The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V Gundam']Do you guys supervise front end (customer service, registers, cash box and Geoffrey's box office) or are you paired with boys and girls?

Depending on what district and store your interviewing at I might have some advice jaysapathy.[/quote]

My store has a seperate Front End Supervisor. But her only job really is to push metrics. I have to take care of the rest. GBO, Cash Office, Registers. etc. etc.

Where are you located V Gundam? You can PM me if you dont wanna broadcast it.

[quote name='ContrabandZ06']My store has a seperate Front End Supervisor. But her only job really is to push metrics. I have to take care of the rest. GBO, Cash Office, Registers. etc. etc.

Where are you located V Gundam? You can PM me if you dont wanna broadcast it.[/quote]

She's probably good with metrics herself and pushes a little and relaxes the rest of her day while you get stuck busting your hump? PM sent.

We just happened into TRU yesterday and I grabbed Stoked (360) for $10 (so did a buddy). He pointed it out to me and I couldn't resist.

They also had Smackdown vs. Raw (360) for $10

Today I happened by another TRU in Chesterfield, MO and saw these 360 games on the clearance rack:
Dark Sector (marked $35... probably would scan lower).
Bee Movie Game

And a few others, but my memory is shot.... sorry I couldn't help more. Just check your TRU's if you get a chance... you might get lucky!

[quote name='Neotribal']Found a local TRU with 2 copies of Halo 3 Legendary edition for $49.99[/QUOTE]

A lot of TRU's still have these in stock from what ive seen. They dropped to $49.98 about a month ago. Pretty decent deal, even better when TRU has their 20% off all clearance sales that they have pretty often.

I was going to ask about this. I was confused if this price was really $49.98.

[quote name='Neotribal']Found a local TRU with 2 copies of Halo 3 Legendary edition for $49.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ContrabandZ06']A lot of TRU's still have these in stock from what ive seen. They dropped to $49.98 about a month ago. Pretty decent deal, even better when TRU has their 20% off all clearance sales that they have pretty often.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saying it is $49.98. That means it is in the clearance cycle and it'll eventually drop to $5.

lol i was also going to ask about the halo 3 legendary edition because i found one today at my toys r us
i also found a fire emblem wii and bought it :)

good find...unfortunately I found a full sealed copy (helmet and everything) on ebay for.....$25 :D

Walmart has started clearance on them too.....for $60 lol

Only thing I've been able to find was Orange Box and I got lucky on Stoked. Some soccer mom was trying to scoop it out of my hand. She tried wrestling that thing out of my hand for like a minute before she realized someone twice her size was holding onto it. :roll:

Has anyone in So Cal been able to find the HD-DVD drive? I've had no luck and no love so far.

I'm surprised multiple copies of Stoked are still widely available in the stores weeks after the drop. They are clearly marked $9.98 and still not exactly flying off the shelf. I guess TRU has TONS of these to move or casual shoppers are not too excited about the game.

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']

Has anyone in So Cal been able to find the HD-DVD drive? I've had no luck and no love so far.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you no stores south of LA have any in stock.

[quote name='prim4444']I can tell you no stores south of LA have any in stock.[/QUOTE]

grrr...thanks for the info man. How about in the inland empire? The closest i could actually find anywhere was Fry's and they had them for $40

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']grrr...thanks for the info man. How about in the inland empire? The closest i could actually find anywhere was Fry's and they had them for $40[/QUOTE]

No store in Riverside County has any. Any stores north in SB County, I don't have a clue.

Not that it's here or there, but it appears that both my GS and TRU interviews were proactive, but fell flat. GS hired some bimbo with big boobs who wouldn't know a PS3 from an NES, and TRU has suddenly decided they "don't have the hours." Ugh.

fuck retail. fuck it in its stupid ass.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Not that it's here or there, but it appears that both my GS and TRU interviews were proactive, but fell flat. GS hired some bimbo with big boobs who wouldn't know a PS3 from an NES, and TRU has suddenly decided they "don't have the hours." Ugh.

fuck retail. fuck it in its stupid ass.[/QUOTE]

Sucks dude, which GS is she working at?

[quote name='jaysapathy']GS hired some bimbo with big boobs who wouldn't know a PS3 from an NES, and TRU has suddenly decided they "don't have the hours." Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Give it some time with the bimbo. With GS tracking their employee's Pre-Orders, EDGE and GPG's more I would not be surprised that a position opens sooner then later. Just remember if you interview again to tell them how you are going to reach the set goals.

