The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody bothered to look at the mention I made regarding media mail over what I recieved from Amazon... A HUGE box containing Halo 3 legendary... Is Amazon cheating the system? It was shipped MEDIA MAIL... That's MY justification for sometimes sending things media mail as long as they have disc media in them... I was asked once what I was sending and I told them flat out there was disc media in the package... Had no problems... If I send out a huge box of shit and threw one little book or cd in it, I would NOT ship media mail... I'm not cheating any system by doing this on the rare occasions I send out bundles.

And Shoe... On the occasions I HAVE sent out mics only... it was NOT shipped out media... but if the game is included... I ship it out media... The one time I was questioned about my shipping was when I was shipping out a singstar bundle... they asked me about it, and I mentioned there was disc media within the bundle... if they had told me otherwise, I would have shipped it another way, I was told it was fine...

Picked up a Guitar Hero Rechargeable battery pack for $1.60 at my local store.

Had a few other games in hand that I could have picked up for $8 bucks (Nights, Indy 500 Wii, and Drawn to Life) but passed on them.

Picked up Conduit with SW:FU for $12. Also picked up a Metroid Prime 3 guide. Got it for $4 after clearence (10%) and the deal (50%). Bought it in preparation for Metroid Trilogy.

[quote name='guessed']I haven't seen any at local TRU in ages, but maybe they have them in back. I may ask next time I find myself in the area (none of them are especially close to me).[/QUOTE]

Dude, thanks for the tip! I was at an out of the way TRU in Pembroke Pines, asked if they had a Halo Legendary. He had some guy check the back & BAM! Last one!:D

With the additional 20% off, it was $15.98. :whee:

Thank you everyone who posted about the Halo 3 Legendary Pack!:applause:

[quote name='Arcturiang']The TRU in Watchung in Blue Star Mall (Rt. 22) had only Singstar 2 and Blue Dragon for this. And a shitload of Battle Bots.[/QUOTE]
They really need to organize their racks better. You have to move stuff around to make sure you don't miss something. There was some girl game in front of Resident Evil Archives. They also had some Brawl cases on the bottom rack where SFIV was.

There was naught but shite at the Laguna Hills TRU. Any orange county (CA) CAG'ers try the Tustin? Is it worth the trip?

Quick question.

On the clearance items, do they have to end with a certain number? I know past deals have had it end in a 8 or something. Just curious.

I checked out the Thousand Oaks TRU, and came away empty-handed. Very slim pickins on anything. They had 1 360 Kane/Lynch, some licensed 360 stuff, and a bunch of bargain-bin PS2, Wii and DS titles.

They had Klonoa, but no price on the index card. Anyone know what it goes for at TRU?

[quote name='Siberkat']Dude, thanks for the tip! I was at an out of the way TRU in Pembroke Pines, asked if they had a Halo Legendary. He had some guy check the back & BAM! Last one!:D

With the additional 20% off, it was $15.98. :whee:

Thank you everyone who posted about the Halo 3 Legendary Pack!:applause:[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear a different outcome from this CAG's inquiries that received the response "NO DICE" from several retail outlets.

[quote name='brianace']There was naught but shite at the Laguna Hills TRU. Any orange county (CA) CAG'ers try the Tustin? Is it worth the trip?[/QUOTE]

Went to Tustin after work. Sucked also. Many copies of Bratz games, GH Aerosmith, and Shrek the Tird. Anyone have any luck at other So Cal TRU's?

[quote name='Ace!']Quick question.

On the clearance items, do they have to end with a certain number? I know past deals have had it end in a 8 or something. Just curious.[/QUOTE]

It said ending in 8 or 0 at the store I was in tonight. Too bad I already have Burnout Paradise because someone is going to get a great deal at $7.98. I did pick up Kane and Lynch for the same price, but BOP was the steal. Passed on 360 versions of Facebreaker and numerous other crappy 360 titles and a bunch of junk Wii titles - none of which I remember. Plenty of 360 FB at the Oak View store in Omaha.

[quote name='batman1939']Damn it! Saw Halo 3 helmet other day at TrU in Cerritos, CA, but didn't check price. Went right now and guy tells me some guy came earlier and was going to buy for tag price of $60 but it rang up at $5 so he took them all...in two shopping carts. So I fly over to TrU in Bell, CA. First they don't want to let me in because it's 8:53pm, (yes they close at 9:00pm but manager tells me "we have to close some time") so I have to say "please just want to check one thing." He walks me to games and ask cashier if they have any more Halo 3 in black box. "Sold out earlier." So to repeat myself... Damn it![/QUOTE]

LOL you were there too? i was at Cerritos and they were sold out too. lolol

I'm kind of new at this and haven't read all the posts, any word if this goes for all Toys R Us? I'm in Jersey and looking to get some games to hold me over for awhile. Mainly looking for another copy of Halo 3.

