The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']I work at BB and when someone traded in 2 Beowulfs i called them out on it, but still took them.[/QUOTE]

GOOD JOB. You did a great job... you should buy some CAG's and ask your friends trade-in for you :)

No one is running that 20w rental card with purchase of a PS3 system in my area. I called both GameRush stores near me and they only have the crappy PS3 bundle.

80GB PS3
Surf's Up (BR)
DVD Remote
20w Rental Card
$599

I'm PS3 gameless right now :cry:

[quote name='stoned99']Where are you located ?[/QUOTE]

I live in Ohio but I'm down in North Florida visiting in-laws.

Went to go find another store down here to try and trade in this Monster Madness.

Finally I found a BB store that accepted the trade after 30 minutes of calling other stores and checking account numbers. The manager again explained that they had trouble with "that game." He told me 2 people were the main culprits, one person alone traded in 24 MM games over the last 3 days to various stores in the area using different accounts and one other person traded over half that number using one account. He didn't mention anything about a third person.

Anyways he took the trade and told me that one person could only trade in maximum of 2 games of the same title per day to the "blockbuster corporation" regardless of how many stores you go to or however many accounts you use/borrow.

I stopped by that CC on my way back home and grabbed one of the returned copies of MM to trade in. This time I tried to trade it was even more of an ordeal. The manager of this store called the previous one I was at and talked to that manager who now said that I could only trade in one title of the same type per day. After telling the manager there about the trade agreement and finally reading it to her she said "oh" and by this time I didn't want to deal with trading anymore so I said screw it I don't need to trade this in. As I was leaving she said my account is fine but she said that she and the other manager were contacting their corporate DM about the game issue and company trade-ins so that "this wouldn't happen again."

Amazing how some people know how to ruin a good thing, I'm just glad I live down here and don't have to compete with these greedy CAG's all the time.

Credit at Gamestop is $150, more than halfway to a Wii, (do i really 'need' one)
Figure i'll breakdown and take the $6 hit and trade in two more Halo 3's.
Stop at a Blockbuster that I knew had Halo in stock.
Bring two copies up to register. Told the guy i wanted to use value card credit. He asked how much I had on it, told him $130.
HE told me to buy two $50 gift cards, giving me a bonus $10, then use the $50 gift cards to pay for games.
Thanks. I'm nominating him for Employee of the Month.
So I actually got two copies at $43 a piece. Now only down to a $1 hit at gamestop. I'll be up to $236 at gamestop credit.
NICE

Also, one copy had no manual, so I asked them to get one from a different copy. That used copy for sale had a manual but a copy of Halo 1 game in it.
DOH!

Well. I'm off tomorrow to see if I can find 3 more copies of mm; plan to trade 2 at one location and 1 at another. I assume only a minority of you have had trouble trading them at different locations on the same day (w/ 2 or less copies flipped at each location). Wish me luck...

Edit: Just a quick question: after you trade-in 2 copies of the same game at one location and then bring a third to a different one (all GR), is there some sort of automatic system notification bringing your recent trade history to an employees attention (via computer) and a warning that they can't accept the trade, or is the policy entirely dependent on the employee's observation and what they may have or have not been trained to do? And can they even see a recent transaction from a seperate location?

[quote name='nietzsche74'] And can they even see a recent transaction from a seperate location?[/quote]

all trade transactions are listed on your account regarless of the store.

im happy that gs took 2 copies of my halo 3s. now only 2 more to sell and ill be at $260 in gs credit. ps3 im almost there.

[quote name='sp00ge']My Blockbuster has a used copy for 9.99, so I'd say they aren't worth much TIV.

On a side note, my BB shockingly has a copy of The Guy Game (PS2) for $6.99. I know it's rare, but how rare? Anyone know?[/quote]

NEW ONE FOR THE WIKI:

XBLA Unplugged for the 360 gets $6

Considering it clearanced new at 10 I figured it would sell used for less and wouldn't even get that much in TIV.
Pay 4 get 6 in credit and an extra month on my live account. Not too bad. It's worth doing a couple times, I guess.

Phone quote I got for Blitz (19) and Jaws Unleashed (16) were indeed correct.

[quote name='jdawgg76']NEW ONE FOR THE WIKI:

XBLA Unplugged for the 360 gets $6

Considering it clearanced new at 10 I figured it would sell used for less and wouldn't even get that much in TIV.
Pay 4 get 6 in credit and an extra month on my live account. Not too bad. It's worth doing a couple times, I guess.