Unless your TRU is really busy then I think that they were not interviewing you for a actual Supervisor position and you would rather a full Supervisor position anyway. Same thing as GS just talk how you will improve sales when they call again hopefully sooner then later.

[quote name='V Gundam']Give it some time with the bimbo. With GS tracking their employee's Pre-Orders, EDGE and GPG's more I would not be surprised that a position opens sooner then later. Just remember if you interview again to tell them how you are going to reach the set goals.

Unless your TRU is really busy then I think that they were not interviewing you for a actual Supervisor position and you would rather a full Supervisor position anyway. Same thing as GS just talk how you will improve sales when they call again hopefully sooner then later.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if she did an ok to good job getting pre orders, edge signups, and GPGs but still was a pretty incompentent employee overall (this is GS after all). I personally have never done a preorder, I purchased my edge card via the $2 deal (now dead), warranty signups are a matter of luck getting them. To me, knowledgeable employees are more valuable. I believe that a lot of knowledgeable people who post here would not fare well if they were to work at GS because they couldn't "meet the numbers" meanwhile some who go through the motions while never having played a game since the Bush Sr. administration get promoted.

Tru is all about numbers also.not just gs. Its how most of the money is made.warranties,credit card sign ups, batteries,etc. Product knowledge takes a backseat to getting numbers

[quote name='ContrabandZ06']Tru is all about numbers also.not just gs. Its how most of the money is made.warranties,credit card sign ups, batteries,etc. Product knowledge takes a backseat to getting numbers[/QUOTE]

Instead of focusing on those numbers, they should bring the concept of "the aisle" back. TRU really screwed themselves over when they redesigned their stores 7 or so years ago, cost way too much. I remeber I overheard employees stating "it cost $10,000 to design that table" once. A lot of space at my local TRU is bare, empty whiteness (ie no stock). I'm definately old enough to remember when TRU was well laid out and had actual aisles, no more.

[quote name='burbs1989']I wouldn't be surprised if she did an ok to good job getting pre orders, edge signups, and GPGs but still was a pretty incompentent employee overall (this is GS after all). I personally have never done a preorder, I purchased my edge card via the $2 deal (now dead), warranty signups are a matter of luck getting them. To me, knowledgeable employees are more valuable. I believe that a lot of knowledgeable people who post here would not fare well if they were to work at GS because they couldn't "meet the numbers" meanwhile some who go through the motions while never having played a game since the Bush Sr. administration get promoted.[/QUOTE]

Why is the $2 deal dead now?

[quote name='shoe478']Why is the $2 deal dead now?[/QUOTE]

They no longer honor the $2 edge card deal via the subscription card that used to come in every issue. It's now $12 I believe to sign up via the mail.

[quote name='burbs1989']Instead of focusing on those numbers, they should bring the concept of "the aisle" back. TRU really screwed themselves over when they redesigned their stores 7 or so years ago, cost way too much. I remeber I overheard employees stating "it cost $10,000 to design that table" once. A lot of space at my local TRU is bare, empty whiteness (ie no stock). I'm definately old enough to remember when TRU was well laid out and had actual aisles, no more.[/QUOTE]

They redesigned them back into aisles about a year ago, atleast the one near me did.

[quote name='burbs1989']I wouldn't be surprised if she did an ok to good job getting pre orders, edge signups, and GPGs but still was a pretty incompentent employee overall (this is GS after all). I personally have never done a preorder, I purchased my edge card via the $2 deal (now dead), warranty signups are a matter of luck getting them. To me, knowledgeable employees are more valuable. I believe that a lot of knowledgeable people who post here would not fare well if they were to work at GS because they couldn't "meet the numbers" meanwhile some who go through the motions while never having played a game since the Bush Sr. administration get promoted.[/QUOTE]

"If you pre-order this game, I'll lean a little farther over the counter and pout.. Did I mention my bra is loose?"

She's two days into it, and already the assistant manager is ready to fire her. The store director likes her though -- he's probably hittin' that shit.

Ah well.

So, nothing going down to clearance next week (5/25). One game being taken off clearance and being marked up to regular price.

227194 PSP Midway Arcade Treasures $9.98 - $14.99

Also for those looking for Zune markdowns,

595775 Zune AC Adapter $29.99 - $22.98
085955 Zune 8GB Black $139.99 - $129.98
133662 Zune 8GB Pink $139.99 - $129.98

[quote name='prim4444']So, nothing going down to clearance next week (5/25). One game being taken off clearance and being marked up to regular price.

