The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='$hady']Sorry sp00ge don't PLAY games in this thread. :roll:

LOL

I like how everyone feels guilty today and made a resolution to stop flipping. I can't wait till the next game comes along and your like ZOMG!% Gotta get me some of those to trade in! [/quote]

I keep trying to get out, but they keep pulling me back in.

Why feel guilty for flipping games at GR/BB? If they kept up on game prices better this wouldn't happen. I might feel bad if I was doing something shady to get the games but I'm not. Buy the games on sale, take them to GR, profit.

[quote name='runpuddrun']what cheap games are still trading in @ $32? Beowulf, Two Worlds, Forza2? Are there any good flips still out there? Beowulf is only $20 at BB for the PS3 this week.[/quote]

Where have you been? Beowulf's been $8 for the last couple of weeks.

sorry, searched the posts and there were over 50 posts with beowulf in it. I for some reason thought that the ps3 version was still $32, sorry.

I missed the whole MM, Beowulf flip. Got in on 3 Forza 2/MUA flips though.

Wondering if there are any other good ones out there. Looks like only two worlds and darkness are the only viable ones left, and madden 06 for some very odd reason.

I for one do not feel guilty about it at all, but I am not buying massive amounts of cheap games and flipping them, only like 3 or so when something good comes along.

GR/BB keeps raising their fucking prices on everything, I even recently canceled my online rental with them because of 2 price raises in the past 6 months, Netflix seems to be working great for me now. The associates in store seemed to be more strict about online and in store rentals and restricting the ability to trade in the mail rentals for instore rentals. Oh well.

I'll keep flipping when I see a good one come along, but it's not a huge deal if it goes away. I have not received any flac for any of my flips from anyone in stores (KC area).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='runpuddrun']sorry, searched the posts and there were over 50 posts with beowulf in it. I for some reason thought that the ps3 version was still $32, sorry.

I missed the whole MM, Beowulf flip. Got in on 3 Forza 2/MUA flips though.

Wondering if there are any other good ones out there. Looks like only two worlds and darkness are the only viable ones left, and madden 06 for some very odd reason.

I for one do not feel guilty about it at all, but I am not buying massive amounts of cheap games and flipping them, only like 3 or so when something good comes along.

GR/BB keeps raising their fucking prices on everything, I even recently canceled my online rental with them because of 2 price raises in the past 6 months, Netflix seems to be working great for me now. The associates in store seemed to be more strict about online and in store rentals and restricting the ability to trade in the mail rentals for instore rentals. Oh well.

I'll keep flipping when I see a good one come along, but it's not a huge deal if it goes away. I have not received any flac for any of my flips from anyone in stores (KC area).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I decided to stick with my Total Access (online) account despite the price increase and E-Coupon removal. I'm not really bothered by the limit of in store exchanges (mainly because I have about four or five BB/GRs within close proximity. Should they go up again, I will definitely reconsider.

Yeah, I cancelled my online total access mainly b/c of the price increases, lowering of in-store exchanges, and the e-coupon removal online. I signed up for redbox email on 2 email accounts and get 2 rentals per week for free, that works for me. Netflix is working out fine for me also.

For some reason my gamerush only stocks the PS3 version of Rock band. I've been looking for the Xbox 360 version but they don't even know when they will get it in. Has anyone spotted a 360 version of Rock Band in their game rush? If so which area?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='TMNT770']does anybody know Two World going to drop anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

Call its easy. If it droped for this week it would have happend today.

Wow, didnt know that time in Rosemead was 5 hours ahead of the East coast. Otherwise you'd probably be able to call since most Blockbusters dont close til Midnight.

For some more GR flip ideas. If you dont mind losing a bit of credit, FYE pays $130.50 for the PS3/360 versions of Rock Band and $124.70 credit for the PS2 version (with guitar/mic/drums of course).

[quote name='Warner1281']The "ban" you received was simply from that specific store. A corporate ban will stick with your account no matter where you go. I've only heard of 3 accounts ever receiving corporate bans. One of them was because they were trading in stolen merchandise (they would steal movies from one Blockbuster and then go to the one down the street and trade them in). I don't remember the specifics of the other 2, but I believe one of them was here on CAG (they got an official letter from corporate and everything).[/quote] thx for the explanation. im kind of new to the BB scenario. seems like i only go in there to do trading. lol. just trying to work my way up to a ps3. :D

[quote name='TMNT770']does anybody know Two World going to drop anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

For fuck's sake, stop asking. It's $32 this week. It either will or won't drop next week. There's your answer.

