The Official "Xbox 360 Elite Ebay Scalpers Wall of Shame"

oasisboy

Banned
I am very confident that there will be idiots who expect to make thousands by buying 20+ xbox 360 elites and selling them on ebay. So feel free to use this thread to post pics of idiots with their elites, plus outrageous "buy it now" auctions, sad stories about how mom and dad have cancer and need to sell an xbox 360 elite to pay the bills, etc, etc... let the mayhem begin!!! :lol:

xbox-360-elite-02.jpg

But it was announced it's not even limited... I can't imagine anyone going PS3 levels of insane over a console revision.

[quote name='Chacrana']But it was announced it's not even limited... I can't imagine anyone going PS3 levels of insane over a console revision.[/quote]

Most of your local rednecks don't know the difference. They just want to make their $$$ on ebay...

[quote name='oasisboy']Most of your local rednecks don't know the difference. They just want to make their $$$ on ebay...[/QUOTE]

Ha, I don't think its the local rednecks investing thousands of dollars to sell game consoles on the internet.

[quote name='Chacrana']But it was announced it's not even limited... I can't imagine anyone going PS3 levels of insane over a console revision.[/quote]

Shipments will be scarce through July.

[quote name='Chacrana']But it was announced it's not even limited... I can't imagine anyone going PS3 levels of insane over a console revision.[/QUOTE]

We recieved an email today at my EBGames saying that quantities are gonna be so limited, we can't take preorders.

EB/GS not taking preorders is like Micheal Jackson not touching boys. Something has to be majorly screwed up for it to happen.

[quote name='Chacrana']But it was announced it's not even limited... I can't imagine anyone going PS3 levels of insane over a console revision.[/QUOTE]
DS Lite anyone?

Super rare for more than a year.

Of course, there's not $1,000,000 eBay scalping. I guess if that's what "PS3 levels of insane" mean.

It's not even close to Christmas, either. That's what really makes the hoarders' dreams and schemes even halfway understandable.

And no, I'm not going to call it 'the holidays'. It's Christmas, 'kay?

[quote name='darkrage']I really dont see this being a hot ticket item.[/quote]

That's what people said about the wii....

It might be a bit harder to find then a normal 360 but by no means will it be rare, or hard to find.

However those who are looking for a 360 might want to check ebay around the release time of the elite. Simple economics tells us that many people will be selling their old 360's to buy the new one. Which should flood the market, and knock down prices.

[quote name='sp00ge']That's what people said about the wii....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Stupid people said that about the Wii. I saw thw whole Wii thing comming.

My whole thinking about the elite is that its not going to be something thats going to totally change someone's mind about the 360. The 360 has been out a year and a half now, and if you havent wanted one until they announced the elite (Sweet HDMI and a larger HD!!!! My games will be ever awesomer!!!) the added features arent going to be a system seller. Also, at $480, its gonna suffer some of the problems the PS3 fights right now (luckily, there is already an established library of games).

On the other hand, If you have been meaning to get a 360, have the extra cash, and are big AC/DC fan its a viable option. This isn't going to be like a system launch, and its not going to be like the DS Lite.

I think people will TRY to make money, and thus this thread should be good. But somehow I doubt they're going to sell for too much over retail.

[quote name='darkrage']

On the other hand, If you have been meaning to get a 360, have the extra cash, and are big AC/DC fan its a viable option.[/quote]Because the system is back in black?

[quote name='oasisboy']Available now on ebay!!![/quote]
ouch!! that hurts on a broadband connection... maybe you should make the pics thumbnails or links. just a suggestion;)

[quote name='darkrage']I really dont see this being a hot ticket item.[/quote]

Agreed...The extra space on the hard drive and an HDMI connection is nice, but I do not see people going crazy for it...

[quote name='Scorch']Shipments will be scarce through July.[/quote]

you've said this before, but i dont think so... aren't there like 300,000 being shipped out within a bit? That is about as many PS3's came out at Xmas...

[quote name='aniousjoe']ouch!! that hurts on a broadband connection... maybe you should make the pics thumbnails or links. just a suggestion;)[/quote]

You are right... I fixed it...

[quote name='DREDD2912']Bidding is up to $102.50...I wonder how he got one???[/quote]

Broken street date?

But I wouldn't think stores would have gotten them in this early.

[quote name='DREDD2912']Bidding is up to $102.50...I wonder how he got one???[/QUOTE]

It's at $600 as of 3am Pacific Thurs... Still reserve not met - WTF? Why does he even bother with a reserve?

The BIN's that o-boy listed have been pulled for some reason, very strange. Yet the regular auction preorders are still up.

I thought for sure people wouldn't include pictures of themselves this time, but this first in-hand auction has one! :lol:.

pfft please, its not outrageous if they can find some sucker to buy it. any profit is still profit.

plus if they can't sell it for profit, they can always return it to the store for a refund; thats the genius of it.

if anythign this thread should be about the dorks who give money for this sort of thing.

you can stil see people on ebay buying gh2 and gh2 controllers for absurd amounts of cash.

eBayers don't really bother me that much. If you really want a launch day console and you can't be bothered to wait in the rain for hours, then you can just pay three times the price on eBay.

[quote name='getmyrunon']I take it you missed the PS3 launch.[/QUOTE]
No I didn't miss it but that was at least a new system, this is just an update it will probably get over $1000 before it's all said and done.