Thanks

[quote name='batman1939']Damn it! Saw Halo 3 helmet other day at TrU in Cerritos, CA, but didn't check price. Went right now and guy tells me some guy came earlier and was going to buy for tag price of $60 but it rang up at $5 so he took them all...in two shopping carts. So I fly over to TrU in Bell, CA. First they don't want to let me in because it's 8:53pm, (yes they close at 9:00pm but manager tells me "we have to close some time") so I have to say "please just want to check one thing." He walks me to games and ask cashier if they have any more Halo 3 in black box. "Sold out earlier." So to repeat myself... Damn it![/QUOTE]

dang! two carts??? Last time I went to Cerritos they were cleaned out of everything. Talked to a nice girl there and she told me some of the employees are well known about the clearances prices and that most of them buy 'em out once they get cheap. After I heard that, I decided to never stop there again since it's quite far out from where I live.

Saw Transformers for 19.98 today, but didn't do a price check on it.

Picked up Singstar Country and Nights for the Wii today along with the 10 percent off coupon for 7.something each.

Whats Toy's R us policy and price matching for their own store. I purchased a few copies of Singstar on 6/2 and since they were on clearance i want to go back and get my 20% off for these games i bought. Is their a cartain period i have to go back

[quote name='averageguy']Whats Toy's R us policy and price matching for their own store. I purchased a few copies of Singstar on 6/2 and since they were on clearance i want to go back and get my 20% off for these games i bought. Is their a cartain period i have to go back[/QUOTE]

Sears is 30 days with that sort of stuff where as TRU, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target, and others are YMMV, leaning strongly to the "Sorry, we can't do that" side, especially for clearance items.

Went in looking for Buzz psp at $5 to no avail (oos - as usual) but I did find some decent deals (sale, not clr):

$10
sim animals :wii:
smackdown 09 :wii: (good flip?)

$20
de blob :wii:
rayman raving rabbids tv party :wii:
prince :360:

$30
fear 2 :360:

$40
skate 2 :360:
resident evil 5 :360:
call of duty world at war :360:
legends of wrestlemania :360:
street fighter 4 :360:

Picked up yesterday the last Ninja Blade for 19.99 and got Ninjatown for 7.98 after the 20% clearance.

I also saw that my store had a 50% off ALL strategy guides sign. I think that ends today though.

[quote name='blandstalker']I think there's two things going on here.

First is that some Post Office employees interpret the media mail directions as excluding games. Most do not. There is no official policy that bans video games. Since every game system is a computer, any CDs, DVDs, or game media are obviously "recorded computer-readable media".

Personally, I think this is a bias against games and gamers by these employees. DVDs contain ads, so there is really no logical reason why the policy as written should exclude games and include commercial DVDs. Anyone trying to enforce a no-game policy is simply making it up and going with their interpretation.

Second is the attempt to ship non-media game-related stuff by media mail. This is an abuse. A controller is in no way "media".

Back on topic: Yesterday, found DS Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker in a clearance bin. Marked 9.99 it rang up as $5.[/QUOTE]

my post office doesn't consider games to be media but shipping first class is always around the same or in most cases cheaper than media mail anyway.

[quote name='Foo228']Went in looking for Buzz psp at $5 to no avail (oos - as usual) but I did find some decent deals (sale, not clr):

$40
call of duty world at war :360:[/QUOTE]

Thanks I've been wanting to pick this up again. I thought I saw that on sale the other day, but when I called to verify, both times I was told $59.99.

[quote name='deadite76']Thanks I've been wanting to pick this up again. I thought I saw that on sale the other day, but when I called to verify, both times I was told $59.99.[/QUOTE]

No prob, man.

[quote name='riccaboni']Sears is 30 days with that sort of stuff where as TRU, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target, and others are YMMV, leaning strongly to the "Sorry, we can't do that" side, especially for clearance items.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my TRU is now like that for clearance items.

