The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
got RE5 for $32 today on a very YMMVsituation. i paid for two games and had second thoughts of the other game and thought id just bite the bullet and pay the $40 for RE5. i returned the other game and they did not make me return RE5 and rebuy. so i got RE5 for 20% off $40 not to bad but like i said before its YMMV

I dug through the bins at the Knoxville Center Mall's TRU and found a copy of Buzz TV (PS3) burried at the VERY VERY bottom of a PS2 bin. This goes great w/ my copy from Walmart for $20; 8 buzzers now! :D

Last Friday I picked up:

Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade (360) $9.98
Drawn to Life (DS) $9.98
Shepherd's Crossing (PS2) $9.98

at TRU Times Square NYC. The Namco Museum isn't that big of a savings, but it seems like a great deal if you like old arcade games, since you get about 9 XBLA games plus a bunch more games on one disk.

The week before that I found:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS) $9.98

at the TRU in Union City, NJ

The TRU in my area had 2 of the 12-month XBL Gold kits marked down to 22.98 a pop. I picked up one for my friend and my girlfriend picked up the other. My friend only cared about the subscription card, so that brings my grand headset total up to 6 :)

confirmed GOW:COO is 9.98 even though it was on the wall for 19.99! Picked up 2, got asked by 2 TRU employees: Do you realize you got two of the same game? Man, Well I guess I could've bought one at GS for the same price right?
Also got wife 2 singstar games for $5, games only. They did have some mic bundles for 9.98 (1 ps3 and 2 ps2) and 1 copy of buzz (ps2) which I should've gotten, more buzzers are great!
Would've dug more, but when wifey heard I got her 2 singstar games I was to head home, she's been singing for like 2 hours now! Whooped her butt on Ice Ice baby though!

TRU in Silverdale, WA had mostly only PS2 games. I grabbed the last Kane and Lynch PS3. Only PS3 game on clearance. They had 360 games but mostly old sports.

I did overheard the employees talking about something going on next week that "somebody" wanted to get rid of a bunch of PS3 stuff.

Ah shoot. Not much at my local TRU. As far as clearances go, I saw Lost Planet:Colonies, Blue Dragon, PGR4, PES 2008 (all 360) for $9.98. Also saw POP at $20, and RE5 for 29.99 like many have stated. Also saw Star Wars: Force Unleashed (hopefully thats the right name) for $10 when you also buy the guide.

[quote name='Coper3000']Also saw Star Wars: Force Unleashed (hopefully thats the right name) for $10 when you also buy the guide.[/QUOTE]
That's supposed to be the other way around. You get the guide for $10 when you buy the game.

[quote name='justoneuncle']That's supposed to be the other way around. You get the guide for $10 when you buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. Didn't have any interest in this, but thanks for clearing it up.

[quote name='justoneuncle']That's supposed to be the other way around. You get the guide for $10 when you buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Kind of funny, since they are doing 50% off all guides next week.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Generally anything that ends in a 0 price is a YMMV manager's markdown[/QUOTE]

I saw my first manager's "special" that made me laugh tonight. A Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition that had on it marked that it was "missing the statue" and was priced (and scanned) at 90.90. Gee, what a deal Mr. Manager!

[quote name='heyheyhey11']so how much is the halo 3 legendary edition ?[/QUOTE]

Had $30 in gift cert and was planning on getting halo le for father's day, imagine my suprise when they rang up $19.98 each, ended up picking up 2 for $10 after my gift certs.

Just to make it clear Halo Legendary with helmet is now $19.98. Was tagged correctly at the store I went to. Don't know what else dropped this week as I didn't feel like looking around while lugging that box with me.

Store had 4 copies, now 2 left.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Had $30 in gift cert and was planning on getting halo le for father's day, imagine my suprise when they rang up $19.98 each, ended up picking up 2 for $10 after my gift certs.

Just to make it clear Halo Legendary with helmet is now $19.98. Was tagged correctly at the store I went to. Don't know what else dropped this week as I didn't feel like looking around while lugging that box with me.

Store had 4 copies, now 2 left.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any at local TRU in ages, but maybe they have them in back. I may ask next time I find myself in the area (none of them are especially close to me).

[quote name='flaprabbit']Had $30 in gift cert and was planning on getting halo le for father's day, imagine my suprise when they rang up $19.98 each, ended up picking up 2 for $10 after my gift certs.

Store had 4 copies, now 2 left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I posted this dropped to $19.98 two Mondays ago. I guess not many people care about it anymore.