[quote name='JJSP']Any idea on Tony Hawk PG 360? It's 14.75 (LE) at Target.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I wish I would have waited to use my Gift Cards I had because I would have jumped all of these. That is still a 20 buck profit if I can get my hands on some of these.

[quote name='kevlar51']i just called my local BB and Two Worlds and Darkness are both still at $32. Tony Hawk's PG is $35, nice if Target has indeed dropped it to clearance in some stores.

Now, I'm new at this, so if prices change later in the day on Tuesdays, disregard the preceeding prices ;)[/QUOTE]

Not some stores my good friend but all of them have Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Collector's Edition on Xbox 360 on clearance. The three Targets near me have a lot of these sitting around so you should be able to find a few copies.

[quote name='doubledown']Not sure when Tony Hawk dropped....I went on the 31st and it was still $29.xx at Target.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a YMMV - Some people are reporting 15 at their Target...still 30 at mine!

Well my resolution is going great so far.

:360:
Chromehonds $8
Eragon $12
Kameo $8
Perfect Dark Zero $8
Pimp My Ride $19
Star Trek Legacy $12
Superman Returns $15

Did multiples of each. Got $402 after bonuses. Cost was around $180ish originally. Sears clearance, and all...

[quote name='khamui']For some reason my gamerush only stocks the PS3 version of Rock band. I've been looking for the Xbox 360 version but they don't even know when they will get it in. Has anyone spotted a 360 version of Rock Band in their game rush? If so which area?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

I just bought one for the 360 yesterday at the gamerush in redlands, CA!

Forgot to ask: those of you around Huntington Beach, I'm looking for a 360 Holiday Bundle (Premium with Forza 2 and MUA). I promise not to flip at any of your stores, I just need to pick this up as a gift for a friend down there.

Also, any of you in the IE, I'm going to be heading to Vegas next week and am looking for a store with a 60GB PS3. I know one of you PMed me about one, but I deleted my inbox.

[quote name='whymustiregister']:360: The Darkness is now $19.99 on GS online. Not sure about the stores.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200223

Used is still $26.99.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=952142

The current B2G1 used promo is still the best deal at $16.19. After the promo ends next week, $17.99 for a new copy (minus the usual 10% off coupon) or $14.39 for used (hopefully $17.99 minus 10% off coupon & 10% off for Edge) will still be a nice flip at GR. Here's hoping the trade price holds![/quote]

Darn, price went back up to $29.99. Guess that lower price was only good for the after-Xmas sale. Was hoping for a permanent drop...

[quote name='Kueller']You can get The Darkness from Gamefly for $12.99 until the 3rd, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's till the 4th. Anyone trade some?

Good chance it's probably still holding at $32

edit: Looks like Darkness sold out @ GF sale

If you're smart you'll order these 3 games from gamefly used while you still can cause they all trade for 28.50+ at gamerush(im an emp there so I checked all the trades on the sale list)

Spiderman 3
Two Worlds
The Darkness

you will more than double your value

[quote name='Cimpy101']If you're smart you'll order these 3 games from gamefly used while you still can cause they all trade for 28.50+ at gamerush(im an emp there so I checked all the trades on the sale list)

Spiderman 3
Two Worlds
The Darkness

you will more than double your value[/QUOTE]

??? I traded Spider-man 3 a while ago and only got $19 for it. Are you sure about that value? (You are talking about the 360 version, yes?)

[quote name='dinovelvet']??? I traded Spider-man 3 a while ago and only got $19 for it. Are you sure about that value? (You are talking about the 360 version, yes?)[/quote]

Same thing I was thinking...perhaps his Spiderman 3 value is YMMV?

Prices this morning:

360/Bioshock 28.50
360/The Darkness 32.00
360/Tom Clancy's Vegas Ltd 35.00

Guy working would not allow me to trade in the 360 2 pack because of no barcodes (I guess I will try and print full sleeves).

