The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicates']How does that work. Do you just bring back your old receipt and they give you the discount. And if so how old can the receipt be? Also can you bring in a receipt from another TRU store?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is 30 days, it should be on the receipt. Last time I did it, they adjusted it and gave me the difference and it was from a different store.

I'm going to try to get a TIV from Movie Gallery today and see if they will give me $19.50 for the Singstar Vol. 2 bundle, thanks bud.

dawgg has passed the official Toys R Us Clearance Thread on to me, so
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

[quote name='confoosious']I didn't even know Movie Gallery took trades. Is this nationwide?[/QUOTE]

Well GC is part of Hollywood Video and MG plus I have had MGs quote TIVs before. My MG has a Game Zone or something so they do take trades, I just don't know if they match GC's TIVs. I have a feeling they should though.

[quote name='phear3d']grabbed Halo 3 Legendary today for $19.98. thanksto whoever reported this![/QUOTE]

Is this the one that's packaged with the helmet? If so, where does TRU display it, since it's not just a normal game case? TIA.

[quote name='Mysterio']Is this the one that's packaged with the helmet? If so, where does TRU display it, since it's not just a normal game case? TIA.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think it's wherever they have room in the store. At my TRU they have them stacked on top of the drink cooler in the corner of the R Zone area.

[quote name='intoxicates']How does that work. Do you just bring back your old receipt and they give you the discount. And if so how old can the receipt be? Also can you bring in a receipt from another TRU store?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shoe478']I believe it is 30 days, it should be on the receipt. Last time I did it, they adjusted it and gave me the difference and it was from a different store.

I'm going to try to get a TIV from Movie Gallery today and see if they will give me $19.50 for the Singstar Vol. 2 bundle, thanks bud.[/QUOTE]

The official policy on price adjusting prior purchases is 14 days. But this isn't widely followed. My store will generally adjust prices if your reciept falls within the normal 45 day return policy for games and such. It will depend on the store and the person working the service desk/manager on duty, so if you don't succeed at first, try again with someone else at a different time. Some will do it, some won't.

wooo it seems singstar vol 2 with mics do fetch 36 each at blockbuster.. my cousin and I are already bored with the ones i picked up few weeks back.... Its a major pain in the ass to ship them (almost 10 to 15 bucks to ship) so i think i will try to run the 2 over today and try to get 72 out of them...

[quote name='slidecage']wooo it seems singstar vol 2 with mics do fetch 36 each at blockbuster.. my cousin and I are already bored with the ones i picked up few weeks back.... Its a major pain in the ass to ship them (almost 10 to 15 bucks to ship) so i think i will try to run the 2 over today and try to get 72 out of them...[/QUOTE]

How are you shipping them? You should be able to ship the bundles for less than $5.

[quote name='slidecage']wooo it seems singstar vol 2 with mics do fetch 36 each at blockbuster.. my cousin and I are already bored with the ones i picked up few weeks back.... Its a major pain in the ass to ship them (almost 10 to 15 bucks to ship) so i think i will try to run the 2 over today and try to get 72 out of them...[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the first Singstar PS3? If you're talking about Singstar Vol 2, that would be new.

[quote name='guessed']How are you shipping them? You should be able to ship the bundles for less than $5.[/QUOTE]

yea its singstar vol 2.... what sucks is they took the SOB out of system today at noon... Called at 10am and they go 36... stopped after work and they said manager took the games out at noon.... Should of taken them monday.. Now stuck with 2 copies of them O well.... i guess they can go to goozex or yard sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shoe478']You aren't supposed to ship hardware with Media Mail.[/QUOTE]

To quote the Fonz in Waterboy: What mama doesn't know won't hurt her. (cue Roy Orbison)

[quote name='HydroX']To quote the Fonz in Waterboy: What mama doesn't know won't hurt her. (cue Roy Orbison)[/QUOTE]

It's still wrong. In my opinion, people that abuse media mail are no better than the people that commit return fraud.