[quote name='Josef']Yeah, I posted this dropped to $19.98 two Mondays ago. I guess not many people care about it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Don't know how I missed your post from
two weeks ago. I've been waiting on this to drop for a while now. Had 2 $5 rewards certificates burning a hole in wallet since may. Lot of stores near me still have them in stock.

Halo 3 Legendary Edition $19.98 - CONFIRMED
Item#410945

Heads up to anyone looking to grab this, starting 6/26 its an additional 20% off all clearance items. So hold on to your receipts

Anyone still able to find the singstar games at their stores? I've been to the one TRU in Tempe AZ, and one in Glendale CA and I had to luck finding any. IF someone can help me get some of those games I'll pay cost plus shipping.

[quote name='Ragekod']Anyone still able to find the singstar games at their stores? I've been to the one TRU in Tempe AZ, and one in Glendale CA and I had to luck finding any. IF someone can help me get some of those games I'll pay cost plus shipping.[/QUOTE]

Wish I could help. Those things are a fucking piece of work to ship, though. Cheapest way to send the Vol. 2 bundle is $10.35, Vol. 1 is $12 something. I don't think you'll be able to find them any more either. The 6 Toys R Uses that I checked out in my travels were pretty bare. I lucked out and got one each for myself.

[quote name='riccaboni']Wish I could help. Those things are a fucking piece of work to ship, though. Cheapest way to send the Vol. 2 bundle is $10.35, Vol. 1 is $12 something. I don't think you'll be able to find them any more either. The 6 Toys R Uses that I checked out in my travels were pretty bare. I lucked out and got one each for myself.[/QUOTE]

I already got vol 1&2 for PS3 and Aba but I was just for the PS2 versions, but thanks anyways.

[quote name='confoosious']I know this has been answered before but I couldn't find it.

I got some extra mics from the singstar bundles. ebay or gamestop?[/QUOTE]

If you have the original packaging for PS3 singstar. Put the mics back in with the game and go to a blockbuster that will take it. $36 TIV

If you can get a copy of singstar vol. 2 trade it in as a bundle to game tag or game crazy. I know game crazy doesn't require any packaging. Only the game disc and the microphones. (good for the trader, sucks for anyone buying it from them) Game Crazy supposedly is going to do a 25% trade boost later this month. Or you can try to price match any deal going on at gamestop if a game crazy manager will let you. $19.50 TIV without any trade boosts.

Ebay would be better than Gamestop. You only get like $2 something TIV even if you can get the 40% boost it's only less than $4 and thats TIV not cash you can get from Ebay. I would buy it from you but shipping would probably kill the deal =)

Picked up two copies of Singstar Vol 1 for the PS3 today (2nd going to a friend... shipping would be a pain.) Glad to hear about the red dot clearance from a friend who works there as well.

Now to find my last few receipts from there.

Did I just hear that the ABBA version is on clearance as well?

[quote name='intoxicates']If you have the original packaging for PS3 singstar. Put the mics back in with the game and go to a blockbuster that will take it. $36 TIV
/QUOTE]

Holy crap!

Thanks for the head up.

[quote name='riccaboni']Wish I could help. Those things are a fucking piece of work to ship, though. Cheapest way to send the Vol. 2 bundle is $10.35, Vol. 1 is $12 something. I don't think you'll be able to find them any more either. The 6 Toys R Uses that I checked out in my travels were pretty bare. I lucked out and got one each for myself.[/QUOTE]

Media Mail is your friend.

I have an ABBA, Vol 2 (solo), and Vol 2 (mic) available on my trade list. All PS3.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Media Mail is your friend.

I have an ABBA, Vol 2 (solo), and Vol 2 (mic) available on my trade list. All PS3.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about shipping the mics media mail? Media mail doesn't cover hardware.

[quote name='shoe478']Are you talking about shipping the mics media mail? Media mail doesn't cover hardware.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I won't ship media mail for these things. Don't want it returned to me and then it's a big hassle.

I just traded in Singstar PS3 to BBV for $36. Hell of a flip since I bought it for $10 at TRU.

They aren't taking Vol 2 though.

[quote name='intoxicates']If you have the original packaging for PS3 singstar. Put the mics back in with the game and go to a blockbuster that will take it. $36 TIV
[/QUOTE]

I see that confoosius managed to get it done, but for others: keep in mind that Blockbuster sent out a memo a few months back instructing stores not to take games for trade-in if they come with accessories. So while many CAGs have been able to trade these since then, be prepared for some YMMV action there ;).