[quote name='dinovelvet']??? I traded Spider-man 3 a while ago and only got $19 for it. Are you sure about that value? (You are talking about the 360 version, yes?)[/quote]

I checked on those prices last week before I ordered them. I'm trading them all in today so I'll let you know what happens.

Either way though I checked today and Gamefly took spiderman 3 down from their list.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Prices this morning:

360/Bioshock 28.50
360/The Darkness 32.00
360/Tom Clancy's Vegas Ltd 35.00

Guy working would not allow me to trade in the 360 2 pack because of no barcodes (I guess I will try and print full sleeves).[/quote]
At our store we just flat out stopped taking the fortza and marvel games cause employees at other stores were stealing them and trading them in. together they trade for $47.

Not every store does this though so if you want to try to trade them in do this. You DON'T need to have the barcode to trade in a game. Gamerush only requires that you have the disc. So what you can do is just bring the discs (with or without the manuals) in empty (but seperate) cases and trade them in as is there. Employees can look up the game in the system database and trade it manually.

If your gamerush won't let you do that you should call customer care on them and they will take care of you.

Superman Returns trades in for $15 at BB/GR and it's only $9.99 on Amazon(free 2-day with Prime).(also cheaper at Sears I believe.) it's a good flip if you're looking for quick credit

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Superman Returns trades in for $15 at BB/GR and it's only $9.99 on Amazon(free 2-day with Prime).(also cheaper at Sears I believe.) it's a good flip if you're looking for quick credit[/quote]

Returns in OOS

Just a heads up for those of you trying to flip Tony Hawk Proving Grounds for 360...

The barcode for the Limited Edition doesn't scan correctly at some (2/3 for me) GRs. I had to talk them into typing it manually and it helped that I had the receipt from the GR that DID manage to scan the game correctly. I think it's that the GR database doesn't have a listing for the UPC of the Limited edition.

Looks like i'll be doing disc only trades until i'm out of Tony Hawks!

They are still fetching $35 a piece.

On a lesser note, my GR that is closest to me (Monrovia, CA) had a note on my trade account not to accept any trades. Unfortunate as I only traded 2x MMs to them and a bunch of good games (Assassins Creed/Dirt, etc). Will this "note" go away with time, or is there anything else I can do that is short of making a whole new account?

[quote name='JDMxB']Just a heads up for those of you trying to flip Tony Hawk Proving Grounds for 360...

The barcode for the Limited Edition doesn't scan correctly at some (2/3 for me) GRs. I had to talk them into typing it manually and it helped that I had the receipt from the GR that DID manage to scan the game correctly. I think it's that the GR database doesn't have a listing for the UPC of the Limited edition.

Looks like i'll be doing disc only trades until i'm out of Tony Hawks!

They are still fetching $35 a piece.

On a lesser note, my GR that is closest to me (Monrovia, CA) had a note on my trade account not to accept any trades. Unfortunate as I only traded 2x MMs to them and a bunch of good games (Assassins Creed/Dirt, etc). Will this "note" go away with time, or is there anything else I can do that is short of making a whole new account?[/quote]

The note won't go away until they delete it manually. You'll either need find a way to start a new account or just stop going to that store altogether.

Hey quick question. Does anyone know the current trade in price for project sylpheed? CC is putting it onsale for $8.96 this up-comming week (along with some of last years sports titles and a bunch of last gen stuff).

[quote name='Akira119']Hey quick question. Does anyone know the current trade in price for project sylpheed? CC is putting it onsale for $8.96 this up-comming week (along with some of last years sports titles and a bunch of last gen stuff).[/quote]

someone got quoted $15 over the phone.

[quote name='Cimpy101']If you're smart you'll order these 3 games from gamefly used while you still can cause they all trade for 28.50+ at gamerush(im an emp there so I checked all the trades on the sale list)

Spiderman 3
Two Worlds
The Darkness

you will more than double your value[/quote]

What a month to be poor :bomb:

[quote name='Warner1281']The note won't go away until they delete it manually. You'll either need find a way to start a new account or just stop going to that store altogether.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I take it that the note is only on my account at that store?

[quote name='JDMxB']Thanks for the info, I take it that the note is only on my account at that store?[/quote]

Most likely yes. The stores aren't linked for some reason, so notes added are only able to be seen at that store unless a District Manager adds a note on your account then that would be added to every store in the district.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back