The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

I'm short on cash right now, but this Beowolf deal is just begging to be taken advantage of.
I'll be hitting up the Lansing,MI area BB and BB tomorrow.

[quote name='stoned99']I'm really concerned that your excessive trading is going to bring the heat down on all of us. Last time this kind of abusive trading occurred the DM's for GR pulled the trade history for the stores and started banning people who met the profile, especially when you're trading in the same vicinity as me So Cal. So my 10 trades spread out over 4 stores is suddenly going to stand out. Not like your's, but I bet I'll show in the top 20 traders for that item.

my concerned 2 cents!![/QUOTE]

I think GameRush isn't long for this world anyways, so there's not gonna be many opportunities like this

Dave

East Setauket, NY BB just got cleaned out of their whopping FOUR copies (although this seemed suspiciously low, compared to the 20+ of every other PS3 game; I even burned a $5 RZ credit so it was only $35 + tax. I'll drop by in a day or two to see if they've restocked). Two went to the BB across the street, + 2 Madden '06s, for $95.

Hit the local best buy, got the 3 copies of PS3 Beowulf off the shelf using a $10 coupon on each. Grabbed a 360 version, used a $10 reward zone on it.
$40 flipped over to $143 at Blockbuster.
Blockbuster had a stack of Red Nintendo DS lites and a Guitar Hero 3 for PS2 on the shelf.
Looks like darling step daughter will get a new DS from Step Santa Claus, only costing 40 Beowulf dollars.
Need to get a few more to earn me that wireless guitar.

What would happen if a store when out of business and you had credit left with them? I don't mean a single store either, but the entire chain.

[quote name='stone1061']
Blockbuster had a stack of Red Nintendo DS lites and a Guitar Hero 3 for PS2 on the shelf.
[/quote]
Ahem, before io gets here, was this at a BlockBuster or GameRush store?

[quote name='JolietJake']What would happen if a store when out of business and you had credit left with them? I don't mean a single store either, but the entire chain.[/quote]My guess is SOL. I lost a game rental credit as soon as liquidation started when my local Hollywood Video closed last month.

[quote name='djkunai']Just pickd up another 15 :ps3: copies with the coupon at Best Buy- 10 for me and 5 for the GR manager (who gave me his GC to pick up a few copies for him- turned his $55 into $180 GR credit). I already kunai'ed the 10 I picked up too.

So that was $108 into $360- making $252 and a powerful ally in two hours is definitely worth it me.

[/quote]
I declare shenagins!

How the hell you got someone to let you use 15 coupons? I thought your store gave you extra $5 when you traded and damn 10 copies even between you and your girl who you said helps you trade that's still alot.... You trying to kunai us a fish story? :lol:

I'm gonna try to pick up a couple PS3 versions with the BB coupon then lay low for a bit. I live right near BB and i've got 4 GR/BB stores I usually flip at all very near my everyday travel routes so it's no biggie just 1 more at each. Even though i'd have to spend a little $42 cash into $152 (4 copies) sounds better than $36 GS credit into $76 (2 copies). :D

Kunai'ed two more beowulfs (used 10 dollar coupon again) and got lost Season 3 for $39.99 at a different GR. I noticed they labeled it with the wrong price and were nice enough to honor it :D

Alright time to study for finals... >_

[quote name='abducted vision']Kunai'ed two more beowulfs (used 10 dollar coupon again) and got lost Season 3 for $39.99 at a different GR. I noticed they labeled it with the wrong price and were nice enough to honor it :D

Alright time to study for finals... >_

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Haha, mislabeled it with the price everywhere else is selling it for. That's why no one buys new DVDs at BlockBuster...[/QUOTE]

hahah yeah I know! I used my credit I got from the beowulfs.. so technically I could have bought just 1 beowulf for $9.99, trade it in, and just pay the difference of $5 for Lost. $15 For lost season 3.. you can't beat that!

[quote name='mrhappi79']As I stated earlier my Best Buy only let me use one. I'll try it your way, I'm assuming 15 separate transactions with 15 separate coupons?[/quote]

I don't know how you guys did it, but I just did everything in one transaction (6 Beowulfs). They scanned the games first, and then scanned each coupon right after. I'm not sure it's really necessary to do separate transactions just to use to the coupon.

