The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Stoked tonight as well (the TRU that I went to had 4 remaining copies also)....

One thing that did catch my eye is that they had two Halo 3 LEs on the shelf with a clearance tag for $49.98. I could see myself pick up another cat helmet if the price does go lower...

I think I'll swing by tomorrow -- my girlfriend loves mini-games, so she asked me to keep my eyes open for a deal on Circus Games.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']I got God of War II(black label) for $3.50[/quote]

what the hell my tru has this i might have to price check this today

To answer my own questions ... [quote name='flix1']Any chance they would price match the 30% off sale from a purchase in the past week. I bought the Singstar games at $9.98.[/quote]
Pricematched 6 items purchased over 2 visits during the past 12 days, no problems.
[quote name='flix1']Is it also 30% off of :ps2: Singstar Bundles with the mics?[/quote]
Singstar and Buzz bundles are also included in the sale. Pricematched previous purchases of each.

probably already mentioned but i'm not wading through the entire thread to find out.

my TRU has Official Gamecube 251 Memory Cards for $2 each,
and Platinum Controllers were half off, $12...somethin.

They had a ton of Cube controllers though so I'm going to wait for the next cut.

Yeah i decided to break down and get kingdom heart RE:chains w/ the 30% off. TRU just annoys me alot cuz sometimes the display games don't reflect what they have in their glass case. So I looked in the case and low and behold I scored the probably last copy of Orange Box for 360 for $5.00 FLAT! Very happy w/ my micro-haul.

@tetrisgrammaton: I would kill to get 1 more GC 251 memory. ya lucky bastard.. but again.. YMMV

FACTOID: Remember when TRU use to have to make u get the slip, pay for it then take it to the sealed booth to get the game? This is still a fact in TRU in Ikkebukuro in Tokyo Japan (Cheapie can u verify? :) )

ncc, there are still TRUs in NA that have that system too. :)
I still remember doing this to buy.............. Pit Fighter on SNES. :oops:

[quote name='ncc1701p']
FACTOID: Remember when TRU use to have to make u get the slip, pay for it then take it to the sealed booth to get the game? This is still a fact in TRU in Ikkebukuro in Tokyo Japan (Cheapie can u verify? :) )[/quote]
My TRU still has this system.

I picked up at Exton PA TRU (still several left of each)

:ps2:
Jak X Combat Racing $5
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando $5
Buzz! Mega Quiz with controllers $10

All before the 30% off sale.

This is was first time in awhile that clearance games were marked correctly while still in the racks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ncc1701p']
FACTOID: Remember when TRU use to have to make u get the slip, pay for it then take it to the sealed booth to get the game? This is still a fact in TRU in Ikkebukuro in Tokyo Japan (Cheapie can u verify? :) )[/quote]

I love it when you buy the game and then they can't find it in the lock up.

Picked up singstar Legends and 80's for 14 total. Almost got both for 7. Was walking out of the game section and noticed on the receipt only one game was on it. I am a cheapassgamer, but I am also an honest gamer. So I went back and told the cashier about the mistake and paid for the other one.

[quote name='pajamahead']Picked up singstar Legends and 80's for 14 total. Almost got both for 7. Was walking out of the game section and noticed on the receipt only one game was on it. I am a cheapassgamer, but I am also an honest gamer. So I went back and told the cashier about the mistake and paid for the other one.[/quote]

Bravo! :applause:

Found Sims 2: Bon Voyage for $2.90.. also saw Narnia/Prince Caspian X360 for $9.98 and Spiderwick Chronicles X360 for $5.00.

Bought uhh... Petz Catz 2 for PS2. It was $5 - 30% = $3.50, so that's not bad, even if the game is total garbage.

Reading reviews, it's not like Nintendogs, but it's actually an RPG game with some Animal Crossing elements aimed at a younger audience. Sounds decent. Can't really go wrong at $3.50.

[quote name='mcgavin27']My TRU in Valdosta still has the ticket system.[/quote]

Mine does as well. I picked up Stoked. Hope it's better than Shaun White.

[quote name='mcgavin27']My TRU in Valdosta still has the ticket system.[/quote]

I just moved to Melbourne FL and was shocked that the TRU there is like this still. As a matter of fact, it's layout is exactly the same as my old hometown TRU was when I was a kid.