Phone quote I got for Blitz (19) and Jaws Unleashed (16) were indeed correct.[/quote]

Where is this $4?

[quote name='djkunai']Also, in regards to this, Sears actually PM's online offers (including shipping in the total cost). I'm going to mess around with CC online and get Monster Madness in my cart (tee hee hee) and PM later today. Even PMing it to $10.77 will get me to about $7 after 110%.[/quote]

The only way my Sears would agree to pm my two copies of MM was by verifying the price on the internet.

Buying employees candy? I might try that, especially for the ladies :)

Anyway I found a BB that actually has a GH III 360 bundle left over, going to get my store cred on a giftcard from another location and buy that thing and hopefully I can sell it on Craig's List this weekend.

Do you guys think that finding a few 60gb PS3s @ 499.99 is warm at all? I know they've been out of production, and I really want a 40gb, but considering the credit that we've been able to rack up it's getting more attractive.

Enjoy the wireless of the 60GB if nothing else, even if you have no interest in playing PS 1/2 games.

The backwards compatible models will hold their value well years from now assuming they continue to drop the emotion engine from all of their new PS3 models in production.

[quote name='creeeaature']If anyone was getting shit from sears for PMing monster madness, show them this.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_CSpricematch?adCell=AF

CLEARLY states they will pricematch local retailers online prices. I went in yesterday and was denied a pricematch on MM despite CC having copies in stock online. Pissed me off to all hell, they didn't even know their own PM policy. I'm going tommorow morning to give them hell.[/QUOTE]

I was semi-denied at Sears trying to PM Monster Madness. After several employees toiled and made up different interpetations of the ad, they finally said that since Sears sells it for $49.99 and CC sells it for $39.99, the only thing they could do is PM it to $39.99 with the 10% difference.

'twas an incredible experience.

[quote name='JDMxB']Do you guys think that finding a few 60gb PS3s @ 499.99 is warm at all? I know they've been out of production, and I really want a 40gb, but considering the credit that we've been able to rack up it's getting more attractive.[/QUOTE]

I'd take the 60 GB over the 40 GB in a heartbeat. I never owned a PS2, so now I get to enjoy the huge back catalog of titles I've missed. Even if you do have a PS2, you can pretty much get rid of it if you get the 60 GB PS3.

I decided to cash in a little of my credit at BB. I found a decent condition copy of Graffiti Kingdom $9.99, near mint Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) $9.99, and picked up the copy of Wartech Senko No Ronde I traded in for $12 last week for $6.99. :D

Graffiti Kingdom is missing the manual, but I'm gonna go up tomorrow before work and see if the manager I'm friends with can find it.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']all trade transactions are listed on your account regarless of the store.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? I always thought this was NOT the case - each store has it's own history and they need to contact corporate to get any sort of system-wide info (or even your account history past 3 months at their own store).

I certainly have never come up against this before - except for possibly that one time last week when I was getting rid of my last Beowulf and the guy went in the back "to do something" for a while. But then he took the trade no problem.

I'm just wondering because my online shipment from CC just got here today (VERY fast compared to their Black Friday shipment which took 2-3 weeks). So I thought I only had one more MM to get rid of - now I have 5 more :lol:.

I went to the best BB near me for finding new stuff at (the only one I know of that sells Wii remotes and points cards in addition to a handful of new games). I noticed they had a Wii Guitar Hero III for sale (along with a PS2 one - no 360). I was very tempted, but even $89.99 in BB credit seems too much for this game (to me - I'm just not into it). I just wish I was able to get more Gamecrazys to follow their own trade-in price match guarantee. I really don't need to take any more of these things to Blockbuster (don't need more credit).

Anyway, on the plus side, I was able to trade a MM and Call of Juarez and get the balance posted to the account and then a $50 scratch-n-sniff gift card generated (with $5 bonus card) with the balance coming from my value card. Nice. So that effectively made the CoJ trade $20 which is worth it ($15 is not so much).

judging from my experiance when i traded in 4 copies at one BB they could only see that i traded in 2 a couple days back, they couldn't or didn't see that i had traded in 2 copies at another game rush about 5 hours earlier. plus each BB i go to they make me sign a new trade agreement because i've never traded at their store before. take that for what its worth

I'm also pretty certain that Slim Gatsby is wrong. I was just in a GameRush trading MM yesterday and the guy looked up my history while we were talking, but he could only see my trades back to October. If he could see my trades at other stores, he surely would have commented on the several other MMs that I've traded elsewhere. ;)

[quote name='elmyra']I'm also pretty certain that Slim Gatsby is wrong. I was just in a GameRush trading MM yesterday and the guy looked up my history while we were talking, but he could only see my trades back to October. If he could see my trades at other stores, he surely would have commented on the several other MMs that I've traded elsewhere. ;)[/quote]

Well, I know this for a fact. Stores have pulled up my history from other stores while I've been there and commented on it. Its probably YMMV, but the fact is they can do it. It was also a non-GR BB.