As for Kunai, I think he's flipping all these copies of Beowulf and cashing out the credit (using Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3, or Wiis) so that he can pay for counseling to help curb his addiction. Either that or he plans on buying a BB/GR one of these days.;)

anyone know of anything else thats halfway decent to flip from gr to gs using the extra 30% trade in? even if it loses a little bit thats ok. ive cleaned out all the used halo 3 from the gr around me!

[quote name='sirplue']what's good to flip from GS to GR? I've got like 60$ in credit to burn. :D[/QUOTE]

I guess people are doing $19.99 for PS3-beowulf to $36 at GR. I couldnt help myself since the time effort was negligible for me. Did 2 copies of each at 2 BB's today. 43->71 (x2) with 1 more run tomorrow isnt too bad. 129->213 isnt too bad, considering like most people here, the GS credit being used to buy the beowulfs are like $0.30 on the dollar. Too much math involved figuring out what the real dollar cost to credit is nowadays.

Turning credit into more credit is just soooo darn exciting. I am hoping to kunai some more beowulfs this week to turn my left over 195 at GS into hopefully 364 at BB/GR (for a total of 587 BB/GR credit). This is chump change compared to IO and kunai. I will be eagerly anticipating the next great deal once this one dies.

Can someone share how the GS HALO 3 deal is working out. I didnt see any coupons in the store today, and only saw the 20% bonus when preordering while they are giving $35 for HALO 3.

[quote name='nakanenui']
Turning credit into more credit is just soooo darn exciting. I am hoping to kunai some more beowulfs this week to turn my left over 195 at GS into hopefully 364 at BB/GR (for a total of 587 BB/GR credit). This is chump change compared to [highlight]IO and kunai[/highlight]. I will be eagerly anticipating the next great deal once this one dies.

Can someone share how the GS HALO 3 deal is working out. I didnt see any coupons in the store today, and only saw the 20% bonus when preordering while they are giving $35 for HALO 3.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't lump me in with him! I'm not even in his league. Hell, I'm not even playing the same game ;). I only have about $250 in BB credit right now, actually. I'll detail my exploits of tonight in a bit. It will be good to write it all down to see if it was worth it. (Note it will be nothing like djkunai's experience).

Mr DJKunaii, I was wondering, and I'm sure I'm not alone, but is Kunaiing what you do full time? I mean you seem to spend so much time doing it I can't imagine you having time to do anything else. :)

My god this is madness... I thought I was pushing it and felt like I was really ripping off bb/gr and bestbuy using one coupon... guess I might as well join in the bloodbath and buy out best buy tomorrow. BTW Stone I feel you man but a concerned post is just not gonna stop anyone from going for this much free money (store credit, whatever) without having to face any real negative legal consequence. Gamerush has terrible selection near me anyway (charlotte university area). I'll prolly just flip out again for GS cred.

Ok, here's my deal (skip to the bolded part below for the summary!)...

I'll start with having some BB credit to burn (I'm not going to go back to figure out how much that cost me, but on average it is about 40% of cost).

Last week I bought 2 Halo 3's and traded them in at EB/GS for $44.80 apiece. Over the weekend I bought 2 Beowulfs for $17.99 from GS and traded one at my local Blockbuster for $35 and one at Gamecrazy for $35.

So to this point, I've turned $89.98 of BB credit into $53.62 of EB/GS credit, $35 more of BB credit, and $35 of GC credit.

That leads me to tonight. I left around 6pm to head out to the closest GS. I could have picked up my 3rd Halo 3 from the local BB (1/2 mile from my house) but the last 2 they had were pretty scratched up so I passed. So I had nothing to trade at the GS but I did pick up a new copy of Devil Summoner (gutted, unfortunately) and a 360 Beowulf for $17.99 each after coupon. I then went to Best Buy where I bought 2 PS3 copies of Beowulf for $9.99 apiece. They only had 1 or 2 more so I couldn't have bought 15 even if I had wanted to :lol:.

Then I had to take a HUGE detour (like completely the opposite way around the city) because traffic looked bad the way I wanted to go. This led me to a hidden gem of a Blockbuster that I had never traded at before. For the first time in a long time I signed up for a new trade agreement and traded in 1 PS3 and 1 360 Beowulf for $71 total and bought another Halo 3 for $44.99 along with, get this, a Wii Points card! They also had Wii controllers. I couldn't believe it. The even had a Guitar Hero III, but I think for PS2 only. Some other new games; Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, Lego Star Wars CT for PS3. Note this is NOT a GR store, which is why I call it a BLOCKBUSTER.