Saw 2 Halo 3 Legendary editions 3 days ago at my TRU. Today I went in and only one was left all the way at the top shelf. Used the 10% coupon combined with the already 20% clearance and walked out the door with the set for $15.58 :D

Just picked up Wild Earth: African Safari for Wii. It originally price-checked for 9.98, but it actually rung up at $7.98 with the 20% off clearance. The game has one of the R-value stickers on the front. We're doing an African animal theme birthday party for my son, so it seems like a neat game to throw on in the background.

I got

:ds: Orc & Elves - $4!
:ds: Drawn to Life - $8
:wii: Battalion Wars 2 - $8 (I used a price scanner and it said item not found; rang up for $8)

Also picked up a Pokemon DP Strategy guide for $4, and my brother got an extra :360: guitar controller for $9.

A massive fuck you to the douche bag hoarder that bought all the Halo 3 LEs at the Central Ave. Yonkers, NY location. The manager told me some asshole looking guy bought all 12+ of their stock. So yeah, fuck you for screwing over people that would have actually played the game instead of trying to turn it into profit.

[quote name='knightsdwn']A massive fuck you to the douche bag hoarder that bought all the Halo 3 LEs at the Central Ave. Yonkers, NY location. The manager told me some asshole looking guy bought all 12+ of their stock. So yeah, fuck you for screwing over people that would have actually played the game instead of trying to turn it into profit.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he just needed 12+ helmets for his Halo Re-enactment. Or he is starting a new gang, the Halo Helmet gang (the Warriors had gangs about this far fetched). Shocked there was a store that still had 12 honestly.

[quote name='ackbar7']Maybe he just needed 12+ helmets for his Halo Re-enactment. Or he is starting a new gang, the Halo Helmet gang (the Warriors had gangs about this far fetched). Shocked there was a store that still had 12 honestly.[/QUOTE]

A Halo cat re-enactment doesn't sound that bad actually... why didn't I think of that.

But yeah, my local TRU decorated the top of the glass game shelves with the Halo LEs. I guess it's partly my fault for waking up at the crack of noon to try and purchase it. Lesson learned.

[quote name='knightsdwn']A massive fuck you to the douche bag hoarder that bought all the Halo 3 LEs at the Central Ave. Yonkers, NY location. The manager told me some asshole looking guy bought all 12+ of their stock. So yeah, fuck you for screwing over people that would have actually played the game instead of trying to turn it into profit.[/QUOTE]

If people just wanted to play the game, what would it matter what version they have? a stupid giant helmet shouldnt be a factor. therefore, the hoarder must have wanted them for the reenactment as mentioned.

Hit up 6 TRUs on a 400 mile drive to see my parents, found quite a few items although no Halo 3 Legendary whatsoever.
Have these been mentioned?
PS3
Call of Duty 3 $10
DS
Spyro New Beginning $5

Gun GC/PS2/XBOX $5
Disney Think Fast Wii $10

thank you for love my india
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

[quote name='ronfear']my post office doesn't consider games to be media but shipping first class is always around the same or in most cases cheaper than media mail anyway.[/QUOTE]
So your post office has different rules than the rest of the USPS in general?

[quote name='knightsdwn']A Halo cat re-enactment doesn't sound that bad actually... why didn't I think of that.

But yeah, my local TRU decorated the top of the glass game shelves with the Halo LEs. I guess it's partly my fault for waking up at the crack of noon to try and purchase it. Lesson learned.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you should have read this thread two Mondays ago. Because that's when I first mentioned it dropped to $19.98 at TRU. Then maybe it could've been you hoarding all those copies of the game, thus screwing the evil hoarder in your area ;)

Decisions, decisions. Do I head to the local flea market 2 hours after they opened and all of the normal game deal hunters have picked the place clean.....and make a stop back home @ TRU to try and see if they'll PM the 2 copies of Stoked for the 360 I bought to flip to FYE and get my massive refund($4 total lol)?

I gotta think bout this one, since I know by now the flea market is picked clean probably and the chances of getting an actual price adjustment from TRU are slim to nil probably.

So do you guys think they would've dropped the Guitar Hero DS Lite's? I know they were $120 a few months back but I didnt know if they would be clearanced lower by now. My store still has quite a few.

[quote name='Bezerker']So do you guys think they would've dropped the Guitar Hero DS Lite's? I know they were $120 a few months back but I didnt know if they would be clearanced lower by now. My store still has quite a few.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any further drops on it at my store, but the 20% off clearance sale worked on these last time they had it, so it probally does now too. I'd try and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back