My local TRUS is out of Stoked for Xbox 360. If anyone can nab me one I'll pay $15 shipped or trade you Infinite Undiscovery (360), GHIII (PS3), or RockBand (PS3) which I grabbed from my local Best Buy sale.

I picked up a copy of Stoked on Tuesday and made a thread about it on Gamefaqs in the Stoked forum. Looks like someone over there saw that topic and made one over here giving Gamefaqs the credit when I found the info here. Anyways, what I said over there was that I asked the guy how much for Stoked and he moved Scene It? BOS out of the way of the price tag and told me $40. I asked him to check by scaning it and I walked out with the game for $10. It looks like the guy didn't get the memo because when I was leaving he had taken out all the copies probably to put them in the clearance bin.

[quote name='ryanflucas']My local TRUS is out of Stoked for Xbox 360. If anyone can nab me one I'll pay $15 shipped or trade you Infinite Undiscovery (360), GHIII (PS3), or RockBand (PS3) which I grabbed from my local Best Buy sale.[/quote]

PM sent.

Grabbed yetserday:

PS2 - Singstar Legends $9.98
PS2 - Tiger Woods 08 $5.00
PS2 - American Idol Encore $5.00
Ps2 - Singstar Amped Bundle $19.98
PS2 - Boogie $5.00
PS2 - Singstar 90's Bundle $19.98
PS2 - Singstar Rocks Bundle $19.98
PS2 - Singstar Country Bundle $19.98
360 - Stoked $9.98 (probably 4-5 copies left)

The Singstar bundles were $13.99 after discount and Boogie $3.50. Bought all the Boogies that were left to gut the microphones out for trade fodder.

Also noticed some new additions to the GBA 3 for $10 bins - Totally Spies 2, Arthur and the Invisibles, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, Duel Masters, and something else...mostly crap.

Picked up Orange Box for 360 for $5. They had 24 copies.

No Mass Effect.

They had two Hori EX2 360 Fighting Sticks marked at $60. I was able to sell my own one of these two weeks ago on eBay for $84.

Also found a few guides that came up as price not available on the scanner. Does that mean it's a penny guide? What happens when you take it to the register?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Also found a few guides that came up as price not available on the scanner. Does that mean it's a penny guide? What happens when you take it to the register?[/quote]

Depends on who's at the register. The policy is for the front cover to be torn off and kept. The remainder of the guide is supposed to be thrown away. Chances are that they just zero out guides at this store and don't follow up on making sure they got rid of them. I would suggest to try to get them for free when you are buying something.

For any Bay Area CAGs, yesterday at the Redwood City TRU there were $9.99 Guitar Hero III (2 :360:, at least 1 :ps2:), a couple :ps2: Guitar Hero II Rocks the 80's, and at least 1 copy of :360: Spider-Man 3 and :360: Spider-Man Friend or Foe.

A small clearance bin but well-organized, and decent selection (no 50x Golden Compass)..

[quote name='nyprimus4']Picked up Orange Box for 360 for $5. They had 24 copies.

No Mass Effect.

They had two Hori EX2 360 Fighting Sticks marked at $60. I was able to sell my own one of these two weeks ago on eBay for $84.

Also found a few guides that came up as price not available on the scanner. Does that mean it's a penny guide? What happens when you take it to the register?[/quote]

[quote name='V Gundam']Depends on who's at the register. The policy is for the front cover to be torn off and kept. The remainder of the guide is supposed to be thrown away. Chances are that they just zero out guides at this store and don't follow up on making sure they got rid of them. I would suggest to try to get them for free when you are buying something.[/quote]

I suggest that you scan the correct UPC next time. There are 2 ya know.

[quote name='Ace!']
Also picked up Spiderman friend or foe and golden compass for the 360...in case anyone is interested[/quote]

No one is interested.

[quote name='shoe478']I suggest that you scan the correct UPC next time. There are 2 ya know.

No one is interested.[/QUOTE]

Thanks shoe. You are so helpful.