Then I hit up a CC ALL the way across town and got 6 clearance items (thus was able to use the $15 off $100 coupon). This has nothing to do with the flipping, just thought I'd mention I accomplished other things too ;).

Finally I get to another EB store and am able to trade in that Halo 3 for $49 this time (since the base went back up to $35 from the $32 it was last week). I also buy another Beowulf for $17.99 and a new, sealed, Touch Detective 2 1/2 for $19.99 (for some reason I didn't get the 10% coupon discount applied on it :cry:).

So now I have one more set of 360/PS3 Beowulfs. I head to yet another Blockbuster I have never traded at before (which also sells new games - it appears nearly all of them do but my local one!). I trade those in for another $71 and buy 2 nearly mint copies of Halo 3 (they had 6 or 7).

I high-tailed it over to the Mall on the hope that they were open till 10 this time of year and was right - made it into the Software Etc at around 9:55. I trade one of the Halo 3's in for another $49 and leave.

So, all told, I spent 4 1/2 hours (including drive time home) driving about 50 miles (used the little car so less than 2 gallons of gas for that). Note that I also made the CC trip and went to 2 other stores for unrelated shopping for about 45 minutes of that time. I still have a Halo 3 to take to GS and I may try bringing it in to the closest one (8 miles away) tomorrow evening and also take the boys out to dinner at the same time, so I won't count any further gas/time for that ;).

As of right now I have taken that initial $89.98 of Blockbuster credit (at an original cost of about $36) along with a $20 investment in Best Buy Beowulfs and turned that into the following:

- $35 credit at Gamecrazy
- A Wii Points card
- Shin Megami Devil Summoner
- Touch Detective 2 1/2
- $77.66 in EB/GS credit
- A mint used Halo 3 (which I hope to turn into $49 more at GS)
- and, last, and certainly least, $22.04 more in BB credit

[Edit - oops, made a mistake the first time...] See, this is why I wanted to write it out - it is kind of cool I ended up with just about $68 less in BB credit for all the stuff I got. So, really, my only expense was the $68 of credit at Blockbuster (obtained at an average price of about $27), $20 of real money at Best Buy, the gas (about $5) and my time (worthless ;)) and I ended up with $112 in credit (will be $161 if I get that Halo 3 in to GS tomorrow) at more useful places, a Wii points card, and 2 new $20 games.

For whoever it was who asked about the time commitment, it certainly is an issue. But it isn't like I'd be making money during that time. I would have been at home either messing around here on CAG, watching TV, or spending time with my family. Since I'd probably do all 3, and 2 of those 3 are worthless, it wasn't a big loss and certainly worth what I got out of it...

So in total I have traded 4 360 and 2 PS3 Beowulfs in (5 to BB and 1 to GC). That is really about as much as I can take, though perhaps I'll pick up one more set when I go to GS tomorrow (stopping at Best Buy on the way) as I should have all weekend to get those traded. I'd like to see djkunai's final numbers ;). If I wanted I could do this endlessly as well as there 4 or 5 other Blockbusters I have trade accounts set up at that I haven't visited in months and a few others I've never gone to - all within a 30 mile radius or so.

It was nice at these 2 new ones, though, as they had no issue whatsoever with accepting the 1 360 and 1 PS3 copy. They didn't even ask me about why I was doing that. It was nice... At the first store they said they rarely get any trades at all. At my local store they are always giving me funny looks when I come in to trade. , So I think I'll just stick with trading mostly at the outlying stores and continue to use the local store for the free Coke Rewards rentals!

In terms of basic profit, though, the $9.99 Best Buy PS3 Beowulf -> $36 in BB credit ranks up there as one of the all-time greats. It is hard to restrain myself from doing more than a few of those!

[quote name='Agrippan']Ahem, before io gets here, was this at a BlockBuster or GameRush store?[/quote]
Blockbuster store, no gamerushes here in Jersey, that i know of anyway.

[quote name='stone1061']Blockbuster store, no gamerushes here in Jersey, that i know of anyway.[/quote]

Really, I didn't know they had DS's at BB locations that didn't have GR stores. That should be good news for any NJ CAGs at least.