Excuse me for being helpful. :roll:

Anyone have any ideas how to get games pricematched at walmart?

Seems like everytime im there an employee is putting there own spin on there policy trying to get out of matching.
example..monster madness I was told 'we dont price match percentages' .

I try explaining that percentages stands for no price matching a percentage ONLY. Like all games 10% off I cant get anygame I want 10% off.

This particular game is 7.99 with a bragging advertisement that the games are up to 80% off. This is clear isnt it?
Am I wrong?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Well, I know this for a fact. Stores have pulled up my history from other stores while I've been there and commented on it. Its probably YMMV, but the fact is they can do it. It was also a non-GR BB.

Excuse me for being helpful. :roll:[/quote]

This is not true. The stores are not connected and each store has its own database. Trust me, I know ;)

[quote name='JaysonR']This is not true. The stores are not connected and each store has its own database. Trust me, I know ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is why bannings and warnings (or so it seems from the stories here) are usually preceeded by a manager calling around to nearby stores. If they knew what was up on your account at the other stores they wouldn't need to do this.

[quote name='Skelah']Anyone have any ideas how to get games pricematched at walmart?

Seems like everytime im there an employee is putting there own spin on there policy trying to get out of matching.

I try explaining that percentages stands for no price matching a percentage ONLY. Like all games 10% off I cant get anygame I want 10% off.

This particular game is 7.99 with a bragging advertisement that the games are up to 80% off. This is clear isnt it?
Am I wrong?[/quote]
I went last night and got 3 MM's pricematched with no problem. I guess whoever you had doesnt understand the concept of advertisements. As you said, the ad states $7.99, with the "bragging" of up to 80% off. Unfortunately ever since Walmart got rid of its requirement of a Bachelors Degree for all employees, customer service, and overall knowledge has gone down.

All my local stores were out of used copies of Halo 3 (except for one which I bought and traded to GS a couple days ago). Luckily, I'm in GA visiting the in-laws and found a copy at their local store which I also used to move credit to GS. Should be good and ready for the GS b2g1 used sale on the 26th now. By the way, GS opens at 7am on the 26th, so get up early if you want the best selection of used stuff (or buy on the 24th, return, rebuy on 26th).

Anybody else seen Amazon gift cards or iPods poppin' up yet? I think I may have overheard some Blockbuster employees talking about iPods when I was there yesterday, but was in a hurry and didn't ask or look around much.

I just learned that a PS3 version of Monster Madness is in the works, so looks like we may have another MM flipping opportunity later in 2008 when the game bombs and drops in price. =)

[quote name='phear3d']how much does monster madness trade for at BB/GR?[/QUOTE]

The jerk in me wants to say "read the thread". But that's a pain in the butt sometimes; its $28.50.

[quote name='io']Yeah, this is why bannings and warnings (or so it seems from the stories here) are usually preceeded by a manager calling around to nearby stores. If they knew what was up on your account at the other stores they wouldn't need to do this.[/quote]

To add to this, I was at a BB on Wednesday that had to call another store because there was a hold on my account. It ended up being a late fee that the other store never removed. They removed the amount, but not the hold on my account. Every other BB didn't mention this hold. Furthurmore, they needed to call the store to clarify the reason for the hold.

[quote name='mkernan']All my local stores were out of used copies of Halo 3 (except for one which I bought and traded to GS a couple days ago). Luckily, I'm in GA visiting the in-laws and found a copy at their local store which I also used to move credit to GS. Should be good and ready for the GS b2g1 used sale on the 26th now. By the way, GS opens at 7am on the 26th, so get up early if you want the best selection of used stuff (or buy on the 24th, return, rebuy on 26th).