227194 PSP Midway Arcade Treasures $9.98 - $14.99

Also for those looking for Zune markdowns,

595775 Zune AC Adapter $29.99 - $22.98
085955 Zune 8GB Black $139.99 - $129.98
133662 Zune 8GB Pink $139.99 - $129.98[/QUOTE]

There go my hopes for Memorial Day clearance markdowns. Thanks for the update anyway, though.

[quote name='jaysapathy']"If you pre-order this game, I'll lean a little farther over the counter and pout.. Did I mention my bra is loose?"

She's two days into it, and already the assistant manager is ready to fire her. The store director likes her though -- he's probably hittin' that shit.

Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't she just cut the middle man (job) and gold dig already? I'm guessing she isn't hot enough to do that.

[quote name='jaysapathy']"If you pre-order this game, I'll lean a little farther over the counter and pout.. Did I mention my bra is loose?"

Ah well.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too angry about things, retail is now becoming "the survival of the unfittest" where the people who do the least work get paid the most and get most of the reward. Years ago, I worked at a mom and pop place, me and the manager (who was on antidepressants ATT) did most of the grunt/labor work. The HS age kids would slack off, steal, break things(accidentally though). Everyone was miserable, the owners were completely incompetent. The HS kids quit because they had to go off to college, the owners told them to "come back any time!" I told a replacement prospective manager not to work there, he listened to me (I told him off the clock) and was angrily fired by the owners after they found out. Thankfully I wasn't out much money considering they went out of business months later. It actually felt quite good to stick it to "the man." But my point is - don't be surprised if she works there until she quits or is promoted unfortunately:bomb:

[quote name='qwazelbee']First Post - "R Zone" employee

9.98 Guitar Hero Aerosmith XBOX360[/QUOTE]

You should maybe consider reading the first post. This has been on there for quite some time now...

ITS very useful post tnx to share it.....
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

There's a buy 1 get $5 off 2nd game $19.99 and under all systems. Valid from 5/22 -6/6. Was going to post yesterday but none of the clerks knew anything about it, the register was just taking $5 off the games. Finally today I was at a store that had signs up. Picked up yesterday mass effect x2, stoked, top spin ds, and code lyoko psp x2 for $20.

[quote name='flaprabbit']There's a buy 1 get $5 off 2nd game $19.99 and under all systems. Valid from 5/22 -6/6. Was going to post yesterday but none of the clerks knew anything about it, the register was just taking $5 off the games. Finally today I was at a store that had signs up. Picked up yesterday mass effect x2, stoked, top spin ds, and code lyoko psp x2 for $20.[/QUOTE]
So one can go about getting Mass Effect ($5) and Oblivion GotY ($10) for $10? :drool:

[quote name='flaprabbit']There's a buy 1 get $5 off 2nd game $19.99 and under all systems. Valid from 5/22 -6/6. Was going to post yesterday but none of the clerks knew anything about it, the register was just taking $5 off the games. Finally today I was at a store that had signs up. Picked up yesterday mass effect x2, stoked, top spin ds, and code lyoko psp x2 for $20.[/QUOTE]

Can confirm also. Picked up Facebreaker for $10 and got Stoked for $5 today (both 360). Hooray!

The copy of Stoked is up for trade if anyone wants. PM me.

[quote name='Sa2vador']Can confirm also. Picked up Facebreaker for $10 and got Stoked for $5 today (both 360). Hooray!

The copy of Stoked is up for trade if anyone wants. PM me.[/QUOTE]
Was this automatic or did you have to mention it?

A guy on NeoGAF reported picking up TMNT (GBA) for $5. It got really good scores from major gaming sites and is supposed to be an homage to Turtles in Time and the arcade game from 1989.

If all GBA games are 3 for $10, am I right in thinking that if you bought 6 GBA games you could get them for $5 total ($0.83 each) with the $5 off each set of 2 games?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']If all GBA games are 3 for $10, am I right in thinking that if you bought 6 GBA games you could get them for $5 total ($0.83 each) with the $5 off each set of 2 games?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I don't think it works that way. You can probably get 2 for $5 though. The first one will be $5 and the 2nd one will be free ($5 off). So it could be 4 for $10 rather than 3 for $10.

[quote name='nyprimus4']What other good GBA games are out there?

edit: Is GH Aerosmith $10 game only, or a bundle with the guitar?[/QUOTE]

It's $10 game only. But it is eligible for the $5 off deal if you buy it with something else.

Most TRU's have a very small GBA selection. It's best not to get your hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back