[quote name='mrhappi79']Mr DJKunaii, I was wondering, and I'm sure I'm not alone, but is Kunaiing what you do full time? I mean you seem to spend so much time doing it I can't imagine you having time to do anything else. :)[/quote]
I'm a college student, and I work at Starbucks in the morning (4:30-7:00am), which gives me a lot of time to CAG between work and school.

I live in the San Fernando Valley (the northern part of Los Angeles), so there are plenty of stores around me to go to, including 6 GameRushes (and another 6 Blockbusters without a GR), 3 Best Buys (they're building another one too), 3 Circuit Cities, 1 Fry's, 2 Wal-Marts (we defeated a proposed new one, we're getting Best Buy instead), 5 Targets, and 5 GameStops. And that's all within a 10 mile radius from my house.

If I need to bounce around to get a good kunai in, it takes me 2 hours from start to finish to hit up about 8 different stores. Looking at my receipts, it took me 1 hour to get from the first Best Buy, to the second Best Buy, and all the way up to the third (and the Best Buys are all the furthest out from me in all three directions- east, west and north).

Nobody can do what I do how I do it but me.

[quote name='djkunai']I'm a college student, and I work at Starbucks in the morning (4:30-7:00am), which gives me a lot of time to CAG between work and school.

I live in the San Fernando Valley (the northern part of Los Angeles), so there are plenty of stores around me to go to, including 6 GameRushes (and another 6 Blockbusters without a GR), 3 Best Buys (they're building another one too), 3 Circuit Cities, 1 Fry's, 2 Wal-Marts (we defeated a proposed new one, we're getting Best Buy instead), 5 Targets, and 5 GameStops. And that's all within a 10 mile radius from my house.

If I need to bounce around to get a good kunai in, it takes me 2 hours from start to finish to hit up about 8 different stores. Looking at my receipts, it took me 1 hour to get from the first Best Buy, to the second Best Buy, and all the way up to the third (and the Best Buys are all the furthest out from me in all three directions- east, west and north).

Nobody can do what I do how I do it but me.[/quote]

WTF is the point of this post? Bragging rights? LOL

[quote name='XxSmityxX']WTF is the point of this post? Bragging rights? LOL[/quote]

Cause somebody asked him how he had time to do all of this. Try reading more than just the most current post.

[quote name='Warner1281']Cause somebody asked him how he had time to do all of this. Try reading more than just the most current post.[/QUOTE]

Owned.

[quote name='io']Ok, here's my deal (skip to the bolded part below for the summary!)...

I'll start with having some BB credit to burn (I'm not going to go back to figure out how much that cost me, but on average it is about 40% of cost).

Last week I bought 2 Halo 3's and traded them in at EB/GS for $44.80 apiece. Over the weekend I bought 2 Beowulfs for $17.99 from GS and traded one at my local Blockbuster for $35 and one at Gamecrazy for $35.

So to this point, I've turned $89.98 of BB credit into $53.62 of EB/GS credit, $35 more of BB credit, and $35 of GC credit.

That leads me to tonight. I left around 6pm to head out to the closest GS. I could have picked up my 3rd Halo 3 from the local BB (1/2 mile from my house) but the last 2 they had were pretty scratched up so I passed. So I had nothing to trade at the GS but I did pick up a new copy of Devil Summoner (gutted, unfortunately) and a 360 Beowulf for $17.99 each after coupon. I then went to Best Buy where I bought 2 PS3 copies of Beowulf for $9.99 apiece. They only had 1 or 2 more so I couldn't have bought 15 even if I had wanted to :lol:.

Then I had to take a HUGE detour (like completely the opposite way around the city) because traffic looked bad the way I wanted to go. This led me to a hidden gem of a Blockbuster that I had never traded at before. For the first time in a long time I signed up for a new trade agreement and traded in 1 PS3 and 1 360 Beowulf for $71 total and bought another Halo 3 for $44.99 along with, get this, a Wii Points card! They also had Wii controllers. I couldn't believe it. The even had a Guitar Hero III, but I think for PS2 only. Some other new games; Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, Lego Star Wars CT for PS3. Note this is NOT a GR store, which is why I call it a BLOCKBUSTER.