Here's what I noticed of note as I looked for some of the PSP clearance games in St. Louis:

St. Louis County TRU (Watson and Lindbergh)
10 copies of Midway Collection for PSP
8 copies of Avatar for 360
4 copies of NFL Head Coach 09 360
2 Hori EX2 360 sticks at 59.99 each
Bunch of Buzz PS2 sets at 9.99 each

South St. Louis County (Lindbergh and I-55)
1 copy of Yugioh Tag Force 2 for PSP
1 copy of NFL Head Coach 09 360
1 copy of Unreal Tournament PS3 at I believe 9.98? (not on OP) May have been 19.99; I can check if need be because it was in the $10 bin.
10 copies of Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii at 29.99 each

Houston, TX - Baybrook Area TRU

Picked up Stoked (X360) $10 and Orange Box (X360) $5 .. last copies .. going to check other TRU in the Houston area and see what else I can dig up.

This is going to sound really weird, but due to a bizarre set of circumstances, I'm actually interviewing for a job as an R-Zone manager on Tuesday.. I know, OT, but still fascinating all the same.

[quote name='jaysapathy']This is going to sound really weird, but due to a bizarre set of circumstances, I'm actually interviewing for a job as an R-Zone manager on Tuesday.. I know, OT, but still fascinating all the same.[/quote]OT? Shoot, having a thread host who IS an insider would be awesome. Since employees usually only see drops on the games in stock at their stores, the more insiders the better. Good luck!

[quote name='jaysapathy']This is going to sound really weird, but due to a bizarre set of circumstances, I'm actually interviewing for a job as an R-Zone manager on Tuesday.. I know, OT, but still fascinating all the same.[/quote]

Good luck. I am actually the R-Zone manager of my store. Idk for how long though, I may be getting transferred to another store as Assistant Store Manager. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

[quote name='EnronLackey']Houston, TX - Baybrook Area TRU

Picked up Stoked (X360) $10 and Orange Box (X360) $5 .. last copies .. going to check other TRU in the Houston area and see what else I can dig up.[/QUOTE]

The one right around Westheimer and Fondren doesnt get hit that often...its where I find most of my TRU snags.

[quote name='jaysapathy']This is going to sound really weird, but due to a bizarre set of circumstances, I'm actually interviewing for a job as an R-Zone manager on Tuesday.. I know, OT, but still fascinating all the same.[/quote]

FYI, you will be managing more than just Rzone.

[quote name='jaysapathy']This is going to sound really weird, but due to a bizarre set of circumstances, I'm actually interviewing for a job as an R-Zone manager on Tuesday.. I know, OT, but still fascinating all the same.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='life.exe']FYI, you will be managing more than just Rzone.[/QUOTE]

And if it's like every store in my district, R-Zone is where you will spend the least amount of your time.

[quote name='prim4444']And if it's like every store in my district, R-Zone is where you will spend the least amount of your time.[/quote]

Sames here, I am outside of rzone a lot more than I am in it. Yet responsible for every menial thing inside of it

[quote name='ContrabandZ06']Sames here, I am outside of rzone a lot more than I am in it. Yet responsible for every menial thing inside of it[/quote]

[quote name='prim4444']And if it's like every store in my district, R-Zone is where you will spend the least amount of your time.[/quote]

Do you guys supervise front end (customer service, registers, cash box and Geoffrey's box office) or are you paired with boys and girls?

Depending on what district and store your interviewing at I might have some advice jaysapathy.

Should be interesting to see how things go. The interview's Tuesday morning. In all actuality, this could turn out to be really strange:

I interviewed for a 3rd Key position at GameStop, and on Tuesday, I'm interviewing at TRU. Each job says 'about 25 hours a week', so theoretically, I could end up working at both. Huh.

Never thought about it like that before.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Should be interesting to see how things go. The interview's Tuesday morning. In all actuality, this could turn out to be really strange:

I interviewed for a 3rd Key position at GameStop, and on Tuesday, I'm interviewing at TRU. Each job says 'about 25 hours a week', so theoretically, I could end up working at both. Huh.

Never thought about it like that before.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you'd be allowed to work at both?

Some retailers don't allow you to work for "competition" chains. Not sure if GameStop considers TRU a competitive retailer or vice versa, but it's worth looking into so you don't end up screwing yourself over.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Should be interesting to see how things go. The interview's Tuesday morning. In all actuality, this could turn out to be really strange:

Never thought about it like that before.[/quote]

Damn, just 25hrs? Thats a full-time position, you should be atleast 30hrs. Im currently at 40 regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back