Anybody else seen Amazon gift cards or iPods poppin' up yet? I think I may have overheard some Blockbuster employees talking about iPods when I was there yesterday, but was in a hurry and didn't ask or look around much.

I just learned that a PS3 version of Monster Madness is in the works, so looks like we may have another MM flipping opportunity later in 2008 when the game bombs and drops in price. =)[/quote]

The stores I frequent are beginning to carry ipod/itunes how to guides, but that is about it. Carrying ipods doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They could be a direct competitor if apple ever starts offering movie downloads from itunes.

[quote name='paddlefoot']The stores I frequent are beginning to carry ipod/itunes how to guides, but that is about it. Carrying ipods doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They could be a direct competitor if apple ever starts offering movie downloads from itunes.[/QUOTE]

Apple *does* offer movie downloads from iTunes, and has for quite a while.

[quote name='io']Yeah, this is why bannings and warnings (or so it seems from the stories here) are usually preceeded by a manager calling around to nearby stores. If they knew what was up on your account at the other stores they wouldn't need to do this.[/quote]

They can pull up the other stores info, by doing a name search and importing that account. If you've ever gone to a new BB, and asked them to look you up, they initially do this step, in my case I have two accounts from 2 different stores so it always causes confusion. Especially when I forget which card I'm associated under for a particular store. This often results in me being told my account is not a 'TRADE' account.

I don't think they see you're history however, so no worries.

[quote name='io']Are you sure about this? I always thought this was NOT the case - each store has it's own history and they need to contact corporate to get any sort of system-wide info (or even your account history past 3 months at their own store).

I certainly have never come up against this before - except for possibly that one time last week when I was getting rid of my last Beowulf and the guy went in the back "to do something" for a while. But then he took the trade no problem.

I'm just wondering because my online shipment from CC just got here today (VERY fast compared to their Black Friday shipment which took 2-3 weeks). So I thought I only had one more MM to get rid of - now I have 5 more :lol:.

I went to the best BB near me for finding new stuff at (the only one I know of that sells Wii remotes and points cards in addition to a handful of new games). I noticed they had a Wii Guitar Hero III for sale (along with a PS2 one - no 360). I was very tempted, but even $89.99 in BB credit seems too much for this game (to me - I'm just not into it). I just wish I was able to get more Gamecrazys to follow their own trade-in price match guarantee. I really don't need to take any more of these things to Blockbuster (don't need more credit).

Anyway, on the plus side, I was able to trade a MM and Call of Juarez and get the balance posted to the account and then a $50 scratch-n-sniff gift card generated (with $5 bonus card) with the balance coming from my value card. Nice. So that effectively made the CoJ trade $20 which is worth it ($15 is not so much).[/quote]

You should have picked up the guitar and ebay'd it. I just made a nice 30$ profit selling one I picked up which also results in the trade becoming real cash!!

[quote name='Skelah']Anyone have any ideas how to get games pricematched at walmart?

Am I wrong?[/quote]

The same thing happened to me, some dumb middle management woman comes up and immediately tries to find a way out of the PM by saying that they don't match percentage deals. I argue that the 80% is a frame of reference for the value of the deal, but she wants no part of logic and claims that if she "doesn't know how much Circuit City sells it for" she can't give me the PM, I try telling her that's what the big 7.99 tag means, but again...no logic. I was in a bad mood by this point and I let it escalate when she said she wasn't trying to argue with what I was trying to convey. I say that's an absurd thing to say when her point directly contradicts mine, and that if she just doesn't want to give me the PM on the basis of it being too large she should just say so. She tries her best to put the PR spin on it, but without any logic to back her up she fails and I tell her she can't have it both ways (be right without me being wrong) At this point, she storms off and tells the cashier not to give me the PM under any circumstance.

Screw you Wal-Mart of Utica, Michigan. You just lost a customer.

On a semi-related note, has anyone else had trouble trading in MMs to GR? Last night we got denied because the game was on some handwritten list of games not to accept. We would have been able to return it to a non-GR BB not long after that, but due to the cashier actually CALLING the 1st GR to ask about some other thing we were found out and had to take our MMs elsewhere.

That sucks if they aren't taking MM anymore. I was hoping to get 1 or 2 in before next week (assuming they'll adjust the price a lot) but we'll see.

Do you guys trade them in still sealed? I don't even have a 360 so if I get denied I might want to return it.

none of my BB's are carrying anything yet. Ive called so many stores, and nothing better then PS3 controllers (which i dont need). Anyone have any luck in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area with buying something useful at BB?