Then I hit up a CC ALL the way across town and got 6 clearance items (thus was able to use the $15 off $100 coupon). This has nothing to do with the flipping, just thought I'd mention I accomplished other things too ;).

Finally I get to another EB store and am able to trade in that Halo 3 for $49 this time (since the base went back up to $35 from the $32 it was last week). I also buy another Beowulf for $17.99 and a new, sealed, Touch Detective 2 1/2 for $19.99 (for some reason I didn't get the 10% coupon discount applied on it :cry:).

So now I have one more set of 360/PS3 Beowulfs. I head to yet another Blockbuster I have never traded at before (which also sells new games - it appears nearly all of them do but my local one!). I trade those in for another $71 and buy 2 nearly mint copies of Halo 3 (they had 6 or 7).

I high-tailed it over to the Mall on the hope that they were open till 10 this time of year and was right - made it into the Software Etc at around 9:55. I trade one of the Halo 3's in for another $49 and leave.

So, all told, I spent 4 1/2 hours (including drive time home) driving about 50 miles (used the little car so less than 2 gallons of gas for that). Note that I also made the CC trip and went to 2 other stores for unrelated shopping for about 45 minutes of that time. I still have a Halo 3 to take to GS and I may try bringing it in to the closest one (8 miles away) tomorrow evening and also take the boys out to dinner at the same time, so I won't count any further gas/time for that ;).

As of right now I have taken that initial $89.98 of Blockbuster credit (at an original cost of about $36) along with a $20 investment in Best Buy Beowulfs and turned that into the following:

- $35 credit at Gamecrazy
- A Wii Points card
- Shin Megami Devil Summoner
- Touch Detective 2 1/2
- $77.66 in EB/GS credit
- A mint used Halo 3 (which I hope to turn into $49 more at GS)
- and, last, and certainly least, $22.04 more in BB credit

[Edit - oops, made a mistake the first time...] See, this is why I wanted to write it out - it is kind of cool I ended up with just about $68 less in BB credit for all the stuff I got. So, really, my only expense was the $68 of credit at Blockbuster (obtained at an average price of about $27), $20 of real money at Best Buy, the gas (about $5) and my time (worthless ;)) and I ended up with $112 in credit (will be $161 if I get that Halo 3 in to GS tomorrow) at more useful places, a Wii points card, and 2 new $20 games.

For whoever it was who asked about the time commitment, it certainly is an issue. But it isn't like I'd be making money during that time. I would have been at home either messing around here on CAG, watching TV, or spending time with my family. Since I'd probably do all 3, and 2 of those 3 are worthless, it wasn't a big loss and certainly worth what I got out of it...

So in total I have traded 4 360 and 2 PS3 Beowulfs in (5 to BB and 1 to GC). That is really about as much as I can take, though perhaps I'll pick up one more set when I go to GS tomorrow (stopping at Best Buy on the way) as I should have all weekend to get those traded. I'd like to see djkunai's final numbers ;). If I wanted I could do this endlessly as well as there 4 or 5 other Blockbusters I have trade accounts set up at that I haven't visited in months and a few others I've never gone to - all within a 30 mile radius or so.

It was nice at these 2 new ones, though, as they had no issue whatsoever with accepting the 1 360 and 1 PS3 copy. They didn't even ask me about why I was doing that. It was nice... At the first store they said they rarely get any trades at all. At my local store they are always giving me funny looks when I come in to trade. , So I think I'll just stick with trading mostly at the outlying stores and continue to use the local store for the free Coke Rewards rentals!

In terms of basic profit, though, the $9.99 Best Buy PS3 Beowulf -> $36 in BB credit ranks up there as one of the all-time greats. It is hard to restrain myself from doing more than a few of those![/quote]

IO, it looks like you're back in the BB/GR game. I just expanded my trade circle as well to a new BB, but what a fiasco that was as it was the DM who had to help set it all up, and he was a suspicious MF, especially when he saw my 300$ in ValueCard credit. And that was on my second attempt to trade there as the drones could not figure out how to setup a trade account. Hopefully djkunai can contain himself and not bring the wrath of BB corporate down on the rest of us. I think 2-3 copies of any one game at any 1 store is fairplay, beyond that it's just rolling the dice towards the inevitable.