[quote name='M1C13']No I didn't miss it but that was at least a new system, this is just an update it will probably get over $1000 before it's all said and done.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you what's going to happen right now. This ONE auction will go fairly high as it is the only one (the the system in hand) up there (or one of just a few - I haven't checked but I don't think there are many). The media will report that the new 360 is selling for $1000+ on eBay, people will then horde the system and *flood* the market on the actual release day, barely making back their money after fees. It will be just like the PS3 launch but on a smaller scale with even *less* of a window for profit.

Note that it doesn't matter if the bidders are sham bidders who are just messing with the auction (as many did for the PS3 launch). The dumb-ass media will assume it actually sold for $1000 or $2000 or $10000 or whatever the hell it gets too. I was smacking my head every time a new channel reported PS3's selling for $10,000 or so - we all know (because we did simple bid history investigation) that those were most likely not going to be paid. Now, of course, eBay has made that much harder by hiding the bidder's identity. So that sucks if you are a seller - you can't see what the bidders are up to in other auctions (if they have bid up several other ones to $10,000 you can be pretty sure they are messing with you ;)).

I actually want one of these (unlike with the PS3). However, I'm sure as hell not willing to wait in line for it or camp out (since the lack of reliability upgrades means I barely want one ;)), so I guess I'll just have to wait a bit.

By the way, it is at $4050 right now. I don't care if this was a limited edition of only ONE system, it isn't worth that price. People are messing with the seller (as happened with many PS3 auctions). Expect it to go much higher before it ends or gets pulled.

[quote name='io']By the way, it is at $4050 right now. I don't care if this was a limited edition of only ONE system, it isn't worth that price. People are messing with the seller (as happened with many PS3 auctions). Expect it to go much higher before it ends or gets pulled.[/QUOTE]
the only problem I see with that is that they person that keeps bidding higher has a decent amount of feedback you can tell by the little blue star.

[quote name='M1C13']the only problem I see with that is that they person that keeps bidding higher has a decent amount of feedback you can tell by the little blue star.[/QUOTE]

hehe - funny, I just went to the other thread to get what I posted there and put it here and I see you posted over there as well. Probably the continued discussion should go here as this is going to get interesting. Either these things are going to sell for more than any of us expected, or we get to watch the sham bidding saga unfold as more and more of these get listed.

Here's what I posted in the other thread:

Looks like one bidder retracted their bid and it went back to just $5000 .

Also, the seller cancelled a bid:

Cancelled: US $6,000.00
Explanation: did not reply to message and placing obsurd bids

I wonder if the $5000 bidders did respond and he thinks they are legit (or god forbid, they actually are serious - in which case they deserve to lose that much money :lol:).

The thing is, the current high bidder (at $5000) has been registered for over 3 years and has a 100-499 feedback rating with 97% positive (this is all the info they give you). That is not the usual profile of a troublemaking bidder (they are usually new accounts). It will be interesting to see where this goes and if the sale actually goes through.

--------------------------------

Despite the seemingly legitimate $5000 high bidder, I can't imagine it is real (maybe the account was stolen or the guy just doesn't care - I mean, the only thing that can happen to him is a negative feedback and he's already got a few). Even PS3's weren't selling for THIS much right at launch. What was the highest legitimate PS3 sale, in the $2000-$3000 range, right?

[quote name='io']hehe - funny, I just went to the other thread to get what I posted there and put it here and I see you posted over there as well. Probably the continued discussion should go here as this is going to get interesting. Either these things are going to sell for more than any of us expected, or we get to watch the sham bidding saga unfold as more and more of these get listed.

Here's what I posted in the other thread:

Looks like one bidder retracted their bid and it went back to just $5000 .

Also, the seller cancelled a bid:

Cancelled: US $6,000.00
Explanation: did not reply to message and placing obsurd bids

I wonder if the $5000 bidders did respond and he thinks they are legit (or god forbid, they actually are serious - in which case they deserve to lose that much money :lol:).

The thing is, the current high bidder (at $5000) has been registered for over 3 years and has a 100-499 feedback rating with 97% positive (this is all the info they give you). That is not the usual profile of a troublemaking bidder (they are usually new accounts). It will be interesting to see where this goes and if the sale actually goes through.

--------------------------------

Despite the seemingly legitimate $5000 high bidder, I can't imagine it is real (maybe the account was stolen or the guy just doesn't care - I mean, the only thing that can happen to him is a negative feedback and he's already got a few). Even PS3's weren't selling for THIS much right at launch. What was the highest legitimate PS3 sale, in the $2000-$3000 range, right?[/QUOTE]
maybe he thinks the system is a Limited Edition and that he would get the first one??? If the person is mistaken about that and he/she is rich they might throw a bunch of money away on something like this, I know I wouldn't but have you met some rich people some of them don't know how to tie their shoes, I swear.

[quote name='M1C13']maybe he thinks the system is a Limited Edition and that he would get the first one??? If the person is mistaken about that and he/she is rich they might throw a bunch of money away on something like this, I know I wouldn't but have you met some rich people some of them don't know how to tie their shoes, I swear.[/QUOTE]

I guess, but since it is pretty much the antithesis of what this site is about (and presumably of how most of us here think) it seems a bit incomprehensible :lol:.

OK, now the *interesting* aspect here is to see where people are getting these early. Besides the original Target one, I see two Walmarts and a Kmart. Kmart - very interesting, may have to check that out later.

Also note that many of these auctions have BIN's of $800 - much more reasonable (though still stupid).

i just wish some people weren't:
1) dumb enough for paying x amount of dollars for a system that cost so much
2) so impatient that they couldn't wait til they became more available
3) and so greedy that they just want to scam people...

bread's done
Back