The Official Warhawk CAG Clan - Join in!

[quote name='MSUHitman']When are the first offical clan sessions/clan vs. clan matches going to be?[/quote]

NEVER if we don't get someone with a strong connection to host the server.

Im looking for a central time zone clan to play Warhawk with. Im from Wisconsin Ive had the game 2 days and already im addicted so ill be playin for a long while. ps3 id is Rezner. thanx

[quote name='NamPaehc']NEVER if we don't get someone with a strong connection to host the server.[/quote]

Crap, you're right. Who here has a good connection?

I have crappy dsl. You'd think with how technological the area I'm in is(bay area), we'd have FIOS by now.

What about Cheapy(if he's down)? I heard Japan has the best connections.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Crap, you're right. Who here has a good connection?

I have crappy dsl. You'd think with how technological the area I'm in is(bay area), we'd have FIOS by now.

What about Cheapy(if he's down)? I heard Japan has the best connections.[/quote]

Right now it is only letting me do 8 person matches so I don't think mine is good enough.

Really, hosting a server really isn't very tough. I don't think we need anyone to host a server 24/7. But maybe when we set gaming nights, someone can step up and say they will host if they can make it.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Really, hosting a server really isn't very tough. I don't think we need anyone to host a server 24/7. But maybe when we set gaming nights, someone can step up and say they will host if they can make it.[/quote]

Wonder if it would work also if the host wasn't playing, but just set up the server for others to jump on. Maybe that would make a difference with the server's performance?

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Crap, you're right. Who here has a good connection?

What about Cheapy(if he's down)? I heard Japan has the best connections.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I don't have too good of a connection myself; however, I'm getting FiOS tomorrow in my hometown (whenever I go back home over some weekend, I'll be able to take advantage of it).

I've not tried hosting before. If you start a room, does the game determine the max number of people you can hold or something?

[quote name='MSUHitman']I've not tried hosting before. If you start a room, does the game determine the max number of people you can hold or something?[/quote]

Yes. One of the ways it helps to keep the game from being laggy is to only give the server owners the option of hosting a certain number of other players that their connection can handle while keeping things smooth.

My connection must be pretty decent. I hosted a game in which I also was a participant, and it allotted me 20 spaces.

I have cable internet through Comcast.

people who think they can host could start putting up there upload and download speed for comparison

psn- burr22
timezon- eastern
headset- yeah

this game is so sweet and i love to get in the clan a.s.a.p. cuz i play every day posible.

[quote name='A7las']My connection must be pretty decent. I hosted a game in which I also was a participant, and it allotted me 20 spaces.

I have cable internet through Comcast.[/quote]
I think we have a winner! If you want to set up a server sometime that would be super sweet.

Mana, if you could come through with your fios connection, that would be great as well! :applause:

edit: Rhippo, make sure the headset is off first. Then hold the button until the light is a constant blue. Your headset is now in discoverable mode. Under accessory settings in the ps3 XMB, choose register bluetooth device. Then when it finds your Jabra headset, pick that and enter the code 0000. Now go to audio device settings, set your mic level to 4 and speak. The meters should register whenever you say something. Oh btw, be sure your jabra headset is selected under the input section. Hope that helps.

Also I make it a habit to check the audio device settings b4 I boot up warhawk to make sure my headset is properly synced already.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']
Mana, if you could come through with your fios connection, that would be great as well! :applause:[/QUOTE]The next time I'm home and it's there, I plan to get my PS3 up and running on it, and I definitely plan to test it. If it works out really well, I'll host a game over the weekend on my PS3. :)

The last two people who got an invite to the CAG East clan were the people who recently posted. If you still didn't get an invite from me, let me know in this thread, and I'll take care of it.

Are Pacific invites still going out? I Applied but have not received an invite yet. I really want to play on a cool clan rather than random jerks :) heh I want to know where my jerks are coming from.

Anyway please shoot me an invite.

PSN: ZedR
Pacific Time Zone
Headset yes

My network times on create a game:
Max Players: 8
Upstream: 64,243
Downstream: 632,911
Modem: Ambit u10c018
Router: Linksys wrt54gs
Connection: NAT2
Wireless: No

Thanks!

[quote name='gorgonzola238']Mana Knight, can you send me a clan invite, I did not get mine yet.[/QUOTE]I'll do it. Sorry, I tried inviting you a few times the other day, and kept getting you didn't exists, so I stopped trying. I'll check back at everyone on my list I got that (such as you) right now.

Edit: I tested my internet connection at my apartment, and it says I can have around 20 or 24 players max. However, I can guarantee I won't always get that.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll do it. Sorry, I tried inviting you a few times the other day, and kept getting you didn't exists, so I stopped trying. I'll check back at everyone on my list I got that (such as you) right now.[/quote]

Ok, thanks. The holiday delayed the shipping on the game, but I got it this afternoon and I have started playing already.

The invite was just sent. The following people have still not been invited (I counted 20 people IN the clan who have accepted, including myself):
PlayYing
Myope
Orion_of_Chaos
kingkork
ohheysean
iGhosty
WatchdogXC

I am having a hard time staying connected, but I think its my modem. I never had a problem playing online before I moved, and my roommate is constantly getting booted off of WoW.

I should be able to get the clan invite now, every store in my area was sold out till I finally managed to grab the last copy at my local EB today...

PSN: snozzb3rry (some asshole took crunchb3rry)
CAG: crunchb3rry
Zone: Eastern (Eastern, night owl)
Retail Copy w/ headset

[quote name='Shoki']I guess there is a problem with invites:

They need to fix the clan invite system. As it is now it won't let you send out anymore invites after you send out your ~30th invite. Whats the point of having a 64 member clan limit when you can't send out more than 30?

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&message.id=66125#M66125[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there is, because it won't let me send out anymore. :( Only 2/3 of the invites I sent have been accepted.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, there is, because it won't let me send out anymore. :( Only 2/3 of the invites I sent have been accepted.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if this related to the fact that not all invites have been accepted yet.

Weird idea, but maybe if you temporarily switch clan admin to someone else, it'll allow them to send more?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Wonder if this related to the fact that not all invites have been accepted yet.

Weird idea, but maybe if you temporarily switch clan admin to someone else, it'll allow them to send more?[/QUOTE]I might appoint another leader (probably Thomas96) and see if the thing works.

I'll get to the invites and updating the list tomorrow morning. Had to crash a couple classes to get added and I'll probably be taking afternoon classes on MWF :/

Since I get the game today I'll go ahead and throw my stuff out there even if invites are broken at the moment:

Draekon (Draekon)
Headset: Yes
Time Zone:
Central

We can only send invites AFTER you have logged onto Warhawk once. Think most of the central people who have logged on already have theirs so if you just got the game, you're ivites will come after you've been playing a bit (and I know when I can send them to you).

[quote name='ighosty']didn't get an invite yet, might be becus the error tho, but send me one when u get a chance[/QUOTE]Yeah, I tried inviting you many times. Originally, you didn't have the game, so you couldn't get one. Now, I can no longer send more invites because I already sent 30.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I tried inviting you many times. Originally, you didn't have the game, so you couldn't get one. Now, I can no longer send more invites because I already sent 30.[/quote]
alright, ya i ordered it from family video and they took forever to finally ship it 2 me, but i got it today. If some else in the eastern clan could send me one i would be very appreciative.

should be playin some more tonight after i get a paper done.

When I get the chance, I'm going to go through my list checking as to who has the game again. I might see about appointing another admin of the clan and see if they can invite more people.

bread's done
Back