Pulled a Beowolf today with the $10 off at BestBuy (I always get nervous they're gonne reject it when those coupons give them trouble) and it took the lady at BB FOREVER to set up a trade account for me because I don't have one at school where I'm at right now. The computer kept rejecting all this info and stuff, so I was starting to feel bad because there was a line of customers. But in the end, I got my $36 for $10 so I was happy.
And here's some quotes if anyones interested:
VF5 ps3 -- $16
Clive Barker's Jericho ps3 -- Not in their system, strangely

[quote name='Warner1281']Cause somebody asked him how he had time to do all of this. Try reading more than just the most current post.[/quote]

Sorry, I saw that AFTER I posted.

why dont you get his dick out of YOUR ass and let him reply back?

[quote name='djkunai']I'm a college student, and I work at Starbucks in the morning (4:30-7:00am), which gives me a lot of time to CAG between work and school.

Nobody can do what I do how I do it but me.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the time you do, but can rival your store line-up. Within 5-10 miles of my apt., I have 3 targets, 3 best buys, 2 circuit city's, 1 fry's, 3 walmarts, 7 or 8 Gamestops/EB's, and around a dozen blockbusters, some with GR's, some without. I usually only 'kunai' if it's going to at least double my money. This year, I think I've done it three times. With a total of about 8 hours of running around, I've turned roughly $300 spent into $1200 in Gamerush credit, which has bought me a 360, 2 DS lites and a whole bunch of games. I never would've thought to do this if it wasn't for these threads, so thanks to djkunai and everyone else who participates.

Did some major Kunaiing today.

Grabbed 3 Beo's from BBuy, headed to BBuster #1. Traded 'em along with 2x Madden '06 for $95 credit, used that with some previous credit to get Halo 3 x2, Wii Points Card x3, and a $50 GC for my Uncle for the holidays.

UPDATE: They had a stack of Black-and-Red DS Lites! Additionally, I recieved a $5 GC for purchasing the $50 GC!

Headed to the next one, traded the same 2x Beo and 2x Madden '06. Got another $94, bought two XBL 1600 point cards.

Went to GameCrazy across the street, and...

UPDATE: According to one of my friends who works at GC, a letter went out from corporate, at least DISTRICT, possibly CHAIN-WIDE that all stores must match trade-in prices.

Got $44 for a PS3 Beo and a Madden '06 @ GC.

Now I'm out of things to trade in! Except for those two Halo 3's... >:)

well, after 2 straight days of kunaiing Beowulf, I ended up with a 80gb PS3 for $70 out of pocket at GS

there are no beowulf's left to be had at any Bestbuy in Chattanooga

[quote name='arthurRWD']well, after 2 straight days of kunaiing Beowulf, I ended up with a 80gb PS3 for $70 out of pocket at GS

there are no beowulf's left to be had at any Bestbuy in Chattanooga[/quote]

Nice! Congrats!

I'm thinking of doing the same ;D

Or maybe an army of DS Lites...hmm...

UPDATE! Team FDOU's at the GameRush by my dad (now has GC in hard)! No elites though, but it'll be a Pro. I'll probaly skin it anyway.

$540 credit for a:

360 Pro $350
12-month LIVE $50
Dead Rising $25

$425 + 7% tax = 459 + $20 shipping; $80 in credit left over

Anything noteworthy to get him to buy, or should he just ship me the balance? GR's prices seem a little on the high side...

I was able to convert some of my credit into cash at BlockBuster. I was returning a DVD box set (had an extra Lost Box set) that I bought with my store credit and the assistant manager told me that they CAN'T give back credit... only cash. wtf? can someone comfirm this? He just asked me why i was returning it and I just said I found a better deal. handed him the receipt and gave me cash :D Perhaps this is a way to convert to cash? YMMV?

also picked up mass effect, cod4, and beautiful katamari. going to see if I can kunai some more today.

I'm curious, for those than kunai heavily, are your BB/GR busy? It seems at my local BB/GR it would be suspicious if I was to flip 1 game a day, they even denied me awhile back for Happy Feet because I had already traded it in a few days ago...

Maybe its San Gabriel Valley Area.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']UPDATE! Team FDOU's at the GameRush by my dad (now has GC in hard)! No elites though, but it'll be a Pro. I'll probaly skin it anyway.