Not to mention it is taking a risk sending it media mail, if they open the package. Gamestop gets away with it though, they have shipped me at Beatmania bundle (with turntable) and DDR bundle with dance pad media mail in the past.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Not to mention it is taking a risk sending it media mail, if they open the package. Gamestop gets away with it though, they have shipped me at Beatmania bundle (with turntable) and DDR bundle with dance pad media mail in the past.[/QUOTE]

funny thing about the gamestop, they just sent me a psp game with a broken case... They said if you tape the case together does the game play.. i go yes, They then say the game isnt broken then
FU gamestop

a broken case does not = a broken game

You can ship the bundles media mail because there is disc media in there... It is NOT fraud... As an example, my halo legendary edition which I ordered from Amazon came to me shipped via media mail... Books and discs are fine to ship via media mail.

[quote name='zman73']You can ship the bundles media mail because there is disc media in there... It is NOT fraud... As an example, my halo legendary edition which I ordered from Amazon came to me shipped via media mail... Books and discs are fine to ship via media mail.[/QUOTE]

A set of microphones isn't media.

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/senditwithintheus/mediamail.htm

spacer.gif
" Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

spacer.gif
bullet.gif
There are presorted rates available for bulk quantities of Media Mail (minimum quantity is 300 pieces).
spacer.gif
bullet.gif
A barcode discount is available for Media Mail.
spacer.gif
bullet.gif
Rates are based on weight and size."

Was just in my local Toys R Us today and they had Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Buzz TV both for PS3 clearanced to 9.98. I picked up 2 copies of Buzz TV but there were still 3 left. This is Manchester NH btw.

[quote name='zman73']You can ship the bundles media mail because there is disc media in there... It is NOT fraud... As an example, my halo legendary edition which I ordered from Amazon came to me shipped via media mail... Books and discs are fine to ship via media mail.[/QUOTE]

So by that logic, if I include a CD with a bunch of toys, clothes, whatever, it's media mail?

:roll:

[quote name='slidecage']yea its singstar vol 2.... what sucks is they took the SOB out of system today at noon... Called at 10am and they go 36... stopped after work and they said manager took the games out at noon.... Should of taken them monday.. Now stuck with 2 copies of them O well.... i guess they can go to goozex or yard sale[/QUOTE]
That sucks. I'm surprised they took them at all, in the BBV deal thread on CAG it says they don't take Vol. 2.

[quote name='Coper3000']I know another member posted something about an extra 20% off starting the 26th. Anyone else heard anything about this?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Arcturiang']^ That sounds good. Seconding for details.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, extra 20% off starting on the 26th on all clearance items. I got a flier in the mail about it.

It is easier to get a price adjustment. You just need the receipt and not the game but it isYMMV, when they had 20% off clearance items around a year ago they told me it didn't apply to prior purchases.

I told them other people at other TRU stores had gotten the adjustments so the manager said if the register system allows it, they will give me the price adjustments and the system did allow it.

[quote name='shoe478']You aren't supposed to ship hardware with Media Mail.[/QUOTE]You're not even supposed to ship video games media mail! I discussed this at my PO when shipping before and they said it was clearly stated that games are not considered media for their intents and purposes even though it is on a cd or dvd. They agreed it should be allowed, but it was not up to them. Then again when MTV.com had that glitched sale and I got the 360 wireless controller PC receiver it was shipped to me via media mail.

[quote name='jdawgg76']You're not even supposed to ship video games media mail! I discussed this at my PO when shipping before and they said it was clearly stated that games are not considered media for their intents and purposes even though it is on a cd or dvd. They agreed it should be allowed, but it was not up to them. Then again when MTV.com had that glitched sale and I got the 360 wireless controller PC receiver it was shipped to me via media mail.[/QUOTE]

if you already have the games packaged, and you are going to ship them media mail, just tell them your shipping dvds. they wont make you open it if its already packaged. the guy at post office that deals with me knows i ship games media mail but always says, "dvd's right?" with a smile. remember, as long as its already packed, they wont make you open it.