[quote name='AK50']That sucks if they aren't taking MM anymore. I was hoping to get 1 or 2 in before next week (assuming they'll adjust the price a lot) but we'll see.

Do you guys trade them in still sealed? I don't even have a 360 so if I get denied I might want to return it.[/quote]

Ive traded them in sealed, just incase I need to return them.

But be warned, sealed games have :stolen: written all over them! so if they deny you, dont get pissy or anything.... it's bound to happen. (keep the reciept of where you purchased them, and that might usually shut them up if they get stupid for no reasonable reason.)

No problems trading MM in the Indianapolis area. Of course, that could be because all the CCs were either out of stock before the ad even came out or within 24 hours of it coming out, which left PMing as the only way to get MMs.

I ended up with four from two trips to my local Wal-Mart, which had at least a dozen. First two were no problem, but much like Torch, it took forever for me to get through to the second CSR that the price on that row of games in the ad was a flat $7.99. I ended up just covering up the "up to 80% off" with my fingers and asking her if the price was clearer. She mumbled about "CC doing this just to tag us with a loss", but finally rang me up.

Wal-Marts in Indianapolis are brimming with MMs, but at this point it's not worth it to me to try to pick up any more. I'll just hole up and play games this weekend.

[quote name='Bezerker']I went last night and got 3 MM's pricematched with no problem. I guess whoever you had doesnt understand the concept of advertisements. As you said, the ad states $7.99, with the "bragging" of up to 80% off. Unfortunately ever since Walmart got rid of its requirement of a Bachelors Degree for all employees, customer service, and overall knowledge has gone down.[/QUOTE]

Walmart having a requirement of a bachelors degree for ALL employees...

[quote name='stoned99']You should have picked up the guitar and ebay'd it. I just made a nice 30$ profit selling one I picked up which also results in the trade becoming real cash!![/QUOTE]

I thought about that (especially after I got home and checked the selling prices) but 1) it is too close to Christmas and 2) the box was pretty mangled up on one side. I might still get it for myself though ;).

does anyone think that MM will still get $28.50 credit at BBV on sunday???? cuz that's going to be my only chance to go to BBV w/a Gamerush...and i really wanna get Lost S3 for my ma and pa for xmas :(

[quote name='animemaniac14']does anyone think that MM will still get $28.50 credit at BBV on sunday???? cuz that's going to be my only chance to go to BBV w/a Gamerush...and i really wanna get Lost S3 for my ma and pa for xmas :([/quote]

Seriously, everyone hops on the bandwagon when a good trade price comes around.

GR trade prices only drop on Tuesday morning.

Anyone have Gamestop/Ebgames extra 30% off trade-in coupon. My local GR do not wanted any MM. Only best bet it GS/EB will give me $15 after extra 30% off.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Anyone have Gamestop/Ebgames extra 30% off trade-in coupon. My local GR do not wanted any MM. Only best bet it GS/EB will give me $15 after extra 30% off.[/quote]

Latest 30% expired yesterday.

[quote name='Torch']The same thing happened to me, some dumb middle management woman comes up and immediately tries to find a way out of the PM by saying that they don't match percentage deals. I argue that the 80% is a frame of reference for the value of the deal, but she wants no part of logic and claims that if she "doesn't know how much Circuit City sells it for" she can't give me the PM, I try telling her that's what the big 7.99 tag means, but again...no logic. I was in a bad mood by this point and I let it escalate when she said she wasn't trying to argue with what I was trying to convey. I say that's an absurd thing to say when her point directly contradicts mine, and that if she just doesn't want to give me the PM on the basis of it being too large she should just say so. She tries her best to put the PR spin on it, but without any logic to back her up she fails and I tell her she can't have it both ways (be right without me being wrong) At this point, she storms off and tells the cashier not to give me the PM under any circumstance.

Screw you Wal-Mart of Utica, Michigan. You just lost a customer.

On a semi-related note, has anyone else had trouble trading in MMs to GR? Last night we got denied because the game was on some handwritten list of games not to accept. We would have been able to return it to a non-GR BB not long after that, but due to the cashier actually CALLING the 1st GR to ask about some other thing we were found out and had to take our MMs elsewhere.[/quote]

What really got me is the woman I spoke to mumbled 'im not giving a 40 dollar game for 8 dollars' . I shouldve asked for her autograph guess shes 'mrs walmart'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back