$540 credit for a:

360 Pro $350
12-month LIVE $50
Dead Rising $25

$425 + 7% tax = 459 + $20 shipping; $80 in credit left over

Anything noteworthy to get him to buy, or should he just ship me the balance? GR's prices seem a little on the high side...[/quote]
What city did your father buy this in?

And yeah, GR's prices are kind of high.

also, I had a question to those who have tried; i did a search and found nothing

I'm thinking about trading in my free copy of Motorstorm, NOT FOR RESALE is plastered all over it. Will BB take this for trade? Or should I try a manual/disk only type trade?

[quote name='arthurRWD']also, I had a question to those who have tried; i did a search and found nothing

I'm thinking about trading in my free copy of Motorstorm, NOT FOR RESALE is plastered all over it. Will BB take this for trade? Or should I try a manual/disk only type trade?[/quote]

Take the coverart out and replace it with the manual. Then trade it in and make them look it up.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']Sorry, I saw that AFTER I posted.

why dont you get his dick out of YOUR ass and let him reply back?[/quote]

Why should he reply back when the answer to the question was a handful posts about yours? I simply pointed it out to you. So get the stick out of your ass and deal with the fact that you should read BEFORE asking a question.

[quote name='arthurRWD']also, I had a question to those who have tried; i did a search and found nothing

I'm thinking about trading in my free copy of Motorstorm, NOT FOR RESALE is plastered all over it. Will BB take this for trade? Or should I try a manual/disk only type trade?[/QUOTE]

Like he said, yeah just take out the cover. However, one of my local stores refuses to take games without cover art, so if that happens, just go to a different location.

[quote name='elmyra']What city did your father buy this in?

And yeah, GR's prices are kind of high.[/quote]

He didn't buy it yet (tonight supposedly), but the guy told me over the phone that the one he put aside for me had TEAM FDOU on it. ^_^

They had a few more Pros and Arcades too.

[quote name='mkernan']Like he said, yeah just take out the cover. However, one of my local stores refuses to take games without cover art, so if that happens, just go to a different location.[/quote]

Or print one from the Video Game Covers Project.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I'm curious, for those than kunai heavily, are your BB/GR busy? It seems at my local BB/GR it would be suspicious if I was to flip 1 game a day, they even denied me awhile back for Happy Feet because I had already traded it in a few days ago...

Maybe its San Gabriel Valley Area.[/quote]

Mine are typically empty at lunch when I go in.

So for those of you with credit to burn, you can convert 50 into 55 by buying gift cards. They have a +5$ for every gift card purchased. Don't tell them you're using Value Card credit first though, as they may balk at converting the credit, and don't try to buy more than 2 at a time, as that is sure to make the clerk nervous.

I know this borders on highly immoral but one can theoretically continue to flip between GS and GR/BB almost infintely. Of course, this can only last as long as the extra 30% coupon (which means tomorrow).

1.Start at Best Buy and buy some Beowulf's for $10.
2.Kunai Beowulfs GR/BB and purchase Halo 3.
3.Trade Halo 3s to GS and purchase either Beowulf, Darkness, Hour of Victory, or Madden 06.
4.Kunai those games to GR/BB and repeat by purchasing Halo 3.

Another limiting factor would also be the amount of Halo 3 available.

I've managed to Kunai 6 copies of Beowulf today, and hope to Kunai 3 more tomorrow which should leave me with about $340 in GS credit (after Halo 3 flip). The question that's really bugging is whether I should sit contently with my more valuable GS credit or convert it back into more (but less valuable) GR/BB credit. Theoretically, if I used $340 in GS credit to buy a ton of Beowulfs (assuming I could both find that many and Kunai the game again to local GR/BBs), I would end up with $612 in GR/BB credit.
Decisions, decisions, decisions.:whistle2:k

*I also forgot to mention that such a flip would basically turn $94 into $612, a more than %600 increase. This is quite possibly the most exploitable flip since the days of trade 3 get any used for $5.

Just kunaied 5x :ps3: Beowulf. Ended up with $180 split over 3 gift/value cards. Still have to kunai 3 more copies. Will end up with $288 in gift/value cards once I trade these 8. And still need about 4 more copies to get my 40g PS3 :D

Hopefully I can find some more :ps3: Beowulfs but I cleaned out Riverside, and both Moreno Valley CA BestBuys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back