[quote name='io']I see that confoosius managed to get it done, but for others: keep in mind that Blockbuster sent out a memo a few months back instructing stores not to take games for trade-in if they come with accessories. So while many CAGs have been able to trade these since then, be prepared for some YMMV action there ;).[/QUOTE]

This was the first item I ever traded in. Thanks to all the CAGs. I went to 3 different blockbusters before one store finally accepted the trade. It's funny because every store is different. I called one store asking about TIV in general and that store did not even accept trades, but the guy directed me to another store which claimed they only give store credit. I went to another store that did not let me trade in Singstar PS3 after calling the manager, but gave in $12 in "cash" for Singstar vol. 2 standalone after 6pm. Another store I went to after 6pm went by the book, litterally, the girl pulled out a 3 ring binder and said they do not accept trades after 6pm; however, she was one of the nicest and explained how to open up a trade account. I went to the same store the next day, before 6pm, and the manager was there who did not even scan the product saying they did not accept any items with accesories. The third place I went to accepted the trade although he looked nervous while doing it. He was cool cause he let me know they can put it on a GIFT CARD so I could use the credit at any BB. I asked him if I could trade in another one and he said yeah the computer showed something like 998 available for trade ins. So I go back happy I found a place after my gf was getting mad and saying no one would do it, making me look dumb. I was disappointed because it was another guy who scanned the product and said they are not accepting the game for trade ins according to the computer. To confirm I go to another store who said the same thing.

OK so you think I was done....Heck NO!!! After going through all the BS everyone was telling me. After work another day after feeling that I lost out by not trading more at the same time with the one guy that did it, I went to another BB close to work. YOU'd BE SURPISED what the manager told me. He was the coolest yet, "I wouldn't hire him to do any business". I brought two Singstar PS3 games in and he not only accepted both, but gave me some inside info. I'm not sure if I asked him how much they sell them back for but he said, "Do you really want to know?" I was like $50? He was like nope $29.99. I was like really!!! You'd think he would be pissed but he was like yeah a while back Kane & Lynch was on sale and he would buy it and trade it in for more. I asked him if I had more would I be able to trade them in. He said that you can only trade in two every week, or two weeks, I forget, but then he says, but that does not stop you from going to another store!!! Crazy!

Keep in mind one girl said that you should bring the package open because trying to trade it in brand new looked suspicious.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, that's why I won't ship media mail for these things. Don't want it returned to me and then it's a big hassle.

I just traded in Singstar PS3 to BBV for $36. Hell of a flip since I bought it for $10 at TRU.

They aren't taking Vol 2 though.[/QUOTE]

Nah, if they catch it they will just charge the person that gets it the correct postage. I just like Media mail and I figure that if enough ppl abuse it, they will cut it off.

COnsidering the Singstar Vol 1 PS3 is in the worst packaging possible, I'm not sure how they're gonna take what I traded in and package it. I wonder if they will just put it in a ziplock bag.

Anyway, I wish I had another to trade in or that they took Singstar Vol 2.

Thanks for the tip.

I've traded in 3 unopened at different stores with the excuse that it was a gift for my birthday and I didn't want it. I also kick in that I don't like the song list (which is true).

[quote name='confoosious']COnsidering the Singstar Vol 1 PS3 is in the worst packaging possible, I'm not sure how they're gonna take what I traded in and package it. I wonder if they will just put it in a ziplock bag.

Anyway, I wish I had another to trade in or that they took Singstar Vol 2.

Thanks for the tip.[/QUOTE]

For PS3 Vol. 2 bundle, your best TIV would be Game Crazy $19.50, Game Tag around $19, or Game Haven $23. Gamestop doesn't give much. These are without any trade boosts. (these are rough estimates)

For Game Crazy you can try and bring in a TIV ad from another store and they might match that. Also like I mentioned before GC doesn't require any packaging. If you can get a trade boost of 30% you would get about $25 from GC. And don't forget to ask them to put it on a GIFT CARD, although they will keep any left over change as store credit.

Also some employees will BS and say they can't do something when they really can. Check your reciept after purchasing anything from GC because like someone else mentioned they charged me for the game guard protection when I clearly said I did not want it. I'm not sure if it's BS as well but they will say that they cannot refund the game guard purchase. I asked them if I spoke with the district manager and the guy in charge was like, "well I can give you an extra 10% on your next used game purchase". I accepted cause I didn't want to waste my time arguing. The extra 10% wasn't even worth it because I could not use it with any promotion.

jdawgg has passed the official Toys R Us Clearance Thread
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

[quote name='ContrabandZ06']Halo 3 Legendary Edition $19.98 - CONFIRMED
Item#410945

Heads up to anyone looking to grab this, starting 6/26 its an additional 20% off all clearance items. So hold on to your receipts[/QUOTE]

How does that work. Do you just bring back your old receipt and they give you the discount. And if so how old can the receipt be? Also can you bring in a receipt from another TRU store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back