[quote name='darkpice']if you already have the games packaged, and you are going to ship them media mail, just tell them your shipping dvds. they wont make you open it if its already packaged. the guy at post office that deals with me knows i ship games media mail but always says, "dvd's right?" with a smile. remember, as long as its already packed, they wont make you open it.[/QUOTE]

Exactamondo! ^_^ whenever I have to send away large / heavy package .. just use darkpice approach in order to get the cheaper price and besides is it technically "media" due to its contents .. besides what idiot would start packaging items at the post office or during standing the line .. thats just dumb and inconsiderate

I'm with Shoe on this one. I think it's dumb and inconsiderate to misuse the media mail rate. It's blatantly wrong and morally incorrect to say, "Hey, wink wink nudge nudge, if I can get away with it it must be ok!" Further to my point, just because we have examples of companies like GS, MTV and Amazon (once sent me a nunchuk controller that took two weeks to get to my house - i was pretty mad) misusing the rate doesn't mean that we've got the go ahead to do the same.

Silver lining: First Class Parcel is incredibly affordable and much, much faster than media mail. Better handling, too. Media mail is carried on the same trucks that carry parcel post, which is a pretty rough ride.

[quote name='darkpice']if you already have the games packaged, and you are going to ship them media mail, just tell them your shipping dvds. they wont make you open it if its already packaged. the guy at post office that deals with me knows i ship games media mail but always says, "dvd's right?" with a smile. remember, as long as its already packed, they wont make you open it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EnronLackey']Exactamondo! ^_^ whenever I have to send away large / heavy package .. just use darkpice approach in order to get the cheaper price and besides is it technically "media" due to its contents .. besides what idiot would start packaging items at the post office or during standing the line .. thats just dumb and inconsiderate[/QUOTE]Well, yeah, who's gonna package it at the store and say, "Look at me abusing your system!" Actually, I'm sure there's someone. I was just commenting on the legality/morality side of it all. And also it's dumb, but not inconsiderate since that's why they have tables out because they want you to go there, buy more expensive packing materials and pack it there.

[quote name='cheeky']I'm with Shoe on this one. I think it's dumb and inconsiderate to misuse the media mail rate. It's blatantly wrong and morally incorrect to say, "Hey, wink wink nudge nudge, if I can get away with it it must be ok!" Further to my point, just because we have examples of companies like GS, MTV and Amazon (once sent me a nunchuk controller that took two weeks to get to my house - i was pretty mad) misusing the rate doesn't mean that we've got the go ahead to do the same.

Silver lining: First Class Parcel is incredibly affordable and much, much faster than media mail. Better handling, too. Media mail is carried on the same trucks that carry parcel post, which is a pretty rough ride.[/QUOTE]The best part of MTV shipping me something media mail is that when the package arrived I noticed the address it was shipped from was local. It took over two weeks for it to get to my house from the warehouse which is a 35 minute drive away!

Thanks Yoshifan.

I would consider MediaMail but I know it would probably get damaged and the buyer would want his money back even if it did not.

I don't know the rules on Media Mail, but at my post office, they always offer to send things "media mail" if its the cheaper option when I trade games, even after they ask me if they are games, and I tell them yes. Oh well.

Anyways, let's hope for some good snags at TRU!

[quote name='cheeky']I'm with Shoe on this one. I think it's dumb and inconsiderate to misuse the media mail rate. It's blatantly wrong and morally incorrect to say, "Hey, wink wink nudge nudge, if I can get away with it it must be ok!" [/QUOTE]

I think there's two things going on here.

First is that some Post Office employees interpret the media mail directions as excluding games. Most do not. There is no official policy that bans video games. Since every game system is a computer, any CDs, DVDs, or game media are obviously "recorded computer-readable media".

Personally, I think this is a bias against games and gamers by these employees. DVDs contain ads, so there is really no logical reason why the policy as written should exclude games and include commercial DVDs. Anyone trying to enforce a no-game policy is simply making it up and going with their interpretation.

Second is the attempt to ship non-media game-related stuff by media mail. This is an abuse. A controller is in no way "media".

Back on topic: Yesterday, found DS Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker in a clearance bin. Marked 9.99 it rang up as $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back