY for the 360 for 9.98

When I bought the game the clerk also handed me a coupon for 5 dollars off a $25 purchase between the 17th and 23rd.

ALSO, DMC4 and fracture(both 360) had colored stickers on them, so I'm pretty sure they were reduced, but to what I don't know as they aren't games I"m interested in.[/quote]

Are you talking about the coupon pack? If so, you need to check it again because there are 2 of those coupons in there for different weeks.

[quote name='alextastic']it is. I got the CE for full price when it first came out & totally felt like it was worth it. for $5.35, you'll love it. : P[/QUOTE]

Just got into the character creation, and I am already liking it!

Picked up all on the DS:

AW: DoR for $9.98, Orcs and Elves for $9.98, Guilty Gear for $5.00, and Top Spin 3 for free. Came to $21.xx after tax for everything. Not a bad haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back